Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Making True A Promise ❯ In the Hot Spring ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Daa! Daa! Daa! No matter how much I would want to. Wishes are not granted. They are worked hard for.
 
 
Chapter 5 - In the Hot Springs
 
 
 
Miss Mizuno sighed as she drowned her shoulders in the hot spring, feeling the heat rise all over her body. “Well, nothing beats a bath in a hot spring this is so relaxing! We should all do this often!”
 
“You're right Miss Mizuno.” Aya replied. “It was kind enough for my dad to give us free bath tickets to this resort. I'm sure there would be a next time.”
 
“This is invigorating. I think I'll be up for a track meet by tomorrow!” Nanami exclaimed as she placed a wet towel over her head.
 
“This is certainly different from the chocolate bath Mr. Deerfield prepares for me during the weekends. This is certainly nice.” Christine said as she slipped to the water herself.
 
“What! A chocolate bath! Christine you should have eaten the chocolate instead!” Miss Mizuno said in disbelief.
 
“What's wrong with a chocolate bath?” Christine asked.
 
“Well for someone as rich as Christine a Swiss Chocolate bath is nothing.” Nanami concluded.
 
The steam rose.
 
“Miyu! What took you so long? The water is just perfect!” Aya invited.
 
“I'm sorry. It took me awhile to brush up my hair.” Miyu whispered as she dipped herself in the water.
 
“I can understand that. Did you guys know I used to have really flowing hair before high school?” Nanami shared.
 
“No way! It can't be!” Aya replied in skepticism.
 
“You'd better believe it, Aya!” Nanami said as she patted her short locks.
 
Silence, not a splash of water was heard.
 
“Miyu…” Aya started. “Well… I hope you don't think I'm entering your privacy but we've been meaning to ask you something, if that is alright.” Aya said shyly and politely.
 
Miyu turned to face the other girls and smiled weakly. “What is it?”
 
“Well.. I don't know how I should say it.” Aya admitted.
 
“The truth is we are really very worried about you, Miyu.” Miss Mizuno interjected.
 
Nanami exhaled. “You've been acting really strange lately and…”
 
“it really has been bothering us…” Christine finished. “It's like you're not yourself.”
 
“We do not know if we could help you in any way but at least tell us if there is something going on.” Aya said sadly.
 
“We can wait until you're ready to tell us but don't just keep it in yourself. You know you have us. You will always.” Nanami added.
 
Miss Mizuno stood up, grabbed her towel and laced in around her body.
 
“Miss Mizuno? Where are you going?” Christine asked as she watched her move away.
 
“You girls can settle this on your own. You would not be needing my help at this.” Miss Mizuno winked. “Besides I have reams of papers to check. Have fun now all of you.”
 
Upon Miss Mizuno's departure, none of them were able to speak or even glance at each other. They just stayed in the water, feeling its mild waves upon their smooth skin.
 
“Aya, Nanami, Christine…” Miyu started after a half an hour of silence.
 
Upon the mention of their names, their heads slowly poked to face Miyu.
 
“You all seem to be good friends with Miyu and I think each of you deserve to know the truth.”
 
“What? I don't understand Miyu…” Christine stuttered for words.
 
“The truth is…--”
 
“Miyu! Miyu! What happened?” Nanami said as she caught Miyu before she hit her head in one of the stone rocks surrounding the spring.
 
“Oh no! She fainted!” Aya shrieked as she hurried over to Miyu.
 
“Oh no Miyu.. What happened to her?!” Christine said near to tears.
 
“Christine.. Go ask for help while we try to carry her off the spring.”
 
Christine grabbed the nearest robe she could find and went straight out to look for someone who could help.
 
 
 
 
“Well those girls are really taking their time in the hot spring. I hope none of them ends up with fever.” Santa said to Kanata as upon gulping the remains of his iced tea.
 
“They enjoy those kind of stuff and staying long isn't really a problem for them, I suppose.” Kanata replied as he watched Christine ran to them. “What happened?”
 
