Death Note Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Deadly, Doggy, Bleached-Out Diary ❯ Inuyasha's new Diary ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I own Inuyasha, Bleach, and Death Note. HAPPY OPPOSITE DAY!!! :D

Light sped down the streets of Tokyo, weaving between cars like a dance to the music of loud horns and curses thrown his way for reckless driving. His fury was multiplying by the second and uncertainty of what he would do to that old man made him a bit nervous, too. Where was Ryuk? Was he now with the old man? The thought made him sick to his stomach. Finally, Light’s car screeched to a sudden stop in front of the ridiculously long staircase to the shrine. The car door slammed behind him and Light sprinted up the stairs.
The old man was nowhere to be seen, so Light went on a full-blown man hunt. He searched behind the house, in front, in all the smaller buildings but he could still not find that annoying old geezer. Finally, Light came to the last structure on the property, the well house. This was where he took it out of his jacket pocket. Maybe he dropped it in here on accident? Light went into the building and looked everywhere. He finally stopped to catch his breath and sat on the edge of the stairs leading down to the well.
‘Meow… meow…’ could be heard coming from the well. Light decided it wouldn’t hurt to save a cat’s life, so he went to the edge and looked down. As the cat walked around the edge of the well, however, Light felt like an idiot and immediately turned around to leave, his head hung in shame and worry about what he would do without his Death Note. As he walked away from the well however, a blue light erupted from it and stopped him dead in his tracks. Without turning around, he could feel many arms wrapping around him, making him freak out in a panic attack.
“AHHHH!!!” the thing sighed. “I’m ALIVEEEEE!!” The arms tightened around his tense waist and his mind went blank in, what he thought was, insanity.
“Is that you, my pretty little jewel holder? Kagome, is it?” The woman’s voice sent chills up his spine and the arms tightened so that he couldn’t breathe any more. He just then realized that he still had not seen his attacker, for he was facing the door out of the well house with her behind him. The woman gasped suddenly,
“That is not you Kagome! Turn around, you and let me look at your face!” Light Yagami turned his face and blanched at the sight of an over-grown, female centipede. She smiled evilly and continued on with her monologue.
“You may not be Kagome, and you may not have the jewel, but you are one, sexy man!” She squealed in girlish delight. Instantly, she whipped him down the well and into the blue abyss. If he weren’t so shocked and frightened, he would have filed a lawsuit for whip-lash!


