Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Mikami ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Death Note belongs to Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP and Kodansha. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Don't steal and don't sue. Thank you *Phantomness bows*
 
Card Captor Mikami - Epilogue
 
His body was still in shock, wrists shackled, but he could dimly hear Kira - Light - God, speaking, and he almost wished he hadn't left Cerberus at home. The guardian animal would have been useful as a distraction, especially since he could take full form…
No.
This power had been given to him, and he was not going to waste it. Even if his hands were shackled, for now, he could…
“Release.”
 
The whispered exclamation went unnoticed, but the sudden explosion of light caught everyone's attention. Mikami grasped the Sealing Wand tightly in his hands, already moving.
“Shadow, bind them! Shield!”
Shield shimmered into place around a very surprised Light Yagami, deflecting the bullets, even as Shadow crept up, relishing the dark environment and winding tendrils around the bodies of all assembled to immobilize them.
Matsuda turned, stared in surprise, as Mikami smiled. The manacles were a pity, but he had no time to deal with them. Kira had trusted him to eliminate the unworthy, and that was his job.
If the Death Note were unavailable… he would have to resort to other methods. The Card was bright in his hand, as he made his way to his God's side.
“Firey.”
 
They watched the building burn to ashes, all those inside condemned, and Light said nothing for a long moment, as Mikami watched, a thin smile on his lips.
Ryuk flapped his wings noiselessly behind them, looking surprised.
“Shinigami-san…” Mikami broke the silence, “You knew I had the Cards, did you not?”
Ryuk shook his head, a strange expression crossing his face. “No. I never suspected.”
“What are these Cards, Ryuk?” Light finally asked.
Ryuk shrugged. “It's a rumor in the Shinigami world. There was a magician who managed to live several hundred years… he had managed to find some method of prolonging his lifespan… and it was rumored he combined Eastern and Western magic to make a set of cards…”
“The Clow Cards.” Mikami said smoothly. “They came to me. Of course I would use them to further Kira's justice.”
For a long moment, Light did not speak, before he stood and pulled the surprised prosecutor into a kiss. Ryuk chortled, taking in the wide-eyed expression on Mikami's face. However, Mikami didn't seem to be protesting, as he kissed Light back.
Fascinating.
 
“This, however, does mean that the Death Note was also destroyed.” Ryuk finally spoke. It seemed it was time for him to return to the Shinigami world.
“Perhaps,” Mikami agreed, as he drew another Card. “Mirror…”
Light caught a brief glimpse of a woman in pale green holding a mirror, before she faded away and was replaced by a very familiar black notebook. His eyes widened as he turned the pages, seeing exact dates and names, and the power running through his fingertips…
This was no fake.
It had been copied exactly.
 
Well, Clow Reed had been powerful enough to challenge death, and he had been able to prolong life. Ryuk shrugged. He hadn't really paid much attention to Mikami's lifespan, only to the decrease when the man had traded for the Shinigami eyes, but now he wondered…
If this copy proved true, he could stay here for a while longer, and Mikami was turning out to be quite amusing. Yes, very interesting…
With the cards on their side, it would make death easier, Light had to admit. And Mikami was useful, and loyal, and though it had been a rather nerve-wracking experience, the true goal had been reached.
The opposition was gone.
Kira's world could begin.
Light said nothing more, and as he and Mikami slowly walked away from the burning building, Ryuk laughed.
 
End Fic
Completed 2/13/07