Christine panted. “It's Miyu.. She fainted in the hot spring.” She finished, panting still.
 
“What?!” Kanata and Santa said in unison as they prepared for a sprint.
 
“There's nothing to worry. My daughter has taken her to your room.” The resort owner said calmly as they met in the hallway. “I bet her body is just not used to the overwhelming temperature from the hot spring. It's nothing serious so try to relax. I'll be bringing your dinner boxes in your room in 15 minutes.”
 
“Thank you very much, Sir.” Christine said as she, Kanata and Santa left for the room.
 
 
 
Kanata and the others burst open the sliding door upon their entrance.
 
“How is she?” Christine said as she knelt beside Miyu's futon and gently brush some of Miyu's hair from her face.
 
“Satomi, the resort owner's daughter, said she was just not used to the overwhelming heat but she'll be ok. She just fainted.” Nanami explained.
 
Miyu slowly opened her eyes and sat up.
 
“Oh! Miyu, we were so worried. What are you feeling?” Aya took Miyu in for an embrace.
 
“ Here. This is iced tea. It should make you feel better.” Nanami said as she handed a glass.
 
“Everyone… I'm sorry I made you all worried about me.” Miyu apologized as she bowed her head.
 
“What are you doing? It's ok as long as you are!” Nanami said as she crouched beside her.
 
Silence.
 
“In the spring… I was trying to tell you something. Aya. Nanami. Christine.“ She paused deliberately to look at Kanata. “I'm sorry Kanata but like you, they all deserve to know. And Santa too…”
 
Kanata nodded his head.
 
“What's going on? Oh dear...? I'm having these evil thoughts again.” Christine said as her aura started to manipulate her hair. “But it's not quite the same.”
 
“Listen everyone.” Miyu demanded. “Miyu… I am not Miyu.”
 
Everyone except for Kanata blinked in confusion.
 
“I am Tsukishino Mamoru… Tsukishino Mamoru is my name or should I say.. I am the ghost of Tsukishino Mamoru.” She finished. “I have borrowed your friend's body for awhile to find someone dear to me. I never intended to stay this long within her but for some reason I am trapped here.” She paused. “ All I wanted was a day to see the world through Miyu's eyes, to witness at least if the person I have waited for all my life has been reborn with you, the living. But I was not able to depart from Miyu's body and it has been hard for me to cover up my act. I'm so sorry… You must know, Miyu trusts you and she knows that you will be there for her when she needs you. ”
 
Everyone's jaw in exception of Kanata's was laid flat on the floor.
 
“You… You mean to say… you're a … a ghost?” Santa gulped.
 
“Yes. I am.” Tsukishino replied. “I am.”
 
“That's…” Santa stuttered. “ THAT'S SO COOL!!!”
 
“Huh?” Tsukishino blinked in confusion.
 
“Well I've never really talked to a ghost before!” Santa said as he shook Miyu's hand. “It's a pleasure to meet you!”
 
“So what about your hypothesis concerning aliens, Santa?” Kanata asked.
 
“This too is a supernatural phenomenon! So great, it should be written in history!” Santa exclaimed.
 
“Oh I see.. So you took over Miyu's consciousness? Is that it?” Aya asked scientifically.
 
“Yes. You could put it that way, Aya-san.”
 
“Aya-san? No… no… no… Aya is fine!”
 
Tsukishino blushed.
 
“It feels weird. I've always been scared of ghosts but I am not particularly afraid of you.” Christine said. “It just that I get this lonely feeling when I'm near you.”
 
“You're looking for someone, aren't you?” Nanami asked.
 
“Yes.” Tsukishino replied. “I am looking for Takeshi, the person whom I have promised my love to and he me.”
 
“Two centuries?!” The girls all gasped.
 
“Yes. I was 16 back then when we pledged our love for each other and we intended to marry after some time but… the distraught war plagued in our nation and he despite of my pleading joined the forces to fight against our perpetrators. With his promise to come back, I've waited for him at the same place where we have promised our love… which at the moment is the cherry blossom tree standing beside the wall of your school.”
 
