Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Cupid's Arrows ❯ It isn't just a stage kiss ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Aya! AYYYYYYYAAAA!!!!!!!”
 
“WAH! What is it?” Aya almost fell from her seat.
 
“Really bad news. Seiya has the Chicken Pox!” Nanami stuttered.
 
“WHAT?!?!? Who will be our Prince Phillip? No one can memorize those lines by tomorrow! What will we dooooooooo!!?”
 
Nanami's face brightened up. “I have an idea!”
 
“Tell meeeeeee!”
 
~Room 4-3~
 
“C-could you repeat that last bit?”
 
“I need you to be Prince Phillip! Seiya's down and you will be my main man!” Aya scrambled.
 
“But why me? Why not anybody else?” Kanata countered.
 
“You taught Seiya everything he knows to be the Prince, so you are the perfect understudy for him!”

“Well I…” Kanata had nothing to contradict that.
 
“Okay, it's decided. You will be Prince Phillip.”
 
“But, Miss Konishi…!” She already closed the door.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kanata is memorizing his lines for the play.
 
(Kanata reads the script)
 
Phillip:
But when will I see you again?
Briar Rose:
Oh never, never!
Phillip:
Never?
Briar Rose:
Well, maybe someday.
 
 
 
Kanata remembers that Miyu will be the Princess. He quickly flips the pages to the part when they kiss.
 
(Kanata reads the part)
 
Phillip and the fairies get inside the castle and up to the tower, where Aurora lies on her bed. Phillip slowly walks towards her and gives her a faint kiss on the lips. Aurora awakens, sees Phillip and begins to smile.
 
It's just a stage kiss right? He turns another few pages.
 
* THE END *
 
He closes the booklet. “I better get a good night sleep. I don't want to be sleepy tomorrow!” He notices a light across the street and stares at it. He realizes it was Miyu waving her arms and talking to herself. She must be practicing her lines. I think I'll practice too. They practice their lines, and then they saw each other. They now see that they are on the same page. Kanata gets his cell phone and calls Miyu's. Miyu smirks at the idea. They continue practicing until they said their goodbyes. Kanata thinks about the bill that he's going to be paying in his cell phone until he falls asleep.
 
~next day~
 
“I'm so nervous! There are a lot of people here!” Miyu said as she tries to hold her stomach full of butterflies.
 
“I understand Miyu but you'll do fine there. I trust in you.” Christine smiled comforting her best friend.
 
“Okay…” Miyu said, still holding her stomach.
 
“Besides,” Christine continued, “you look absolutely stunning in that gown!”
 
“Yeah, I guess I do. Hehehe.”
 
“And, did you know? Seiya has the chicken pox and can't be here tonight.”
 
“What? Then…who will be Prince Phillip?”
 
“You won't believe this…” Christine came closer to her and whispered something in her ear and made her blush a little.
 
“No way!” Miyu said, taking a few steps backward.
 
“WAY. Now come on and meet your prince!” Christine smirked and pulled her to the dressing room. “No, Chris, wait!”
 
~in the dressing room~
 
“Do I really have to wear this?” Kanata raising his arms.
 
“Yes teacher. Is it too tight?” the seamstress asked.
 
“Not at all. It's the right size.”
 
Christine and Miyu came in the dressing room. Kanata was a little bit shocked and had an urge to hide himself from them.
 
“Come on Miyu! Oh, hi teacher!” Christine said, letting go of Miyu and Miyu hitting her head on the floor.
 
“Yeah, yeah. Teacher Kanata…” Kanata gave her a sharp look.
Miyu smirked, “Sa-i-on-ji! Happy?” Kanata nodded. Christine became suspicious. “What's going on between you two?” Christine asked.
“Nothing.” They both said in unison.
“I hope so.”
 
The play of the 4-3 will be in 5 minutes. The announcer said.
 
“Come on, you two! You have to be there in 5 minutes!” Christine pushed the couple up to the edge of the stage, behind the side curtains.
 
Now, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you section 4-3 playing the story of `Sleeping Beauty'
 
The curtains pull apart. This is how the story goes:
 
