Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ Lisa's Rage ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heh-heh...the moment you see the title, I'll bet'cha you're gonna go "Uh-oh..." XD Prepare yourself!
AAH! I gotta stop hurting Danny so much!
 
 
~~CHAPTER NINE~~
~~LISA'S RAGE~~
 
Lisa quickly flew back into her house, Dani following her. She kept trying to ask her why she ran away from Danny, but she refused to answer.
 
Lisa saw her body on the couch where her parents had left it for her. Immediately regaining control of it, she got up from the couch, took her choker off, placed it in her pocket, (Making sure it was the one without the rip) and stretched, groaning a little as everything snapped back into place. “…Maybe I should stop doing this…” As Alissa spoke, Dani changed back and collapsed onto the couch in exhaustion.
 
“Alissa, darling!” Kelly cried, coming into the Living Room from the Kitchen. She grabbed her daughter and oppressed her with hugs and kisses. David walked into the Living Room more calmly. He seemed much more accepting of Alissa's late-night “carousing” than his wife.
 
“Mom!” Alissa cried, prying her off. “I'm fine, really! I just…need to sit down…scoot over, munchkin.” She said to Danielle as she pushed her aside so she could sit down. “Not too sure if you saw, but Vlad's a ghost. I don't know if he's half-ghost like Danny or a full ghost in disguise, but I know he can't be trusted anymore.” She said to her parents. She then smiled. “But I'm guessing you had a bad feeling about him anyway, Dad; you nearly punched a hole in his head!” She was genuinely impressed.
 
Kelly looked a little upset about that revelation of Vlad, but she smiled at Alissa all the same. David then rubbed his knuckles with a smile. “Where are the other kids?” He then asked.
 
“They've gone to recoup…when the time is actually nighttime, there's gonna be another ghost attack. We've figured out that the ghosts attack in the dark…like the ghost who kidnapped me…” Alissa answered. Kelly gasped in horror and David widened his eyes.
 
Alissa looked at a nearby clock. “3:58 P.M.…not that late…Mom? Dad? Could you guys please go get me some Band-Aids or something? Danielle's kinda beat up.”
 
Danielle was still upon the couch, her arms bended behind her head and her legs crossed, but the moment she heard that her arms came out a little and her eyes went wide before zipping to Alissa. She still couldn't believe that she had only known her for barely a day and a half, and yet here she was, treating and tending to her like…she was a member of the family. She felt a strange sensation in the back of her throat, but she pushed it aside.
 
“Sure.” David said, taking Kelly's hand and pulling her into the Bathroom with him.
 
“But you know…” Danielle piped up from upon the couch, her arms bended behind her head and her legs crossed once more. “Speaking of Vlad, what was up with you two a little earlier? You looked like you really didn't wanna hurt him after learning that he was your `friend,' but I know he said something that made you pounce on him! You really could've killed him!”
 
Alissa widened her eyes and looked down. This was a smart kid…“Um…well…”
 
“Ali…uh, can I call you that?”

“Sure…”

“Ali, you can trust me; you do, don't you?”
 
“Of course, I do!” Alissa quickly said. “Why wouldn't I?”

“I dunno; YOU'RE the one not telling me things!”
 
Alissa looked away again; a really smart kid. “Well…he said that I was just like Nightshade; remember? The ghost who gave me the choker?”
 
Danielle just stared at her with her mouth hanging open as Alissa went on. “I don't know where he got that, though…maybe…maybe because I'm persistent in my goals…and…and lately, there've been times when I…I have dark thoughts…unforgivable thoughts...even toward my friends…” Alissa buried her face in the cushions on the other side of the couch.
 
“Wait a second!” Danielle said, crawling across the couch and placing her hand on Alissa's back. “I know you're nothing like Nightshade! Quit beating yourself up!”
 
Alissa brought her head back up and looked Danielle straight in the eyes. “How would you know?” She spat disdainfully. “You don't even know what he looks like.”

“I just…know, okay? I don't need to see your aura to tell that you're a good girl.” Danielle said, but her face then changed; it looked like a cross between frustration and sadness. “And because I know you're a good person, there's gotta be something, or someone, that made you ditch Danny like you just did! What or who is it?”
 
Alissa's breath caught in her throat at the term “ditch.” She gazed at Danielle almost helplessly before suddenly turning back to the cushions and burying her face in them. “I'm afraid…I'm afraid I'm gonna kill him…” Alissa tried to keep her voice from shaking.
 
Though Alissa's voice was muffled due to the pillows, Danielle heard what she had whimpered. Her eyes were wide with shock and confusion. Before she could say anything else, they heard a voice boom from outside.
 
“Attention, Ghost Girl! You know who you are. We demand that you surrender yourself this instant.”
 
With a gasp from both girls, they got up from the couch and ran to the window, seeing helicopters obviously belonging to the GIW. From one of the helicopters, they saw one of the two main operatives, Operative O, hanging from the helicopter door and holding a microphone.
 
“They're kidding, right?” Alissa thought aloud with a raised eyebrow.
 
“This is your final warning. We have something dear to you. Or should we say `someone?'
 
Alissa's breath stopped. Hanging on a glowing green rope from the main helicopter, whose wrists and ankles were secured in glowing green handcuffs, was an unconscious Danny Phantom.
 
Danielle screamed at the top of her lungs, causing David and Kelly, who were just coming back, to almost fall to the ground in shock of the shriek. Alissa could only widen her eyes, still not breathing.
 
