Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ Freed Once More ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(*Wipes forehead*) Whew! I don't know WHY this took so long, but it did!
Huh...Vlad's not playing as big of a role as I thought he would be...I just don't know what to do with him on occasion!
Please enjoy this nice long chapter! ^^
 
 
~~CHAPTER FIFTEEN~~
~~FREED ONCE MORE~~
 
“Mr. Baker…Mr. Baker…Mr. Baker…!”
 
David groaned and slowly opened his eyes when he realized he was being violently shaken in his sleep.
 
“Mr. Baker, please!”
 
David was able to roll his eyes around, managing to catch the demolisher of his slumber. “…Wait a minute…” He sat up more on his bed and removed his Fenton Earplugs. “…Danielle?”
 
“Mr. Baker, you gotta help us! Please!”
 
“Ohh…David…?” Kelly groaned as she began to wake up. “…What's going o--AAAH!!” She shrieked for a split second when she saw Dani but quickly covered her mouth when she recognized her. “It's you!” She quickly removed her own earplugs.
 
“C'mon! Get up! Your daughter needs you!”
 
That immediately got the Bakers to wake up more.
 
“You know where she is?!” Kelly cried.
 
“Sorta. Get up! Get dressed! I'll explain while you do!”
 
~
 
“Can you please tell me what's going on before my parents find out I'm gone?!” Sam cried as Dora carried her across the sky.
 
“Don't worry about your parents; we have this all figured out.” Dora answered.
 
“Okay, but you could still tell me what you're doing!”
 
“And while you're explaining it to her, mind explaining it to me, too?”
 
Sam gasped and looked down, seeing Tucker being carried by Wulf and flying in the same direction Dora was heading. Just a little far from him was Summer being carried by Zero and Sapphire.
 
“What the heck is going on?!” Summer cried.
 
“Pipe down, will you?” Zero said. “Don't you wanna save your friend?”
 
Summer's eyes widened. “What're you talking about?”
 
~
“Maddie! Maddie!”
 
“Ugh…Kelly…?” Maddie groaned gently as she was woken by her fellow mother friend and saw David beside her. “What's the matter?” She asked as she removed her earplugs.
 
“Please wake Jack up…” Kelly said. “We…kind of have a situation on our hands.”
 
“What kind of situation?”
 
Just then, Dani popped up in front of Kelly. “Hi!”
 
Maddie gasped. “What're you doing here?!” She quickly began to shake Jack. “Jack! Get up!”
 
“Maddie, Maddie, no! Not like that! Listen to me!”
 
“…I think I'll go wake up Jazz…” Dani said uncomfortably before quickly zooming away to do her said task.
 
“…Zuh…huh…huh--huh--hah--wha--what--?? 221; Jack slurred as he slowly woke up.
 
“Jack, listen to us!” David immediately spoke as he went over to his fellow father friend. “I know how crazy this is gonna sound, but you gotta trust us!”
 
~
 
The ghosts arrived at the Bakers' household and flew right inside. They got Team Phantom back to their feet in the Living Room.
 
“What are we doing here?” Sam asked.
 
“In about two minutes or so, you're gonna find out.” Zero said.
 
~
 
“She's right! He's gone!” Jack cried as he emerged from Alissa's room, seeing that Danny was gone.
 
“Where is he?!” Maddie immediately demanded as she turned toward Dani, her face hinting that she didn't need a weapon to inflict bodily harm on the girl.
 
Jazz, however, immediately jumped in front of the younger female. “Mom, please! We have to trust her!”
“I know where he is, Mrs. Fenton!”
 
Jack almost threateningly slowly stomped toward Dani. “So…WHERE IS HE?!
 
“Jack, please!” David tried as he placed his hands on Jack's shoulders. “We're not gonna learn anything if you scare her!”

“Scare me?!” Dani hissed under her breath. “He did NOT…much…” She shook her head and looked back up toward the Fentons. “Look, I have an plan that'll help everyone. Follow me!” The young Halfa quickly flew downstairs, everyone else following.
 
Everyone gasped when they saw the rest of Team Phantom and the other ghosts.
 
“Danielle?” The kids widened their eyes when they saw her.
 
“You know her?” Both Jack and Maddie asked.
 
“Look, we don't have time for this!” Dani flew up to the ghosts and Team Phantom but kept her face toward the Fentons and Bakers. “Listen, Alissa Baker has been kidnapped by the ghosts and when your son found out about that, he followed those ghosts and most likely ended up getting captured, too!”
 
The Fentons and Team Phantom gasped.
 
