Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Mikami ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP and Kodansha. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal and don't sue. Thank you *Phantomness bows*
Chapter 4
 
“Cerberus.”
“Yes, Teru?” Cerberus took another bite of his vanilla pudding. Mikami was pretty boring to be around, honestly, so normally he stayed at home while the prosecutor went to work. It would be hard to explain why a grown man carried around a stuffed doll, in any case…
“I believe you mentioned once that the Clow Cards are drawn to my presence.” The prosecutor said stiffly. “Yet, why is it that we often have to travel several hours to reach the card?”
Cerberus shrugged. In all honesty, he did not know himself. “I don't really know.” He said honestly.
Mikami nodded, slowly. “I would also like an explanation for why this was lurking in my office.” He slid the card across the table, and Cerberus sucked in a breath.
“You caught Shield?”
“It seems so.” He said coolly. “Oddly enough, it managed to deflect several bullets before it willingly took card form.”
“Someone tried to shoot you?”
“Not me.” Mikami said smoothly. “My briefcase.”
“The evidence! Shield likes to protect important things, so it was really trying to help you.”
To help… him…
“That would make sense.” Mikami said thoughtfully. Cerberus beamed.
“Shield's a useful card. It can protect you from many things.”
Mikami nodded, and asked no more.
If even inanimate spirits believed in justice, and aided him, willingly, how much more could he hope to aid Kira?
He smiled, slowly, and Cerberus turned back to his pudding.
 
End Fic
Completed 2/13/07
I already warned all my readers that this story is most definitely not in chronological order, right?