Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ The final battle ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the show Danny Phantom, it is owned by Nickelodeon and Butch Hartman, and I do not own the song Jungle Love by Morris Day and the time. Also, this story takes place shortly after The Ultimate Enemy, and the pairing is going to be Danny and Valerie. Anyway, on with the fic.
 
Its weird how one event can change your life, for Danny Fenton it was his near-death experience attempting to rescue Valerie. And yet for some reason he couldn't get his mind off of her. Sure, she's beautiful, but she isn't Sam. And what about that new power Vlad had gained, he almost destroyed Valerie, if Danny hadn't stepped in and took the hit for her, and now she knew his true identity. But why was it that every time he thought about her, his heart began to beat real fast… “No.” “It can't be, I'm falling in love with her, the one person who would stop at nothing to destroy me…” “ARRGGHH! What am I going to do?” Danny Exclaims in frustration. He then decides to flip through the television channels, and he comes across an old Morris Day and The Time video, Jungle Love.
 
“That gives me an idea…” Danny says thinking about the talent show coming up.
 
Meanwhile across town Valerie was thinking about Danny and how he almost died trying to save her from that other ghost…but why should she care whether he lives or dies…but for some reason the idea of Danny dying caused her a great deal of pain, as if she loved him or something…
 
“No…” Valerie says, “It can't be… I can't feel anything for him!” “He's my enemy!” “And yet, when he tried saving me, there was some look in his eyes, like my life was the only thing that mattered.” Valerie says to herself.
 
Her heart begins to beat faster at the thought of him protecting her, “Oh my God, I'm in love with Danny Fenton.” “Oh Lord, what am I going to do…” “I'll avoid him at all costs, and maybe that foolish emotion will wear itself out, yes, that's what I'll do.” Valerie says then proceeds to go to her room and go sleep.
 
The next day at school Danny proceeded, with caution, to approach Kwan and Dash with a business proposition.
 
“Hey Dash, Kwan, can I talk to you guys for a second.” Danny says to them nervously.
 
“Sure Fen-ton, Make it quick before I decide to stuff you in this locker.” Dash says mockingly.
 
“Alright, how would you guys like to make fifty bucks a piece?” Danny asks.
 
Dollar signs appear in Dash and Kwan's eyes and Dash says, “You've got my attention, what do we have to do?”
 
“Alright, listen up; first off do you guys know how to play any instruments?” Danny asks.
 
“I can play guitar.” Kwan says.
 
“I can play the drums, but if you tell anyone that I'll kill you.” Dash says.
 
“Great!” “Listen, I want you guys to do backup singing and dancing for me at the talent show, plus you're going to play those instruments.” Danny says to the both of them.
 
“I won't play the drums for under seventy five dollars, got me?” Dash says.
 
“Oh, alright.” Danny says giving a sigh of defeat.
 
“Alright, what song are we going to do?” Kwan asks.
 
“We're going to do Morris Day and The Time's, Jungle Love.” Danny says smiling proudly.
 
“Oooh, I love that song.” Kwan replies.
 
“I'll provide the outfits for this, all you guys have to do is show up at my house to practice every day until the talent show, okay.” Danny says to them.
 
“Alright.” They both say.
 
Over the next few weeks Danny, Dash and Kwan had managed to plan everything out perfectly. Danny had secretly found out from her friend star, that this was Valerie's favorite retro song, and that she had always wanted a guy to sing it to her.
 
Valerie proceeded to show up at the talent show, she wasn't performing, but she liked to see the other students make fools out of themselves. She proceeded to take her seat front and center, but little did she know that after tonight, avoiding Danny was going to be impossible for her.
 
It had all come down to the last participant…Danny Fenton.
 
“Alright people, Quiet down, we have one last contestant in this competition…Danny Fenton, and he'll be performing a song, oh, but he has one thing he would like to say before he and his band performs.” Mr. Lancer says to the crowd.
 
Danny then steps out from the curtains, in a suit and says into the microphone, “Uh…Hello everyone, I have just one thing to say…Valerie Gray, this ones for you.”
 
Valerie proceeds to blush deep crimson as the music begins to play…
 
“Leaping Leptons, it's like I'm in college again!” Mr. Lancer exclaims.
 
"I - I've been watching you."
 
"I think I wanna know ya." ("Know ya.")
 
"Said I, I'm a little dangerous."
 
