Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ Breaking Free--Part Two ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Please enjoy this next chapter, and I apoligize for the shortness!
 
 
~~CHAPTER THIRTEEN~~
~~BREAKING FREE--PART TWO~~
 
Dani groaned as she opened her eyes. They rolled around before she gasped and sat upright. “Danny!”
 
Zero and all the others slowly came to as well, seeing the fretting Dani.
 
“They're gone! Danny and Ali are gone!” Dani cried, grabbing onto Zero's arms and shaking him.
 
“Danielle! Calm down!” Sapphire said as she took the young one into her arms and away from her lover.
 
“We must go after them!” Dora cried, about to ascend before Sapphire took her arm.
 
“Wait! What if the Fentons and/or the Bakers awaken?” Sapphire asked.
 
“If our little fight didn't wake them, I'm sure nothing will.” Zero said.
 
“I wouldn't say that!”
 
Everybody turned to Dani, who just stuck her intangible head back through the roof. The others followed her.
 
Due to the short battle, some pieces of the rooftop had been cracked a little, and a small yet thick piece was dangling right above Jack and Maddie…
 
All the ghosts' breaths hitched in their throats as the piece snapped off and hit Maddie right in between the eyes.
 
They all cried out and pulled their heads back in.
 
Maddie groaned softly as she awoke, absentmindedly brushing whatever was on her face off. She blinked her eyes open sleepily, noticing something.
 
“…Danny…why is your light still on? You can't be still awake…” Maddie groggily got off the bed and walked toward Danny's room…technically Alissa's.
 
“Oh, crud!” Dani cried, overhearing. “What do we do?!”
 
Maddie reached the room and gently placed her hand on the knob…
 
~
 
Danny blinked his eyes open, everything completely fuzzy to him. His vision completely cleared, however, when he realized that his wrists were chained to the wall!
 
The Ghost Boy pulled and struggled with all his might, but to no avail. He let his form drop slightly and began breathing heavily. “…Darn it…” He looked up to see two ghosts, one shadow and another skeletal, come into the dark room, each holding a guard staff.
 
Danny gritted his teeth with a growl.
 
~
 
Once more, Lisa awoke in Nightshade's room. She gripped the bed sheets as she recalled everything that happened about less than half an hour ago. She bit her lip, anticipating her “master's” arrival.
 
The Drifter felt a long and cold wisp against her body, like an ice-cold slap. She gulped; Nightshade had appeared, and he was RIGHT next to her.
 
For a long while, both said nothing. However, the silence quickly shattered when Nightshade suddenly grabbed Lisa's wrists, pulling her off the bed in one swift motion, causing her to cry out. Their eyes locked and another battle began within them, only this time, Nightshade was winning.
 
“Do you know what the penalty is for treachery, sweet apprentice?”
 
“Master! Master, please!” Lisa suddenly realized that she felt like vomiting whenever she referred to Nightshade as “Master” from now on. “You don't understand!”
 
“And what don't I understand, Lisa?”
 
“What you said about that kid trying to trick me into joining him; that's what he was doing! I--I wasn't thinking! The moment I awoke, I realized the error of my ways!” Lisa fell to her knees, her wrists still held by Nightshade. “Forgive me…I beg of you.”
 
Nightshade kept his hard glare, but he seemed to become merciful, even if only just.
“…Very well, then.” He pulled Lisa back up, his eyes still fierce. “But this is your last chance.”
 
I only get two chances? Lisa thought while mentally scrunching her nose. I miss Danny already…At that thought, she gasped. “Danny! I--I mean…the Ghost Boy! Where's the Ghost Boy?”
 
Nightshade raised an eyebrow.
 
“F--for sheer curiosity, of course…”
 
Nightshade's face appeared to say that he still wasn't convinced, but he released one of Lisa's wrists. “Come with me.” They both disappeared.
 
They then reappeared just beside the room where Danny was being held. Lisa peeked her head over the wall she and Nightshade were next to and tried to hold in her shriek once she saw Danny chained up. The ghosts beside him paid him no mind, but if Danny struggled even if by just a little bit, they quickly raised their staffs up to his neck, threatening him.
 
Lisa gasped, and the other ghosts heard, including Danny. He looked at her, and she could see the worry and pain in them; she also saw sweat run down his face. She bit her lip and turned to Nightshade, who was smiling wickedly.