__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________


“Hello, my name is-“Kagome screamed bloody murder. She had never seen something so weird and frightening in her weird and frightening life. The thing was hideous! Inuyasha jumped up on instinct with Tetsuiaga already transformed. During all this chaos, three more people rushed into the small hut, making the already crowded hut unbearable.
“WHO ARE YOU!?” A female voice rang out, clear and strong. Three swords, a bow and arrow, a giant boomerang, and ball of glowing, green fire, surrounded the beast and he laughed maniacally.
“You actually think you can kill me? I am Ryuk, the great shinigami. And you, dog-man, now own my Death Note. Pleased to meet you.” He held out his hand and Inuyasha immediately swatted at it with Tetsuiaga.
“Oh, hell no! Don’t even think about touching me!” The shinigami’s hand retreated and he pouted,
“I just wanted to get to know my new partner in crime!” Inuyasha grimaced and held Tetsuiaga to the thing’s throat.
“Tell me what you want and what it’ll take to make you go away.” The snarl came straight from Inuyasha’s throat and everyone knew he was serious. The small girl who just came in walked forward to Inuyasha and spoke up.
“I can tell you what he is and what he’s after. He’s a shinigami who was shunned out of the soul society for making evil notebooks that kill humans. During research, a group of soul reapers acquired the power to take human life, without even having to touch them. But the inventions were turned down with the claim that they would upset destiny, fate, and the circle of life. They were thereby shunned and made illegal. However, some of the soul reapers enjoyed the new power they had gained and held on to the experiments for their own desires and love of power. They were soon found out, though, and since at that time, we didn’t have the sokyouku (sp?) to execute them, we shunned them to the underworld, where they turned ugly and uncivilized. There, they began reproducing Death Notes for all the evil shinigami.” She finished. Inuyasha and the rest of the gang were unsure of most the things she said, but understood enough to know that the notebook Kagome had was a bad thing. Inuyasha was infuriated,
“You bastard! Take the thing back! We don’t want it!” The evil shinigami laughed and said,
“Just think of all the things you could do with it! Just give it a try for a few days and see how it feels to have power beyond anyone’s belief!” Inuyasha got an interesting look on his face. Kagome knew he was in deep thought, so she didn’t say anything.
“OH CRAP!”Ryuk cried from his position over the crowd of people in the hut, “You have a minute and five seconds to write the details of the death in the book, or bad things will happen!” Inuyasha looked bemused by this,
“What sort of bad things?” He questioned arrogantly. The shinigami looked panicked,
“JUST DO IT NOW!!” He yelled. Kagome threw Inuyasha the book and pink pen and he immediately scribbled down the details. Kagome watched extra carefully this time, making sure to watch his every pen stroke, seeing if he really was as talented at penmanship as she thought. He looked as if he was rushing as fast as he could and she could only imagine chicken scratch with that kind of nonchalance and speed, but when he finished, she could only see perfection. He snapped the book shut and gave the shinigami a haughty look.
“You happy now?” He asked. The shinigami looked as if he just survived a heart-attack.
“Immensely.” Ryuk answered. Inuyasha threw the book at him with great force and shouted,
“NOW TAKE IT BACK! We can kill people ourselves.” Ryuk wasn’t finished yet.
“Who are you going to give it to? I’m not allowed to have it anymore. The boss down there says that I’ve lost it too much, so I can’t have control of it until the next century.” Inuyasha couldn’t think of a single person who should be allowed such power. He would never give such power to the stupid and stinky wolf that was Koga. The guy was such a coward that Inuyasha would be dead in a second. Sesshomaru? Sesshomaru would think himself too high and mighty for such a thing and turn down any kind of assistance; especially if it was offered by Inuyasha. Kikyo doesn’t do evil… or does she? But no, not Kikyo. Naraku was out of the question! There was no one other than those people important enough to be included. Inuyasha took an annoyed breath and opened his eyes out of thought.
“I’ll take it.” He said. The two ‘soul-reapers’ standing in the background instantly came forth and the girl held out her hand.
“Give me the diary. It should be in the hands of someone who understands it.” She tapped her foot impatiently. Inuyasha was instantly aware of his dignity slipping away and turned up his nose at her.
“No way! I’m keeping it! I’m now the rightful owner!” the girl got angry, and a boy, with orange hair and in the same outfit as she, stepped up to her side,