“You mean to say that tree have stood there for centuries now! Cool!” Santa took note as Tsukishino continued.
 
“It has been so long since then and slowly I have lost the hope of his return so I searched for him but I never really left the tree that long, still expecting him to come back.”
 
“So… you overtook Miyu's consciousness to know whether this Takeshi guy was ever reborn here in the world of the living.” Santa clarified.
 
“Only through the eyes of a mortal will a forgotten one as myself see if my he really has been reborn into this world.” Tsukishino answered.
 
“So when exactly did you start being like this?” Santa asked.
 
“That's so rude of you, Santa.” Aya remarked.
 
“It started the day I found Miyu by the temple gate, lying on the ground.” Kanata answered.
 
“So you knew about this! How could you keep it from me, Kanata!” Santa attest.
 
“It was up to Tsukishino whether she would tell you or not.” Kanata replied.
 
“So why couldn't you get out then?” Christine asked out of nowhere. “If you couldn't get out, would it be possible that you would stay in Miyu's body forever?”
 
“I do not know.”
 
“Tsukishino, if you don't mind would you mind telling us what exactly happened when you overtook Miyu's body?” Santa asked as if he was unattached in the situation. “I may have a lead in this story. I know some things normal 8th graders don't, so please trust me with this information.”
 
Everyone watched as Tsukishino nervously placed her glass of iced tea aside to clasp her hands together. “I went at the temple days ago because I was constantly haunted by my lack of faith in Takeshi's return. It was then before the sunset that I have found Miyu standing by the temple entrance. I went around her in my form as a butterfly. It was hard not to, she looked so angelic and so I continued to circle around her. She didn't move but her eyes followed my movement and, I, tired of flight perched on her left shoulder. Upon that contact, I found myself in a dark cold place and saw Miyu lying down on the shadows. I went over to her and suddenly an idea had come to me and I asked her if I could borrow her body for a while and sent her off to drift into a deep sleep. But I never thought I could not separate from her at anytime. At times, Miyu's consciousness dominates me but it happens only as soon as it comes and I have tried several times to have her control her body again. It might not be easy to believe nor explain but it's true. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry. I hope you forgive me.”
 
She wept.
 
“Temple gate. Sunset.” Santa said as he pondered. “It does sound familiar. I believe I've seen this before. Is it Tofu Man? Or Cactus Man? Or…”
 
Santa's eyes widened. “I've got it! Temple gate. Sunset. A girl possessed by a ghost. It's in one of the episodes of the show Necromancy!”
 
Everyone turned to Santa to listen.
 
“You see in that episode a ghost was able to possess this certain girl as the ghost prayed at the temple gate at sunset for the fulfillment of her wish. At the same time this girl appeared at the temple gate and prayed for the fulfillment of the wish she had also made and in that moment upon the simplest contact, which in the episode was when some of the ghost's strand of hair brush the girl's fingertips, they emerge as one and the ghost was unable to free herself until the more powerful wish comes true, which was the ghosts wish.” Santa finished.
 
“So that means… Tsukishino would be in Miyu until Tsukishino's wish comes true? “ Aya asked.
 
“Afraid so.. unless Miyu has a more powerful wish but seeing that Tsukishino has dominated Miyu's body for most of the time, it must mean she has the more powerful wish.” Santa replied.
 
“Well then! We should start looking for Takeshi then!” Christine said. “Not only for Miyu to come back to us but also for Tsukishino's happiness!”
 
“That's right! Everyone deserves to be happy!” Nanami said.
 
“Yes I agree!” Aya nodded.
 
“Everyone - -Thank you…” Tsukishino said close to tears.
 
“Say but how do we start looking?” Santa asked.
 
And from a distance Kanata watched, his face decided upon the plan he has created in his head. “Saionji blood flows through me… I would be able to make it.” He balled his fists. “I can.”