Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not ❯ Kanata Defends ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

WHY NOT
Chapter 9: Kanata Defends
Disclaimer: D!3 not mine
 
- - - - - -
Kanata stretched out is arms; another tiring week was behind him. It would be a relief to get to soccer practice tomorrow. Suddenly his cell phone rang.
“Moshi, moshi.” He pauses. “Oyachi... yes she did… she requested me to go…”
 
::The next day::
 
Miyu came to a screeching halt in front of practice. Not really late, just seeing how fast she could get there. Besides she needed to see how Kanata was feeling.
 
Not that she cared or anything.
 
She swept off her roller blades and ran over to the basketball side and was a tad surprised to see Nozomu setting up.
 
“Hey Hikarigaoka-sensei!” Miyu smiled. “Have you seen Saionji?”
 
Nozomu smiled, “No I haven't. He called and asked me to do practice today. Why do you ask?”
 
“You heard about Akira, ne?”
 
Nozomu just shrugged, “Tell you the truth I don't know much about those two except that they were very close as kids. I never really know her though that much.”
 
Miyu just realized that the next person other than Kanata who would tell her what happened between him and Akira wasn't the right person to ask at all. She still hasn't got the 411 about the break up thing. It's really hard to wait for other people to open up certain things with you without being told to stay out of other's business. She just thought that Kanata has already considered her as someone who could bear his trust… someone like a friend would do.
 
Miyu looked down, “Well I better get to practice, see ya around!”
 
::School::
 
“Just look at my new cell phone you guys! Isn't it neat? It has a video camera installed you know. Now I have the power to shoot photos and 30 second video footages right on the palm of my hand.” Aya said bragging her new phone to Nanami and Miyu. Nanami tries to take head shots of herself while Miyu is not paying attention.
 
“You're so lucky to save enough money for such a phone Aya-chan. Hey Miyu-chan you should try this feature. It's fun!” Nanami looks at her silent friend.
 
“…”
 
“Miyu-chan are you okay?” Nanami holds the phone in front of her and sets the video camera feature on Miyu.
 
”Saionji's disappeared again!?” Miyu nearly screeched. “How many sick days does this guy get?”
 
“A lot apparently.” Aya smiled, “Would you like to get his number and call him.” Aya points out her phone still being held by Nanami enjoying her half a minute coverage.
 
“How about, no,” Miyu rolled her eyes, “I am not some sort of stalker.”
 
“Fine, your choice.” Nanami shrugged, “we better get to class Miyu-chan”
 
Miyu nodded and followed her friends down the hall.
 
::lunch::
 
“Hey, I forgot my text book in my locker,” Miyu searched through her school bag, “I'm going to get it.”
 
“Alright Miyu-chan, we'll wait here.”
 
...
 
“Ah, here it is!” Miyu flipped the dial around and swung it open.
 
“Hey, little Miyu.” said a masculine voice… and a familiar one too.
 
Miyu turned around to meet two familiar faces, “Looks like we have met again.”
 
“Wh-What are you doing here, Seiya?” Miyu backed away almost fearfully.
 
“My family moved a while ago,” Seiya smirked,” And I just happened to be transferred to this school. And I met a good friend of yours, Natsumi.”
 
“She's no friend of mine.” Miyu spat at the sight of Natsumi's figure beside him. Natsumi just smirks at her with such glint on her eyes. It seems that she acquired a very interesting facts about the blonde that she dislikes with a passion.
 
“I don't understand how you could even make a single friend here considering,” Seiya let out a cold laugh, “Should I say it Natsumi?”
 
“This bitch needs to pay her dues...” Natsumi chortled.
 
“You were…”
 
“STOP IT!” Miyu's feet dug into the ground.
 
“Oh, I see,” Seiya crossed his shoulders, “You still haven't gotten over it, have you?”
 
Miyu's eyes open wide. An image of her past being taunted by everyone for falling in love with a guy who really didn't cared about her.
 
