Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Mikami ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP and Kodansha. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal and don't sue. Thank you *Phantomness bows*
Chapter 7
 
“The four strongest cards are Firey, Watery, Windy, and Earthy?” Mikami asked.
“Yes and no.” Cerberus said, between bites of a red bean mochi. “The two strongest cards are actually Light and Dark. I represent Light and the Sun, so Firey and Earthy are both required before I can assume my true form. Yue, the second guardian, represents Dark, and the elemental cards Watery and Windy.”
“But to defeat the first tier cards would be very difficult.” Mikami deduced. “Especially considering my current set.”
“Yes.” Cerberus agreed, frowning.
Mikami nodded, and said no more.
 
Three weeks later, Mikami was in possession of both Windy and Firey, and the sun guardian was unceremoniously forced to eat his words. Libra….
Libra was a weak little card, or it had been, but ever since Mikami had become he Candidate, Cerberus had felt the card's power steadily increase. If Mikami used it as a magical focus so often, it would make sense, but even so, it was almost as though it's moon-based alignment was changing to that of the sun…
Mikami's inherent magic was sun-based. Cerberus knew that well, if the eye color change to crimson whenever he used magic was not enough proof, his aura was simply very warm. The guardian liked it.
It was a pity that Mikami was so serious, and seemed to be more interested in someone named Kira than the Cards. Oh well. Cerberus had not met Kira yet, but he was sure it would be interesting…
 
Still, the little guardian was very glad that the strange other spirit hadn't seen him. Shinigami… so they really exited…
Mikami had been quiet, once the Shinigami had confirmed he was not Kira, but the strange crimson light in his eyes when he used the notebook was something that frightened Cerberus.
A notebook that killed just by writing people's names down… and Mikami had traded half of his lifespan at a blink for the Shinigami Eyes…
What would become of his Candidate?
 
End Fic
Completed 2/22/07