Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Mikami ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't write these things in chronological order, really, since they're related drabbles…
Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP and Kodansha. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal and don't sue. Thank you *Phantomness bows*
Chapter 3
 
Mikami stared in horror as the flames consumed the building. The fiery angel was barely visible, but the heat even from this distance was startling. He felt a moment of pity for Takada, but it was quickly smothered.
Surely Kira had chosen this death for her, since it would dispose of all evidence, unless of course, it was just coincidence…
More likely Firey had been simply attracted to fire. It made sense. In any case, he had chased the spirit for almost an hour on his bike, and now, it seemed, the chase was up.
 
“Firey is one of the four elementals, correct?” He asked.
Cerberus nodded. “She will be very difficult to defeat.” He warned.
Mikami nodded, slowly. Watery would have been ideal, but it was a card he had not yet captured. He was not foolish enough to use Windy, therefore…
“Libra.”
The scales materialized in his hands, and he watched as they tipped, ever so slightly, to the left.
So. Justice was not being served. He watched as the firefighting vehicles began to arrive. It might be simple this way, but just in case…
Wand in hand, he approached the blaze. Firey struck out at him, and he barely had time to call Shield for protection, but Libra remained, grasped tightly in his left hand.
It was odd, Cerberus had commented once, how he had an affinity for this card, but it mattered little.
He held Libra before him like a weapon, and red light began to gather in the palm of his hand. He was justice, after all, and justice would always prevail.
Cerberus watched in amazement as Mikami focused raw magical power into the Libra card, forcing Firey back, chains of rusty crimson wrapping around her in a parody of love. Firey staggered, falling to her knees.
It was time.
“Return to the guise you were meant to be in, Clow Card.” Mikami whispered. Firey staggered, but the ribbons were orange as the card dropped lightly into his hands. Mikami turned to smile at Cerberus, only to find that the guardian was glowing faintly.
“Cerberus?”
“Firey is an element under my control.” The winged bear said. “When you capture it, I gain some extra power.”
“Ah, are you able to return to your true form then?” Mikami asked, purely out of curiosity. Cerberus had mentioned it once.
Cerberus shook his head. “But I have acquired some flame magic.”
“Then it was not a loss.” Mikami tucked Firey away, and turned, walking back to his motorcycle.
 
Five minutes later, when Yagami Light and his escort appeared, there was no evidence of any kind.
 
End Fic
Completed 2/13/07
Takada's dead. Hehehe… and I figured the Libra Card could be Mikami's magical focus, because otherwise he's going to have a lot of trouble card capturing! ^^