“Didn't I explained it to you back then? You were really never worth the attention. That's why you don't see your folks most of the time.”
 
“It's-It's not true...”
 
`We're going to pursue our childhood dreams so we will be busy to look after you'
 
“And it seems that your father will not be staying here as planned, right? What was that… Oh yeah just like the last time…” Seiya placed his hand on the locker besides Miyu's head to continue his verbal torture.
 
“STOP IT!” Miyu fell to her knees and began to cry,
 
Natsumi is having a field day witnessing this. She hasn't smiled like this since Kanata became one of her teachers.
 
“So both of your parents can live there at America and take care of your little baby brother leaving you all alone again.”
 
“I was wrong to share you that much of my life! I was wrong to trust you! I was wrong to even think that you actually cared!”
 
::Four days later::
 
Kanata sat in his classroom, before school, checking over his classes seeing if he needed to cover anything, etc. Plus he was enjoying the unusual quiet until...
 
::BANG::
 
“SAIONJI-SENSEI!!” Aya screeched. “MI-MI—“, she was obviously out of breath.
 
“Miso soup?” Saionji raised an eyebrow.
 
“IIE BAKA! MI—“
 
“MIKAN IS HERE!? No wait I haven't done nothing wrong —“
 
“BAKAYARO!” Aya smacked the side of his head with her book bag.
 
“HEY!!!”
 
“Miyu has been missing from school form four and a half days. Well actually I called Kouzuki-san and he says that she refuses to come out of her room!”
 
Kanata's eyes narrowed. “Why?”
 
“Well, there's been a rumor going around...”
 
::The next day::
 
“Miyu-chan? Honey? Come on out...” Yuu said quietly.
 
“Iie...”
 
“Nanami's here,” Yuu sighed, “She says she has some new gossip about that Saionji-sensei of yours. And that's he's back at school.”
 
Miyu cracked open the door, “Why would I care?”
 
“Because that's the first time in five days you opened the door.” Yuu smiled.
 
Miyu growled a little bit, “Fine, let her in.”
 
“Konichiwa, Miyu-chan.” Nanami smiled as she walked in, “Feeling good?”
 
“I guess... ” Miyu looked down.
 
“Your father's persuasion is true though. I do have something to tell you about sensei.” Nanami sat besides Miyu's on her bed.
 
“Well you heard Saionji-sensei was back,” Nanami said brightly, “He was just at this Akira girl's marriage meeting.”
 
Miyu nodded.
 
“Well, as soon as he heard about what that guy you knew from junior high school said to you...” Nanami paused, “Well, they had a little `talk' after school.”
 
“What do you mean by...'talk'?” Miyu raised her eyebrows skeptically.
 
“Let's just say Kanata is in trouble for attacking a student and right now. That Seiya guy looks totally innocent because Natsumi was there to witness it all...she says that Seiya wasn't fighting back at all.”
 
“That's cause Seiya's a WIMP!” Miyu screeched, “Yah for Saionji! He beat up Seiya!” Miyu cheered.
 
“But by trouble I mean,” Nanami frowned, “He may get fired trouble.”
 
...
 
Miyu ran as fast as she could to the superintendent's office. It was almost across town but she could make it.
 
`Their holding a meeting right now at the Superintendent's office after the issue was passed from the head master. Aya is with him now' Nanami said slowly, `Seiya says he won't press charges, but he wants Saionji-sensei fired.'
 
`Whe—`Miyu began, `WHERE IS IT!?'
 
This is so unexpected. If Seiya is incorporated with Natsumi why would he want the teacher fired? That would be the last thing that Natsumi would hope for. Why is he putting up with her shit anyway?
 
She saw the building looming up in an unearthly gray mist. She threw open the door and launched her self at the front desk.
 
”Where's the superintendent's office?” She said harshly causing the secretary to jump.
 
“Um, well Miss he's wrapping up a meeting right now. If you could just wait five minutes...” The secretary smiled.
 
“That's the meeting I need to go to! Now just tell me where it is.”
 
