Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ Breaking Free--Part Three ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hmm...kinda short...
And if something doesn't make sense, please ask! ^^
Enjoy!
 
 
~~CHAPTER FOURTEEN~~
~~BREAKING FREE--PART THREE~~
 
Dani and the others had retreated to a beach quite far from the town. All of them were lying around, trying to catch their breaths and think about what to do next.
 
Everybody kept glancing at Lisa, who had recently awoken and lied just beside a still sleeping Danny, gently running her glowing hands across his body, healing him and trying to rejuvenate his strength.
 
“How is he?” Dani, being the only person who was brave enough to approach Lisa, asked.
 
“I'm not sure.” Lisa answered. “He hasn't moved since I started.”
 
Dani looked down in worry, but she picked her head back up when she heard Lisa start to hum gently. The Drifter glimpsed upwards but kept her eyes there once she saw Danny's sleeping face. She couldn't help but smile softly; Danny looked like an innocent angel when asleep. She leaned forward, not really sure what she was planning on doing.
 
Dani blinked and tilted her head as she watched Lisa but Zero quickly zoomed forward and covered Dani's eyes, dragging her away.
 
“HEY!”
“Time to leave the big kids alone, sweetie.”
 
Lisa didn't seem to notice as she ceased humming and leaned in closer to Danny's face, her lips merely inches from his…
 
A groan.
 
Lisa gasped and quickly backed up.
 
Danny slowly opened his eyes and looked around. “…Where…?”

“Shh, shh, shh…it's okay…you're with us.” Lisa said as she slowly crawled back toward the Ghost Boy. Before she could do anything, however, Wulf and Cujo quickly sprinted to Danny and pounced him back to the ground. Everybody shared a quick laugh at that.
 
“How do you feel?” Dani asked.

“…Dizzy.” Danny answered truthfully as he held his head.
 
Lisa giggled while covering her mouth.
 
“Wait a sec…” Danny looked around. “What about Nightshade? And the Ghost King?”
 
“We don't know…but…” Dora pointed to the sky.
 
More and more of the sky faded into the Ghost Zone while many GiW operatives flew up for inspection. The moment each one did, however, the intense dark ecto-energy surrounding the Ghost Zone sucked their jetpacks completely dry and caused them to fall to the ground.
 
“Sweet merciful…” Sapphire began.
 
“What're we gonna do?!” Zero cried.
 
“I don't mean to sound like I don't care about everything else, but I really think we should help Ali first…” So saying, Danny was motioning to Lisa, but turned to see that she was gone. “Ali?!” He cried, immediately frantically turning his head left and right. He soon saw the Drifter slowly walking through a dark grove of trees. “Ali!” He cried once more, running after her.
 
“Danny!” Dani attempted to follow, but Zero held her back.
 
“Again, time to leave the big kids alone…”
 
~
 
“W--w--what?”
 
“I KNOW YOU TOOK IT!! RETURN IT TO ME NOW!!!” The entire throne room shook with Pariah's bellows.
 
Nightshade transformed into a black vapor and slinked away from Pariah's grasp before regaining his humanoid form. “I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about!” He cried, feigning innocence. “…Oh, wait! I DO.” Nightshade then snapped his fingers, cupped them, and caught the Ring of Rage in them once it appeared. “Ah, it's such a neat trick; want me to make the crown return as well?”
 
Pariah widened his eyes, but then narrowed it with grinding teeth; a bright red beam shot from his eye, aiming at Nightshade. The ghost of darkness easily dodged the ray. “So judging from the fact that we're ghosts, I suppose the penalty for treason being death can't really work here, can it, Your Majesty?” He said simply, as if not at all caring about the intense danger he was in.
 
“YOU DARE STEAL FROM ME AND THEN INSULT ME?!” Pariah roared as his fist began to glow. “I WILL SHRED YOUR VERY FORM!!” The Ghost King unleashed his blast, but Nightshade dodged that as well.
 
“I can easily escape from you.”
 
Both of Pariah's fists began to glow, but when he spoke, his voice had calmed slightly; possibly out of humor of Nightshade's last statement. “Even if you could, where would you go? The entire Ghost Zone bows to me!”
 
“Actually, thanks to you…”
 
Once more, Nightshade snapped his fingers. Suddenly, the floor below began to shake.
 
“It bows to me.
 
At that, countless ghosts emerged from below, where they resided in the dungeons. Their chokers were glowing darkly as they raised their arms along with Nightshade. All their hands began to glow as well and a large black orb crackling with energy formed around Pariah, trapping him.
 