“Oh my…” Kelly started as she came up to the window, covering her mouth.
 
**
 
Tucker, Sam, and Summer, who were all in their own houses, saw the captured Ghost Boy as well, gasping in horror.
 
**
 
Valerie saw as well; she made an angry face. NO! The Ghost Boy is MINE! She then left the house.
 
**
 
“Unless you desire your beloved colleague to perish, you'd better make yourself known at Town Square immediately. It's either him or you.”
 
“When I get my hands on those dim-witted…” Danielle started, clenching her hands into fists and her eyes flashing green. “I'm gonna…I'm gonna…!”
 
Alissa still couldn't move.
 
Danny was captured.
 
Danny was hurt.
 
And it was HER FAULT.
 
Suddenly, she felt a familiar pain jab at her heart. With a cry, she fell to one knee, clutching her heart.
 
“ALISSA?!”
 
“ALI?!”
 
Alissa was panting harshly, her eyes shut tightly.
 
~
Alissa opened her eyes and she was once more in the darkness she was in at school. Oh, no…She thought as she got to her feet.
 
“The child's feelings are right…and deep inside, you're echoing them.”
 
“I'm only gonna ask this once: WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?!”
 
“After that sweet little talk you had with your former master, I had hoped you figured it out already.”
 
“Don't call him my master! Even if you add `former!' And what do you mean?!” Alissa shrieked. However, her eyes slowly widened as it formed together in her mind. “No…no! No! No way! You're not my dark side! YOU'RE NOT ME!!”
 
“Why can't I be?”

“Because not even I would have thoughts about KILLING someone! Maiming, maybe, but not KILLING!
 
“Oh, you poor child. Everyone has thoughts like that…and you are no exception.”
 
“I've never wanted to even just hurt anyone!”
 
“…Are you sure about that?”
 
Abruptly, images started to swim in Alissa's head. Images of Nightshade, the ghosts, Valerie, the Guys in White, Vlad…Sam…
 
Alissa held her head and fell to her knees. “…No…”
 
“You can't deny that you haven't at least considered harming them…whether they are your friends or enemies…” So saying, Alissa's mind was then filled with images of her attacking the people she had, deep inside, wanted to hurt, including her latest attack towards Vlad, and the kids at school. “…In fact, one of them, you're actually questioning their friendship with you…”
 
“STOP!!” Alissa's eyes shut tighter. “THAT'S YOU! NOT ME!
 
“But like I mentioned before…I am you.”
 
“NO!”
 
“I am the side of you that you try so hard to pretend isn't there; the part of you that grows with every dark thought you acquire, and then toss away.”
 
“NO! No, you're NOT! You're just the dark energy of the choker talking! As long as I keep my powers under control, I'll NEVER have to see you again!”
 
“That's not entirely true. Yes, I have been empowered by the necklace's dark energy, but I am still a part of your soul. Whenever you have an extremely dark desire, I grant it. Don't you see? You're finally becoming able to do everything you've ever wanted deep in your heart!”
 
“Don't you think they're `deep in my heart' for a REASON?!” Alissa cried, getting back to her feet. “I don't want those desires! I don't want to hurt anybody!”

“Of course you feel that way. You don't want to accept that you want to do something terrible, but you still can't pretend they're not there.”
 
“…JUST GET TO THE POINT! WHY'RE YOU HERE AGAIN?!”
 
“You want to rescue him, don't you? I can give you the power if you just give into your dark side…give into me, once more…”
 
Alissa's eyes went wide. “…Never again. Never, ever, EVER again! I only did that `cause I wasn't thinking clearly! I just wanted revenge! But you can't do that to me again!”
 
“Don't you want revenge now? Look at what they've done to him! They've captured him, most likely hurt him, and are now using him as bait for you! You love him; are you honestly going to stand there and let them get away with that?! Even if you rescue him, will you allow them to go free?! And what of that ridiculous ghost hunter girl? You know she'll be coming as well to finish Danny off herself.”
 
“…S--stop…” Alissa whimpered, holding her head.
 
“You know what you want to do…for what they have done…”
 
“…Please stop…”
 
Suddenly, Alissa's eyes went wide when she felt the extremely dark aura of the voice right behind her; she could feel their…her hands attempt to take hold of her arms. She heard her whisper into her ear…
 
“…Kill them.”
 
~
 
“NOOOOOOOOO!!” Alissa shrieked as she then whipped her fist back, attempting to strike the owner of the voice.
 
“OWWW!”
 
A familiar juvenile cry of pain snapped Alissa back to reality.
 
“Danielle! Danielle, I'm so sorry!” Alissa cried, reaching up and touching Danielle's cheek, where she had hit. “I really am…sorry…”
 
“What happened to you?!” Danielle cried.
 
“Baby, what's going on?!” David asked as he helped Alissa to her feet.
 
“…Nothing. Nothing whatsoever…” Alissa said as she whipped her hand away.
 
“This is your final chance, Ghost Girl! If you are not here in the next 3 minutes, you can bid young Danny Phantom farewell.”
 
Kelly bit her lip. “Alissa, you can't go! It's a trap! It has to be!”
 
“It just might be…” Alissa said, slowly turning her head toward her mother. “But like a rodent, a block of cheese, and a mousetrap, I just can't resist.”
 
Danielle clenched her fists harder with a nod.
 