“They need help! You gotta go after them!”
 
“Why are you telling us this?” Maddie asked. “You're our enemies!”
 
“We are NOT your enemies, lady!” Zero shouted. “In case you haven't noticed, the only things we've been fighting are the creatures who are actually attacking you! We've done NOTHING to you!”
 
“Besides, what choice do you have?” Sapphire countered.
 
After a moment of silence, Jack crossed his arms with a stuffy look. “I hate when they pull that answer…”
 
“But how do we get to the Ghost Zone?!” Maddie cried. “The Specter Speeder is caved in with the rest of our house!”

“Not a problem!” Dani piped up.
 
Zero, Sapphire, and Wulf suddenly flew out of the house. The flew to where FentonWorks once stood. They went intangible and dove underground. They were amazed at how the basement looked; the entrance and everywhere around it was filled with rubble, but the small area around the Ghost Portal was perfectly fine…including the Specter Speeder!
 
Everyone else within the Bakers' apartment ran outside and immediately stopped when the ghosts returned carrying the Speeder. They gently placed it on the ground.
 
“How did you…?” Maddie began.
 
“Hello?” Zero began as he then sunk beneath the ground, reemerging in front of Maddie. “Ghosts? Intangibility? And you call yourselves experts…”
 
“Also, we found some of the weapons that weren't crushed. Trust me, you'll need them. You'll easily find them on the seats of the Speeder.” Sapphire said. “So…watch where you sit.”
 
“If you guys are going to go after Danny, then count us in!” Tucker said.
 
“Danny's our friend; he means a lot to us, too!” Sam added.
 
“And as much as that guy's grown on me, if Ali's in trouble, you better believe that I'm coming, too!” Summer asserted.
 
“And Alissa's our daughter!” David declared as he wrapped his arm around his wife and tightly gripped her shoulder. “We're going, too!”
 
“But what about your parents?” Jazz asked the teens. “What if they catch you gone?”
 
“That won't be a problem either.”
 
Sam furrowed her brow when she thought she heard her voice answer that. She turned around and shrieked briefly. There she was again, standing just behind her!
 
“Sam, relax; it's me!” The other Sam spoke again, only in a different voice.
 
Sam blinked. “…Dora?”
 
Sapphire then took the form of Summer while Zero transformed into Tucker. “If the other parents do decide to check up on you, then they will!” Sapphire giggled.
 
“Okay, for one thing, sister, I don't giggle.” Summer scorned.
 
Jack had his arms crossed with a glare. “…Alright, fine…but what about Vlad? He's too weak to come with us!”
Wulf spoke.
 
“Wulf says that he and Cujo will look after him.” Summer translated.
 
After a moment, Maddie sighed. “Oh, alright…while we stand here arguing, Danny and Alissa could really need us! …But how will everyone fit into the Specter Speeder? I think we're a few seats short.”
 
Jack smiled. “How many times do I have to tell ya, baby?” Just then, he pulled out a tiny remote and pressed it. Once he did, the Specter Speeder seemed to become longer; another couple of rows of seats had been added! “I'm always ready for these kinds of situations!”
Maddie gasped with a smile. “Jack!”
 
“And didn't I also say that I would make our `ship-thing' better and cooler?” Jack went on. “I even added more cup holders!”
 
“Hurry, go! The kids need you!” Dora cried.
 
“Everybody, get inside!” Maddie commanded. Once everyone got into the Speeder, Maddie turned back to the ghosts. “Where exactly are we supposed to go?”
 
“There's no doubt that they're at the Ghost King's Keep.” Zero said. “It's not hard to miss; just look for the large red castle with an entrance that looks like a mouth that's going to eat you. Oh, and if you hit the Ghost Zone Jail, you've gone too far.”
 
Maddie nodded and got inside the Speeder herself. Soon after, it was about to fly away, but Dani quickly grabbed the back of it. Before any of the ghosts could say anything, Dani turned back to them and brought her finger to her lips. “Shh!” She hissed as she and the Speeder went out of sight.
 
“…That's a part of Danny, alright.” Zero scoffed.
 
“Everyone, hurry! To your positions!” Sapphire cried.
 
Once every ghost flew away, Wulf and Cujo headed into the Bakers' household, looking for Vlad's room.
 
~
 
Lisa flew forward with all her might, trying to remember where Pariah's Keep was. Nightshade's lair was deep within it, and no doubt he had her body hidden there somewhere; she always couldn't help but feel some strange energy-like pulse whenever she was there; her body had to be nearby!
 