“Look dude, she knows what she’s talking about. We’re just gonna take the diary to the soul society and have them destroy it, or something. Hand it over and I won’t have to hurt you.” The hand of the girl bounced up and down and her foot tapping was increasing in speed as her impatience grew. Of course, Inuyasha was also infamous for his lack of impatience too, so he stood up and grabbed, once again, Tetsuiaga. Kagome stood too in an attempt to stop the fight that was about to break out.
“Inuyasha! Please don’t start a fight!” She yelled.
“The diary is mine, so deal with it!” He yelled at the soul reapers.
“Just give it to Rukia and we’ll be on our way!” The orange-haired boy yelled.
“Hell no!” Inuyasha retorted. For half a second, there was complete silence. Then, all hell broke loose. Yelling and screaming erupted. Miroku had joined, too and the evil shinigami, Ryuk, took Inuyasha’s side, not wanting to go back to the soul society. The fighting got louder and louder, when finally, Sango stopped it.
“What the HELL is going on!?!?!?!” She screamed at the top of her lungs.
“Who are you talking to?!?! There’s no one here but us and Kaede. Why did you scream, Kagome? And why is Inuyasha fighting with nobody over that stupid book?!?! I have no idea what you guys are doing and it’s pissing me off! So somebody better explain, NOW!” The fight stopped and nothing, not even breathing, could be heard as the whole room of people/demons/shinigami, turned to stare at her in amazement. Kagome was the first to realize what was happening. She kneeled by Sango and looked at her in sympathy.
“We all forgot about poor Sango, guys!” Kagome was irritated that nobody else was on the same page as she was. In an exasperated sigh, Kagome went on with her explanation of why Sango was oblivious to what was happening.
“Like Miroku, Kaede and me, she doesn’t have spiritual powers, so she can’t see the shinigami in the room. Inuyasha, you and Shippo and Kirara can see them because you are immortal and unearthly, and they are too. I’m so sorry Sango; I’ll explain everything…”
Kagome told Sango the whole story of what was being discussed and fought over. Sango’s face betrayed her shock and she couldn’t deny the fact that she felt jealous of her comrades and left out. Kagome patted her back and stood up again. She shook the hand of the girl shinigami and said,
“Hello, I am Kagome Higurashi; miko in training for this village.” She smiled warmly at the other girl. The girl smiled just as warmly,
“And I am Rukia Kuchiki; soul reaper. And this is Ichigo Kurosaki; also soul reaper. Uhm… I couldn’t help but notice the pins on your bag and the un-evil diary in it… Uh… Are you a Chappy the Rabbit fan, too?” She asked. Kagome’s face lit up at the mention of her favorite thing in the whole world, besides Inuyasha. But that was a whoooollllleeee different story.
“Yes! I love Chappy the Rabbit!” The two girls, with huge smiles on their faces, bounced up and down in their giddiness at Chappy the Rabbit. Inuyasha immediately started cracking up at a thought that passed his mind, and just like all thoughts that pop into his head, no matter what they are, Inuyasha voiced it.
“Hahaha Kagome! You finally found your rival in shortness!” Ichigo, the guy, joined in with the hanyou’s laughter and added,
“Yah, Rukia, your not the shortest anymore!” Kagome and Rukia fumed at the insults and then realized, just then, that they were looking directly into each other’s eyes. They were the exact same height. Kagome huffed in annoyance and looked at the other girl again.
“133 centimeters?” She asked, crestfallen. The other girl nodded her head,
“Exactly.” She replied. Kagome wasn’t going to let Inuyasha have this one.
“Your not so tall either, Hot Shot!” She pointed to the boy.
“You’re shorter than-, uhmmm…. I’m sorry. I’m afraid I already forgot your name.” She confessed. Ichigo could relate to her dilemma, considering he had a hard time with names, too.
“No problem. It’s Ichigo.” Kagome smiled evilly and turned her eyes back on Inuyasha.
“You’re shorter than Ichigo! I never thought you were that tall anyways. I mean, Miroku is taller than you, Kikyo comes up to your nose, Naraku is taller, Sesshomaru is taller, you’ve been called ‘little man’ by more than half the demon’s we have encountered. Its way too easy for Shippo to jump on your shoulder, and let’s see… Oh! Koga is taller than you by far!” On that note, Inuyasha was about to explode.
“At least I’m not considered a midget!” He yelled with a cocky flare.
“SIT YOU JERK!!” Kagome shouted before he could insult her further. She could take no more. The two soul reapers just stood in shocked silence as the funny looking dog-man smashed face-first into the wooden floor. Rukia almost popped a vein with the effort she put forth to stifle a giggle.