“I'm simply…keeping him in check until we bring down `His Majesty.'” Nightshade whispered so that the ghost guards wouldn't hear. “Once he is out of the way, that meddling boy will be ready to kill.”
 
Lisa's eyes went wide and she turned back to Danny, who had lowered his head back down.
 
~
 
“Oh!”
 
“GYA!”
 
“Danny, what're you still doing up?! Do you know what time it is?!”
 
The boy sheepishly ruffled his raven-black hair in embarrassment. “Actually, no…” His crystal-blue eyes then looked down in sadness. “…A bunch of things suddenly decided to run through my head in the middle of the night…”

Maddie smiled sweetly and joined him on the bed, placing her arm around his shoulders. “Everything is going to be all right. I promise.”
 
“I know it will…” A yawn. “Ooh…would you look at that? I'm honestly getting sleepy…night, Mom…”
 
Maddie kissed the smooth forehead gently before getting up. “Good night…oh, and don't forget to get into your pajamas.”
 
“I won't, I won't…”
 
Once he heard the door close, he let out a huge sigh of relief and collapsed against the bed. He then looked up to see Sapphire smiling down at him. “How was that?
 
“You were a marvelous actor, my love!”
 
Just then, “Danny” flashed brightly and took the smirking form of Zero. “`Marvelous,' eh? Well, I guess that'll do.”
 
“Oh, my gosh!”
 
Zero and Sapphire went up to the roof once they heard Dani's cry.
 
“Oh, dear…” Dora said, placing a hand on her cheek.
 
Wulf agitatedly spoke in Esperanto.
 
“You said it.” Zero said.
 
“What's happening?” Sapphire asked.
 
All of the ghosts, and some of the still-awake humans, were looking up into the sky in fret. It appeared as if pieces of the sky were missing and were replaced by pieces of…the Ghost Zone.
 
~
 
Nightshade and Lisa were hovering in the Ghost Zone far from Pariah's Keep, seeing the pieces of Earth's sky.
 
“Master, what in the world?!”
 
“Do you recall the last time Pariah had awoken and he had caused the entire town of Amity Park to be pulled into the Ghost Zone?”
 
Lisa nodded.
 
“I am attempting that very same feat, only I am taking the entire planet.”
 
“M--Master!” Lisa cried in shock.
 
“My strength has grown to more than twenty times my original strength due to all the ghosts that have come into my power.” So saying, Nightshade raised his arms and black Ecto-Electricity crackled from his arms to all around his body. As this happened, the pieces of Earth's dark blue sky became larger, more of Earth becoming sucked into the Ghost Zone. “It is a slow process, but it will soon be worth it.”
 
“And what of King Pariah? Does he know of this?”
 
“He won't need to; if you're truly still my apprentice, then tonight shall be the night that you and I obliterate him.”
 
Lisa took a sharp breath in through her teeth. “I…I see…and the Ghost Boy?”
 
“Shall be dead shortly after.”
 
The Drifter's eyes went wide at that.
 
Just then, both of them turned when they heard a screech. It was one of Nightshade's ravens! It flew up to Nightshade and began calling like it was speaking.
 
Nightshade raised an eyebrow. “…I see…” He turned to Lisa. “It appears that Pariah has summoned me. I'll return before long, and the moment I come back…” He leaned in close to her. “…Be ready.”
 
Lisa gulped and nodded. As she watched her “Master” leave, she suddenly felt a horrid stinging pain in her chest. She grabbed the area where one's heart would be with clenched teeth. He's…he's in pain…She released her chest and clenched her fists. She shut her eyes, but she then opened them again, narrowing them. “I know what's got to be done.
 
“…I just hope I have the guts to do it…”
 
~
“So, just how long are you gonna make me hang around here, anyway?!” Danny cried.
 
The shadow raised his staff up to Danny's face and then pulled it back, the top of it beginning to crackle with energy. The skeletal ghost followed the shadow ghost's actions. Danny gulped.
 
Before they could strike him, a voice interrupted. “I wouldn't, gentlemen.”
 
The two guards turned to see a bright red Ghost Ray coming at them.
 
Once they were knocked out, Lisa quickly flew over to the captured Ghost Boy. “Ali! Y--you came…!”
 
Lisa looked up at him…and smiled at him for the first time in a long time.
 