~
After the final announcement, Operative O then put the microphone away. “Do you think she'll really come?” He said to Operative K.
 
“Of course, she will!” K answered. “Though ghosts have no human emotions, she somehow seems to be an exception.”
 
“How do you figure?”
 
K gave him a look, pulled out what seemed to be a handbook, flipped it open, and read. “Article 5, section 8, subsection C allows me to refer to you as…” He closed it and pointed to O. “…an idiot!”
 
Meanwhile, most of Amity Park had come to Town Square to see what the Ghost Girl would do. That included the Fenton family (Jazz worrying insanely about Danny), Vlad, the kids of Casper High and, of course, the three purely human kids of Team Phantom. All their eyes were on the many helicopters in the sky.
 
K then looked at his watch. “Well, anyway, she'll be too late in 3…2…”
 
Just then, the helicopter harshly tilted downward, on O's side. O's face smashed against the window and K smashed into O. Through the window, they saw Lisa Phantasm callously pulling the helicopter down, and she then looked up into their glass-covered eyes. “LET…HIM…GO.” She said dangerously as her fists dug into the helicopter, puncturing gaps.
 
Quickly, K pressed a button, and a gun came out of the helicopter, shooting Lisa away. She screamed as she plummeted and crashed deep into the ground. People crowded around the hole she had made, but jumped back when a bright violet Ghost Ray shot out from the hole and went straight into one of the holes she made in the helicopter. Also, Dani Phantom came flying across and fired a Ghost Ray into the other hole.
 
As it started to detonate, the operatives activated their jetpacks and left the helicopter, but quickly untied Danny from the rope before the helicopter exploded.
 
People were running and screaming before the burning pieces of helicopter crushed them.
 
Lisa pulled herself out of the hole and got back to her feet. Everyone was staring at her. (Including a swooning Dash.)
 
The operatives came flying back to the ground, each holding one of Danny's arms. Lisa just gasped in horror as she saw just how badly bruised Danny was. His wrists and ankles were still held by the handcuffs and he was still unconscious. She felt her teeth grit.
 
“Leave him alone!” Dani demanded as she landed right beside Lisa.
 
“Whoa! Danny Phantom's got a little sister?!” Some of the citizens of Amity Park all chattered around questions similar to the one that one civilian asked first.
 
Dani sighed and shrugged. “Close enough.”
 
“Who are you?” Operative O asked.
 
“Oh, I'm just a relative…” Dani said with a sweet smile, but it quickly faded and her eyes shown in infuriated peridot-green brilliance. “A very, VERY ANGRY relative.”
 
“You never said that I should come alone.” Lisa said. “Surrender him NOW!
 
As they spoke, all the other helicopters began to land. All the other operatives then surrounded the landed helicopters with their guns out, ready to attack if Lisa tried anything. One of the other operatives ran up to the two main operatives, showing them a radar, which was a Ghost Detector. “You might want to see this!”
 
K took the radar and looked at it in surprise. It reacted to Dani, but Lisa only appeared faintly.
 
“You said you'd release Danny if I came! I've been here for, like, 5 minutes! Give him up!” Lisa yelled.
 
“I think we'll just ask you a few questions, young lady…” K said as he pulled out a remote with an antenna. It had two buttons on it. “This remote is connected to the Ghost Boy's handcuffs; I press one button on this and ecto-electricity will be his demise.”
 
Dani screamed.
 
“NO! DON'T!” Lisa cried.
 
“You'd better answer, and answer correctly…” O went on as K held his thumb just above one of the buttons.
 
Lisa bit her lip and looked down.
 
Throughout the town, some people were screaming for the Ghost Boy to be set free or wake up; some were also screaming at the two girls to either attack or run. The other GiW members were holding all the citizens back.
 
Finally, Lisa murmured, “…What do you want to know?”
 
“Good girl…let's start with: who…no, what are you? Our readings indicate you're not a ghost.” O said.
 
“Also,” K went on. “We've observed the ghost attacks, and they always appear to be after both the Ghost Boy and you. You know something, and you better tell us what it is.”
 
Lisa looked at them. She couldn't tell them, she just couldn't! But Danny…
 
Dani looked at her, fretting over what she was going to do, and how it would affect Danny.
 
Lisa winced her eyes shut. “If…if I told you what I really was…you wouldn't understand…”
 
“Wrong answer.” K said as he then pressed the button.
 
The handcuffs around Danny's wrists and ankles lit up brightly and he screamed as they harmed him.
 
“DANNY!!” Dani shrieked as the tears she tried to keep in fell.
 
“NO! NO, STOP!!” Lisa screamed, falling to her knees and palms. “STOP!!”
 
K finally stopped pressing the button and the cuffs deactivated. Danny groaned as his head fell forward. His eyes then slowly started to open. He blinked, trying to get rid of the blurriness. Finally, his vision cleared, and he saw the GiW holding the citizens of Amity back, Dani crying…and Lisa on her knees, raising her head up to look at Danny. Her eyes widened she saw him awake.
 
Danny's eyes widened as well. …Ali…you…came…? He thought, too weak to verbalize.
 
“Now, answer us!” K demanded.
 
Lisa got back to her knees, fighting her own tears, and the ever-familiar cold voice in the back of her mind. “…Kill them…kill them…”
 
“I…I'm…”
 
“Hold it right there!”
 