_____________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ __________________________


Rukia took that time to take in her surroundings. The man, - well, boy, really- that smashed into the ground had dog ears on his head! They were sooooo cute!! Was everyone here adorable?! She decided, however, to keep that question for later. From the looks of his, and everyone’s clothes, she was in some kind of alternate universe. The past? She had been in many odd places, but for some reason, this just blew her mind. Yes, they were all wearing very old clothes. The dog-man in hakamas, the dark-haired, pony-tailed man in monk’s garb, the oblivious woman in traveler’s clothes, the squirrel- er, fox- in cute little hakamas too. There was even an old woman in miko wear. Then she looked at her height buddy again. Wait, WHAT?! That can’t be right! Kagome was wearing a middle school outfit!! People of these times didn’t wear those clothes, of course! She needed to find the answer to this question right away.
“Say, Kagome?” She asked hesitantly.
“Yes?” The girl asked from her position on the floor next to the blunt and rude Inuyasha.
“Why are you wearing a school uniform?” As Rukia asked, Ichigo snapped to attention as if he had just realized she was wearing it too, like Rukia. When she asked the question, the whole atmosphere had changed from light-hearted and humorous, to suspicious and hesitant. Rukia elaborated on her question,
“Well, I don’t know if I’m suspecting correctly but, I assume we are in the Sengoku Jedai?” Kagome’s eyes were guarded and darker,
“Yes, that’s correct.” She replied.
“Ok then,” Rukia went on, “why are you wearing modern day clothes?” Kagome cot a curious look on her face too,
“You’re a shinigami, so how do you know what school uniforms are?” Rukia realized that she really shouldn’t know what school uniforms look like, but amazingly, in gigai form, she wore one on a regular basis.
“Well, I had been on a mission in Karakura Town and I went to school for a while in a form called gigai, which is when I take on a human form, and I wore a school uniform. Of course, I was in my first year of high school with Ichigo, so mine was a bit different, but I had a friend in middle school too, and her uniform was identical to yours, just in different colors.” She admitted. Kagome seemed to relax a little, but not much.
“Tell me, how did you get here?” Kagome asked.
“Ichigo and I followed a creature called a ‘hallow’ down a well and we instantly teleported here. I don’t understand why, though.” She said.
“Now you know how I got here. I live in the house on the property with the well on it. I was dragged down the well one day by a demon and Inuyasha here saved me from it. Then…” Kagome went on to tell Rukia and Ichigo the whole story, Rukia held on to every word of the girl’s amazing tale and she was completely transfixed by the incredibleness of it. Nobody even noticed that Ryuk had left long ago.
When the story was over and she knew everything, Rukia excitedly chirped,
“You know, your story would make a great anime!”

____________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ _____________________


AN: Hey! So, I was totally going to dedicate this to Kogasux, but this turned out to just be more build up to the real action, the next chapter, the one that will answer all of his questions, will be dedicated to him!!!! So, let me explain some things:
1.)I f you don’t understand my disclaimer, it means ‘I don’t own Inuyasha Bleach, or Death Note.’
2.)Don’t ask me what happened to Gramps, I don’t know.
3.)Don’t ask me how Mistress Centipede came back to life; I don’t know that one either. Weird stuff just happens.
4.)Sango CANNOT see Ichigo, Rukia, and Ryuk. Or anything of the unearthly or spiritual world, as Kagome so eloquently put it.
5.)Yes, Ryuk is ugly. There is no denying it.
6.)No, I don’t know if the Shinigami of Bleach and the Shinigami of Death Note have any connection to each other, but for the sake of ADDBOD, they do!
7.)I’m sorry I just kinda made Kaede, Shippo, Miroku and Sango sit around in the background while big stuff happened, it was just too hard to include them. Kirara is always in the background so don’t even bring up her.
8.)Yes, Rukia is really 133 cm. tall. 133 cm is the equivalent to 4’7” on the standard system. Nobody knows how tall Kagome is supposed to be, I assume, so for comic relief, I made her as short as Rukia so Inuyasha could make fun of her further.
9.)I don’t know for sure that Ryuk was condemned from his Death Note, I don’t watch enough to know, but, again, for the sake of ADDBOD, I had to throw that in there so Inuyasha would be forced to keep it.
10.)To write down the details of a death in the Death Note is an actual rule. The rule states that you must write down the details of the death within 6 minutes and 40 seconds of the death. Or 400 seconds.
11.)Maybe Rukia did have a middle school friend, I don’t know!
12.)Don’t worry! Sango, Miroku and other not-introduced characters will have a part in this! I might throw in some other Bleach characters and of course, since they’re in the Sengoku Jedai, all the important Inuyasha characters will be included!
13.)R&R please! :D
Sorry if this chapter sucked! J