Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!
Please forgive me for taking so long! A lot of things kept coming up…but they're through, now!
This is the sequel to my earlier fanfiction,
Shadow-Bound!

Well…(*Gulp*)…here we go.

Enjoy!!
 

There are a few words I wanna say before I begin, though.

-This story, like my previous one, is on the edges of G to PG, though mostly PG.
-This story, like my previous one, takes place during Season 2.
-This story, like my previous one, has Danny/Alissa moments. In fact, there's much more D/A moments than my last story! But will they end up getting together? Hmm...
-Another thing I should mention are hints to Tucker/Summer, too.
-Again, my story has numbered moments and will have footnotes on them at the bottom of the chapter. And if I miss a footnote, please tell me!
-If anybody's character is wrong, please forgive me!
-Also, I know this seems far too similar to the first part of
Reign Storm, but...please, just read on, okay? Trust me, besides the Ghost King, this'll be NOTHING like Reign Storm.
 
 
Danny Phantom
Return of The Reign
 
SUMMERY: Nightshade has reawakened Pariah Dark! The Ghost King is now after Vlad Masters, knowing he still has his Crown of Fire. But Lisa Phantasm rescues him, not knowing of his evil ghost half. Now keeping him safe at her house in Amity Park, which she had returned to for Summer Vacation, Danny hopes to tell her of Vlad's true malevolent nature, and at the same time, Amity Park is once more being overrun by the power of Pariah, looking for Vlad. Can Danny stop him once more, now that the Ecto-Skeleton is no longer obtainable?
Not to mention, Alissa using Nightshade's choker seems to be becoming dangerous…what is the consequence?
 
 
 
~~PROLOGUE~~
 
DFENTON: So, are you doing anything special for Summer Break?
 
PHANTASMIC: Dunno yet. You?
 
DFENTON: (Shrugs) Well, school's out over here, and we're gonna have a Summer Dance sometime this week…I think Friday…so we're gonna go back and decorate the place for the dance. Ugh, I'm not much of a dancer…
 
PHANTASMIC: (Giggles) …I miss ya, Babe.
 
DFENTON: Me too. Besides the ghosts, it's too quiet here without you!
 
PHANTASMIC: Aww, Babe, I…wait… is that a compliment or an insult?
 
DFENTON: Uh…
 
PHANTASMIC: Never mind. (Rolls eyes) Listen, I'm helping my parents with something, so…I gotta go now. Bye, Babe!
 
DFENTON: Bye, Ali! (Waves)
 
 
DFENTON has signed off.
 
PHANTASMIC has signed off.
 
 
Alissa squealed in her seat and spun around in it. [1] “I can't wait to see him again!” She squeaked. Little did Danny know that the Bakers were, in fact, planning to come back to Amity Park for Summer Vacation! (Even though she'd be there before the week ended; today was Wednesday.) She giggled cutely as she got off her computer and finished packing her bags. “Babe, I can't wait to see you!” She cried out again. [2]
 
The redhead's cheeks gained color as she returned to her suitcases on her bed, a thought coming to her. “Maybe…maybe I could ask him to the dance…I mean, everyone knows Sam won't!”
 
Alissa worked a little slower as she thought of Danny. She still held her deep, undeniable feelings for him, but knew her love was destined to go unreturned. Maybe he would once more reject her if she asked to go to the dance with him, not wanting her to get any ideas. But…she still loved him so much…
 
As she clipped her bags shut, Alissa turned, seeing her jewelry box. She walked to it slowly, opening the lid.
 
Within it lay little rings and makeup things, but what the girl's eyes were mostly on was the black choker.
 
Alissa placed her hand on it. Should I…should I bring this? She thought. Danny could need her help; it was Amity Park, after all. She licked her dry lips as she grasped it. “Why not?” She said out loud. She pulled it out and put it in her pocket. She also packed her Fenton Thermos. “Mom! Dad!” She called, running down the stairs. “Are you bringing your ghost stuff?!”
 
~
 
Meanwhile, back in Wisconsin, Vlad Masters was in his private study. He opened the secret entrance to his lab and walked in. He looked around, but stopped when he saw that someone else was there.
 
The mysterious someone was taking something from his desk…he was taking the Skeleton Key! And the Plasmius Maximus!
 
“Stop! Who are you?!” Vlad yelled.
 
The stranger turned and smiled evilly, showing his fangs, and his red eyes glowed. “I suggest you run while you still can.” That was all he said before he flew through Vlad's Ghost Portal.
 
Vlad furrowed his brow. What on Earth did he mean by that? But he snapped out of it, growled, and transformed into his ghost half, Vlad Plasmius, and flew after the thief.
 
The wicked half-ghost immediately found the stranger's retreating form. “Don't you dare run away from me!”
 
The ghost stopped and turned back to Vlad. He shook his head. “You're almost as much as an idiot as another half-ghost I know…”

That stopped Vlad dead in his tracks. “…W--what?”
 
At that moment, the ghost jabbed Vlad with his own Plasmius Maximus. He screamed as his ghost form disappeared and he was once more in his normal form. The ghost then blasted at him, making him abate in strength more. He then picked him up; carrying his weakened form in his arms, and continued flying.
 
