Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Making True A Promise ❯ Different ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One - Different
 
 
Miyu sat up only to find infinite darkness swallowing her.
 
“Where am I?” Her voice echoed as she looked around her. Her arms slowly stiffening as she saw her breath come out of her mouth.
 
“Cold…” Miyu stuttered as she hugged herself. “Is anybody there? Please, I need help.”
 
Miyu trembled as her legs froze, her body slowly turning immobile.
 
“Go to sleep.”
 
“Huh? Who was that? There's someone else here? Where are you? Please answer back.! Where are you?! I need your help!” Miyu shouted as she looked around her.
 
“No. You don't need my help. I need your help.” A girl in a plush purple kimono said as she floated to face Miyu.
 
“My help? What do you mean?” Miyu's eyes twinge as she tried looking at the illuminated face of the girl in front of her.
 
“Just go to sleep. Everything will be fine.” The girl breathed to her as she touched Miyu's face with her ice-cold hands.
 
The girl watched as Miyu's eyes started falling into deep sleep, her hands still on Miyu's face. She smiled as her fingers left the blonde's cheeks, seeing she was fast asleep.
 
“Wait. Will I be of help to you if I just sleep here?” Miyu whispered under her breath as she grabbed the sleeve of the other girl's kimono, her eyes remaining shut.
 
“Yes. It is everything you can do to help. Thank you.” She replied as she took Miyu for a warm embrace.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
 
 
“Miyu! Miyu! Wake up! Please wake up!” Wannya screamed as his animated tears fell from his big round purple eyes.
 
“Mama!” Ruu said as he hiccupped between his tears.
 
“Don't worry, you two. She must've just fainted because of the heat or something. She'll be awake anytime soon. You'll see.” Kanata said to console the two aliens as he patted Ruu's head to comfort him.
 
“Oh look she's waking up! I'm so glad.” Wannya said as his tears flooded. “I was so worried Miyu-san! What happened to you?”
 
“Mama!” Ruu happily flew to Miyu's arms, which in return embraced him.
 
“Hello there, did I worry everyone? I'm sorry. I don't remember what happened myself. It just happened” Miyu said as she looked at the baby in her arms, who was trying to break free from her hold.
 
“Ruu what's the matter?” Wannya asked as Ruu broke free and left the room. “Oh my… Well, I'm happy you're all right Miyu-san. I'll be cooking a scrumptious dinner tonight to get you back on your feet in the morning. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me.” The pet-sitter wagged its tail around and flew to pick the flying baby in the corridor.
 
“You're not hurt anywhere, are you?” Kanata asked thoughtfully as he sat across Miyu.
 
“No, I'm not. There's nothing to worry.”
 
“I'm sorry. I should've just gone shopping after the meeting.” Kanata said as he turned his face away from Miyu.
 
“It's alright. Don't worry I'm fine.” She smiled.
 
“Although, you must stay here at home tomorrow to make sure there's nothing wrong with you. I'll just tell Miss Mizuno and your friends so they won't worry too much.”
 
“Thank you very much.” She said as she bowed her head down.
 
“Huh? What are you doing Miyu? There's no need for that.” Kanata said as he watched Miyu. “Anyway, I'll be in my room if you need me. I still have to do my homework.” He said as he stood to turn the lights off.
 
Kanata shut the door and slowly let his right arm fall to his side.
 
“She's acting strange.” He thought as he stood motionless at the door of Miyu's room, recalling how Ruu left the room earlier.