Everybody looked up to see Valerie fly down and fire a gun at the two operatives, blowing them apart and causing Danny to fall to the ground. “If anyone's wiping out the Ghost Boy, it's me!
 
“Oh, my gosh! DANNY!” Dani cried, quickly flying to her cousin.
 
All the other GiW then fired at Valerie, unsure if she was human or a ghost. She evaded all the attacks and shot at them as well. However, everybody stopped when a familiar black mass made itself known down the street.
 
“Oh, no…not now…not now…!” Lisa thought.
 
As the ghosts came raining down, people started screaming and running, and Jack, Maddie, and the GiW started fighting.
 
Valerie, however, kept her eyes on Danny and Dani. “Aww, isn't that sweet? The ghost kid's got a relative!” She aimed her gun. “I'd like to say you're cute, but…”
 
“YOU CAN'T!!” Lisa screamed, catching Valerie's attention. “I can understand Danny, but not her! She's a CHILD!!
 
“So what?” Valerie said, turning back to the Phantom kids. “It doesn't matter if she's young and adorable; she's still a ghost! You wouldn't understand; you're not extremely dedicated to anything!”
 
Lisa's eyes widened and flashed red for a split second. Not dedicated to anything?! Her thoughts disappeared, however, when Valerie fired. Before Lisa could scream, Dani put up a shield. Valerie's blast seemed to go on forever, and Lisa could see the puddle forming underneath the clone.

I'll show you undedicated! Lisa thought as she quickly flew forward, grabbed the Phantoms, and flew high into the sky. Valerie growled and flew after her.
 
“What was that for?! I was handling her!” Dani cried.
 
“You're welcome.” Lisa said, irritated and slightly bitter after the many events that just happened. “And look behind you.”
 
Dani turned her head to see that her legs were somewhat damp with goop. She gasped in horror; she had absolutely no idea…she slowly turned back to Lisa, eyes still wide in surprise and…gratefulness.
 
Danny, who was still conscious yet very weak, looked up slightly to see Lisa fly as fast as she could. “…You're really here…” He said weakly.
 
Lisa gasped and looked down, seeing her beloved awake. “Oh, my gosh, you're okay?” She asked fretfully. Before Danny could answer, a bright pink ray shot right in between him and Lisa, and she started to fly faster.
 
“She's gaining!” Dani yelled, looking behind her.
 
“Oh, have a little faith in me, why don't you?!” Lisa demanded. Just then, one of Valerie's blasts hit her back and she screamed. “…Never mind…” She murmured as she fell and crashed into the ground.
 
Lisa got up halfway and shook her head, fighting the dizziness. She looked at both her sides to see both Phantoms in pain. Dani was holding her leg and Danny was just panting harshly.
 
“Danny!” Lisa cried, crawling towards him and placing her hand on his arm. “Danny…this can't be…happening…”
 
Danny blinked his eyes open…and smiled at her. “Ali…you came…I thought…you didn't care…”
 
Lisa gasped and jerked her head slightly upward, the tears in her eyes splashing out with her head motion. “Danny…I never…I never stopped caring…the last thing I…I ever want to do…is hurt you…remember?”

“Of course, I remember…that's why…I was so confused…”
 
“…I'm so sorry…please, please don't talk anymore! I'll get you out of here…I promise…I don't know how, but…please, just trust me!” Mostly because I don't trust myself anymore…
 
“Ali…I never stopped trusting you…” Danny said, smiling again. Lisa's eyes showed complete confusion.
 
Lisa looked up in terror to see Valerie land, get off her jet-sled, and come closer to them, gun in hand.
 
Lisa then looked around, seeing the horror.
 
Ghosts were flying everywhere, either attacking humans or simply frightening them. Lisa even saw the ghosts she befriended trying to defend her friends.
 
Lisa saw the GiW arguing with the approaching Valerie that this isn't her place, and that the ghost kids belong to them. Her eyes widened before hardening; NOBODY owned them. NOBODY! She held her head as everything she was hearing whirled around in her head at once.
 
“He's mine!”
 
“RUN FOR IT, EVERYONE!”
 
“Go home!”
 
“AAH! GHOST!!”
 
“Who are you in that helmet anyway?”
 
“Get away from me!”
 
“HELP!!”
 
“…Kill them.”
 
“STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!”
 
Lisa's outburst caused everything to freeze; even the ghosts stopped moving and turned to her. The Phantoms looked at her in surprise as she slowly staggered to her feet. She slowly brought a hand up and pointed a finger at Valerie, her voice shaking with multiple emotions. “…I'm sick of you…trying to attack those absolutely precious to me…and not listening to me…” She then pointed to the two main operatives. “…I'm sick of you…sticking your fat, ugly noses where they don't belong…I don't care if ghosts are your job…you do NOT capture and torture a friend…”
 
Lisa then ran her hand along the sky, pointing to the ghosts. “…AND I'M SICK OF ALL OF YOU FOR ATTACKING MY TOWN!! ISN'T IT ME YOU WANT?!
 
Everybody gasped at that. Before anyone could say anything else, Lisa turned her hateful gaze back at the GiW. “That's right. To answer one of your questions, the ghosts want me. They've been coming back again and again for me. You see this?!” She said, pointing to her choker. “Now look around you! All the ghosts have the exact same choker! It belongs to the ghost behind this entire mess! I was able to break away from him, but he wants me back! THAT'S what's with all the attacks! So if you're gonna blame my friend, you're dead! It's not his fault! It's mine! I'm the one you want! Release Danny from those stupid cuffs and fight ME!!
 