“I am sorry but you are not allowed to interrupt a meeting in progress!”
 
“You're no help!” Miyu screamed, “I'll find it myself!”
 
Miyu ran down the hallways looking at the golden face plates until she came to the one she wanted and practically busted down the door.
 
“MIYU-CHAN!” Aya cried out loud. She was there for moral support and tries to straighten the mess that their teacher got himself into. However the feeling is not the same with Seiya and his witness Natsumi who just scowled at her unexpected presence.
 
“MATTE!” Miyu screamed, by now bending over and breathing harshly.
 
“Kouzu—“ Kanata looked up surprised.
 
“Look miss, I am in some important business right now.”
 
“Hai, hai. I know Your Majesty!” Miyu bowed. “Demo, I found something that may have been over looked!”
 
Seiya clenched his teeth.
 
Natsumi raised an eyebrow.
 
Kanata looked confused.
 
Aya approached with her new cellphone at hand.
 
The superintendent looked intrigued.
 
Miyu held up the cellphone that Aya handed to her.
 
“Konishi Aya-san had set up her cellphone in video camera mode to shoot for a photo collage she was planning on with her new phone. She was going to set it up for a week at the park to see all the changes that took place. And combine them.” Aya said to the man.
 
“And what does this got to do with anything, miss?” the superintendent inquired.
 
“Well Your Excellency it also happened to capture Saionji-sensei and Yaboshi Seiya-san's fight. Just press this button here so you can play the footage.” Miyu handed the cellphone to the superintendent raised his brows up high.
 
“Let me see.” He took the phone and pressed the button
 
“You couldn't hear much of anything from where I was standing but it was seen clearly that Seiya threw the first punch.” Aya explained to the man holding her cellphone watching the scene of the crime.
 
“Yes, yes...” The superintendent mused, “This changes the outcome of my decision. But even if Saionji-sensei was defending himself, he should have just walked away.”
 
Kanata put on the irk face.
 
“In his defense Your Highness!” Miyu pleaded, “He is only 21, still has plenty of hormones running through his body, unlike normal 30 year old teachers.”
 
“I-I RESENT THAT!” Kanata yelled, “I don't think that's helping.”
 
“Plus,” Miyu put on a teary face, “He just lost his fiancé to another guy whom he was best friends with his entire life. He needed some good emotional output! But now he has... Crossed that bridge over troubled water... And is hopefully feeling groovy... No longer homeward bound--
 
“STOP IT!” Kanata interjected again with a high pitched voice while covering his mouth with his right hand.
 
Everyone in the room had a sweat drop rolling down their head.
 
“Well, you seem to like Saionji-sensei very much Miss...”
 
“Kouzuki!” Miyu smiled, “And that is because his family is friends with out family, and I knew him before he was a teacher!” Miyu had a large sweat drop rolling down her head, a lie obviously. Aya, Kanata and even Seiya just looked at her at that remark but none of them was able to say something because of all of the confusion while Natsumi is still having trouble analyzing the Superintendent's remark about Miyu liking Kanata into her mind.
 
“And he was protecting me from...this....BILE!” Miyu dramatically pointed to Seiya. “He was spreading evil rumors around the school about me! And I was so beside myself I had to stay home, Your Honor! Not to mention the childish nicknames he gave me… what was that other one?”
 
“Flatsy Patsy.” Kanata answered
 
“Right. Thank you.”
 
“Bigfoot.” He continued
 
“Ok.”
 
“Mop Top. Uh, Scarlet Pimple.”
 
“STOP IT!” Miyu blocked it with her own high pitched voice covering her mouth with her hand as well.
 
The superintendent turned his head to Seiya.
 
“Oh god, you're one of those jerks!?” Suddenly flames burst out from no where, “YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED SEVERLY!!!!”
 
Miyu, Kanata, Aya and Seiya went chibi.
 
“I'm guessing he was made fun of too as a kid.” Miyu murmured.
 
“Yeah...” Aya just nods.
 