Once upon a time there was a Queen who had a beautiful baby daughter. She asked all the fairies in the kingdom to the christening, but unfortunately forgot to invite one of them, who was a bit of a witch as well. She came anyway, but as she passed the baby's cradle, she said:
"When you are sixteen, you will injure yourself with a spindle and die!"
"Oh, no!" screamed the Queen in horror. A good fairy quickly chanted a magic spell to change the curse. When she hurt herself, the girl would fall into a very deep sleep instead of dying.
The years went by, the little Princess grew and became the most beautiful girl in the whole kingdom. Her mother was always very careful to keep her away from spindles, but the Princess, on her sixteenth birthday, as she wandered through the castle, came into a room where an old servant was spinning.
"What are you doing?" she asked the servant.
"I'm spinning. Haven't you seen a spindle before?"
"No. Let me see it!" The servant handed the girl the spindle ... and she pricked herself with it and. with a sigh, dropped to the floor.
The terrified old woman hurried to tell the Queen. Beside herself with anguish, the Queen did her best to awaken her daughter but in vain. The court doctors and wizards were called, but there was nothing they could do. The girl could not be wakened from her deep sleep. The good fairy who managed to avoid the worst of the curse came too, and the Queen said to her,
"When will my daughter waken?"
"I don't know," the fairy admitted sadly.
"In a year's time, ten years or twenty?" the Queen went on.
"Maybe in a hundred years' time. Who knows?" said the fairy.
"Oh! What would make her waken?" asked the Queen weeping.
"Love," replied the fairy. "If a man of pure heart were to fall in love with her, that would bring her back to life!"
"How can a man fall in love with a sleeping girl?" sobbed the Queen, and so heart-broken was she that, a few days later, she died. The sleeping Princess was taken to her room and laid on the bed surrounded by garlands of flowers. She was so beautiful, with a sweet face, not like those of the dead, but pink like those who are sleeping peacefully. The good fairy said to herself,
"When she wakens, who is she going to see around her? Strange faces and people she doesn't know? I can never let that happen. It would be too painful for this unfortunate girl."
So the fairy cast a spell; and everyone that lived in the castle - soldiers, ministers, guards, servants, ladies, pages, cooks, maids and knights - all fell into a deep sleep, wherever they were at that very moment.
"Now," thought the fairy, "when the Princess wakes up, they too will awaken, and life will go on from there." And she left the castle, now wrapped in silence. Not a sound was to be heard, nothing moved except for the clocks, but when they too ran down, they stopped, and time stopped with them. Not even the faintest rustle was to be heard, only the wind whistling round the turrets, not a single voice, only the cry of birds.
The years sped past. In the castle grounds, the trees grew tall. The bushes became thick and straggling, the grass invaded the courtyards and the creepers spread up the walls. In a hundred years, a dense forest grew up.
Now, it so happened that a Prince arrived in these parts. He was the son of a king in a country close by. Young, handsome and melancholy, he sought in solitude everything he could not find in the company of other men: serenity, sincerity and purity. Wandering on his trusty steed he arrived, one day, at the dark forest. Being adventurous, he decided to explore it. He made his way through slowly and with a struggle, for the trees and bushes grew in a thick tangle. A few hours later, now losing heart, he was about to turn his horse and go back when he thought he could see something through the trees . . . He pushed back the branches . . . Wonder of wonders! There in front of him stood a castle with high towers. The young man stood stock still in amazement,
"I wonder who this castle belongs to?" he thought.
The young Prince rode on towards the castle. The drawbridge was down and, holding his horse by the reins, he crossed over it. Immediately he saw the inhabitants draped all over the steps, the halls and courtyards, and said to himself,
"Good heavens! They're dead!" But in a moment, he realized that they were sound asleep. "Wake up! Wake up!" he shouted, but nobody moved. Still thoroughly astonished, he went into the castle and again discovered more people, lying fast asleep on the floor. As though led by a hand in the complete silence, the Prince finally reached the room where the beautiful Princess lay fast asleep. For a long time he stood gazing at her face, so full of serenity, so peaceful, lovely and pure, and he felt spring to his heart that love he had always been searching for and never found. Overcome by emotion, he went close, kneeled down on one knee and kissed her gently…
At that kiss, the princess slowly opened her eyes, and wakening from her long, long sleep, seeing the Prince beside her, murmured:
"Oh, you have come at last! I was waiting for you in my dream. I've waited so long!"
Just then, the spell was broken. The Princess rose to her feet, holding out her hand to the Prince. And the whole castle woke up too. Everybody rose to their feet and they all stared round in amazement, wondering what had happened. When they finally realized, they rushed to the Princess, more beautiful and happier then ever.
A few days later, the castle that only a short time before had lain in silence, now rang with the sound of singing, music and happy laughter at the great party given in honor of the Prince and Princess, who were getting married. They lived happily ever after.
­The audience stood up and clapped their hands. The curtains closed. In a moment, they opened again to see that everybody is onstage, holding hands. In Miyu's head, however, she was lost in her own thoughts. She thought about what Kanata said right before he kissed her. This isn't just a stage kiss, Miyu. She tried to figure it out, but she can't. I better ask him later. In the count of three, they all bowed at the same time and exited. Coincidentally, Miyu and Kanata were side by side and, when they exited, Miyu was still holding his hand. She pulled him to a darker spot where they could talk privately.
“Kanata, what did you say that for?” asked Miyu in a serious and hushed tone.
“What did I say what for?” He countered, playing with her head.
“You know… onstage before the…the…”
“KISS?”
“Yeah…”
“I won't tell you! But, if you really want to know, do something for me first.”
Miyu sighed. “What can I do for you to tell me what it meant?”
“I need you to kiss me!”
“Well, that's all right? Nothing else?” Miyu anked in a whisper Kanata nodded.
“Okay.” She tried to kiss him on the cheek but she could not reach him. She tried it over and over. “I'm just kid-” Kanata turned to face her. Miyu was still trying to reach his cheek and when he turned, her lips went straight on to his. It was quick, but both felt it.
“Ah… what a nice… wall…hehehe.” Miyu put a hand on the wall.
“Yeah,, nice wall…”Kanata agreed.
“So, what was the `this isn't just a stage kiss' thing all about, huh?”
“It's nothing, really…”
“Oh? Then why are you still holding my hand then?”
“I told you…it's nothing.” He said, not letting go of her hand.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Sorry you had to read that story about the play… I'll continue it later so here's a cliff hanger for ya! Please read and review! -Racky