Everybody stared at Lisa in either shock or slight admiration. Just then, all the ghosts started to rise up into the sky and flew around in a circle, forming a tornado shape. [1] Just above the ghosts, Lisa could swear that she saw a familiar form…crossing his arms…showing his fangs as he smiled…“…No…”
 
Just then, K brought the remote out again and pressed a button. Lisa widened her eyes; was he really releasing Danny?
 
Danny screamed in pain as the cuffs zapped him again. Lisa quickly turned back to him with wide eyes.
 
“DAAAANNYY!!” Poor young Dani cried as she watched him scream.
 
Valerie was about to run to K and stop him before some of the other GiW held her back.
 
“WHAT'RE YOU DOING?! STOP THAT!!” Lisa screamed when she turned back to the GiW.
 
“There're still some things we need to know.” O said as he pulled out two more pairs of handcuffs. “Will you and the child come quietly?”
 
Lisa gasped in horror. Had Valerie not interfered, and she told the GiW EVERYTHING…they still would've hurt Danny AND take her and Dani in?!
 
Lisa gasped again when she heard Danny's low cry: “Ali…help…”
 
…How…dare…you…Lisa thought darkly to the GiW, her eyes started glittering scarlet once more. She gasped however and held her head. “NO! NO! …I don't wanna go back there…”
 
~
 
“Too late!” The voice chuckled.
 
Lisa found herself in the darkness once more, and on the ground, if there was any. “C'mon! Not now! Danny needs me!”

“You better believe he does. Will you accept my offer now? Don't you understand? You're meant to give into me for your power lies in the darkness! You're meant to be in the darkness! Now use your true power to avenge the boy you adore!”
 
“N…n…n--n...n--NO!!” Lisa screamed, standing up. “NO!! I won't! No more near-massacre! I don't even know what you look like! AND I KNOW YOU'RE NOT ME! STAY AWAY FROM ME!!
 
There was silence. Lisa looked around; had she won?
 
“I see what must be done…”

Guess not.
 
Just then, a rather large pond-like body of water appeared by Lisa's feet. She gasped when she saw it simply appear like that. She twisted her face; was she supposed to jump in?
 
Lisa knelt down instead and saw her reflection. Suddenly, she was overcome with self-loathing. She felt so weak as the ghosts came out of nowhere and attacked her and her friends; she felt so angry for trusting Vlad, a disgusting creature in disguise, saving his life just to make both Danny and Danielle's lives miserable; she felt so stupid for abandoning Danny, leaving him just like that; so what if her intentions were good? That didn't make up for the pain she caused him. And yet…he still cared about her. He still called out her name in a desperate plea for help.
 
He still trusted her.
 
She never thought she could hate her name, either name, so much.
 
With a frustrated cry, she whipped her fist across her reflected face, causing the image to be a rippling eradication. She then brought both of her hands up to cover her face and started to cry harshly.
 
She slowly brought her hands away from her overflowing eyes, looking back down at the water as her reflection slowly repaired itself.
 
She blinked.
 
She rubbed her eyes and looked back at the water.
 
Just her normal reflection.
 
Her eyes may have been wavering with tears, but she just knew that she saw her reflection differ from her.
 
She slowly brought a hand down to meet the mirror images'. She slowly ran her hand around the watery area, the reflection doing the same.
 
She bended the top halves of her fingers down into the water, making it seem like the two group of fingers merged.
 
She gasped when she felt something take her hand.
 
She quickly pulled her hand back out and stared at it in utter horror when she saw that a black-gloved hand like her own had intertwined its fingers with hers.
 
She looked down and shrieked.
 
Her reflection's hand had taken her own, and though her face mirrored her look of terror, its eyes suddenly closed and quickly opened them again, revealing them to be a wicked crimson, which complimented her lavender smirk.
 
With another scream, Lisa pulled her hand away from the doppelgangers' and backed away by crawling, though her back was still toward the floor. She watched as the mysterious figure slowly seemed to float out of the water, her long, damp hair hiding her face.
 
Suddenly, she started to glow a bright yet dark color of violet. When the light subsided, the form was now completely dry, the water behind her was gone, and her face was now visible for her long black hair spread out across the unseen ground. Again, her eyes were closed and she opened them slowly, the shock of the evil from them still chilling. “Look familiar?” She said darkly, her smirk never fading.
 
“No…” Lisa said quietly, shaking her head in denial. “No…no…no…” She started to say it louder as her head shook faster and harder, her hair slapping around and her eyes winced shut. “No…no…no…NO! NO! NO!!” She slapped her hands against her head, ceasing its shaking, but her body was now trembling. She screamed…
 
~
 
“Danny, hold on! I'll get it off!!” Dani said as she grabbed the handcuffs, attempting to pull them off. It zapped her as well, and she tried so hard to ignore it, but she was then blasted back and skidded across the ground. As she got up, she looked back at Lisa, who was on her knees with her arms wrapped around herself; why'd she stop moving?!
Dani flew back toward Danny and attempted to grab the cuffs again, but they suddenly stopped electrocuting Danny and snapped off.
 
Everyone gasped. The remote that K held then started to snap and sizzle until he cried out in pain, threw it to the ground, and watched as it blasted into many pieces.
 
Dani helped Danny get to his feet. “What happened?” Dani asked.
 