:Later:
 
Aya needs to stay behind because the Superintendent talked about her for details and wanted her to make a copy of that certain footage for material evidence. Since she cant hand him her new phone either, she decided to make a copy for her friends' sakes. Seiya got his punishment for his initial provocation and assaulting a teacher while Natsumi got her own share of things for lying in front of the superintendent. However as far as she is concerned, she might have lost another fight but not yet the war.
 
Let's put that aside and see what are the other two doing…
 
Miyu sat in Kanata's car silently. Almost too quiet. He hits the break as soon as the vehicles in front stopped for the red light.
 
“Erm...” Kanata really didn't know what to say...”I guess, thanks for saving my butt back there.”
 
Miyu let her head fall.
 
“Oh crap, don't cry! I'm on the wheel!” Kanata yelled nervously.
 
“I'm—“
 
Miyu suddenly looked up cheerfully, “I'm just so happy that you stuck up for me!”
 
”Eh?” Kanata backed away from Miyu.
 
“You really do have the hots for me, you big perverted pedophile!!” Miyu tackled him.
 
“Hey!! I'm driving you IDIOT!” He screeched.
 
The light is already green and the vehicles in front of them started making tracks. However the ones at the back made a lot of noise blowing their horns unknowing of the passionate make out session that is transpiring inside the car. What a great way to show appreciation, ne? d (~_^) b
 
...
 
Eventually Kanata had to move the car and raced on the pavement after getting all fired up moments ago while Miyu just held on to her seatbelt for dear life. After getting stopped by the police, making a few wrong turns, and much more arguing, Kanata ended up in front of Miyu's house. Miyu unshackled her seat belts off and gave him a quick peck on his cheek.
 
She is just happy that's all… too happy that her sanity is being blocked from the rays of proper reason that is!
 
“Okay, time to exit the car...” Kanata huffed.
 
“Why don't you come in?” Miyu smiled, “I'm sure dad has something good to eat.”
 
“I'm good, honestly.”
 
“Well put the car in park, cause I am about to drag you out.”
 
“Eh?” Suddenly true to her word Miyu pulled Kanata out of the car and bent over his fallen body to turn off his car and put on the emergency brake.
 
“There see?” Miyu smiled then drug him inside the house.
 
“You got him to come in?” Nanami squealed.
 
“It was hard, but I did it.” Miyu boasted.
 
“Once again, WHY AM I HERE!?”
 
“Hello Saionji-kun.” Yuu smiled, “I am very sorry to hear about your former fiancé.”
 
Kanata got up and brushed himself odd, “It's okay, and it wasn't your fault anyway.”
 
“So my daughter said you could cook.” Yuu handed Kanata an apron, “Care to help me in the kitchen?”
 
“Er, I guess...”
 
“Great, I'm making udon tonight!” Yuu dragged him into the kitchen.
 
Miyu and Nanami just laughed at that scene.
 
“Wait where is Aya?” Nanami stopped and asked Miyu
 
:Dinner::
 
Yuu had to leave early for work reasons. So Nanami, Miyu, Kanata and finally made it, Aya, were left to chat. Nanami insisted that no detail will be spared about what happened earlier. After all of that jazz…
 
“So you guys excited for the basketball tournament?” Nanami said in her usual proper tone.
 
“Hai!” Miyu's answer.
 
“No.” Kanata's answer.
 
Miyu looked over to Kanata and blinked, “Why not?”
 
“My. Team. Is. So. LAZY!!!!” He cried out slamming his head on the table.
 
“Ano, they have been looking better the past few weeks.” Miyu tried to comfort her frustrated teacher.
 
“They all complain I work them too hard, but they don't understand...” Kanata's eyes glowed as he looked up.
 
“You do work them very hard, Saionji-sensei.” Aya said in a calming voice.
 
“But you know how Hikarigaoka-kun co-captains my team?”
 
The three girls nodded.
 
“He is an off-campus coach for the other team since the last coach quit.”
 