“WHAT?!”
 
Nightshade crossed his arms with a smirk and a dark chuckle, but he then looked around. “…Where's Lisa?”
 
As everybody looked around, seeing that the Drifter was nowhere in sight, Nightshade clenched his fists. Before anyone could react, Nightshade waved his hand over the entire room, all of the ghost' chokers glowing. “You will remain here and keep adding your energy to Pariah's prison; it wasn't meant to hold forever…”
 
The ghosts reluctantly nodded; the chokers were truly controlling them now…
 
Nightshade quickly flew down toward Amity Park and stopped just above it, his fist beginning to glow again. “I had hoped that it wouldn't have to come to this, my dear apprentice…” He extended his glowing hand down toward the town. “Come to me NOW!!
 
~
 
“Ali, stop!”
 
Lisa quickly turned, seeing Danny fly up to her. As he caught his breath, he looked around; they were in a tiny forest area, and Danny was reminded of when Alissa had led him to a similar area as Danny Fenton to confess to him. Shaking the memory away, Danny stepped closer to Lisa. “What're you doing?!”
 
Lisa looked down. “Sorry…my thoughts made me wander…”
“Don't apologize; just…just…don't go off like that! You can't afford being alone right now!”
 
“I know…”
 
“…What were you thinking about, anyway?”
 
“…You and I…we're unaccepted in either the human world or the Ghost Zone…right?”
 
Danny raised an eyebrow. “…Uh…yeah?”
 
“So, why are we bothering to save either worlds? In fact…” Lisa slowly formed a smirk. “Why don't we run away?”
 
Just then, Lisa grabbed Danny by the arms. “Why?! How?!”
 
Needless to say, Danny was just a bit shaken. “H--huh?!”
 
Lisa began to breathe normally again and released Danny. “…Danny…this world…shuns you…attacks you…even your own family goes after you…Danny…why? Why do you do it? Why do you protect and defend these ungrateful fools?! How do you do it?!”
 
Danny widened his eyes, but he slowly relaxed and smiled a little. “I didn't get into this for gratitude or rewards…you didn't, either.”
 
Lisa looked up with surprised eyes. “Huh?”
 
“We got into this because we loved our home and friends and now had the power to protect them.”
 
“But Danny…what about all those other humans? The ones we loved might have deserved protection, but not them.
 
“I know…but…” Danny took Lisa's hands into his. “Listen, I know it's not exactly easy to understand, but it's also not all that easy to explain, either. Yeah, there're gonna be people who don't trust or believe in us, but…but I still gotta save `em…and there are actually some people who do believe in us, even if there's only a handful of them, and that's enough for me.”
 
“You'd really settle for only a few people accepting you?”
 
Danny nodded. “I don't need the whole world accepting me…besides, I have my friends…including you.”
 
Lisa wanted so badly to look away from Danny for some reason, feeling on the verge of tears. “You're…you're…indescribable…”
 
Danny chuckled lightly and looked away for a moment before turning back with reddening cheeks. “Please, Ali…no worshipping…” He blinked when he felt Lisa's grip on his hands tighten. She looked ready to say something, but it came out as a choke.
 
Danny gasped; the choker was hurting her!
 
Lisa grabbed the necklace with a cough. “N--Nightshade is trying to force me to come to him…”
 
“What?!”
 
“Nightshade can use the choker to locate me, so no matter where I go, he'll find me…but I can use my powers to disrupt the choker's powers for a short period of time and make it more difficult for him to find me. I need to get away from here and keep confusing Nightshade by messing with the choker!”
 
“Wait a minute…what are you saying?”
 
“Danny, I need to go.”
 
“What?!”
 
“Danny, listen to me! Nightshade's main goal is using me to destroy the Ghost King by giving me the Crown of Fire and the Ring of Rage he stole. But if I can find my body and return to it, he'll lose all power over me! I'll not only do that, but I'll also stall him; you have to find a way to stop the Ghost King before Nightshade kills you!”
 
“Let me come with you! When you get to your body, I'll fly you back to safety!”
 
“No! You can't waste any time with me!”
 
“I'll MAKE time!” Danny grabbed Lisa's hands again. “I'm not letting you leave me again!”
 
“Again?”
 
“Long story. I can't let you! What if you don't make it? How long do you think you'll be able to keep up your little vanishing act?!”
 
“…Not for very long.”
 
“I won't do it! I won't leave you alone!”
 