Danny looked toward Lisa. “…Oh…no…
 
“What? What??” Dani cried.
 
The other kids of Team Phantom, except for Jazz, watched Lisa with faces similar to Danny's.
 
Lisa slowly lifted her head, revealing her eyes to be flashing red until they completely turned red. She staggered to her feet, her face showing no mercy. She brought her hand up and a black Ghost Ray shot out and lashed at the two main operatives, blasting them off their feet and crashing back onto the ground.
 
The GiW started shouting orders and they all started shooting at the seemingly possessed Drifter, but all their shots bounced off her as if there was a shield around her. She slowly walked forward, the shots still not even touching her, and she slashed her arm across the empty air in front of her to the left, causing a wave of dark energy to appear and the closest line of the GiW to be blasted to the left. She then brought her hands up and they were soon surrounded in dark energy; she brought her hands back down and fired the enormous black Ghost Ray at the remaining men and their helicopters, destroying them, causing a large inferno to surface.
 
Battle tanks belonging to the GiW came up the road and fired at Lisa; however, instead of the blast bouncing off, she held out her hand and the blast was absorbed into it. She clapped and held both her hands out, the blast she absorbed shooting out from both hands and back at the tank that attacked her, causing the GiW who were using it to run out of it as it was added to the fire.
 
As Lisa did this, every ghost (except the friends, of course) continued to fly around in a circle, the figure above still smiling and holding his hand just under his chin, observing the chaos. “…Beautiful…perfect, even…go. Test her some more.” The ghosts then flew down towards the girl.
 
As more and more tanks appeared, Lisa lifted her head to see that the ghosts were coming down toward her. She didn't even lift a finger but the ghosts became enshrouded in dark energy and were then thrown into the tanks. As they smashed into them, they exploded, and the pieces of it flew everywhere. The people of Amity Park were running amok, trying to avoid them.
 
“Ali, stop…!” Danny tried to cry, but Dani pulled him up and flew up, trying to find a place to hide.
 
Psst! Over here!” Dani turned to see Sam calling her; she was with Team Phantom, including Jazz and the good ghosts, in an alleyway. She quickly flew into the alley and, after placing Danny on the ground, groaned in exhaustion as she then landed on the boy, de-transforming.
 
“You okay, kid?” Danny said with a slight chuckle as he got up halfway and rubbed Danielle's back. She just coughed and managed a smile.
 
“Who are you?” Jazz asked, incredibly intrigued, as she knelt down and gazed at Danielle.
 
“Long story, and I'll tell you later; right now, what's going on with Lisa?!” Danielle cried.
 
“We…kinda wish we knew ourselves…” Tucker said with a shrug.
 
“I gotta…” Danny started as he crawled across the ground, trying to get back out there.
“Nooo!” Danielle cried, holding onto Danny's leg since she rolled off his chest when he got up. “You're still weak from those stinkin' handcuffs!”
 
Summer, Sam, and Dora looked out the alley and watched as Lisa, who's hair was no longer in an ponytail and was flowing freely around, made the concrete road rise up and practically toss the tanks into the air. When they crashed back down, they were destroyed as well, and the GiW controlling them fell out of it.
 
After all the tanks were destroyed and all the GiW were out cold, Lisa still didn't relent. Keeping her hold on the ghosts firm, she flung them everywhere, mostly where the people were. Luckily, they kept evading the attacks.
 
“What's goin' on?!” Dash cried.
 
“Dude, it's her!” Kwan said, pointing to Lisa. “It's her doin' it!”
 
As if hearing them, Lisa barely turned her head toward them and two large ghosts came rushing toward them. Screaming, the Jocks jumped to the side and the ghosts crashed into the glass window just behind them.
 
When all the ghosts were down and out, and the people were either hiding, running, or screaming, Jack and Maddie jumped out and tried to attack Lisa with their own weapons, but she deflected them and caused them to be blown back and crash into Vlad. Lisa's eyes widened slightly when she recognized Vlad, and she fully turned to him, her face showing pure wrath.
 
Simply raising a hand, Lisa made Vlad rise up and then come to her. She grabbed the front of his shirt in her fist and continued to glare at him. He honestly tried to transform; even if there were people watching. He didn't care; he had to LIVE! But he was covered in the dark energy, so he couldn't.
 
“You poor, poor, disgusting creature…” Lisa spoke, her voice distorted again. “You made the horrid mistake of crossing me…” She then turned to the large firestorm she had created, smiling evilly. Vlad widened his eyes, knowing where this was going.
 
“Alison, return to your senses! You can't…!” Vlad spoke, but Lisa then pulled him down to the same eye level, hers burning.
 
“I told you…to stop calling me that…” With one swift fling, Vlad was heading for the fires, screaming.
 
But just then, Valerie flew out and grabbed Vlad before he hit the inferno. The dark energy around him faded, but took some of his energy with it, so he fainted. Valerie landed and grabbed Vlad by the arms. “Mr. Masters! Mr. Masters! It's me, Valerie! Answer me!”
 
Lisa, furious that Valerie had rescued Vlad, started to fly toward her. Her Ecto-Blade appeared in her hands and as she jumped and then slashed her sword down toward Valerie, she roared, “HOW DARE YOU!!”
 
