Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Making True A Promise ❯ Broken-winged Sparrow ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Isidora: Finally, the last chapter! This story took three years to finish. I started it in 2005 and continued the 6th to 8th chapter just recently. I hope I did justice to my idea of three years ago although. Let me know what you think of this. And kindly read and review my other stories as well: The Evil gang's Bubble Gum Bazooka and Miyu's Hair; Merry Weather, Take Care; White Day, Happy Birthday; Love the Man in the Mirror!; and Beer-serk!
 
Thanks so much to those who have read and reviewed this story and all my other stories as well! I appreciate it a lot!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Daa! Daa! Daa!
 
Broken-winged Sparrow
(Chapter 8)
 
“So it's been a week huh?” Aya said as she looked at Miyu, still not quite herself, sitting by the chair beside the window, her eyes wandering further and further.
 
Nanami bit her lip. “There hasn't been any news either. Not a spirit attacking or anything. I wonder what it could mean.”
 
Christine who was in her seat watched Kanata from afar.
 
“He's not taking it well.” Santa said as if reading Christine's mind.
 
Christine nodded, her eyes exhibiting hurt in them. She hurt for Kanata. She pursed her lips to say something but hesitated.
 
---+
 
It was dismissal time. The sun has dimmed down earlier than expected. Tsukishino approached Kanata who was fixing his things.
 
“I have a meeting with the council. You'll have to go home by yourself today.” He smiled sadly.
 
Tsukishino nodded, tears almost brimming in her eyes. “Kanata, it's been a week. What if…”
 
“Kanata! The meeting's started!” Another boy called from outside the classroom.
 
Kanata glanced at Tsukishino. “I have to go.”
 
Tsukishino watched as Kanata leave and was by herself again.
 
---+
 
Tsukishino sat herself in the steps of the temple shrine, intently watching the sunset, when Ruu sat by her side.
 
“Hello Ruu.” She said as she patted the boy's head gently so as not to startle him. “Do you miss Miyu?”
 
Ruu stared at her, his eyes softening.
 
“But we should not lose hope right?”
 
Ruu climbed to her lap and placed his head on her chest to comfort her. She hugged Ruu, a few tears escaping from her eyes.
 
“We should never stop believing.”
 
---+
 
Kanata looked at the staircase to the temple, looking very tired.
 
“So it really has been a week.” Kanata said, still weak from the ritual he performed the week before.
 
“Does this mean we have to try again?” He watched as the trees swayed from the swift blow if the wind, its shadows brushing through the steps to the temple.
 
The wind whistled.
 
“I have delivered your message.” Kanata heard a young girl's voice say.
 
Kanata was startled. “Could it be?”
 
The wind encircled him like a hurricane but gentle and left as soon as it came. In his right hand, he found a Sakura petal stuck in his hand. Suddenly he was reminded how a cherry tree promised to deliver the message through the flight of her petals.
 
He ran to the temple to deliver the good news to Tsukishino but stopped in the middle of the stair case. There, several steps away from him, was a sparrow that fell from flight. He knelt to inside to check what had happened to the bird and found that one of its wings were broken.
 
The bird ailed in pain as Kanata tried to move it to carry it to the temple. Suddenly, Kanata heard his heart beat as loud as the bird's. He looked at it closely when a voice spoke to him in his mind.
 
“It's you, the one who called for me.”
 
Kanata's eyes widened. “You're…”
---+
 
Tsukishino hugged herself as she watched sun's rays lose its luminescence. It was then when Kanata appeared at the temple gate.
 
Tsukishino stood up to greet him when she noticed there was something different with Kanata.
 
He raised his right hand. “Tsukishino, I'm back. I'm home. Sorry it took me awhile to find you.”
 
The last rays of the sun shone against Kanata's back. Through the help of the sun Tsukishino saw not Kanata but the lover she thought she would never get to see again.
 
Tears welled in her eyes. “Ta…”
 
She cut her own words as she ran to his welcoming arms, the wind almost carrying her to him.
 