Lisa looked up and gasped when she saw Nightshade extremely high above her; almost a speck.
 
With a gulp, Lisa quickly brought her hand to her choker and concentrated. Dark energy sparks began to fly out.
 
Nightshade stopped flying and began to concentrate on sensing Lisa's choker. He cried out in pain and grabbed his head when he couldn't pinpoint her location and dark energy fizzled around his head as well. “Drat…”
 
Lisa flew forward again at top speed. She gasped once more when she saw Pariah's Keep come into view. She flew inside and looked around for Nightshade's lair.
 
Growing frustrated in her fruitless search, Lisa halted her flight and groaned, throwing her head back. “This is pointless! I can't believe I don't remember where it is!” She slowly began to lower herself to the floor. “Why does this place have to be so BIG?! Which way should I…?!”
 
Lisa gasped the moment her feet touched the ground. Once more, she felt that strange pulse!
 
The Drifter looked down and slowly widened her eyes. “…Underground…?”
 
Lisa hastily slunk through the floor, gasping when she soon saw Nightshade's room. “Of course, underground…just like Nightshade secretly planning to strike from above and take down the Ghost King…” She looked around. “I still feel that energy wave…but from where?” As she spoke, she walked forward. “The room's kinda small and--KYAA!”
 
Lisa hastily brought her foot back up when she stepped on a stone that sunk into the floor.
 
Just then, the rest of that area of the floor slid to the side, revealing a staircase leading to a lower room.
 
Lisa gently walked down, raising her hand to see through the darkness by making it brightly glow red. She soon gasped at what she saw.
 
There it was: her body; lying on a pedestal and enshrouded in Nightshade's power so that it was kept alive.
 
Lisa slowly walked forward and gazed at her body with multiple emotions. She gently raised her hand and was about to touch it…
 
Lisa's hand was suddenly grabbed and she felt herself being pulled backwards and into an armored chest.
 
“WHAT THE--?!”
 
“Gotcha.”
 
~
 
Danny quickly flew across the Ghost Zone looking for Lisa. “Where are you…please let me find you…”
 
Danny froze when he heard an ear-splitting scream.
 
“…ALI!” Danny cried as he flew once more at an alarming rate.
 
~
 
“LET ME GO! LET GO!! IF YOU DON'T LET ME GO RIGHT NOW, I'M GONNA--YAAH!!
 
Lisa's threats were stopped short once she was literally thrown into the dungeon, her back roughly slamming into the wall. Nightshade snapped his fingers and two shackles burst out from the wall, covered with the darkness from the shadows on the wall. They grabbed her wrists and, once they did so, the chains zipped back into the wall, slamming her wrists onto the wall and tightly keeping them there.
 
As Lisa attempted to struggle against the shackles, Nightshade grabbed her chin and forced her to face him. “Do you have ANY idea what you've done?!”
 
“You mean besides do the right thing and abandon you?” Lisa coldly answered. She held in a shriek when she felt Nightshade squeeze her chin.
 
“Your absence in my plan to destroy the Ghost King has caused him to take off! If we don't find him before he finds us, you and I will BOTH be destroyed!”
 
“At least if I'm going down, I'm taking you with me!”
 
“I don't think so…” Nightshade held up his hand, revealing the Ring of Rage.
 
Lisa gasped. “NO!”
 
“Yes!” Nightshade released Lisa's practically bruised chin and reached for her hand. “Now let's try this again, and just to make sure you don't betray me again, I'll be in charge of your every movement, and we'll destroy the Ghost's King together!”
 
Lisa winced her eyes shut. “DANNY!!!”
 
“ALI!!”
 
Lisa opened her eyes and gasped. “Danny?!”
 
“ALI, WHERE ARE YOU?!”
 
Nightshade turned toward the voice with a growl. But he soon smiled. “…You know…” He turned back to Lisa, holding her chin in a gentle way this time. “I could give you the crown and the ring and force you to fight the Ghost Boy to the death…” Lisa's eyes went wide with a gasp as he spoke. “…but I think that, instead, to further break you, I'll go and take care of him myself, leaving you to do nothing but kneel here, forced to hear his final screams as you can do nothing to help him!” With that, Nightshade laughed maniacally and flew off to do away with Danny.
 
“N--NO! NO!! DANNY! DANNY!!” Lisa screamed as she once more proceeded to free herself from the shackles.
 
~
Danny cautiously stepped further into Pariah's Keep. “ALI!!” He called out again.
 