This is going to be, oh, so fun…The ghost thought with a fang-showing smile.
 
~
David was driving the car, Kelly sitting in the shotgun seat, and Alissa was in the back, fumbling with the Fenton Thermos.
 
“Sweetie, please put that away. If it goes off and you get sucked inside, I'll be forced to laugh at you.” David said, eyeing his daughter through the mirror above him.
 
Alissa scowled at him and put the flask away with a “Humph.” She crossed her arms and looked out the window, seeing many signs that said how close they were getting to Amity Park.
 
Alissa's arms uncrossed and one of them reached into her pocket, tightly grasping something.
 
“Mom…Dad…?”
 
“Hmm?”

“Yes, dear?”
 
“…How would you feel…if I had to become Lisa Phantasm again for a while?”

The car screeched to a halt and Alissa, though wearing a seat belt, lurched forward. The parents immediately whipped their heads around. “What brought that up?” David asked, clearly anxious and fretful.
 
“Nothing! Nothing!” Alissa claimed, swinging her palms left and right. “I just…c'mon, you guys! It's Amity Park! Danny could need me!”
 
Kelly and David looked at each other, not knowing how to answer without either hurting her or angering her.
 
Alissa sighed heavily and threw herself back against the seat. “That means `no,' doesn't it?”

“Alissa, sweetheart, we just don't want you to get hurt! O--or worse!” Kelly whined.
 
“Mom, relax! Danny wouldn't let anything bad happen to me. Neither would Tucker, Summer or Sam! Besides, I'm not a little girl anymore, you guys. I can take care of myself…” Alissa said, looking down. “I know you love me, and I appreciate that and the fact that you want to protect me, but let me live!” She cried.
 
The rest of the drive was silent.
 
~
The Bakers arrived at the house they were staying in. Alissa immediately ran out, carrying her bags; she wanted to get settled as quickly as possible so she could go see Danny.
 
Alissa unpacked her things and quickly asked her parents if she could run to Danny's house. Before they could say anything, she kissed them both and ran out the door.
 
It was about a 5-minute-walk. Alissa burst through the doors of FentonWorks. “Danny? Danny! It's me! Ali!” She called into the dark. Absolutely nobody was home. She looked at her watch and smacked her forehead; it was just 3:07 P.M.! The guys still had to be in school! And who knows where Jack and Maddie were…
 
The redhead shrugged and decided to walk around anyway. (She's a nosy little girl…)
 
Alissa walked down the steps to the basement, where the Ghost Portal dwelt. She stared at its closed doors and wondered how to open it. She saw the handprint identification device and sighed. But then she looked down and saw an empty bag of potato chips. She picked it up and read the label.
 
“`Lime and Vinegar?!' …They're not bad, actually…” Alissa said with a shrug. [3] She looked inside and saw salty fingerprints. She grinned wickedly. She tore the bag into strips, took a strip that had a fingerprint, and pressed it against the identification device. I'm so evil…She thought as she heard it ding positively.
 
Alissa turned as the green light from the portal enveloped her. She walked over to the portal and stared at the swirling green. She then stuck her head into the portal. She watched the frightening yet mystical appearance of the Ghost Zone and pulled her head out for a moment.
 
It's freaky in there! Then again, I've only been in there twice…when I was under Nightshade's rule…The girl shuddered and shook her head; the last thing she wanted to remember was him…she stuck her head back into the Ghost Zone.
 
Alissa then saw someone carrying another someone…but the carried someone was still alive!
 
The girl pulled her head back again and gasped, covering her mouth. At that moment, David and Kelly ran in.
 
“Alissa, what are you--?!”
“Mom! Dad! A man's being kidnapped! A still living man!!” Alissa cried out, clutching the sides of her face. “I have to help him!” Before the parents could argue, Alissa pulled out her necklace and quickly clipped it around her neck as she closed her eyes.
 
Alissa's eyes fluttered open again, but they were entirely bright blue. [4] Her body started to glow with a violet aura and the entire room flashed and shook with the high energy. With a soft sigh, Alissa's eyes shut and, as her body fell to the ground, her spirit flew out of her. It was a simple bright light shaped like her, but then a bright violet ring appeared around her and went up and down her body, giving the formless spirit the appearance of Lisa Phantasm.
 
“Alissa, please!” Kelly begged.
 
“I'll be right back!” Lisa reassured them, flying into the Ghost Zone.
 
“ALISSA!!!”Both parents cried out.
 
~
 
Lisa flew, following the ghost. He had his back to her, so she couldn't see who it was. All she saw was a close-to-unconscious old man. She gulped. I hope I can save him…on my own, I mean…I wish Danny was with me!
 
Lisa wanted to attack him, but was afraid she'd hurt the man somehow. All she could do was keep on following him…
 
The Drifter gasped as she looked up to where the ghost was headed. She'd seen this place before when Danny showed her his map of the Ghost Zone over the Internet. (Still in progress) What was it called? Pariah's Keep? What's a Pariah, anyway?
 
