Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ UnanticipateD ❯ Honesty and Despise ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

+ Morning time +
 
“Ohayou Gozimasu!” said Miyu as she entered the dining area. Wannya, Kanata, Lou and Yue were already seated when she arrived.
 
“Ohayou!” they all said together.
 
“Mama!” said Lou.
 
“Well Miyu,” said Wannya as she handed Miyu a bowl. “Eat up!”
 
“Itadaikimasu!”
 
 
--=8.8=--
 
 
“We're leaving!” said Kanata and Miyu as they wore their shoes and headed for the door.
 
“O daiji ni!” said Wannya.
 
Miyu and Kanata headed for the stone steps. They left early today, therefore they could walk slowly. Miyu glanced at Kanata then looked down. Kanata looked at Miyu and opened his mouth to speak.
 
“Miyu-san… Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said last night.”
 
“Oh. It's okay. I'm sorry too. I guess we were too harsh, ne? I guess you're right. I'm not in the right position to assume anything. But you know what…”
 
“Nani?”
 
“There's just something about Yue… Something I- Something I like.”
 
Right then Miyu blushed. Kanata looked her way and sped up a bit, leaving Miyu a few feet behind.
 
 
--=8.8=--
 
 
“We're home!” chorused Miyu and Kanata as they entered the temple. They haven't spoken to each other the whole day since the conversation they had on the way to school.
 
“Mama! Papa!” Lou said as he flew towards Miyu.
 
Miyu hugged him and Kanata pinched his nose slightly. Yue came in from the kitchen and smiled at them. Kanata saw Miyu blushing and he frowned a bit.
 
“Dinner's ready!” said Wannya.
 
“Okay!” they said. The four headed for the dining area and sat down. They said their blessing and ate. Kanata kept throwing a sort of hostile glance at Miyu and Yue throughout the whole dinner.
 
“Gochiso sama deshita, Wannya!” said Yue beaming at Wannya.
 
“Hai! Oishi! Gochiso sama deshita!” said Miyu.
 
“Aww…” said Wannya. “It's nothing! You all know I love cooking for you guys!”
 
“Hmm… Kanata? Is something bothering you?” said Yue looking at Kanata with much concern.
 
“Nothing's bothering me,” he said as he firmly stood up. “Excuse me. I'll be in the hall.”
 
Kanata walked out and everyone stared at him. They we're all puzzled and startled with the sudden reaction of Kanata.
 
“He's been like that the whole day…” said Miyu quietly. “Distant… Silent…”
 
“I wonder what his problem is…” said Wannya.
 
“Papa…” said Lou looking very worried.
 
“I think I better go talk to him…” said Miyu as she stood up.
 
“Yes…”
 
Miyu headed for the hall. It was where she goes stargazing with Kanata.
 
“Could I sit down?” asked Miyu
 
“Go ahead…” said Kanata
 
“Kanata-kun…” said Miyu as she sat a foot away from Kanata. Kanata was enthralled by the stars that he didn't even bother to look at Miyu.
 
“Kanata-kun… What's up with you?”
 
“What do you mean?” said Kanata finally looking at Miyu.
 
“Well… You've been acting really strange today” said Miyu looking down.
 
“What? I didn't notice…”
 
“Well… You've been really quiet and distant…”
 
“Uh…”
 
“And we're all worried about you.”
 
“Thank you for your concern. But to tell you the truth, all I've been doing was thinking…”
 
“Thinking?”
 
“There's just so much going on right now… You know, having Lou and Wannya here.”
 
“Yeah… Sometimes it's just so stressful. Trying to hide them from everyone…”
 
“I know… Then Peppo arrived… Now Yue.”
“I know it's stressful Kanata, but it'll be just a while…”
 
“Yeah... I guess you're right. He seems like a nice guy…”
 
“Yup! I know he is… *Yawn*” said Miyu as she stretched her arms. “I feel sleepy… O yasumi nasai!”
 
“Alright. O yasumi nasai.”
 
Miyu stood up and headed for her room. Kanata heard the distant sound of the sliding door closing. Kanata was left there… Stargazing… Wondering…
 
 
+ Kanata's Thoughts +
 
I still don't know what I hate about him… I just don't know… I guess I shouldn't think about it… Hmm… It was nice of Miyu and guys to care about me. *Sigh* The stars look beautiful tonight… But I can't stop wondering… But I think I know what it is… Could it be? Because when he…