"Girl, I'd love to show ya." ("Show ya.")
 
"My jungle love, yeah." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"I think I wanna know ya." ("Know ya.")
 
"Jungle love." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Girl, I'd love to show ya." ("Show ya.")
 
Danny then proceeds to jump off the stage, and walk over to Valerie and run his hand across her cheek making her blush even more, he then continues to sing:
 
"You - You've got a pretty car."
 
"I think I wanna drive it." ("Drive it.")
 
"I ain't playin', said I drive a little dangerous."
 
"Take you to my crib, rip you off ... huh!" ("Jungle love.")
 
"Look out, oh!" "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"I think I wanna know ya." ("Know ya.")
 
"Oh, jungle love, yeah." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Girl, I'd love to show ya." ("Show ya.")
 
"Come on baby, where's your guts?"
 
"You wanna make love or what?" "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"I wanna take you to my cage."
 
"Lock you up and hide the key." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"You on..only get water, baby."
 
"Cause if you're hungry, take a bite of me." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Oh, jungle love, yes." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Think I wanna know ya." ("Know ya.")
 
"Hey, jungle love, mmm." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Girl, I'd love to show ya." ("Show ya.")
 
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, jungle love, oh!" "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"I think I wanna know ya." ("Know ya.")
 
"Jungle love." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Girl, I... I think I wanna, ("Show ya.") I think I wanna file my nails."
 
"Hey Jesse."
 
"N..now Jerome, yes!" "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Check it out!"
 
"Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Jungle love, yeah." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"I think I wanna know ya." ("Know ya.")
 
"Oh, jungle love, yes." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Mmm, girl, I'd love to show ya." ("Show ya.")
 
"Oh, my jungle love, well." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Mmm, I think I wanna, I think I wanna." ("Know ya.")
 
"Jellybean, uh!" "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Yeah!"
 
"Jesse, gimme one of them sexy solos right here..." (Kwan then proceeds to play the guitar)
 
"Break it down, uh!"
 
"Yes! Huh."
 
"Whoa, eh, hah!"
 
"Get..get outta the way."
 
"Move over."
 
"Yeah."
 
"Oh, jungle love, that's right."
 
"Can't nobody fuck with me, uh."
 
"I got a bearskin rug." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"I got a fireplace too." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"And I'm all the way wild, baby." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Oh, the things I could do to you." "Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh."
 
"Hey!"
 
"Jungle love!"
 
"Jungle love!"
 
"Jungle love!"
 
"Yes, yes!"
 
"Ha ha!"
 
"Aah, that's it, that's it."
 
"Hold on."
 
"Ha ha ha ha ha!"
 
"Shit!" "Ha ha!"
 
When he had finished, Sam proceeded to look at Tucker and say, “What the hell?” “What makes her so goddamn special?” But Tucker and the entire student body had erupted into applause.
 
“Well, it looks like we have a winner, Mr. Fenton, please come up here and get your prize money.” Mr. Lancer says then proceeds to hand Danny a check for one hundred dollars, which Danny takes it and walks over to Valerie and hands it to her.
 
She looks at him and asks, “What's this for?”
 
He looks at her and says, “Well, it's for me trying to make up for the hell I've put you through…and, well, I think…oh never mind.” Danny says blushing a great deal and starts to walk away, but she catches his arm, pulls him into her arms and kisses him deeply on the lips, and when they had broke away, she looks at him and whispers, “I love you, Danny phantom.”
 
“I love you Valerie Gray, will you go to the upcoming Dance with me?” Danny asks her.
 
“Of course I will, does this mean we're dating?” Valerie asks smiling.
 
“Only if you want to.” He replies.
 
“Of course I do.” Valerie says excitedly.
 
Meanwhile in the ghost zone, Clockwork, the keeper of time was observing things and says,
 
“Oh dear, this is not good, I may have to intercede.” He then pulls out a glowing green orb and says, “Hopefully this will do the trick.”
 
“Soon Daniel, very soon, I'll destroy you and that girl.” Vlad says watching them from afar.
 
A/N: Hey everyone, how's it going? Okay, who's up for a little sneak peak…everyone? Good, okay, next chapter Danny and Valerie with the aid of Clockwork will travel into the past and confront an old enemy and learn the truth about their relationship. Also, just to note, there will be a little Angst in the next chapter, just a little though. Anyway, please review. Thanks.