Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Phantom or Fenton? ❯ Chance Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chance Meeting
 
To anyone else Samantha Manson lived the perfect life: rich family, parties every night, popularity, fame, a football star boyfriend and anything she could every want at the push of a button. But Samantha was anything but happy; in fact she was down right miserable. No one understood her or even tried to understand her. Her parents, whom she loved with all her heart, only cared about appearances and the family was seen as a whole. There was no room for individuality in their eyes. Her so called friends, the popular group, were nothing but a bunch of stuck up rich brats who cared more about who's father bought them a new porch than who the current President was. Every time Samantha showed a little of her true self ether her parents, her boy friend or any number of her friends would pull her aside and remind her of who she was, or rather what she was. Blueblood.
 
Samantha sighed as she closed her Environmental Studies textbook and glanced over at the clock. It was 10:30PM, she had thirty minutes until her favorite club opened and she didn't want to be late. Pushing back her chair she placed the textbook back into her backpack for safekeeping as she moved to the mammoth closet that adjoined her own room. Walking swiftly past all the bright hues of pink, yellow and blue she found herself at the very back of the large room she dared to call a closet. It was here that the colors began to change to much darker hues of brown, black and green, this was more her style. Lavender eyes passed over several shirts and skirts of different lengths, materials and styles before she pulled out her favorite pair. With her clothes in hand she bent down to retrieve a pair of black army boots and stockings that matched her shirt.
 
Normally she would change in her room but she didn't dare show clothes of these colors anywhere her parent might unexpectedly pop up. So she striped right then and there. Slipping on a simple purple tank top and a pair of comfortable jeans Samantha was dressed and ready to go. Padding out her closet she picked up a hair accessory that matched her shirt and moved towards her bedroom window. This was becoming a routine for Samantha and she hardly ever thought of being caught by her parents anymore, she just wanted to be free. Even if only for a few hours, she would savor every second of it.
 
With a quick check that no guards were lurking about Samantha hopped out her bedroom window and sprinted across the lawn to the high gate that surrounded the Manson property. Treading lightly she found the two bars that she had jimmied loose years ago and shifted them enough so she could slip through. Once on the opposite side she re-adjusted the bars and took off down the street. It wasn't until Samantha had walked five blocks away from her home did she stop to haul a cab. Ten minutes, it was a new record for her. The whole idea of her doing something like this was risky and there would be hell to pay if she got caught but it was so worth it.
 
In the backseat of the cab Samantha finally slipped into her purple stockings and black army boots lacing them up tight. Flashing the driver a smile she pulled back some of her hair into a high ponytail and sighed. Now the real fun would begin!
 
Walking past the bounce at the front door wasn't much trouble as he knew her by name. She had come her often enough to befriend a few people who worked in the club so getting in was never a problem. Taking in her surroundings of the dimly lit room, strobe lights and the occasional person in leather or ripped jeans Samantha suddenly felt as if a weight had be lifted off her shoulders. Expertly moving within the crown Samantha found an empty table near the bar and took a seat. Within moments a waitress was at her table asking for her order.
 
“Yeah, I'll have a Bud Light please.” Samantha replied.
 
The waitress smiled and walked off to get her drink leaving Samantha to her own thoughts. A couple to teens walked on past laughing and talking amongst themselves as they took seats at the table to the left of her own. Samantha watched as they ordered drinks and two of the group members left to dance as another fast tempo song began to play.
 
Oh to be young and free. She thought watching them with longing. Not even in her teen years did she have that much freedom but she did have some. It was expected that she would be a little rebellious of her parents in those days but after her high school graduation her parents put a firm stop that.
 
“Here you go.” The waitresses voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She placed a tall glass of wine down before Samantha and turned to walk away when Samantha stopped her.
 
“I ordered a Bud Light, I'm sorry.”
 
The pretty blond smiled and winked at her, “That gentleman over there ordered the wine for you miss.” She pointed over Samantha's shoulder.
 
A bit shocked but mostly confused Samantha turned around to find whom the waitress had been pointing out. She scanning the crowd looking to find anyone looking in her general direction but found no one paying her any mind. How weird was that?
 
Turning back to her drink Samantha jumped in surprise to see a man sitting across from her. He smiled and something in Samantha trembled.
 
“Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. I hope you don't mind your upgrade.” He said as he pointed to her untouched glass of wine, his own glass in his hands.
 
“Oh, n-no, thanks, I don't mind.”
 
Samantha could hardly concentrate on the drink as her eyes played over the male before her. In all her life Samantha had the `privilege' of being surrounded by `beautiful people' but never in all her life had she meet one that lived up to the name. Most `beautiful people' were only good looking with such greedy and stuck up personalities it didn't really matter how they looked because by the end of the day she wanted nothing to do with them. But the man before her was in a class all his own. He sat there casually sipping his wine and listening to the band play as if he didn't have a care in the world. But now that Samantha thought about it the man sitting before her had to be in his own world, for just about every woman within eyeshot was staring at him and glaring at Samantha.
 
Not that Samantha blamed them; Samantha had to admit he was incredibly breathtaking. His face was perfect with high, defined cheekbones and full lips that begged for a woman's kisses. His dark hair was cut shorter in the back than in the front, which seemed to kiss his forehead and curl over to touch his cheeks. He wore a white silk shirt that was open at the neck and upper chest; the sleeves were rolled back up his arms. His skin was a tawny golden color Samantha had only seen on men in magazines. But what really caught her attention, aside from the obvious hint of muscles his shirt failed to hide, were his eyes. They were the most intense blue eyes Samantha has ever seen; in the dimly lit club they almost glowed. From the waist up he was absolutely every woman's dream.
“So, will you tell me your name or am I going to have to remember you as the woman I bought wine to?” His voice held a hint of playfulness that mirrored in his eyes.
 
Samantha blushed lightly but tried to cover it by taking a sip of her wine.
 
“Samantha.” She finally said once she got her skin tone under control.
 
The gentleman smiled again, “I'm Daniel, nice to meet you Sam.”
 
Samantha blinked at his formalness. No one, not even her own parents would even call her by anything but Samantha, Sam was too tactless for a family wish such sophisticated tastes as the Manson's! But for some reason when Daniel said it felt…good.
 
Samantha returned his smile, “Same here, Danny.”
 
The pair continued to chat amongst themselves for well over an hour, laughing and talking about anything and nothing at all. For Samantha if was the first real conversation she had in ages. There were no fake smiles, no smug looks or a mention of how much money her family was worth. The night was going perfect so of course something had to go wrong!
 
“Samantha! What are you doing with the punk?!” Samantha cringed at the all to familiar voice that belonged to her boyfriend.
 
TBC…
 
~*~*~
 
So was it any good?
Bad?
Have a question because your confused?
Find a spelling or grammar mistake?
Please tell me any and all critiques are welcomed here!