“Just a moment!” Lisa hastily grabbed the shackles and pulled, but to no avail. “…Um…” She began once she released the cuffs. She then brought her hands back up and they glowed brightly with red energy. “I'm sorry, but I think this is the only way.”
 
Danny gulped again and nodded.
 
Lisa bit her lip and fired two bright red Ghost Rays at the shackles. They explosively broke off and Danny cried out in pain and crashed to the ground.
 
“No!” Lisa cried and ran to him, kneeling down. “Wake up! Wake up!” She begged again and again. Were her strikes too strong? She winced her eyes shut.
 
“…Danny…”
 
Lisa gasped when she heard a low groan, followed by the opening of Danny's eyes. “…A…Ali?”
 
“Y--you're awake!” Lisa cried happily before quickly wrapping her arms around Danny. “I…I'm so…” She then blinked a few times before pulling herself away, seeing Danny mirroring her surprised face. “…Um…”
 
“We--we gotta get out of here before those guys come to!”
 
“R--right!” Lisa grabbed Danny's arm and slung it around her neck. “Hold on!” That was the only warning Danny got before Lisa flew away at top speed.
 
They hastily escaped Pariah's Keep and flew straight out into the Ghost Zone.
 
“A--Ali…”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“What's going on down there?” Danny asked as he pointed to the ever-expanding pieces of Earth.
 
“More and more of your home, as well as your entire planet, is being taken into the Ghost Zone. And your hometown is apparently going first.”
 
“No…”
 
“D--DANNY?!”
 
The two looked down to see Dani and the others rapidly flying up to them. Dani stared at them with wide eyes. “…A--Al--Ali? You're…helping him, right??”
 
Lisa nodded.
 
Dani gasped. “Does that mean you're--?!”

“I don't know. Right now, all that matters is getting Danny as far away from here as possible! Understood?”
 
Dani nodded. The other ghosts were rather far behind so Dani flew back down to them.
 
“I think Ali's coming back!”
 
“Are you sure we can trust her?”

“We don't have any other choice, Zero. Danny doesn't look so well.”
 
“I agree with Dora.”
 
“Sapphire…”
 
Lisa could loosely hear their conversation. Just then, all the ghosts came flying back up. Before anyone could say anything, Lisa wobbled slightly.
 
“Ali?!” Dani cried.
 
“Ugh…either my body was slow to react from Nightshade's attack on all of us, or I'm just still woozy from it…especially since I used more than a bit of my power a moment ago…”
 
“We'll help!” Sapphire said as she, Zero, and Dora went to keep Lisa up while Dani, Wulf, and Cujo catered to Danny.
 
“Thank you…friends…” Lisa said gently before nodding off.
 
Sapphire gasped. “Did…did she just…?”

“Yes, she did…” Zero said. “That Phantom Kid worked his miracle on her again.”
 
“We can only hope…” Dora said.
 
“Where do we go from here?” Dani asked. “Most of Amity Park is waking up and seeing the creepiness of the sky! I think I even saw some of those Dorks in White flying up to investigate!”
 
Everybody simply hovered and thought before Wulf suddenly cried out something.
 
Absolute silence.
 
“…Did anybody get that?” Dani asked.
 
“No.”

“Nope.”
 
“Don't ask me.”
 
Wulf looked exasperated and started sprinting downwards.
 
“Wulf, wait!” Sapphire cried.
 
“He must want us to follow him!” Dora said.
 
“Well, then, let's go!” Dani exclaimed before diving down after Wulf.
 
“…We should go, too.” Zero said.
 
“You think?” Sapphire asked sarcastically.
 
“Well, obviously for that reason, but also because I don't think she'll be able to hold onto Danny by herself for that long…” Zero said before flying down, the remaining females shortly following. [1]
 
~
 
Nightshade casually flew into Pariah's throne room. Pariah was standing right in front of his throne and Nightshade bowed. “You wanted to see me, your majesty?”
 
The moment Nightshade finished speaking, he felt himself being crushed and saw that he was being held in Pariah's large fist. Before he could wheeze out what the problem was, he had been brought up to Pariah's face level.
 
“…WHERE…IS…MY…RING?”
 

~

[1] Remember? Wulf was helping Dani keep Dani up, but since he ran off...

Oh, boy...
Seeya!