“I'm afraid that Lisa can't come to you at the moment…”
 
Danny gasped and looked up, seeing Nightshade above him and gently begin to float down to the floor. “Perhaps I can be of assistance?”
 
“Sure. You can start by letting Ali go!” Danny yelled as he clenched his fists.
 
“Ooh, sorry, can't do that…how about instead I assist you in ending your life?” Nightshade spoke just before firing a black Ghost Ray at Danny, who quickly back-flipped to dodge it. Once he got back to his feet, Danny fired his own Ghost Ray, which hit the ghost of darkness and caused him to skid across the floor.
 
Nightshade immediately got up halfway, however, and fired a black Ghost Ray from his palm, only instead of striking Danny, it tightly wrapped around him like a rope. Nightshade then grabbed his ecto-rope and raised it up, taking Danny along with it. He quickly thrust it down and Danny smashed against the ground.
 
~
 
Again and again, Lisa pulled at the chains to no avail. Once she relaxed again and panted, she heard crashes and explosions. “Danny…” She whispered breathlessly.
 
A thought then struck.
 
“Wait…I have Nightshade's power, right?” She glanced at her left wrist. “If he can bend darkness…” She shut her eyes and concentrated, her form beginning to glow black. “…then so can I!”
 
Slowly, the chains from the shackles began to pull out from the wall, Lisa slowly stepping forward with each inch. Soon, the shackles shattered completely, the darkness around them fading once the pieces hit the floor.
 
Chuckling a little, Lisa rubbed her wrists, but quickly turned with a gasp when she heard Danny cry out in pain. With a dark growl, she flew out of the dungeon and after Nightshade.
 
~
Panting, Danny pulled himself up from the floor using the wall as leverage.
 
“Danny, Danny, Danny…” Nightshade began, shaking his head. “You've forgotten one of the biggest rules in combat…” His fist began to glow black. “…never turn your back on your opponent!” He fired his Ghost Ray.
 
Danny turned and barely had time to scream before he realized that the Ghost Ray got bounced back by a glowing green blade. “Batter up, `MASTER!'
 
Nightshade's own Ghost Ray hit him right in the face, causing him to fall back.
 
Lisa dropped her Ecto-Blade and quickly ran to embrace the rather battered Halfa. “Danny! You're okay…” She pulled away, a bit of a glare on her face. “What're you doing here?! I told you to stay with the others!”
 
“I know how cheesy this is going to sound, but…” Danny gently placed his hands on both sides of Lisa's face. “Before Nightshade got you again, I let you go once, Ali…I'm not making that mistake again no matter how deeply you kiss me.”
 
Lisa's eyes waved momentarily before she managed and smiled and held Danny again. “…I appreciate that…”
 
“Sorry to end this touching little reunion, but…actually, no, I'm NOT sorry!” Nightshade roared as he got back to his feet and fired another Ghost Ray.
 
Lisa gasped. “LOOK OUT!” She cried as she pushed Danny out of the way of Nightshade's blast. She attempted to fly away from the blast, but it caught her leg. She fell to the ground with a cry.
 
“ALI!” Danny quickly ran back to the Drifter, kneeling down as he attempted to help her up. They both looked up at Nightshade as he slowly rose, both his open palms holding two black orbs as they built in power.
 
Danny and Lisa turned to each other. “You thinking what I'm thinking?” Danny asked with a smile that Lisa smiled back and nodded to. She quickly wrapped her arms around his chest as she positioned herself on his back and he flew upward, causing Nightshade's Ghost Ray to crash against the wall, leaving a huge dent. [1]
 
Nightshade looked up with a growl, trying to find the two teens.
 
“Looks like you forgot one of the biggest rules in combat, too!”
 
Nightshade gasped and turned around, seeing Danny and Lisa behind him. “But unlike you, I'd rather not be a coward and hit you in the front! NOW, ALI!” Lisa immediately removed herself from Danny and fired a Ghost Ray right after he did. Once both Ghost Rays hit Nightshade, he crashed to the ground.
 
“Yes!” Lisa cried triumphantly, but she then stumbled in the air a little due to her bad leg. Danny immediately caught her from behind and gently got the both of them back down to the ground. “Hurry! Before he gets back up!” Lisa cried. “I found my body!”
 
“You did?!”

“Yes!”
 
As they spoke, Nightshade slowly came to once more. His eyes narrowed once they focused on Danny. “…I won't lose…” He hissed darkly as he got on his stomach and opened his fist, revealing the Ring of Rage. “…Not again…and not to you…” The moment he finished, he threw the ring.
 
