Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ [Kanata X Miyu] : Coüple de Grace ❯ The Moment ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Next day…
 
Kanata is lying on the parquet at their school as he read his lines…
 
Kanata : Darn It! This is really grueling!!
 
Santa : Hey Kanata why are you lying there? Are you having trouble memorizing your lines?
 
Kanata : In fact, I am! (Shows his lines to Santa).
 
Santa : Man! Whoa! Oh My! What?! This is really difficult! My grandmother would've had a hard time memorizing this!
 
Kanata (sigh) : I don't know what to do! The play is fastly approaching! What should I do!..
 
As Kanata and Santa put their heads together to think of something, Miyu arrives at the scene then sits at one of the chairs near the stage.
 
Santa (grins while looking at Kanata) : Hey Kanata, why don't you ask Kouzuki for help?
 
Kanata (snickering) : Yeah, like she will.
 
Santa (shouts) : Miyu Miyu-chan!!
 
Kanata (embarrassed) : Stop it Santa!!!
 
Miyu noticed Santa..
 
Miyu : Yeah? Is there anything you want me to do? (she smiles).
 
Santa : Well you see, Kanata Is having trouble memorizing his lines.. and since you're his close friend In the play, I would really appreciate it if you help my best friend Kanata.. (He vividly told Miyu with a grin on his face).
 
Miyu just smiles then stares at Kanata who is staring back at her.
 
Miyu : Sure! To tell you the truth I'm having trouble memorizing my own lines.. it'll be better if we work together .. Ne Kanata?
 
Kanata can't help but blush towards Miyu.
 
Kanata :S..S.. Sure.. thanks Miyu.. I don't know what to do with this protracted lines!
 
Then later that day.
 
Kanata (changing his shoes at the locker room) : So you're not going to our place?
 
Santa (Ties his sneakers) : Sorry Kanata, but my mom won't let me spend another night.. maybe tomorrow.. okay? See ya! (runs home).
 
Kanata : Guess I'll be going home… (walks outside).
 
Kanata stares at the cerulean clouds while walking home when suddenly someone grasps on to his shoulder.
 
Kanata (quickly turns around) : Huh? Oh!
 
Miyu (stares at him anxiously) : Huh? Did I frighten you ? sorry Kanata
 
Kanata : Miyu-chan? Why? Wha? Are you following me?
 
Miyu : Yeah, We're going to work on our lines right?
Kanata : Oh yeah right! By the way, where is Nozomu?
 
Miyu : Nozomu told me that he can't make it. he told me that he has some appointments with his dad that he needs to take care off.
 
Kanata : I see..
 
Miyu : Kanata? Where is Akira?
 
Kanata : Oh! Akira? She went to her parents place, she said that she'll be away for awhile.
 
Miyu (Smiles jovially): Oh ok… well shall we? I don't want to be late for dinner.
 
Later…
 
Hosho : Miyu!! How are you? Is you're father here?
 
Kanata (whispers) : Here we go again.
 
Miyu : No Mr.Saionji.. my father will arrive later , he's at work.
 
Hosho : Oh I see! Anyway please come in! come in! I'll make some green tea for you… please make yourself at home.
 
Miyu (looks pleased) : Hey Kanata, you're father sure is a benevolent person!
 
Kanata (sigh) : I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.. he does that if there is a visitor , I would call him a indolent rather than a benevolent..
 
Miyu (smiles) : Kanata, stop joking about that. At least your father cares for you even though you call him an indolent person.
 
Kanata : Yeah! Haha.. I guess he's one propitious dad.
 
They both practiced their lines at Kanata's room, Kanata and Miyu is having a hard time memorizing their lines.
 
Kanata (stares at his obscure lines) : Darn it! I can't do it.
 
Miyu : You know Kanata, When I was little I was having a hard time memorizing lines from our play. My father said that if one should memorize their lines, they should do it with action .as they say, action speaks louder than words. Once you knew your action, you can easily understand the lines.
 
Kanata : You think so?
 
Miyu : Okay… let's start of with this part..
 
Kanata : This is the part when I dive in to save you from those hideous monsters.
 
Miyu : Okay! Let's try! (Miyu stands at a certain spot then shouts while in character) Gyah!
 
Kanata : Don't worry! Miyuuu!! (he dives toward her then grabs her). Are you alright? Miyu? MIYU!!
 
Miyu : I .. uhh.. (she fainted).
 
Kanata : Ooh no! what should I do..? Miyu! WAKE UP!!
 
Miyu : C..continue..
 
Kanata : Wha?
 
Miyu : I said continue with your line! I'm still in character.
 
Kanata (Staggers) : Wha? I thought you're really.. (sigh) you almost gave me a heart attack.
 
Miyu (chuckles) : Anyway… we should practice this. It'll be pretty hard if we don't know the action.
 
After a few hours…
 
Kanata : It's working Miyu!
 
Miyu : I told you! See? We finished pages 1-20 we need to practice one last page.
 
Kanata : Bring it on!
 
Miyu and Kanata (both read the lines) : As the girl cries in front of his close friend, the boy suddenly felt this urge that he wants to comfort her by kissing her. Then the girl would notice that this “friend” has a “thing” for her. The girl then ask her friend if he would stand by her side until the end of time. For better or for worse.. for he is the only one that would comfort her from her troubled days.
 
Kanata (blushes madly) : Kiss?
 
Miyu : Kiss?
 
Kanata and Miyu : But… (looks at each other).
 
Kanata : Should we..
 
Miyu : I.. um… let's practice this part but let's skip the “kissing” part okay?
 
Kanata : That's cool with me.
 
Miyu (in character) : I.. I don't know what to do.. My life is useless without him.
 
Kanata (in character) : there there Miyu.. it's alright.. I'm here for you..
 
Miyu (hugs Kanata) : Kanata… (cries in his arms).
 
Kanata : Don't worry I'm here for you..
 
Akira arrives at the temple then slightly slides Kanata's door open, she then finds Kanata hugging Miyu. One of the pearl on her bracelet fell down without her noticing it as the pearl rolls toward Miyu.
 
Kanata : I think this is the scene which we should skip.
 
Miyu : Yeah, I know.. (She stepped onto the pearl). Waaa (She stumbles down while pulling Kanata towards her).
 
Akira is stunned at what she saw.
 
Kanata : Uh? Huh? (His lips sticks with Miyu as both of them stares for a while).
 
Akira then had a feign smile then she walks away
 
Kanata : WAA?!?!
 
Miyu : !!!! What?!!
 
Kanata and Miyu actually shared a kiss..
 
Miyu (blushes a little) : I.. I'm sorry..
 
Kanata : I.. I'm sorry too.. but hey, at least we won't feel nervous when we're doing the play right?
 
Miyu : Well you got a point..
 
After all that commotion, Miyu and Kanata can only laugh the night away .
 
Akira (with a feign smile) : Kanata DOES have someone.. huh…
 
TO BE CONTINUED