However, Valerie turned and saw Lisa coming toward her, grabbed Vlad, and flew forward, so that Lisa's sword met with cement. She growled and lunged at Valerie again. After placing Vlad down on the ground away from the fire, Valerie got off her jet-sled and fired a ray from her hand at Lisa, who deflected it with her sword and fired a Ghost Ray at her, blasting the screaming girl back.
 
Damon Gray, realizing that his daughter was missing, was in the running and screaming crowd, calling out for Valerie since he couldn't get to her because the crowd was too large. Valerie heard her name and looked up to see her father. “Dad…Dad, no…get out of here!” She tried to scream to Damon, but she was too weak.
 
Lisa looked up to see the panicked man. “Oh, how sweet…I didn't know you were a `daddy's little girl' girl!” She smirked evilly. “Shall we fix that?” She then fired a black ray.
 
“NOOO!!” Valerie screamed.
 
Damon, who took his ray gun before leaving his home, [2] fired his own ray at Lisa. The two beams smashed against each other, but Lisa's prevailed. It hit Damon hard in the chest and blasted him back against the brick wall of the building behind him. He then slid down it, unconscious.
 
Valerie kept a hand reached out, tears slipping down her face. She was on the verge of unconsciousness herself, but before everything blacked out, she had murmured, “…Daddy…”
 
Lisa heard that, and her eyes started to loosen a little. She looked at her still-smoking hand, her blade, the fallen ghost huntress, and her father. Finally, the people stopped running around screaming for the pandemonium seemed to be over, and they all stared at Lisa.
 
Lisa blinked hard and reopened her eyes, revealing them to once more be midnight blue. She looked around, seeing the pain and the destruction she had caused. Did I…really do all this…?
 
Lisa gasped when she saw Team Phantom slowly emerge from the alley they were hiding in, Zero with the arm of a de-transformed Danny slung around his neck.
 
Lisa then looked around to see the horrified faces of everyone in the town, including her own parents.
 
“…A…A--Amity Park…” Lisa said slowly. Some people stepped back in fear of what she about to do next. Suddenly, she jerked her head downward, her eyes clenching shut, releasing her newly formed tears. “I'M SO SORRY!!!” With that, she flew away.
 
“No! Ali!” Danielle cried, went ghost, and flew after the Drifter. The ghosts grabbed the normal kids and flew after Dani.
 
~
Lisa was crying heavily, her hands covering her eyes, while sitting down on some random box in another alleyway. [3] Her hair was once more in a ponytail for, since this was her spirit, she had willed it back into a hairband.
 
“Ali?”
 
Lisa pulled her hands back and looked to the right when she heard her name. “Danielle?” She murmured, seeing the little one.
 
“What happened to you?” Dani asked, floating above the ground so that she was at Lisa's eye level. “What was that all about? Ali, you gotta tell me. You can trust me!”
 
Lisa looked at her, and then down. She slowly stood up and walked over to the other side of the alley, her face looking straight into the wall. “…I'm…I'm still not totally sure myself, but I think I'm turning evil…”
 
Dani gasped. “I…don't get it…”
 
“Remember Nightshade? He's been sending me this dream about me becoming evil and helping him destroy the entire world…and Danny. I was able to break away from him, but I think if I give into my dark side I become closer and closer to becoming bonded to him again. Whenever I give into my dark desires when nearby my choker, I become that!” Lisa cried, pointing outwards, referring to the destruction. “I become…N…Nightshade…” At that horrible sentence, she burst into tears and practically slammed her forehead into the wall, crying against it.
 
Dani stared at her in surprise. “Is that…is that why you left Danny?”
 
“…Yeah…I realized that I mostly gave into my darkness when it involved him being hurt…I had hoped that maybe if I fought Nightshade on my own, and defeated him once and for all, I'd be completely away from him, not having to worry about getting over-infuriated when with the choker, and hopefully, Danny would forgive me and take me back…”
 
“Ali…why didn't you just tell him?”
 
“ARE YOU NUTS?!” Lisa cried, turning back to Dani, her outburst causing Dani to fall to the ground. “I can't tell Danny about that! I can't tell him that I'm a walking mini-Shade! Then he really will kick me out of the team…I'd be too dangerous…”
 
“Danny wouldn't do that!”
 
“What makes you so sure?! You've only known him for…” Lisa then blinked and turned away. “Oh, yeah…right…clone…
 
“Alissa…” Dani's voice became stern. She once more rose to Lisa's eye level. “You can't do this. It's not fair to either of you.”
 
“But…I can't…I'll hurt him!”
 
“No, you won't! You love him too much! Besides, don't you think Danny would want to be there with you to face both your darkness and Nightshade together?!
 
Lisa's eyes started to fill with tears again and she looked down.
 
“C'mon, Phantasm…go back to him. You miss him…and he misses you.”
 
“Ain't that the truth?”
 
Lisa looked beyond the little clone. “Guys?!” It was true. The rest of Team Phantom was there.
 
THAT'S why you left Danny?! `Cause of some crazy dream?”
 
“No, Tucker! You saw what happened back there! That WAS my crazy dream! This is the one time Nightshade's not lying to me!”
 
“Maybe, but you can fight this! You just need to get back with Danny!” Summer said. “You're not like Nightshade! I know you! And I know your good side's stronger than your bad! You just…” She turned to Zero, who was still carrying Danny. “…need every last friend.”
 
“Danny!” Lisa cried.
 
“Danny cares a lot about you, Ali.” Sam said. “He wants to be there for you…and I know that if you told him about all this, he'd give anything to make sure that you'll be okay and not make one complaint!”
 
