Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Mikami ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP and Kodansha. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal and don't sue. Thank you *Phantomness bows*
Chapter 5
 
Mikami swore underneath his breath as he released the power of the Sealing Wand, heedless of possible spectators. The witness had been talking quite animatedly in her box when the sword broach on her lapel had glowed suddenly and changed into a rapier. She had then proceeded to attack the guards, taking them down in seconds, and there had been a mass exodus from the courthouse.
Satisfied that no one seemed to be watching, he faced the woman defiantly. Cerberus was still at home, but he was confident that he could deal with this Card on his own.
She charged at him, and he barely had time to block her strike with the Wand, hissing. She was strong! Perhaps…
 
“Shield! Contain her in a barrier!” Mikami cried, as the Card shimmered in midair, answering his call. He struck it with the Wand, gratified to see a barrier form around the crazy woman. For a moment, he felt relief, as the woman gazed at the dome surrounding her blankly. However, a moment later, the sword was out again, and it cut through Shield easily, like a knife through butter.
It was at that moment Mikami decided that discretion was the better part of valor and he had better put some distance between them. Activating Dash, he ran for his motorcycle.
 
“Cerberus!”
“Hmm?” The guardian asked, blinking at the phone. “Teru?”
“How do you defeat Sword?” The prosecutor asked, noticing with alarm that the woman was still running after him waving the Sword.
“You ran into Sword?” Cerberus asked. “Where are you?”
“Heading home.” Mikami replied grimly. “But I'd be grateful if you could give me some advice.”
“Sword is an extremely dangerous card.” Cerberus said. “It turns the wielder into a master swordsman, and easily overwhelms those with no magic.”
“Well, that was evident. How do I defeat her?”
Cerberus winced. Mikami currently only possessed Dash, Shield, and Libra. Sword could cut through Shield with ease, so that was little protection. Dash could only prolong the inevitable.
The guardian winced. This was not going to end prettily. He just hoped it wouldn't end with him missing a Candidate.
 
“I… don't know.” The winged teddy bear finally said; sounding unusually subdued. “I'm sorry.”
… Sorry?
He was not going to die here! He couldn't die. Mikami's eyes blazed crimson for a second, and he nodded. A moment later, he cut the engine and waited.
Kira … I trust you…
Surely Kira would not wish for him to die here…
Only the evil deserved to die, but Mikami Teru was not evil. He was righteous! With that thought in mind, he drew the single card left, and tapped it with his wand. “Libra.”
The Sealing Wand shimmered, becoming a pair of scales. Mikami gripped them tightly in his hands, waiting…
It did not take more than a few minutes later when the woman appeared, eyes still blank. With a roar, she charged him.
Mikami did not move, until she was almost upon him. Then he shifted.
Her blade clashed with the crossbar, and in an eye blink, the sun and moon had swung free and wrapped about her throat. She gasped for air, and that was when he calmly drove his other arm into her stomach.
She went flying backwards, dragging him with her, but he was careful, and he calmly levered the blade away from her.
Then, he reverted Libra back into the Sealing Wand, and smiled.
“Return to the guise you were meant to be in, Clow Card.” He said calmly. The sword glittered once, twice, before becoming a card and drifting into his hand. The Sword. Aptly named.
He penned his name at the bottom in black ink, tucking the Card into his pocket. The woman did not stir.
Was she dead? Perhaps. It was no concern of his.
He walked back to his motorcycle without a backwards glance, and checked his watch. He still had work to do.
 
End Fic
Completed 2/18/07
Yes, I know these are really short but I like them! Mikami is ruthless though, and he can be pretty heartless as well…