“And you, well we are facing his team first.”
Kanata only groaned in reply.
 
“So?”
 
“You three don't understand. He thinks everything between us is competition. He makes a big deal out of most things that most things can get out of hand just so he can out do me.”
 
The three girls just looked at each other and they all patted their teacher's back. They haven't seen him and Nozomu compete with each other but they have a feeling it would be interesting.
 
- - - - -
 
Saturday after cheerleading practice, the coach advised the squad to have their breaks and come back for final instructions on the coming basketball game. The team is inside the gymnasium still practicing with Kanata while they were outside on the field.
 
Natsumi and her gang of cheerleaders, who are also members of the fan club were discussing cheerleading matters. She hasn't spoke to anyone about her trip at the Superintendent's office. She couldn't afford the unwanted attention if that brakes out making her lose her concentration for the big game. She is almost thankful that the blonde and her posse kept their mouths shut. Though all that is out on the silver platter, the recipe for pay back is still cooking.
 
“Excuse me…” a voice sound from Natsumi's back. They all stopped talking and reverted their gaze upon the direction of that feminine voice. It came from a beautiful woman who was standing on the other side of the metal fence.
 
“Yes miss, what is it?” Natsumi smiled at the woman while the others just smiled and bowed.
 
“I'm sorry for the inconvenience but I'm looking for a girl and I was told to come here and ask around.” The woman said politely. “Kouzuki Miyu.”
 
The girls just sprung their eyes wide open and looked at Natsumi and see her smile turning upside down. No sense of being rude to someone who nicely asked for assistance and being granted of help. The only help that involves Kouzuki that she wanted to hear is the help of her destruction.
 
“Oh is that so? I think she went over to the drinking fountain right over there near the gymnasium. You can't miss it. Check if she's there.” Natsumi gladly points out the direction.
 
“Thank you very much.” With that the woman started to walk to that direction where Miyu is at… the drinking fountain near the gymnasium where Kanata is at.
 
`Who was that? And what does she want with that girl?'
 
===
“Uggghhh!!! That routine will be the end of me. Akane aren't you done drinking yet? Leave some for the fishes! Come On!” Miyu hollered.
 
“Just wait up Miyu. I'm just as thirsty as you are.” Akane shot her head up to Miyu and her complaining as she waits for her plastic glass to be filled for the 6th time.
 
Miyu just taps her foot on the ground impatiently. “I thought you said you said you're boyfriend borrowed your water container earlier again. He still haven't returned it to you?” she finally got her turn to sip on the fountain as Akane stood aside and drinks her water from her glass as Akane stood aside and drinks the water from her glass.
 
“Whooo!” She panted in thirst quenching relief. “No he still hasn't. That guy always does this to me everytime we get a joint practice. I mean even if he did returns the blasted thing I doubt that Santa would leave me a few drops to gulp on.” Akane shrugged.
 
“Saionji-sensei seems overworking the team lately.” Miyu still takes her time on the fountain.
 
“Yeah. Santa has been complaining a lot about it too. But I have fate in my man to do his best for the game. I wish I could say the same with him changing his bad habit though.” She giggled.
 
“I'm just about done here Akane, just a few more sips and we're rea—“
 
“Pardon me but…” Miyu got interrupted as a woman was standing a few feet away from them. “Does anyone of you girls go by the name Kouzuki Miyu?” the female politely bowed.
 
Miyu stood upright and wiped her mouth with her good towel. “you go ahead Akane. If coach looks for me just say I have a visitor.” Miyu smiled at her co-cheerleader.
 
“Just don't take too long alright. I think coach has something to say.” Akane walked closer to the woman, smiled and bowed and the woman did the same in return before Akane finally dashes off.
 
Miyu fixed herself up, smiled and bowed to her visitor. “Konnichiwa. Im Kouzuki Miyu.”
 
The other female just takes a few steps closer to her with her hands in front of her. “I've been wanting to see you, Kouzuki-san.”
 
“My name is Akira.”