“It's down here! Follow me!” Lisa spoke as she took Danny's hand and attempted to go intangible as she faced the floor, but in the process of doing so by extending her arm toward the floor, the Ring of Rage zoomed forward and slipped onto her finger. “Huh? What--what the…?!” Lisa stuttered as she held up her hand and gazed at the ring, the realization of what it was slowly dawning.
 
Nightshade quickly flew forward and blasted at Danny, slamming him against the wall. “Danny!” Lisa was about to run to him, but Nightshade grabbed her arm and practically shoved the Crown of Fire on her head.
 
Lisa quickly blasted Nightshade away from her, but she looked at herself in horror as she watched the red energies from both items slowly take her over.
 
As Danny slowly came to, he heard Lisa attempt to scream out “DANNY! RUN!” but she barely made it past the second word before screaming.
 
“ALI!!” Danny cried out as the light blinded him and he shielded his eyes with his hand before squinting, though he was once more smashed against the wall.
 
Nightshade stood his ground with a maniacal fang-showing smile as he watched, though even his feet skidded across the ground a little.
 
Once the light and the energy force subsided, Danny was able to get to his feet, though he wobbled, and he gasped at what he saw.
 
Lisa was standing there with her head lowered and the Crown of Fire and the Ring of Rage shining brightly. She gently knelt down and picked up her Ecto-Blade. With it grasped tightly in her hand, she slowly rose her head, revealing cold crimson eyes glowing darker than ever before.
 
Danny's eyes were wide and his head slowly started shaking. “…No…”
 
“Yes.” Nightshade grinned. “At first, I wanted to perform such an act on the Ghost King before you…” So saying, Lisa's choker began to glow. Nightshade casually raised his arm and Lisa mimicked his movement exactly. “…but as long as you're here…” He swiftly raised the palm of his raised arm and once Lisa did the same, a black Ghost Ray shot out.
 
Danny quickly flew out of the way, but he landed rather ungracefully on the floor. As he rolled to his stomach, he saw Lisa swiftly flying at him.
 
“ALI, NO!” Danny cried before rolling out of the way, watching Lisa sink her sword into the stone floor where she attempted to stab him. Once she saw where Danny was now, she slashed at him as he further backed away.
 
Nightshade, who was still controlling Lisa's every action, smiled evilly. “That's my good little girl…”
 
Lisa attempted to pounce at him and slash him, but Danny quickly slammed his feet against her stomach and sent her farther forward, giving him time to get off the floor and into the air. Lisa quickly got back to her feet and followed him, firing another Ghost Ray, which hit Danny right in the chest and smashed him into the ceiling. He quickly flew away, though, before Lisa could stab him.
 
“Ali, please! Listen! Don't you recognize me?!” Danny ducked before Lisa's sword could cut his head off, but he sprung back up. “After all we went through to get you back on my side, I just KNOW you still gotta be in there!”
 
Lisa only growled and fired a Ghost Ray, which Danny dodged. As he flew away, he thought out loud. “If I could just get those things off her…but Nightshade will see and make her cut my arm off! I could at least shoot the crown off with a Ghost Ray, but what if I hurt her?!” Danny stopped his flight and turned, seeing Lisa fly closer and closer. “…I don't have any other choice…” Gritting his teeth, Danny shot a Ghost Ray simply from his finger.
 
Lisa easily deflected the Ghost Ray with her sword and bounced it right back at Danny, who, already weak, crashed into the ground.
 
Lisa casually and gracefully landed just a few feet away from Danny, whose eyes were closed and lips slightly apart as he groaned.
 
“Beauteous work, Lisa. Now…finish him off.”
 
Danny's eyes cracked open and the blurry image of Lisa appeared in them.
 
Lisa slowly walked forward and raised her now-glowing-green sword high.
 
Danny's eyes widened with a gasp.
 
Lisa quickly thrust her sword down.
 
Danny immediately got up halfway and formed a shield with his open palms.
 
~
A large energy wave burst out in a circular form from Pariah's Keep and throughout the entire Ghost Zone, shaking everything in its path.
 
~
 
Pariah, who was just about to fly down to Earth to see if that's where Nightshade was hiding, froze in his tracks as the energy wave hit him and caused him to shake momentarily with his eye winced shut.
 
“…I'd know such enormous power anywhere…” Pariah growled as he reopened his eye. He then flew back toward his keep.
 
~
 
“WHOA!!”
 
Everyone instantly grabbed something, or each other, as the energy wave hit the Specter Speeder and caused it rock around. (Dani crying out and holding the Speeder tighter. Aww!)
 