Lisa entered the keep, still following the ghost and the man, and hid behind a wall.
 
“Do you…do you know what you're getting into?!” Vlad croaked, still in pain.
 
When the ghost answered, Lisa shivered. “I know exactly what I'm getting into.”

That voice…it couldn't have been…!
 
…Nightshade?
 
The ghost zoomed up the steps to Pariah's room and threw Vlad to the floor. Vlad immediately collapsed; not unconscious, but very exhausted. Nightshade flew up to the Sarcophagus of Forever Sleep, where Pariah Dark resided.
 
Nightshade held up the Skeleton Key.
 
“What are you doing?!” Vlad cried. “Were you not here the last time he awoke?!”
 
“Oh, I was here, believe me. And that is exactly why I'm doing this.”
 
Lisa clasped her hands over her mouth; she didn't know what he was doing, but she had a sickly feeling it wasn't going to be good.
 
Nightshade slipped the key into the lock and turned.
 
Lisa was about to run out and stop him before she saw the coffin slowly open. She gaped open her mouth as she watched it reveal someone.
 
King Pariah once more opened his eyes. (…Uh…eye…) He stepped out of the tomb and, before he could do anything, he saw Nightshade fall to the ground, bowing before him. “Greetings, your magnificence. I apologize for awakening you from what I'm sure was a peaceful slumber, but--”
 
Nightshade didn't really get a chance to finish for at that moment, Pariah grabbed him in his large hand and brought him up to his face. “Who are you?” He roared.
 
Nightshade twisted and grunted in his grasp. “Your majesty, please relax! I mean you neither disrespect nor harm! I merely wish to formulate a…covenant.”
 
Pariah stared at him. “You mean…like a deal?” Before Nightshade could nod, Pariah started to laugh. It was an evil, scorning, mocking laugh. He then glared at him once more. “What leads you to believe that I would even consider taking sides with a commoner ghost like yourself?”
 
“Please just hear me out, my lord and liege. I can help you get revenge…on the Ghost Boy.”
 
Pariah widened his eye and released Nightshade. “…What are you implying?”
 
“I, too, have had troubles with that wretched child, as well as a dear friend of his that was supposed to be mine…if you will help me achieve my goal, I will more than happily help you achieve yours by any means necessary.”
 
Pariah crossed his arms. [5] “…Very well. BUT…you had better not let this make you feel fully unassailable. You try anything to cross me and the consequences will be dire.”
 
Nightshade bowed. (Still in the air.) “Also, my king, I see that you have the Ring of Rage, yet not the Crown of Fire…” Nightshade pointed to Vlad. “He has stolen it, just like he did your ring.”
 
Pariah stomped towards Vlad, the room shaking. Vlad smiled nervously, twiddling his fingers in a wave. “Oh…hello…long time, no see, eh?”
 
Pariah narrowed his eye at him. “Where?”

“…Where what?”
 
Pariah gritted his teeth and his hand glowed in red power. “Don't con me!” He was about to blast at him before Lisa flew out of her hiding place and grabbed Vlad, the blast hitting the ground. Pariah widened his eye at her.
 
Nightshade pointed to her. “YOU! That's her, your majesty! The one who was meant to be mine!”
 
Lisa turned her head, still flying away, to stick her tongue out at Nightshade. “You WISH!!” She then turned away, once more looking forward.
 
“Little wench!” Pariah roared, shooting at her. He missed, yet opened a hole in the roof.
 
Lisa turned to Pariah and brought two fingers up to her forehead, and then shot them towards him. “Thanks!” She winked before flying away.
 
Lisa flew and flew, carrying Vlad, trying to find the Ghost Portal. Vlad slowly opened his eyes and looked up to see Lisa staring forward with a determined face. He groaned and Lisa stopped flying with a gasp and turned her head toward him. “You're okay? Oh, good…” She breathed.
 
Vlad furrowed his brow at her. “Who are you…?” He struggled to say.
 
Lisa shifted her eyes away from him. “…No one special.” She then turned back to the man. “Listen, what happened? Why were those--?” Vlad groaned in exhausted pain, turning his head from her. “No! No! Don't go unconscious! I need to talk to you!”
 
“Need…go to…Amity…Park…”
“Eh?”
 
“…Daniel…”
 
The man had gone unconscious.
 
Lisa's breath stopped. `Daniel?' Could…could he have meant…?
 
 
~
 
 
[1] She's in one of those chairs that has wheels and a rotating seat...have you ever been in those?
[2] Yeah, she's gonna call him "Babe" every now and then, like me!
[3] Tee-hee...Micro-Management reference!
[4] Think in Pirate Radio, after everyone huddled together and Danny's eyes were entirely bright green as he flew everyone to safety; or The Ultimate Enemy, after Danny Phantom and Vlad Plasmius merged and Danny's eyes were entirely bright green and his face got all cracked and...*whimpers* can I stop mentioning that now?
[5] Hmm...can Pariah cross his arms with all that armor crud on them?
 
Oh, dear...this promises to be bad...
But am I doing good? Tell me I'm doing good!
I'll have the next chapter up as soon as I can!
Seeya!