“I won't be alone…” Lisa wrapped her arm around Danny's waist and took hold of the back of his head with her other hand. With swift movement, she intensely pressed her lips against his. “…Not really…” She finished once she pulled herself away from the wide-eyed Ghost Boy.
 
“Now hurry! We don't have much time!” With that, Lisa quickly flew up and into the Ghost Zone.
 
“NO! ALI!!” Danny screamed as he watched the Drifter go. No…I let her go again…
 
“Danny!”
 
The Halfa turned to see the younger Halfa quickly fly up to him. “What's going on?!”
“We heard shouting!” Dora cried as she and all the other ghosts followed.
 
“Hold on…” Zero looked left and right. “Where'd Lisa go now?!
 
“She went to stall Nightshade and…and hopefully get back to her body, wherever it is…” Danny's almost faraway voice was barely heard.
 
“Well, what're we doing?! We have to help her!” Sapphire cried.
 
“No.” Danny turned to all the ghosts, determination deeply etched across his face. “I'm going to help her. You guys need to stay here in case more ghosts attack again or people need help.”
 
“But--but you can't! Not by yourself!” Dani cried.
 
“I can do this, Danielle.”
 
“But what're we supposed to do?! So what if we defeat Nightshade?! What about the Ghost King?!”
 
“As long as he doesn't get the crown and ring, and if we get rid of all the ghosts' black chokers, I think if we all pull together, we can stop him!”
 
“We may need the help of the humans as well.” Dora said. “What if King Pariah does succeed in returning to Earth?”

“The humans will never join forces with us!” Zero cried in frustration.
 
“I think they'll know that they'll have no other choice.” Sapphire said.
 
“Guys, look, we can't talk about this right now. I need to save Ali first! She shares some of Nightshade's power; maybe she can do something that'll help!” Danny said. “I need to go and I need to go NOW!” He quickly shot up into the Ghost Zone, leaving the other ghosts to ponder.
 
“Danny…” Dani said in complete worry.
 
“…Look, I don't care what he says; that boy needs help and he's gonna get it!” Zero declared.
 
“But he's right. What if we have another attack or something similar? And as we speak, the world is being engulfed into the Ghost Zone! We need to stay!” Dora cried.
 
“Well, what if we get someone else to help?” Dani suggested. “That won't be going against what Danny said!”
 
“But who do we tell?”
 
Dani pondered for a moment before an idea struck her. “Okay, gang, huddle up!”
 
~
 
Nightshade growled as Lisa didn't come to him. If she is willing to bear this pain for anything…even the Ghost Boy…then perhaps I have already lost her…
 
“Looking for me?”
 
Nightshade widened his eyes and turned to his left, seeing Lisa right in front of him with crossed arms and cold crimson eyes. “You've betrayed me once again, Lisa…”
 
“Wrong. I've betrayed no one except Danny. That's right, Nightshade. I know who I am now. I may not have all my memories yet, but not only do I not need them to see the truth, I know how to get them back.”
 
“You will do no such thing!” Nightshade yelled as he reached for the Drifter, who immediately dodged him.
 
“Well, well, looks like you know what I'm talking about.”
 
“You don't even know where it is!”
 
“I'll find out!” Lisa cried before flying away.
 
“Not if I find you first!” Nightshade roared as he flew after her. Lisa, however, blew him a kiss before using the same hand to sweep across her body, causing her to disappear. Nightshade's eyes brightly glowed red in his rage before quickly rocketing forward, attempting to find her.
 
~
Pariah brutally drove himself against his dark prison, attempting to break through it, but each time he came so close that it was shattering, the ghosts were forced to give more of their energy to strengthen it.
 
Soon, however, Pariah had built up his power and unleashed it in a bright red blast, causing not only the prison to shatter completely, but the ghosts to be blasted so immensely that they were either knocked out or too weak to move.
 
“I'll deal with all of you later…right now…I want him…” Pariah growled before flying away to find Nightshade.
 

~

Remember when I said all the way back in Chapter Three that Alissa's song, "Breaking Free", was going to be important later?
Well, it was, but I decided to write it out.
See, originally, Lisa was going to be humming "Breaking Free", and not know why. Danny was going to notice and ask if she knew any of the words. When Lisa said no, he was going to sing a couple of lines to jog her memory, which works. She recalls herself as Alissa singing that song and realizes just what exactly Danny meant to her through that song and became willing to sacrifice herself for him, and cue what she says about going to return to her body and whatnot.
But it just seemed too...too out-there and pointless, so I decided to write it out.
However, you shouldn't completely forget Alissa singing at all! Trust me on this!
Seeya!