“Great goggling ghouls, what was that?!” Jack cried as he regained control of the Speeder.
 
“Whatever it was, it came from there!” Jazz cried, pointing forward at Pariah's Keep.
 
Maddie gasped. “That must be where the kids are!”
 
“Whatever that wave was, I hope it didn't mean that we're too late…” Sam murmured as the Speeder quickly flew forward.
 
~
 
The shield flickered briefly in Danny's hands before fading. His form wobbled gently before he fell back against the ground, not moving and eyes closed.
 
Lisa smirked wickedly, but as she continued to watch the Ghost Boy, a frown slowly tugged at her lips as something began to come back to her.
 
 
“I…don't wanna fight you, Ali…”
 
 
Suddenly, every memory, every activity, every precious moment that she shared with Danny filled Lisa's mind so quickly, she fell to her knees, panting as her palms grasped the cold stone floor which, in turn, caused her Ecto-Blade to clatter to the floor.
 
“Lisa! Get up!” Nightshade called.
 
Lisa's head slowly picked up, and her eyes were still a cold crimson…yet they looked so gentle and were innocently wide…Alissa's eyes. “…D…Danny…?” She said slowly as her eyes fixed themselves onto the Ghost's Boy's form.
 
“Lisa, come to me!”
 
“Danny!” Nightshade barely finished his demand before Lisa cried out for her friend, swiftly got to her feet, and ran to Danny. She knelt down and raised his head with her hand while her other hand went to his waist. “Danny! Danny, wake up! Wake up! Please!”
 
Danny's head lolled to the other side, away from Lisa; he wasn't breathing…
 
Lisa quickly held up Danny's wrist and pressed two of her fingers against it. She exhaled-then-inhaled sharply when she realized that he had no pulse. As her eyes widened and her pupils constricted, they faded from crimson red to midnight blue.
 
Nightshade took a few steps closer to the girl. “Lisa, come here!”
 
Lisa slowly shook her head. “…No…”
 
Nightshade's eyes widened. “What?”
 
The Drifter's form began to tremble. “…No…no…”
 
“Insolent girl!” Nightshade shouted as he stomped closer to her. “You will listen to me or so help me…!” He grabbed her shoulder.
 
Lisa's eyes winced shut as tears fell and held Danny closer to her. “NOOOOOOOO!!!” With that scream, her entire body crackled with violet Ecto-Electricity, causing Nightshade to be blasted away from her. Still holding Danny, Lisa then flew away at nearly the speed of light, leaving a streak.
 
~
As the Specter Speeder continued to zoom toward Pariah's Keep, Summer absentmindedly turned her head gently toward the window, but she gasped, stood up, and pressed her hands to it as she saw a violet streak quickly fly from the castle and to the left. It was only there for a moment.
 
Summer's eyes widened slightly. “…Ali?”
 
“Summer?” Tucker asked.
 
Summer peeled herself from the window and grabbed Jack by the shoulder. “Mr. Fenton! Make a hard left!”
 
“What?” Jack asked, furrowing his brow as he turned to Summer.
 
“Listen to me! I just saw something go by and I think it'll lead us to Ali and Danny!”
 
“What was it?” Maddie asked.
 
“It was a violet streak, and…” Summer immediately stopped; if she went any further, she'd be forced to reveal Alissa's secret…
 
“A violet streak?”
 
“Um…uh…” Summer stuttered, but she then gasped and pointed forward. “Oh, my gosh!”
 
Everybody turned toward the windshield and gasped when they saw a ghost with silver hair and dressed completely in armor with a cape quickly fly out of the castle as well.
 
“I know that ghost!” Summer cried, quickly thinking up a half-lie. “A while ago, that ghost tried to hurt Ali, and I'll bet you anything he's the ghost Danielle and the others were talking about! I think he found out that we were coming after him and he sent Ali and Danny through some weirdo ghost-beam toward a new hideout…which is that way!” She pointed toward where she saw the violet streak.
 
“Are you sure?” Jack asked.
 
“Please, Mr. Fenton! I've got a gut feeling about this!”
 
Jack turned back toward the front and thought for moment. “…Hold onto your hats, folks!” He said as he held the handlebars tighter and turned them to the left. “We've got a ghost to catch!” He declared before zooming toward the new, and unknown, destination.
 

~

[1] Refer to Chapter 11 for this reference.

Jeez, my hands are aching...
Tune in next time for another exciting chapter of RoTR!!! ^^
Seeya!