Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Making True A Promise ❯ Trance ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two - Trance
 
 
“Are you trying to point out she's acting weird?” Santa asked as he listened attentively to Kanata.
 
“Well to say it bluntly, yes, she really is acting weird.” Kanata said trying to put his voice down as much as possible.
 
“What made you say so, dude? She must be just undergoing those monthly things girls have, you know. ”
 
Upon hearing such, Nanami never wasted time and started pounding Santa with their Algebra book. “You're so rude, Santa!”
 
“Well, I must say…” Christine said as she looked disappointedly at Santa together with the other girls in the class.
 
“Anyway that doesn't make sense at all…” Aya said as she placed her fist under her chin.
 
“What do you mean Aya?” Nanami said as she dropped an all bruised up Santa.
 
“The fact that Santa and Kanata were talking about monthly period. It just does not make sense at all. Unless it's about…”
 
Aya was cut short as Christine started blabbing about a “Miyu fainting and Kanata catching her just in time” story.
 
“Miyu are you alright?” Christine said as she mimicked Kanata's voice. “Kanata? Yes I'm alright now that you're holding me in your arms.” Christine said imitating Miyu's voice this time. “And together they climb the Great Wall of China to watch the stars together! It's unforgivable!!!” Christine screamed as she carried the knocked out Santa.
 
“Christine! It's nothing like that.” Kanata said as he placed his hands on Christine's shoulders.
 
“Kanata has his hands on my shoulders! Oh!!!” She said as she dropped Santa to the floor, heart bubbles popping almost everywhere.
 
“So why were you talking about it then Kanata?” Nanami asked.
 
“The truth is Santa just put it up to explain Miyu's condition.” Kanata replied.
 
“What's wrong with Miyu then? I thought she just needed rest because she felt weak this morning?” Aya asked, concern written in her eyes.
 
“I asked her to stay at home today because I was not particularly sure what was wrong with her. You see yesterday when I arrived at the top of the steps to the temple, I found her laying there all pale and shivering. She never told us what happened to her when she woke up and from there she started acting weird.” Kanata explained.
 
“What made her weird then?” Aya retorted.
 
“We were just getting there.” Santa butted in as he dusted the dirt on his pants.
 
“Well, this morning, I found her cooking. It was for breakfast and my lunch. And as you can see in my half-eaten lunch there are egg rolls, okonomiyaki and octopus puffs.”
 
Everybody looked at him dumbfounded.
 
“Wait you're not making me finish. Well when I tasted them, they were actually pretty good, no, they were the best that I have tasted. Taste it if you want.” Kanata said as he handed out some of his lunch to the others.
 
“I don't know what this is for but here it goes.” Nanami said as she plopped a piece of octopus puffs.
 
“Well? So how is it?” Kanata asked as he watched the people surrounding him.
 
“WOW! These are delicious.” Everybody said in chorus, as they tasted it in their mouths.
 
“Well, exactly my point, Miyu could never cook anything as good as that.” Kanata said, as he tasted the last piece of okonomiyaki. “Good.”
 
“So you mean to say you're judging her as weird just because she can cook this good? Come on, man. She might have found a good recipe and tried it.” Santa said coolly.
 
“ Well, it's not just that. When I left this morning, she bowed to me before I left and said `See you later!'” Kanata added.
 
“Still not valid.” Santa said.
 
“If you still don't believe me, why don't you see her for yourself later?” Kanata suggested.
 
“Going to a visit to see my little Miyu, my ill mademoiselle. Oh I hope she gets well upon seeing my special roses just meant for her.” Nozomu said out of nowhere.
 
“I don't think we have to go there now, guys. There she is.” Nanami said as she pointed out the window to a nearby wall just beside a cherry tree.
 
Everybody crowded by the windows.
 
“Huh? It is Miyu alright! How did she get up there?”
 
“Isn't she sick?”
 
“What is she doing out there?”
 
Questions crowded the room even more.
 
“Kanata where are you going?” Christine asked as she saw his plight out of the classroom.
 
“Little Miyu needs me! I have to go get her!” Nozomu trailed after Kanata.
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Kanata stopped to catch the breath he has lost as he sunk on his knees.
 
“Are you alright?” a voice asked.
 
“Miyu?” Kanata looked at her in shock. “Weren't you on top of that wall just now?”
 
She giggled. “Are you kidding? I can't climb such height even if I were in pants.”
 
“Little Miyu! How did you go down that high wall? You are not hurt, are you mademoiselle?” Nozomu asked as he was too trying to catch his breath.
 
“Why would I be up a wall anyway? What are you talking about?” Miyu asked, confused herself.
 
“Miyu!” Aya cried, hugging Miyu. “Are you alright? Did you get hurt? What were you doing out there? You could've killed yourself with just one wrong step.”
 
“You guys, can anyone tell me what's happening? I'm so confused.” Miyu looks at Kanata for some answers.
 
“Shouldn't you be home Miyu? What's wrong?” Nanami asked looking at Miyu worriedly.
 
“I don't know… I just found myself here. In this exact spot.”
 
Santa's eyes flickered upon hearing those words. “This case is open for investigation.” He told himself as he watched a perplexed Miyu from a distance.