Takeshi caught her in her arms and locked her in his firm embrace. “Thanks for believing in me Tsukishino.”
 
He held her in the shoulders to take a good look at her face and found locks of hair sticking to her tears. He slowly tucked the hair in Tsukishino's face at her ear and brushed his fingers to her cheeks to dry her tears. He touched her lips with his thumb and drew his face closer for his lips to touch hers.
 
A tear fell from Tsukishino's eyes as she closed them. `Kami-sama, arigato.'
 
---+
 
“Miyu, wake up.”
 
Miyu slowly opened her eyes, still in the darkness. She rubbed the sleep in her eyes when she saw the same woman she had talked to previously. She looked at her closely. She was wearing a kimono with brown hair brushing down her back.
 
“I already have my wish.” She extended her right hand to help Miyu up. She took it, not removing the other girl from her sight.
 
“It's time for yours.” She smiled sweetly.
 
“Arigato, Miyu.” She said as she embraced her.
 
---+
 
“What's happening here?” Wannya said as he watched the two teens in a deep embrace as the last rays of the sun descended upon the earth.
 
“Mama!” Ruu exclaimed happily.
 
Miyu opened her eyes. She heard the heartbeat of the person who made her shivering stop. She looked up and saw the brown-haired boy who was looking at her, surprised as well.
 
Miyu and Kanata blinked. Realization suddenly pushed each other away, blushing.
 
Miyu was on her knees. `What was that?'
 
Her head spun. `Why was he hugging me!'
 
She took a quick glance at Kanata who caught her look at him. She removed her gaze. `No! He caught me looking! What will I do? Get a grip of yourself Miyu! It wasn't you who hugged him! So it's okay! He should be the one embarrassed about the situation!'
 
Miyu's heart pounded. `Why am I so affected?' She mentally pulled her hair.
 
She snapped out of her reverie when she found Kanata in front of her staring at her.
 
“Kanata! You scared me! Don't just appear like that! You nearly gave me a heart attack!” She exclaimed.
 
“Are you really Miyu?” Kanata said as she poked her forehead.
 
Miyu blinked. “You think I'm not Miyu?”
 
“No, you're Miyu alright.” Kanata said smiling.
 
Question marks flooded Miyu's head. “I thought I was weird. Who's talking non-sense now?”
 
“Is it really Miyu?” Wannya said, tears overflowing from his eyes.
 
“What's with everybody?” Miyu said out loud when Ruu pressed his lips against her to shut her up.
 
Miyu blushed. “Ruu! What are you doing?”
 
“He's probably just happy.” Kanata said, relieved also at how the events turned out.
 
“No. Ruu saw you two do that awhile ago that's why he wanted to try it. But you know in our planet a kiss means marriage, which means…” Wannya looked at Miyu who was now several feet away from Kanata, in shock.
 
`What does Wannya mean that Ruu saw us do that earlier?' Miyu's sweat flooded.
 
“Wannya let's go inside.” Miyu heard Kanata say to Ruu and Wannya.
 
“Kanata! You owe me an explanation! What did Wannya mean by Ruu seeing us do…” Miyu was cut off.
 
Kanata looked at her. “Why would I want to kiss you?” He stuck his tongue out.
 
Miyu stomped her way inside the house ahead of everyone else and turned to face Kanata. “I won't kiss you even if you were the last guy on earth.” She stuck her tongue out at Kanata.
 
“That's fine. I'll be the last guy but you won't certainly be the last girl on earth.”
 
“What was that!” Miyu said enraged.
 
Wannya, Ruu and Pepo watched Miyu and Kanata squabble, with Wannya's sweat dropping.
 
“Well at least now everything is back to normal. Things seem happier when Miyu is around.” Wannya said with a smile.
 
Ruu looked at his earthling parents, happy for the first time that they were fighting because maybe, just maybe, he knew that that was how they show their fondness for each other.
 
-END-
 
Isidora: I have finally completed it! Like it? Hate it? Just tell me! I won't mind just as long as you say it constructively. This is the end folks! See you in the next stories! Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed!