Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ The Search For The Crown ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

If anybody's character is wrong, and if it seems that I made Pariah too stupid or something, please forgive me!
 
 
~~CHAPTER ELEVEN~~
~~THE SEARCH FOR THE CROWN~~
 
Danny couldn't even concentrate on his walk.
 
All of Saturday could be summed up in one word: CATASTROPHE.
 
He shivered as he recalled what had happened last night.
 
 
Danny and Danielle were walking back to the Bakers' household for two reasons: to drop Danielle off since this was somewhat her new home…and to tell Alissa's parents of her whereabouts; a task much, MUCH easier said than done.
 
“Oh, you're here!”
 
Both Halfas turned to see David and Kelly running up the stairway leading to the front door and where they were as well.
 
“We hoped we'd run into you…” David went on.
 
“What's happening to my baby? How did she destroy the entire block in less than 10 minutes?!” Kelly screeched.
 
Danny and Danielle eyed each other. “Uh…” They chorused.
 
“You might wanna come in first.” Danny said as he opened the door. “This is gonna be involving…”
 
They then sat down in the Living Room, hesitatingly telling the story. The moment they finished, Kelly was sobbing on her husband's shoulder.
 
“WHAT IN AMITY PARK ARE YOU SAYING?!” David roared as he held Kelly. “MY LITTLE GIRL'S BEEN KIDNAPPED AGAIN?!
 
“Actually, kidnapped and turned evil…” Danielle muttered, but a sharp pinch on the arm made her stop.
 
“Where exactly IS this NIGHTSHADE?!” David went on. He would've grabbed Danny and shook him by the shoulders had he not have already been busy comforting Kelly.
 
“No! No! Don't!” Danny cried. “I know you wanna save her, but this isn't something…um…no offense, but this isn't something regular humans like you can do!”
 
“Just leave it to us! We'll save her! We promise!” Danielle smiled, but it faded slightly, making her look dejected. “…Well, mostly him anyway…” She said as she halfheartedly pointed to her “cousin.”
 
“Come on, you even said before that you trusted me.” Danny went on; Kelly's sobbing finally came to a stop. “I saved her once! I can save her again! You gotta believe me!”
 
Kelly wiped her eyes. “Of course we do…but…my baby…”

“And that's another thing…” Danny said. “Ali…she'll always be your daughter, but she's not a little girl anymore. You've seen how strong she can be. She's grown; you need to believe in her, too.”
 
Kelly looked down. “I know that, but…”
 
“Let `em go.”
Kelly looked up at David in surprise. “…What?”
 
“They're right on all levels; we honestly don't fully know what we're dealing with, I believe they can save her, and…we can't protect Alissa forever…she's a big girl, now, and she does these things for a reason…we have to allow her to…and be proud.”
 
Kelly sniffled and turned back to Danny and Danielle. She nodded slowly before burying her head back in David's shoulder.
 
“…Just please bring her back…”
 
 
Danny felt a tear slip down his face and he quickly wiped it away. He didn't have the slightest clue what to do to save Alissa. He had told his parents he was going for a walk; he had wanted to clear his head and try to think, but he came up with nothing. He then looked down at his pocket when he heard his phone ring. He quickly picked it up and answered.
 
“Hello?
 
“…Summer?”
 
**
 
“Hey, Dan…” Summer said as she sat down on her bed, her hand clenching the comforter as she looked out of the window of her room in an apartment. “…How'd her folks take it?”
**

“About the way you'd imagine it. Luckily I was able to calm them down and get them to believe that I'd fix everything…you sound a little off. Are you okay?”

**
 
Summer didn't speak, but she gave a lowered-eyelid glare towards the phone.
 
**
 
Danny could almost feel Summer's glare on him. “Uh…sorry. Standard question. What's the matter?” Again, Danny didn't need to hear the Punk's voice. “Sorry, other standard question.”
 
**
 
“Did you notice the time?”

**
 
Danny wasn't wearing a watch at the moment. “Uh…no?”

**

“It's about 11-something. I checked the sundown time…8:17. Danny, in about 9 hours, we're gonna be attacked again…and she's gonna be there.”
**
 
Danny's breath stopped. He didn't even think about the fact that Lisa was going to be in the next attack. He should've since it was true…maybe he didn't want to think about it…
 
**

“Danny? …Fenton, you there?”

**

Danny shuddered, coming back to life. “Yeah, I'm here…”

**

“So? You have any ideas?”
 
**
 
“…No.” Danny said truthfully. “You?”

**
 
“Why the heck are you asking ME?!
 
**
 
“Well, why are YOU asking ME?!

**
 
“`Cause you're Danny Phantom, STUPID! You're supposed to know what to do!”
**
 
Danny sighed heavily. “I don't ALWAYS know…
 
“Look, I need to go; Mom and Dad are expecting me back soon…bye.” Danny pressed the hang-up button and shoved the phone back into his pocket with another sigh. He looked up at the sky, almost giving a pleading face at the sun to not set. He then turned away, walking back home.
 
Unbeknownst to him, Danny was being watched.
 
Lisa was silently perched over a rooftop, watching the boy walk home. She gave him a look. “Still can't believe that little wimp is also the Ghost Boy…” Her eyes never left his form, following it until he went completely out of sight. “And that old guy Master wants me to get…I wonder if he's conscious yet? Ah, well. If he isn't, that'll just make capturing him easier.”
 
Lisa smirked lightly. “Can't wait till tonight…when this world witnesses my power…and that kid shuts up for good.” She turned around when she heard an animal-like cry. She saw a black ghost raven with red eyes fly towards her. “Hey…you're one of Master's new little pets, aren't you?”
 
While Danny was walking home, his Ghost Sense appeared. He looked from side to side, looking for whatever set off his sense, and he looked up, seeing Lisa speaking to the ghost bird. He gasped again, transformed, went invisible, and flew up just beside the two, listening.
 
“So he DOES want another attack tonight…good. The last thing I want is to become all readied up for nothing…let's go.”
 
Lisa followed the retreating raven into the sky. Danny had tried to call out for the girl, but she had disappeared as quickly as she flew up.
 
~
“Your armies are set, my king?” Nightshade asked as he approached Pariah, who was looking down over his balcony at the readied ghost soldiers.
 
“The moment the sun fully leaves the sky, that pitiful town shall see them…” Pariah answered with a smirk, clenching his fist. “At last…my crown and ring returned to my grasp…” He then turned to Nightshade. “Where is your tyro?”
 
“She is confirming the whereabouts of the man who stole your crown.” Nightshade answered. “We believe that he is still within the household where the Ghost Boy resides.”
 
Pariah's face twisted at that. “…You're trusting her to be beside the other child without your presence?”
 
Nightshade's brow furrowed. “…What are you saying, exactly?”
 
“I know that those two had some form of an incredibly strong relationship. How do you know that not even the mere company of the boy will cause her to revert?”
 
“Are you implying that if I'm not careful, Lisa will leave me for the Halfa again?” Nightshade asked.
 
“Keep your eyes open for that girl. I may not know absolutely everything about the humans and their emotions, but I do know that the one emotion that seems to connect between her and the Ghost Boy is the strongest they have.”
 
Nightshade's teeth gritted as he looked away. …Love…
 
“Master!”
 
Pariah and Nightshade turned, seeing a mass of black ravens appear from the floor and swirl around the small area they emerged from, breaking apart momentarily to reveal the Drifter, still surrounded by the ghost ravens. “You wanted to see me?”
 
“Just a moment, Your Majesty…” Nightshade said to Pariah before hovering towards Lisa. “My dear apprentice…come here…” He gently placed his hand on her back and walked her away from the area.
 
“Listen carefully.” Nightshade began. “I want you to lead the soldiers to the thief of the crown. They're the ones who will seize him; what I want you to worry about now is the destruction of the Halfa and his friends. Some of the troops shall go to the crown, but the others shall go and collect those pesky children. Once they practically toss them at your feet, obliterate them.”
 
Lisa nodded. “Understood. But…”
 
“But what?”
 
“Master, I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining or sound weak, but…I barely beat him last time!”
 
“True…” Nightshade spoke as the ravens circled around Lisa again. “But should you need help, just call my pets and they will be there to assist you.”
 
Lisa looked at the surrounding birds in slight uncertainty, but she nodded again.
 
“Also…”

Lisa looked back up, gasping and shivering slightly when Nightshade hastily grabbed her by her upper arms, their eyes locked.
 
“Those children may try to fool you again. No matter what, you must keep your mind on the mission. Come what may, you must kill them. Is that understood?”
 
Lisa looked down. “…Yes, Master…”
 
~
 
Later that night, Jazz walked up the stairs to her brother's room. She was about to knock before she saw her mother emerge from the nearby guest room, sighing slightly. “Jazz, sweetie, you're about to check on your brother?”

Jazz nodded.
 
“I appreciate that. He's acting so strangely lately; have you noticed? He's always either in his room or outside…he hardly ate anything during dinner…”
 
“I'll try to see what's up, Mom…” Jazz avowed with a smile, causing Maddie to smile back and attempt to walk away before the younger female took her hand, stopping her. “Wait…how's Vlad?” She asked; she wasn't honestly concerned about him, but she thought it would be smart to know what he was up to.
 
“He's…well, I don't really feel I should say `fine…'” Maddie spoke, her eyes looking off as she thought. “His left arm's been sprained, for one thing, but he's resting for now.” Jazz looked down with a nod, releasing her mother's hand. “Don't worry, Jazz; he'll be as good as new soon.” Maddie insisted as she knelt down to meet her daughter's eye level.
 
Jazz tried to smile, but it came out weak; the last thing she wanted was Vlad to be “good as new” again.
 
Maddie left the hallway and Jazz returned to the somewhat difficult task of speaking to her brother. She knocked on the door.
 
“Hello?”

“It's Jazz.”
 
“…Can't really talk at the moment, but come in if you really want.”
 
Jazz opened the door, seeing Danny on the computer, talking to his friends through web-cam chat.
 
Tucker looked to his left, seeing an empty spot on Danny's computer. [1] His face fell slightly; Summer wasn't here.
 
Sam's eyes widened somewhat then. “Wait a second!” She cried, causing both boys to turn to her.
 
“What?” Tucker asked.
 
“Danny, why are you so upset? The first time you met Ali, she was with Nightshade, right? But she still ended up turning to your side, right?”

“…Uh…right?” Danny answered, not getting where Sam was going.
 
“DANNY!” Sam cried in annoyance at how slow Danny was.
 
“…O--oh!” Danny cried, finally getting it. “But…there're two problems with your theory. 1: The only reason I slowly wore her down was because I saved her from someone who was meant to be her ally, and I doubt she'll be in danger like that again. 2: You saw how I already tried talking to her! I think she's gonna be harder to wake up than last time…”
 
“There can't be much harm in trying, right?” Sam pressed.
 
“Actually, if he tries, there will be harm. You saw how she attacked him!” Sam buried her face in her hands with a groan at Tucker's argument.
 
“Guys! Guys! Quit it!” Danny called, holding his palms up for emphasis. “This isn't helping!”

“But we gotta get her back!” Sam cried; she then gazed at Danny in a different way. “Wait…you're not giving up hope, are you?”
 
Danny's eyes widened. “W--what the heck are you talking about?! No, I'm not! I--I'm just…” He zipped his eyes around, trying to think. “…I'm just a little confused. Now we know why Nightshade kept sending all those ghost attacks, but…now that they've got Ali, or Lisa, technically, and he's also beside the Ghost King, why's he sending another ghost attack? The last time the Ghost King was awakened, he just came down after the town was in its darkest moment…and if this isn't a dark moment, I don't what is…
 
“Well…maybe he's still building up his strength.” Jazz commented.
 
Danny looked down, thinking, but he gasped, remembering. “…The crown…”

“Huh?” Both friends chorused.
 
“The crown! Remember? The Crown of Fire! That's what they want now!”
 
Sam and Tucker glanced at each other before slapping their foreheads, taken aback by their stupidity.
 
“That's why the Ghost King hasn't exactly made himself known yet…” Danny went on.
 
“But where's the crown now?” Tucker asked.
 
“The last time I saw it…” Danny thought aloud. “…It was in the hands of Vlad…”
 
“Ouch.” Sam and Tucker said while Jazz groaned, holding her head.
 
“But I doubt he has it on him right now…” Jazz said.
 
“The ghosts don't know that.” Danny said as he turned around to face his sister, placing his arm on the top of the chair.
 
“Besides…this whole thing is probably gonna end up being one big trick.”
 
Danny turned back to Sam. “What makes you say that?”
 
“I don't know; something's telling me that some sort of stab in the back is gonna happen in the Ghost Zone soon…”
 
Danny kept his eyes on the Goth until he shrugged and sighed. “As much as I'd love to see Vlad get pummeled again like he has been lately…they can't get the crown. They just can't. No matter what, we need to stop the Ghost King and Nightshade now more than ever.”
 
“But what about Ali?” Tucker asked.
 
Silence.
 
“…I don't know yet.” Danny's eyes went downcast while answering and, as such, saw the time at the bottom of the computer screen. His face paled.
 
7:00 P.M.
 
Where the heck did the time go?!
 
“Guys…l--look. It's be dark soon and…and I need to think some more, okay? And…I need you guys to stay out of this fight.”
 
“W--what?!” The two screeched.
 
“C'mon! It's not like I'll be on my own!” Danny persisted. “I'll have Danielle, Zero, Sapphire, and all the others, too! I just…just can't let you and Summer…please.” He didn't know how else to go on.
 
Sam and Tucker looked down.
 
“…You promise you'll be okay?” Tucker broke the silence.
 
Danny picked his head back up and smiled brightly. “Now who's losing hope?” He teased with a wink. “I'll be fine. I've been fine before lots of times!”
 
Tucker tried to smile back. “We know…” He said. “…But don't mess up that record! Good luck, Danny!” Those were his final words before shutting off his web-cam. Sam gave a sad gave, but shut hers off shortly afterward.
 
After his friends took their leave, Danny slid his chair somewhat away from the desk and sighed heavily again. Jazz gave him a sad smile, walked up to him and gave him a sweet kiss on the head. “I believe in you.” She whispered before leaving the room.
 
Danny turned toward his already-left sister and managed a smile. He then blinked and twisted his face. “Aw, jeez, she's gotta stop doing that!”
 
~
 
Later that night, when the sun was merely inches from setting, Summer was looking out her window, staring at the falling star, hugging herself. I don't wanna do this…I don't wanna see her like that again…
 
A knock came to the Punk's door. “Yeah, Mom?” She called, knowing it couldn't have been anyone else.
 
The door opened to reveal a woman named Helen, who had short brown hair and violet eyes. “Summer, baby, what's the matter?”

Summer couldn't tell her; how the heck could she understand? Alissa's parents seemed to understand and accept, but her mother was so different…don't get the wrong idea, she loved her mother, her mother loved her, and she was a good person…but that was just the problem; she's too much of a good person. Ever since her husband, Connor Jacobs, passed on, she had become far more overprotective of her daughter, who had become far more distant.
 
“…Nothing…just…bored.”
 
Helen walked over to Summer and wrapped her arms around her neck from behind. “Worried there'll be another ghost attack?”
 
Summer's breath hitched in her throat. “Uh…you could say that.”
 
Helen took a small moment to chuckle slightly. “You'd think we'd be used to ghosts by now…”
 
“Mm-hmm…”
 
“Besides, no matter how much we run around in shock and fear…”
 
Summer scoffed to herself. No, that's just you, Mom…
 
“…The ghosts never seem to be after us. Have you noticed?”
 
Summer hesitated before nodding slowly. “They gotta want something else than just flying around and making us scream, obviously…”
 
“…By the way, not to get into your personal life, but don't you usual call Alissa by now?”
 
Summer widened her eyes as something in her snapped. “Uh…she's…she's busy.” She lied quickly, looking down. But to her mother's great surprise, she whirled right around and hugged her tightly, her breathing heavy.
 
Helen was shocked, but held her back all the same. She also looked up to see the sun finally set.
 
**
 
“You all know what you're supposed to do, right?” Lisa spoke as she and many, many ghost soldiers hovered in the sky as the sun departed. They all nodded, growling. “Good…” Lisa then raised her hand up and made her Ecto-Blade appear. The moment she firmly grasped it in her hand, she struck it downwards towards the town.
 
“GO!”
 
**
 
Summer finally pulled herself from her mother, sniffling a little, but gasped in absolute horror when she saw that the sun had set. “Mom…I--I…I…”
 
“You what?” Helen asked gently. “…Summer?” She tried again when she received no response. She looked back at the empty sky, wondering what on Earth was wrong, but gasped when she saw a large number of ghost soldiers flying down.
 
Summer gasped and backed farther away towards her mother, and she gasped again when she caught a quick glimpse of the one leading the ghosts. A…Ali…
 
Helen gasped. “SUMMER, MOVE!!” She cried, pushing the said girl away. At that exact moment, one of the soldiers came bursting through the window, smashing it to many pieces. The shock of the impact caused Helen to cry out and fall to the ground unconscious.
 
“Mom!” Summer cried, running to Helen, but was stopped when the ghost landed right in front of her, reaching out, as if wanting to take her.
 
Summer roughly kicked her leg up, snapping the ghost's arm off. Both of them looked at the empty shoulder for a moment before the ghost began to charge at Summer again, who quickly rammed into him, causing him to fall out the window, smashing into many pieces.
 
“Hey!” Summer called down, waving at the ghost with its own severed arm. “I think you forgot something!” She then dropped the arm down and it landed on the soldier's face, or skull-head, rather.
 
Summer quickly ran to Helen, shaking her. “Mom! Mom!” She tried again and again. Her eyes wavered, but she then narrowed them. She knelt down, hugged her mother, and whispered, “I'll come back…” before running out the door and out of the apartment completely.
 
**
 
Valerie finally began to come to and realized she was on her bed. She tried to get up, but she hissed in pain and grabbed her chest before falling back onto her bed. She looked up to see Damon sitting on a chair watching her, hastily getting up when he saw her fall back against the bed in pain. “Are you alright, Valerie?”
 
“D…Da--ad?” Valerie croaked out. She then gasped when she saw some bandages wrapped around Damon's arms and legs. “Dad, what happened to you?” She cried, sitting up a little and ignoring the pain as best she could.
 
“These?” Damon spoke, looking at each of his injuries. “Oh…that ghost girl you were fighting sure does pack a punch…” His eyes became hard. “Speaking of which…”

Valerie gulped; this could only end in popped eardrums.
 
WHAT were you THINKING, VALERIE?!” Damon yelled; Valerie winced and leaned back a little. “Do I honestly need to lock your door and windows and strap you to your bed?!”
 
“You don't get it, Dad!” Valerie yelled right back. “Ghost hunting…it's like a part of me now! And this is also one suit you can't take away from me this time!”
 
“Valerie…!”
 
“Dad, don't you remember? Ghosts are the ones who ruined our lives! Especially the Ghost Boy…” Valerie clenched her fist and stared at its direction for a brief moment before turning back to her father. “I don't really know, or really CARE, how I got this new suit; all I do know and care about is that it's stronger, faster, better! You don't need to be afraid or worry about me anymore! Yeah, I got hurt, but I'm not dead, am I?!”
 
“Valerie, are you even listening to yourself?!” Damon cried, grabbing Valerie by the arms and fighting the urge to shake her senseless. “Look, of course I haven't forgotten how ghosts got us where we are, but I also haven't forgotten that you are my daughter, and as such, I refuse to just sit here and let you put your life at risk!”
 
“Dad--!” Valerie's attempted argument stopped short in surprise when Damon suddenly pulled her into his arms in a tight embrace.
 
“Valerie…I love you…and…you're practically the only one who believes in me anymore…I…I can't bear the thought of losing you…I'd rather ghosts make me lose a hundred more jobs other than you…”
 
Valerie's arms were frozen for many moments before slowly rising and holding her father back. “…Dad…that won't happen. They won't get me. I can promise you that…”
 
Just then, Danny and Dani flew into the room. “Grays!” Dani screeched. “You gotta get out of here!”
 
Damon and Valerie gasped, but Valerie's face quickly twisted to show pure rage. “Just what the heck do you think you're doing here?!” She cried, but then grabbed her chest in pain again.
 
“The ghosts! They're coming back! And some of them are coming here!” Danny cried.
 
“You mean besides you?!” Damon yelled.
 
“We're not here to attack you!” Dani yelled back. “Do you wanna live or not?!”
 
“That's what I should be asking YOU!” Valerie shouted. [2] She suddenly reached under her pillow, pulling out another gun. [3] She then fired at the two half-ghosts, who quickly dodged the blast.
 
“Jeez!” Dani cried as she looked at the male Phantom. “She's nuts!”
 
“Valerie, listen! I know you don't trust me, but--!!” Danny couldn't finish for, at that moment, the wall right behind them burst open, revealing four of the skeletal soldiers. Everyone screamed.
 
“I got these creeps!” Valerie affirmed, but her gun fell to the floor as her knees did as she once more clutched herself in pain. Damon quickly knelt to her aid.
 
“This is the last time I'm gonna say this: GET OUT!” Danny ordered, but he descended slowly so that he and Valerie were at eye level. “…Please…”
 
Valerie saw something in the Ghost Boy's almost entrancing green eyes just then. She had HATED admitting it, but for a disgusting poltergeist…he was more attractive than more than half the boys at her school. There was that, and just now…something else was clear on his face other than his handsomeness…but Valerie couldn't make it clear to herself.
 
Damon suddenly nodded and swept his daughter into his arms. She was too weak to protest. He then ran out of the room. Danny and Dani then turned back to the ghosts, ready to fight.
 
~
 
As more and more ghost soldiers came swooping down, Jazz was watching through the window, the Ghost Shield safely over the house. She gasped when she noticed the specific destinations of the ghosts.
 
“Mom! Dad!” Jazz called. “I think the Foleys and the Mansons are in danger!” As she spoke, she turned around, meeting Lisa face-to-face.
 
“Bingo.”
 
Jazz's shriek quickly caused her parents to come to her faster. They gasped at whom they saw. “You!” Jack roared, pointing at the Drifter. “I KNEW you weren't trustworthy! How'd you even get past the shield?!”
 
“Don't get your humanoid undergarments into a twist, old man.” Lisa sneered. “And it's better not to ask questions; especially considering the fact that your daughter is right, and that your friends are in danger.”
 
“…Why are you informing us?” Maddie asked, her eyebrow rising. “Is this some sort of trick?”
 
“Hey, you can believe that if you want to, but the fact remains that those families need help.”
 
Jack and Maddie exchanged glances. Lisa smirked and began to fly upwards. “I'll be taking my leave.” She went on as she turned intangible. “Oh, and one more thing…don't worry about me returning with you gone and your daughter and friend all alone; I've done my part…”
 
With Lisa gone, Maddie's fists clenched. “…We have no choice…” She placed her hands on Jazz's shoulders. “We won't be gone long, we promise. The Ghost Shield will keep you and Vlad safe; don't worry!”
 
“Mom, I'm not worried! I know! Now go! Go help the others!” Jazz cried. “…But will the RV fit everybody?”

“Of course it will!” Jack declared. “Didn't I tell you that we were always ready for these kinds of situations?”
 
Maddie gave her daughter a loving kiss on the forehead before departing with Jack. Jazz watched from the window as the Fenton Family Ghost Assault Vehicle (The Fenton Ghost RV) drove away speedily.
 
Was that…Jazz thought. …Wasn't that…Ali? As Lisa? Oh, man, Danny wasn't kidding when he said Ali got brainwashed! But…why would she warn us about this…is she regaining her senses? …Or…Her head shot up with a gasp. “…Oh, no…” She quickly darted up the stairs.
 
Jazz ran all the way up to the room where Vlad rested. She gasped, however, when she saw that all was well. Vlad was still asleep on the bed and, though the window was open, the shield kept any ghosts from coming in.
 
Jazz's breath hitched in her throat when she saw Vlad awaken. “…Jasmine?” He croaked slightly, attempting to get up, but failing and falling back against the bed in pain.
 
“Uh…never mind…” Jazz said as she attempted to leave the room, but gasped and quickly whirled around when she saw the Ghost Shield slowly turn black. Vlad followed Jazz's gaze and his face paled as well.
 
Lisa's hand was placed on the shield, causing energy to crackle, but she didn't feel it as she used the power of darkness to enshroud the shield. Three ghost soldiers were behind her, waiting for her to finish the job.
 
Lisa pulled her hand away as the power covered the entire shield. It flicked for a brief moment before shattering, the Ghost Shield Generator snapping and fizzling as it burst apart. Lisa turned to the soldiers, smiling. “I'll leave the rest to you.” She said before flying away.
 
The soldiers then burst into the room, all three of them reaching for Vlad, who quickly jumped back, though he grabbed his right arm, which appeared to be broken. He gritted his teeth and transformed, trying to fight the ghosts using only his left arm. (And eyes.)
 
Jazz ran out of the room, but one of the soldiers followed her. She screamed and quickly ran into her room, the ghost crashing into her door and falling to pieces.
 
As it slowly came back together, Jazz breathed heavily through her teeth. She had no idea what to do; the one time her brilliant mind was needed for something besides school, and it could come up with nothing!
 
Danny, help!
 
~
 
Jeremy, Pamela, and Sam Manson all fell to the ground of the Town Square, looking up in fear at the skeletal soldiers who captured them. Sam then looked up with a gasp when she saw more soldiers coming, holding Tucker and his parents in their grip as well. [4] After being dropped, Tucker fell to the ground beside Sam with an “OOF!”
 
“Why are we here?!” Pamela whined as she gripped her husband's arm, who, in turn, gripped her shoulder.
 
“It's a pitiful reason why, actually…” Everybody looked up to see Lisa gracefully land on the ground from the sky, the skeletal soldiers hovering around the two families, circling them. “Although I have nothing personal against you, your children must die.”
 
“What?! Never!” Maurice cried, grabbing Tucker and pulling him close, his wife following his actions. The Mansons were doing the same with their daughter.
 
Lisa shook her head in mock sympathy, her head reflexively lolling to the right, where the Mansons were. She did a double-take when her almost soulless red eyes met Sam's terrified lavender ones. Besides last night, she had never met this girl before…at least, she didn't think she did…yet she quickly gained a deep, dark hatred burning within her by merely gazing at her.
 
Keeping a dark face, Lisa slowly flew closer to the Mansons, quickly causing them to huddle closer together. She swiftly grabbed Sam's arm, causing her to gasp. Before the parents could protest, Lisa waved her other hand over them and they were blasted back, screaming.
 
“Mom! Dad!” Sam screamed as she watched her parents skid across the ground. She turned her head back to Lisa, whose eyes continued to bore into hers in a deadly manner.
 
“Somehow…I feel I should eliminate you first…” The Drifter hissed gently, raising her hand up and making her Ecto-Blade appear in it. Sam screamed, but Lisa speedily whirled her around, now holding her by her hand wrapped around her mouth. “Don't do that.” She said as she brought the glowing sword to the Goth's neck.
 
NOOO, SAAAAAM!!!” Tucker screamed at the top of his lungs, trying to break away from his parents.
 
“ALI, DON'T!!
 
Lisa turned to see Summer behind her. She slowly walked forward, tears threatening to fall. “…Please…”
 
The soldiers were about to attack her, but Lisa commanded them to stay at ease. Keeping her eyes on the Punk, she threw the Goth to the ground, who began to breath heavily.
 
“Sam!” Tucker cried. He finally released himself from his parents and ran to his friend, holding her head up a little.
 
Lisa slowly walked over to Summer, who tried her hardest to hold her ground. Lisa's face was unreadable, but she suddenly grabbed her by the neck. “Don't interrupt me again.” She said as she then threw her across to the two families. “Also…” She glared darkly at the soldiers. “Your orders were `EACH AND EVERY COMRADE TO THE GHOST BOY AS WELL AS THEIR RELATIVES!!'” They all winced.
 
“Whatever…I'm still taking the girl in black down first.” Lisa declared as she quickly paced back toward the hostages with her blade in hand, all the kids huddling around each other, the parents crying out.
 
Suddenly, a bright red ray shot down and threw Lisa to the ground. As she struggled to get up, she gasped at whom she saw.
 
Vlad Plasmius landed on the ground, though he wobbled as he grabbed his arm again.
 
“Y--you?! But what about--?!” Lisa began, but, almost on cue, the two soldiers who tried to capture Vlad fell from the sky, wounded from an obvious brief battle.
 
“I see…so this is why that ghost wanted you first…to make you his little slave…” Vlad spoke. “But you're rather frail. How does he expect you to make capturing me easier?” He added with a smirk.
 
The kids of Team Phantom all smacked their foreheads; this was gonna end in splattered ectoplasm everywhere…
 
Lisa's eyes glowed bright red and she fired at the wicked Halfa, but he flew up and fired his own Ghost Ray at her, though he, too, missed. Lisa gave him a cold look. “I'll hand-deliver you myself if I have to!”
 
~
Damon ran out of the apartment, still carrying Valerie in his arms. He could hear the sounds of battle from the apartment and began to slightly question his outlook on the Ghost Boy more. He stopped running and took a few steps back when he saw the Fenton RV stop in front of him. Maddie quickly slammed the door open. “Damon! Get in! Quick!”
 
Damon was all too glad to comply and got in carefully so he wouldn't disturb his daughter, though she woke up anyway. “Mm…D--Dad?”
 
“It's alright, Valerie…” Damon spoke. “Stay calm.”
 
“You might wanna hold onto something!” Jack suggested with an almost mischievous smile. “It's gonna be a bumpy ride.”
 
Damon quickly grasped onto the seat and Valerie grasped onto him as the RV drove off at top speed once more.
 
~
 
Lisa cried out as she skidded across the ground, holding her arm. She gasped as she looked up, seeing Vlad coming down on her, a fist strike approaching.
 
Lisa quickly brought her hands to her mouth and started whistling in an almost haunting melodic manner.
 
Almost instantly, many of Nightshade's black ravens came flying across, either smacking Vlad or attacking him with Ghost Rays from their mouths, giving Lisa time to roll out of the way before the elder Halfa crashed into the ground, still being harassed by the birds.
 
Lisa got up from the ground and crossed her arms, taking pleasure in watching. However, a bright red explosion arose and the birds went flying everywhere before disappearing. Lisa watched in horror as Vlad rose and blasted at her, causing her to fall to the ground. She then looked up to see Vlad coming closer.
 
“GET AWAY FROM HER!!” Summer screamed before launching herself at Vlad, wrapping her arms around his neck in a death grip. As he yelled and cursed for her to get off, Lisa's eyes became wide. Why'd she do that?!
 
Lisa didn't really have time to ponder over it for, at that moment, she looked off in the distance to see the Fenton RV driving toward them at lightening speed. As it came closer and closer, many guns came out from the top. One gun shot a beam and blasted Vlad away from Summer while the other guns shot at the skeletal soldiers. The RV then sped past Lisa to the families. Maddie burst open the door. “Everyone! Inside! Now!”
 
Tucker and his family quickly climbed in, Tucker surprised to see Damon and Valerie, but set questions aside for a different time. As Sam's parents tried to pull Sam into the RV, she broke free and helped Summer to her feet first. “We gotta get out of here!”
 
“B--but--but Ali!”
 
“NOW, Summer!” As Sam slung the Punk's arm over her neck, she added, “…I'm sorry…”
 
Lisa watched as the girls got away and quickly leapt back to her feet. “You're not going--!” Her threat was stopped short when another blast hit her in the chest. As she fell back, Sam and Summer saw that tanks from the GiW were approaching.
 
“Get IN!” Sam demanded as she shoved Summer into the RV, the Punk giving Lisa a final sad gaze before relinquishing and climbing in.
 
As the RV drove away, the tanks came up. Lisa got up and growled. She then looked to her side, seeing that Vlad wasn't getting up. He was still extremely weak from their last encounter. Lisa turned back to see the tanks coming closer. The GiW inside targeted the Drifter and fired. She fired at the missile, destroying it, but more came raining down. She kept flying out of the way, but fell to the ground when a lightening ray struck her.
 
After her crash, Lisa brought her hands to her mouth and whistled for the ravens again.
 
To her extreme surprise and alarm, they didn't come.
 
With a cry, Lisa rolled away and attempted to keep firing at the missiles, though some she had to move away from. She noticed that as the skeletal soldiers got back to their feet, some of the GiW came out in person and fired at them with guns and lasers from their cufflinks.
 
Lisa then saw that they began shooting at the other ghosts she had met last night that were being led by Zero and Sapphire. “Ali, run!” Zero called to her.
 
“Quit calling me that!” Lisa called back, her fists beginning to ripple in black energy. “And I don't need your help!”
 
Zero's teeth gritted, but Sapphire tightly locked her hand into his. “Stop…it's not her fault.”
 
“I know, I know, but…”
 
“Look out!” Dragon Dora cried before attacking an approaching missile with her flame breath, destroying it. Then, the transformed Cujo quickly barged into the grouped GiW, knocking them over.
 
“SAPPHIRE!” Zero suddenly screamed. Sapphire quickly turned to see one of the GiW in an ecto-suit, quickly flying up to her with a gun in hand.
 
Before she could even scream, two bright green Ghost Rays flew out and hit the operative square in the chest, throwing him to the ground. Sapphire smiled with a soft giggle as she looked up.
 
Danny and Dani flew down as quickly as they could. “Sorry we're late!” Danny called.
 
As the GiW dealt with these ghosts, the skeletal soldiers quietly crept away…
 
Lisa looked on, watching the allies fight alongside and protect each other. I don't understand…what is this strange…hole-like feeling within me? Lisa thought as her hand subconsciously slithered to her chest, where one's heart would be. Suddenly, her hand began clenching her chest, taking a fistful of the material of her top. Where were my master's pets?!
 
~
 
Meanwhile, back in the Ghost Zone, Pariah was watching the chaos via Nightshade's crystal ball as he sat upon his throne. His face was dark. Why has she not stripped the elder half-ghost of my crown? Unbeknownst to him, Nightshade's ghost ravens quietly fluttered into the room. They gently started flapping their wings rapidly, causing a black mist to appear.
 
Pariah began coughing slightly, mostly out of shock. “N--NIGHTSHADE!!” He roared, cruelly firing at the birds. As they avoided his attack, one of them quickly flew over to him and snatched the Ring of Rage from his hand by his mouth. It speedily flew away along with its comrades back to the approaching Nightshade.
 
“Forgive me, my king; they can be simply impossible when jaded…” Nightshade explained as he sent false-anger faces at his pets.
 
If looks could kill, Pariah would be able to cause the entire Ghost Zone to be heavily filled in less than 3 minutes. “See to it that it never happens again; I'm in a rather merciful mood, but it will NOT LAST LONG.
 
Nightshade bowed, secretly smirking…
 
~
As the battle continued, Danny looked down to see Lisa firing at some of the GiW, not noticing the large energy building up from within one of the bigger guns.
 
Danny had attempted to cry out to her, but was harshly blasted by one of the operatives, causing him to crash into the ground. Dani screamed in horror, glared at the man who attacked him, and quickly flew toward him, Sapphire shortly following to protect her.
 
Danny groaned as he looked up, seeing Lisa still attacking and the gun still charging.
 
“ALI!!” Danny screamed, but Lisa continued attacking the other GiW.
 
Danny tightly clenched the ground beneath him and screamed at the top of his lungs…
 
“LISA!!!”
 
Lisa widened her eyes. “…W--wha…?” Surprised that he had relented in calling her by the other name, Lisa actually did attempt to turn towards Danny, but saw the upcoming blast in the process. She screamed.
 
Danny mustered all his remaining strength and leaped forward.
 
Danny grabbed Lisa by the arms and shoved her out of the way of the attack.
 
When the two ethereal beings landed on the ground, everybody either gasped, ceased firing, or simply stared.
 
Lisa groaned as she opened her eyes; she then blinked them rapidly in shock as she saw what was above her. Danny was still on top of her and his hands remained on her arms. He was breathing heavily, but managed to speak. “Are you…alright?”
 
Lisa seemed to have forgotten how to speak. Her eyes stayed wide and locked onto the bright green ones over her. Many things swarmed around in her head, the top thoughts being, WHERE IN THE GHOST ZONE WERE MY MASTER'S PETS?! WHY DID THE GHOST BRAT SAVE ME?!
 
…What is this feeling?
 
“Fire!”
 
Danny turned and gasped, seeing the GiW beginning to attack again. He quickly wrapped his arm around Lisa's waist and flew forward at top speed.
 
Lisa's eyes were still glued to Danny, and he gazed back at her after a moment. However, he then cried out in pain and fell to the ground, Lisa obviously following. She gasped when she saw that he was blasted in the back.
 
“Lisa…get out of here…” Danny groaned.
 
Lisa bit her lip. Something was definitely off…
 
The GiW fired again, but Lisa threw her arm from the left to the right, forming a red shield. As it absorbed all of the blasts, Lisa realized what she just did. Her thoughts ceased, however, when Danny started to rise.
 
“Lisa, please! Get out of here! It's you they want!”
 
Lisa's eyes narrowed. “Don't bark orders at me, Phantom! You're not my master! I'm giving you the slip for now, but only because defeating you should be MY pleasure, not theirs!” As she spoke, she attempted to stand up but she fell back to the ground, hissing in pain as her hands instinctively grabbed at her leg, which held a darkening bruise.
 
“Well, would you look at this?” Lisa spat. “Looks like your little heroism earlier didn't stop that big blast from hitting my leg!”
 
Danny got to his hands and knees. He saw the wound and curled his lips into his mouth. He then outstretched his hand to Lisa. “Take it!”
 
“…What?”
 
“Just take my hand! You gotta trust me!”
 
Lisa gave him an unsure glance, but she kept her eyes on his as she slowly placed her hand into his. He gripped it tightly and pulled her upwards with it, causing her to slightly land on his back. “Hold on!” He called.
 
Almost instinctively, Lisa's left arm went around Danny's left shoulder while her right arm went around his waist, stretching across his chest. Both her hands grabbed each other, securely locking her to the Halfa. Feeling that she was set, Danny quickly flew forward, hoping that the GiW would follow them.
 
And follow them they did.
 
“What're you DOING?!” Lisa shrieked.
 
“I told you: trust me!” Danny yelled back.
 
Lisa gave him a look but she held her head closer to his back and gripped her hands together tighter as he continued to fly.
 
“Danny!” Zero called, about to follow, before he saw the quick glance from the Halfa. Stay! It told him. Zero nodded and resumed attacking the tanks and operatives who decided to stay with these ghosts.
 
As Danny continued to fly off with Lisa locked onto him, she looked behind them to see the other tanks beginning to catch up. As she began to turn her face back forward, she gaped her mouth open at another discovery.
 
Danny's leg was bleeding.
 
He must've gotten that when he rescued me…Lisa realized with wide eyes. She turned her head back to him and gasped at what she saw.
 
The young man's face looked extremely determined. His teeth were gritted, his eyes were narrowed, and his snow-white hair blew fiercely in the friction wind as his somewhat tanner skin glittered in the moonlight. [5]
 
Lisa kept her gaze on him, not fully aware of why. She began to hear this odd buzzing hum in her head, and it slowly became a word.
 
“…Lisa…Lisa…LISA!”
“H--huh?”
 
“Listen, I need your help!”
 
“What is it?”

As Danny told her, the tanks became closer and closer. Suddenly, large cannon-like shooters appeared from the top of the tanks. As they targeted on the two, they quickly spun around.
 
“NOW! SHOOT RIGHT AFTER ME!”
 
Danny then blasted at the tanks with both hands, one blast going into one of the cannon holes. Lisa released her grip on Danny and hovered just behind him, blasting into two other cannon holes.
 
They continued this method with the other cannon holes until they saw the tanks begin to crack and smoke.
 
“…And now we have to fly.” Danny spoke, the two of them quickly flying away.
 
Right after their departure, the tanks exploded, the GiW operating them getting blasted into the air.
 
“Yes!” Danny cried as he flew, doing little flips as he did so.
 
Lisa stared at him confusingly. “…Do you do this after every victory?”
 
Danny turned to her; he had semi-forgotten that she was no longer on his side…but it felt so much like it earlier…he slowly flew closer to her. “…Lisa…”
 
Lisa edged a little farther away, her face showing confusion; not just toward Danny, but toward herself as well.
 
They both suddenly heard many screams and turned when they saw the Fenton RV being held up high in the sky by the skeletal soldiers.
 
“Oh, my gosh!” Danny cried. “Mom! Dad! Everyone!”
 
“I've got them.”
 
Danny and Lisa turned to see Vlad suddenly fly up from almost nowhere; he then winced and grabbed his side again. Danny lowered his eyelids; no doubt was he only interested in this to save his mom.
 
“I highly suggest that you head back home, Daniel; you'll be more needed there.”
 
“How so?” Danny countered, crossing his arms.
 
The Halfa then gasped.
 
“Jazz!”
 
Danny quickly turned, trying to ignore the pain in his leg. Right before he zoomed off, he felt a hand grab his.
 
“What do you think you're doing?!”

Danny turned to meet Lisa's crimson eyes.
 
“Doesn't this just scream `TRAP' to you?!”
 
“She's my sister. I gotta go!” Danny took his hand away and flew off again, Vlad closely following as he flew off towards the captured RV.
 
Lisa just floated there, her eyes on the retreating Halfa. Why was he doing this? So what if she was his sister? He goes there, he's DEAD!
 
Lisa began to feel that hole in her chest again. She gently placed her hand on her chest while still staring at the Fenton residence. With narrowed eyes, she followed the Ghost Boy.
 
Meanwhile, at the hanging RV, the kids and their parents were screaming as they held onto the seats, or each other, for dear life.
“Make it STO-O-O-OP!!” Tucker whined as the RV shook.
 
“Jack! Why aren't you firing the weapons?!” Maddie cried.
 
“Um…” Jack started, embarrassed. “…I haven't really set up the weapons to attack while upside-down…”
 
Maddie gave him a look and then sighed. “Everybody hold on!” She said as she pulled her hood over her head and pulled out an ecto-gun. “I'll take care of them, but hold on; we could have a rough landing.” With that, she swung out through the window.
 
Jack then gazed around the RV like any other man would his prized car. “…What did she mean by that?”
 
“After we crash, I don't think I wanna be here with him…” Summer whispered to Sam, who nodded.
 
Maddie held onto the RV as she fired at the soldiers, blasting them apart. However, one of them, who was one of the only three left, let go of the RV in order to attack Maddie, causing the other soldiers to not be able to keep the RV up so and the side that had no one holding it tilted downward slightly, everybody screaming, and Jack ramming into the front window, his face squished against it. (XDXDXD)
 
As soon as the RV began to plummet, Maddie held on tighter, but the soldier then slashed her across her side with his sword, making her lose her balance. She screamed as she fell, but her fell abruptly ended as Vlad caught her in his arms. She looked at him in surprise as he smiled at her, a smile that seemed to be a cross between wickedness…and flirtatious. (XP)
 
Vlad gently set her down and before she could question him, he went back to the slipping RV. As he flew upward, he saw the pressed-face Jack. “…Attractive.” He said sarcastically before firing at the final two soldiers, causing the RV to plummet, but he quickly took hold of it and set it down gently, though the skeletal soldiers dove at him again.
 
“Maddie!” Jack cried, jumping out of the RV and grabbing his wife's hand, pulling her back into the RV and getting ready to drive away.
 
“What was that all about?” Maddie asked, turning and watching Vlad getting attacked.
 
Summer, who had gained a deep, burning hatred for Vlad, spoke up. “Who cares?! Let's just get the crud OUTTA HERE!!” At the last statement, Summer rammed her foot against the pedal, sending the RV off.
 
As the RV drove away, the soldiers attacking Vlad suddenly stopped, their eyes becoming wide from surprise. They looked down at the deeply bruised man before them as he then transformed back, grunting and groaning as he raised his lower body with extreme difficulty. He looked up at the ghosts with just as much surprise in his eyes as theirs.
 
The ghosts then exchanged looks before one of them flew away, though one of them stayed. Vlad struggled to stand and succeeded, and realized what the matter was.
 
They had learned that he did not possess the Crown of Fire.
 
While that happened, Danny quickly flew back into his house. He went through a still closed window, glass exploding everywhere; he didn't bother to go intangible; his sister needed him!
 
Upon landing and bringing his head back up, Danny gasped in absolute horror when he saw Jazz unconscious on the ground, her slightly torn clothes revealing that she had tried to defend herself.
 
Danny quickly flew to Jazz and held her head up, crying for her to wake up. He didn't even receive a moan as a response. He then looked up to see two skeletal soldiers, one of them was the one who led him here and the other one was apparently the one who attacked Jazz.
 
Danny growled darkly, ready to strike, but he then heard a rumbling sound and noticed rubble falling from the ceiling.
 
“…Danny…”
 
“J--Jazz?!”
 
The aqua eyes of Danny's sister had opened, though just slightly. “…Get…out of here…it's a trap…they…sliced the roof…”
 
It was true. The ghosts had deepened the cut on the rooftop that the household had gained on the very first ghost attack. The house was caving in!
 
Lisa gasped as she hovered just outside the house, realizing the danger as well. What is he doing?! He's gotta get out! She turned invisible and looked through the shattered window, seeing Danny fight the soldiers, and his sister, who had been able to sit on her knees, begging him to leave before they all got crushed.
 
“I'm NOT leaving without you, Jazz! I thought you were smarter than that!” Danny yelled as he hurled one of the soldiers into the wall. “You always make yourself SOUND like it!”
 
Jazz couldn't answer, but dropped her head as tears fell.
 
Lisa's eyes became more and more wide. She could tell that Danny knew how close it was before the roof fell in, but she also could tell that he wasn't leaving until these ghosts would let him get to Jazz. Her mouth suddenly felt dry and she had slowly brought her hands to her throat.
 
I…can't speak…but even if I could…what would I wanna say? The Drifter's thoughts cut off when she heard Danny scream in pain as he crashed into the wall.
She heard the redhead scream his name.
Her fists clenched.
She wouldn't do it…
She wouldn't do it…
 
Danny looked up in horror as he saw the soldiers advance upon his de-transformed state; it was over…he failed…
 
Suddenly, two bright red Ghost Rays shot out and shattered the soldiers.
 
Danny and Jazz gasped in shock at who their savior was.
 
“Grab him! Now!”
 
Jazz quickly scrambled to her feet and practically squeezed her brother. Nobody saw, but Danny had grabbed something as well…
 
~
Jack and Maddie gasped in terror when they saw their home beginning to cave in, the kids shortly following.
 
Maddie screamed; to her knowledge, Vlad and her children were still in there.
 
“Summer! HARDER!!” Jack called to the Punk, who was still pressing onto the pedal while all Jack did was handle the wheel.
 
But as they looked on, they knew they weren't going to make it…
 
The damaged half of the roof finally broke away from the rest and crashed into the house, destroying it.
 
Seconds afterward, the people in the RV got out and stared at the destruction.
 
“NOOOOOOO!!!” Maddie shrieked, her hands at the sides of her face as if ready to clutch them, yet all they did was twitch and tremble in horror.
 
However, Sam noticed something and gasped, pointing upward. “Look!”
 
Everybody followed Sam's gaze and gaped their mouths open.
 
Lisa Phantasm held Jazz in her arms as Jazz held Danny in her own, the Fenton kids waving to their friends and families as Lisa slowly landed.
 
The moment the Drifter's feet reached the ground, Danny and Jazz sprung up and grabbed their parents, all of them sobbing in relief. The other kids ran to them as well, everyone sharing hugs.
 
“Uh, Jazz…” Danny said softly. When he had gotten her attention, Danny reached into his shirt and pulled out Bearburt, Jazz's beloved teddy bear.
 
Danny's rescue was rewarded by Jazz's gasp, squeal, and near suffocation of him as she grabbed him and hugged him.
 
As they went on, Lisa stared at them, many emotions flickering around in her mind and heart like a moth to flame. Why had she done that? Why did she rescue them? For some reason or another, she couldn't stand the thought of the Ghost Boy losing everything through such a noble act. The emotion that she felt between him and his sister seemed to speak to her, almost shout, commanding that she didn't let this feeling go to waste.
 
“But where's Vlad?” Jack asked as he held his daughter again.
 
“Behind you.” Lisa answered simply.
 
Though confused, everybody turned, and they indeed saw Vlad, still conscious, though he was being carried by one of the skeletal soldiers. The ghost had turned to Lisa and shook his head, causing her to gasp. He then practically dropped him to the ground before flying away from the rubble.
 
“Vladdie!” Jack cried as he and Maddie ran to him, hoisting him up.
 
“You needn't worry about him anymore.” Lisa crossed her arms. “Apparently…he doesn't have what we're looking for.” With that, she turned and was about to leave.
 
“Lisa…”
 
At the sound of her name, she had picked her head up, realizing that it was Danny who had spoken to her, though she didn't turn to him.
 
“Why? Why did you…save us? Not that we're not grateful, but…” As he spoke, Jazz had walked up to be beside her brother, her face showing that she was wondering the same question.
 
Lisa's eyes narrowed at first, but they then softened. “…I'm…not sure…” She then totally turned and pointed to Danny. “But this better not make you feel completely safe, you stupid boy. Lord Pariah, as well as my Master, will have this world in the palm of their hands, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Relish your pathetic salvaged little lives for now, for they will end soon enough.” She flew away, her words piercing Danny to the very soul; that wasn't the answer he had so hoped for…
 
Jazz pulled Danny into a gentle hug as the adults conversed upon what they were going to do now.
 
~
 
It wasn't very pleasant in the Ghost Zone when Pariah had learned that Vlad wasn't in possession of the crown. Some of the pillars and statues within his throne room were destroyed via his anger.
 
“Your Majesty, please! Compose yourself!” Nightshade spoke. “Just because he did not have the crown with him does not mean that it will not be found…nor does it mean he doesn't have it at all. As we speak, my sweet pets are thoroughly examining his residence; I assure you, everything will be fine.”
 
Pariah still didn't look too convinced. “You said…that by tonight, all would be well. Even if I did have my crown, you also said that the Ghost Boy would be abolished!”
 
“But he is, my king!” Nightshade protested, utterly confused. He had planned the entire cave-in, hoping that Danny and his sister would have met their doom there.
 
“Is that so?” Pariah had pointed to Nightshade's crystal ball, which simply leaned against the wall. Nightshade flew over to it and gasped at what he saw.
 
The house was, indeed, destroyed, but not only were Danny and Jazz safe…Lisa was just now flying away after what appeared to be a brief conversation with the Ghost Boy.
 
Nightshade could feel his hands beginning to clench and his teeth cracking.
 
“MASTER!”
 
Speak of the devil.
 
Nightshade turned and saw an extremely angry Lisa Phantasm at the doorway of the Throne Room. She was breathing heavily and through her teeth. “My king…I mean absolutely no disrespect, but I must speak with Master Nightshade ALONE…
 
“You have my permission.” Pariah answered. Before Nightshade left, Pariah had hissed a final statement in a venomous whisper. “Fix this.”
 
With a nod, Nightshade flew out of the room and shared in Lisa's angry glare.
 
“What have you done?” Nightshade ordered.
 
“By looking at your face, it's obvious that you already know.”
 
The games were over in a millisecond. Nightshade grabbed Lisa by her arms and pulled her dangerously close.
 
“What were you doing that led to this?!”
 
“I was working on getting rid of his little teammates, but I got sidetracked by other ridiculous humans! And even though it worked the first time, the second time I tried to call your pets, they didn't come!”
 
Nightshade gulped a little inside. “…It doesn't matter if my pets came or not! You were supposed to stay focused!” He yelled, throwing her back.
 
You haven't!” Lisa suddenly cried as she regained her footing.
 
“…What?!”
 
“Whatever you called your little birds back for, it made me take stupid risks! I almost got nailed!” Lisa yelled, standing on her toes so that her face jutted more towards Nightshade.
 
“Don't you DARE speak to me that way!” Nightshade roared, throwing his hand back, ready to strike her.
 
Lisa gasped.
 
Nightshade stopped in his tracks, knowing that this would only make matters worse. He lowered his hand.
“Well, you're obviously fine, now aren't you?” He said calmly.
 
“Yeah…but only because the Ghost Boy rescued me!”
 
That caused everything in Nightshade to snap slightly. “…Excuse me?”
 
“That's right. The one who you keep claiming is my enemy kept me from having much more than just this wound on my leg!” Lisa cried as she motioned to the said leg. “He could've easily left me to those ghost hunters after all I did to him, but he DIDN'T!” Earlier, the Drifter had tried to hide the emotion in her voice, but when she had begun failing, she had stopped trying altogether.
 
“What did I just get through to you?! You were NOT meant to associate with the Ghost Boy or his companions unless it was going to lead to their deaths!” Nightshade's voice sounded like it was becoming desperate.
 
I DIDN'T ASSOCIATE WITH HIM, HE SAVED ME!!
 
“Then why did YOU save HIM from the collapsing house?!”
 
“…I don't know, okay?!” Lisa's voice was breaking. “After him saving me, and working together with him to defeat the ghost hunters, and watching him so desperately trying to save his relative…it made me feel…l--lonely…and that if I didn't rescue him, I'd be lonely forever…” A tear slipped down her face. “…Master…what's happening to me…?”
 
Nightshade brought his hands to Lisa's face, tilting her head up and making her look at him. “Lisa…I do apologize for my pets not coming when you called, and making you feel like I had abandoned you, but I had so hoped that you didn't need them for one simple moment…”
 
“…For what?”
 
Nightshade took his hands from the girl and reached into his chest armor, pulling out the Ring of Rage.
 
Lisa gasped. “T--THAT'S--!!”
 
Nightshade quickly covered Lisa's mouth and transported them to his room. “Apprentice, you're going to have to not do that…”
 
“…Master, I don't understand…”
 
“Isn't it obvious? Soon we shall overthrow `Lord Pariah' and take both the Ghost Zone and the human world for ourselves!”
 
Lisa pondered over Nightshade's words before her eyes became larger, which was surprisingly possible. “Master…do you have the crown?”
 
“I've had it the entire time…” Nightshade smirked wickedly as he proved this fact by walking over to one of the statues in his room and simply waved his hand over the head of the creature, the invisibility over the crown washing away. He took it into his hands and turned back to the shock-ridden face of his apprentice. “Lisa…we must continue this in the human world.” He said before they both disappeared.
 
They had reappeared high in the sky, hovering above Amity Park.
 
“Lisa…” Nightshade spoke as he took Lisa's right hand, the Ring of Rage in the other.
 
“W--Wait!” Lisa cried, pulling her hand away. “What're you doing?! Only the king can control these powers!”
 
“Yes, but remember, as a little gift, Pariah had given some of his power to you…” Nightshade explained as he once more grabbed Lisa's hand. “And not only do you have his, but you also have mine as well as your own…” He gently slipped the ringer onto her finger; the green skull shone in the pale light of the moon, giving its new bearer chills. “With all that power coursing within you, controlling the energy of the crown and ring should be easy…you aren't afraid, are you?”
 
“O--of course not!” Lisa yelled, her eyes narrowed. “It's just that…what will happen to me once I wear these things?”

“You will possess the ability to do anything, my sweet…including taking down Pariah Dark.” Lisa gasped at Nightshade's answer.
 
“Why aren't you doing this, then?” Lisa asked, unable to tear her eyes away from the ring. “I don't think I can…”
 
“Because, at the moment, you are stronger than I am…” Nightshade admitted, trying to keep his pride in check as he held the crown with both hands. “Besides, if I must, I will tap into your choker's power and I will help control your actions; we shall fight as one…”
 
Lisa thought that those words should give her comfort, yet all they did was give her more chills…what was the matter?
 
“Ready?”
 
“…I suppose…” Lisa closed her eyes as the crown was placed gently on her head.
 
When Lisa opened her eyes again, they completely shone bright red. She then cried out in pain, surprise, and fear when she felt the power run through her. An unseen force caused her hair and clothes to whip around wildly like a fierce wind.
 
Nightshade had to block his face with his arm and squint his eyes in order to stay where he was, though his form kept getting pushed back ever so slightly through the sky.
 
Lisa continued to scream, the energy waves even beginning to course down to the town below, blowing cars into the sky and causing buildings to shatter and collapse.
 
Finally, it was over, and Lisa lowered her head slightly, her eyes closed again. But she opened them again, revealing the pupils to have become black again and her irises red, though they seemed far more malicious. She was smiling wickedly, showing her teeth. Her hands were balled into fists and her entire body seemed to radiate red.
 
“Perfect…” Nightshade murmured.
 
However, Lisa's eyes lowered slightly and she moaned; she began to slip in the air and fall. Nightshade quickly grabbed her by the arms and gazed at her know sleeping form. “I see…” He said. “She's still new to this…” He smiled. “But it's alright. She shall grow accustomed soon enough.” His eyes glanced down to see the added destruction below, smirking. He then teleported back into his room in the Ghost Zone, laying Lisa upon a bed that seemed to appear out of nowhere.
 
Such a pretty face…a pretty face that will be the downfall of all who gaze at it…Nightshade thought with another wicked smile.
 

~

[1] Yeah, technically, they shouldn't look over to the side since they're not really there, they're looking at a camera, but think of Flirting With Disaster and when Sam looked at Tucker's empty space after he was caught online again by his mom. (XD)
[2] Again with the word “technically,” but yeah, technically, Valerie shouldn't have asked that considering the fact that ghosts are ALREADY dead(!), but it's a figure of speech, which I'm guessing is why she also said something similar near the end of Reign Storm when Danny had exposed her to her father.
[3] You know, I really wouldn't be surprised if she had weapons lying everywhere “just in case...”
[4] I would've mentioned the name of Tucker's parents, although I know Maurice, but Mrs. Foley's name hasn't been mentioned yet...
[5] Heh-heh...think of that shot of Danny in Fanning The Flames when he was all smiley and in the sunlight...(*Siiiiigh...*) only he's facing the right, not the left, his hair's blowing back, and he looks MAD. (*Siiiiigh...*)

Can I go take a nap now? My brain is broken...
If anything was confusing, please tell me!
Seeya!