“We're not only a team, Ali…we're friends.” Tucker said. “We look out for each other and make sure none of us get out of line!”
 
“And we know that we'll get you back in line, keep you there, and tell Nightshade to go jump in that lake in the Ghost Zone Sapphire and I found that held an overgrown piranha!” Zero added. Sapphire giggled.
 
Lisa looked at all her friends, eyes watering again. “You…you'd really still…stay with me?”
 
Dani nodded. “So…what do ya say?” She asked as she nudged Lisa in the arm with her elbow.
 
Lisa looked down…but then brought her head back up with a smile. “You're right. You're absolutely right! Wake that boy up! We gotta talk!” Lisa said. Dani cheered.
 
Just then, a dark ripple came into the air. They all looked forward, and Lisa turned around, and they saw Nightshade step out of the dark ripple.
 
Lisa gasped.
 
“…You…” Summer said; she was stomping toward him, but Sam and Sapphire held her back. Cujo was barking angrily at him and Wulf growled.
 
“That's Nightshade, Ali?” Dani asked.
 
Lisa nodded as she stood in a ready-for-battle stance. “No, Danielle…this guy's too much for you.”
 
“So, you're discarding my warning…”
 
“I don't have to worry about my darkness because I got my friends!” Lisa countered. “Besides, you only bothered to warn me so you'd separate me and Danny. But it's not gonna work anymore! Danny and I can stop my darkness AND kick your butt back into the Ghost Zone!”
 
“Isn't that sweet?” Nightshade mock-swooned. “It's a pity your love for the Ghost Boy isn't true, though…”
 
Lisa's eyes widened. “…What was that?”
 
“Come, child, think about it. Had your love for him been true, you never would've left him in the first place. You would've trusted that you could conquer your inner evil together…but you didn't, did you?”
 
Lisa's teeth gritted and showed themselves, and the sting in her heart returned. As she fell to the ground, clutching her heart, Dani grabbed her arm. “NO, ALI! Don't you get it?! He's going for a Plan B! You can't listen to him! You can't!”
 
“WHY, YOU!!” Zero cried as he tossed Danny to Wulf and lunged at Nightshade, Sapphire shortly following. However, Nightshade fired a black Ghost Ray at them and they smashed against the wall.
 
“No!” Dora cried. She bared her teeth and was about to transform into her dragon form, but Nightshade simply fired another ray right at her necklace. It wasn't destroyed, but it was incredibly damaged, and being linked to Dora, she cried out in pain and fell to the ground.
 
Wulf carefully propped Danny against the wall and lunged for Nightshade along with Cujo, who transformed into his larger form. Nightshade formed a black rope that was surrounded in dark energy in his hands, and lashed it at the two, causing it to tightly wrap around them both. “Down, boys!” Nightshade laughed as the dark energy zapped them. They both cried out in pain and fell to the ground, too weak to move.
 
The only ones whose eyes were still open were the human kids, including Lisa and Dani. The human kids were trying to awaken the ghosts.
 
“You see that? It seems your friendship isn't very true, either.”
 
“SHUT UP!!” Lisa screamed, still on her knees. Everything he was saying seemed to be true in her still broken heart.
 
“Lisa, don't!” Dani tried, but she could see a dark aura surround Lisa, it was a deep blue, but it slowly turned a black-red, and a whirl of dark violet energy started to form around her from the ground all the way deep into the sky.
 
“Dani…” Lisa's voice croaked. She took the girl's arms and looked at her deeply in the eyes. “You gotta…get everyone…out of here…please…by the time this energy fades away…I'm not gonna be myself anymore…”
 
“No! I can't!” Dani tried.
 
Lisa then pulled her into a hug. “I'm begging you…get away from here…be safe…please…!!
 
As they spoke, all the ghosts started to stand again, except for Danny.
 
Dani stared at her with saddening eyes, but she gulped, nodded, and went to the others. “What're you doing?! What about--?!”
 
“We gotta go NOW!” Dani cried, hiding her tears.
 
The ghosts who were able to fly held onto everyone else and left that alleyway. They looked back however, when they saw that swirl of energy, which was still visible since it seemed to shoot up all the way to the sky, became larger, and they heard Lisa scream.
 
They wanted to go back, but they forced themselves to keep going.
 
~
 
“At last…” Nightshade said, back at Pariah's Keep. “Finally, my king…I told you I would finish my plan and I have…now we can focus on the return of your crown.”
 
“Good, good…” Pariah said, smiling. They both watched the figure in front of them walk across the way, toward the railing, and to the waiting ghosts beneath it. [4]
 
“However, are you sure this will not backfire?” Pariah asked.
 
“I am entirely sure, your majesty…nothing can go wrong now…”
 
The figure placed their hands on the railing and looked down at the ghosts, who started to cheer in a chanting way.
 
The figure's violet lips curled into a smile…
 

~

[1] That tornado shape that the ghosts made in Reign Storm while attacking Danny? That's it!
[2] Remember Flirting With Disaster? That gun that Damon shot Danny with?
[3] For those of you who've played Kingdom Heart 2, think of “The Usual Spot” that Roxas and his friends were always at. That's kinda like where Lisa was.
[4] Remember that balcony in Reign Storm that Pariah was looking above after he said "Show no mercy."?


Oh...CRAP.
Can any of y'all guess what happened?
Seeya soon!