Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note: Mutation ❯ Chapter One: BitterSweet Thoughts ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
**CO-WRITTEN WITH MY FRIEND SEASON**

Disclaimer: We do not own Death Note (OCH: no matter how much I wish and I wish oh so badly...)

OCH (Original Cartoon Hero): *drooling over L and Light*

Eve: Uh... someone help her?

Angela: *wipes up drool*

Kat: *starts drooling over L*

Eve: Uh...

Angela: *mops it up*

Both: *drool more*

Eve: *moves away from puddles of fangirl drool* anyway... on with the story... Angie...
Warnings please... *inches away more*

Angela: *mopping it up still* Very serious and follows a lot along the lines of Death
Note, there MAY be some OOC-ness, and if you don’t like the characters in this fic, the exit door’s to the right. ^_^

Terri/Lydia: Save us....


Death Note: MUTATION

By: MAIDEN OF TIME AND SPACE and her friend Season

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````



Chapter One~ Bittersweet Thoughts

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````

~~~~It has been months, since my brother took the Kira case...and I rarely see him anymore…~~~~~





In a dimly lit apartment, a frail looking girl sat in a chair, her long black hair covering her face. She wore a black dress, but no socks or shoes, and she was curled into a ball, watching the TV with it on mute with subtitles.





~~~~~He barely even said goodbye to me…and I rarely get a call from him…but it is always like that.~~~~~






The sound of a door opening startled the young girl, and she turned to where the noise came from.

A girl walked into the room, a plastic bag in her hand. Her school uniform stood out the darkness, mostly being white. She flicked a light on, the girl on the couch squinting her eyes shut tightly.

"You can't stay in here forever... you're reminding me of Light... he won't talk to me anymore..."

"Light....?" The girl whispered lightly, and the girl nodded with a sigh, placing the plastic bag down lightly.

"A friend of mine from school, but now he's not even talking to me... he rarely comes to school," she whispered, and the girl tilted her head.

"Oh..." she whispered, before looking back at the TV. The taller girl sighed at the laziness that she is seeing. "Stop watching TV. Get some exercise Lydia. You're going to get fat," she joked.

The frail girl Lydia threw a pillow at her, she dodged and threw it back.

"Come on, Lyd! Please... I don't want to be alone anymore..." her voice shook, Lydia's feet going to the floor. She padded across the carpet and hugged the taller girl.






~~~~~Terri is a friend of mine that I met a long time ago…she would come and visit me all the time…and a few times she even met my brother…and found out who he was…~~~~~~






“You aren't ever alone, Terri... you should know big brother and I are always here to welcome you." Terri scoffed.

"No offense, Lyd... buuut... Your brother is a BIT crazy..." Lydia smiled childishly.

"But your cake shop gets good service from him and his obsession with your strawberry short cakes." She giggled and Terri rolled her green eyes.

"Seriously, I always get these calls from him for like a dozen boxes....I swear to God he should be 800 pounds by now..." the older girl muttered, and Lydia smiled lightly.

".....I don't see Brother anymore..." Lydia whispered after a minute, and Terri sighed.

"Well he IS on that Kira Case, can't blame the guy." She said, and Lydia looked down.

"....Still...."

"Suck it up Lyd! He, at one point, is going to come back!" She patted the girl's head. "With his skills, that Kira is going to be behind bars in no time!"

"You're being a fangirl." Lydia noted, she smiled to herself.






~~~~~Terri had cared very much for my big brother ever since they met that one cold afternoon when I was only four. But when she started to go to that high school... it ended…~~~~~






"Whatever! You're coming with me!" Terri huffed, grabbing Lydia's wrist and dragging her through the dark hallway and out the front door.

~~~

She squeaked as the older girl dragged her off. "W-Where are we going?" She asked softly.

"Where ELSE? I have work tonight and I definitely need some help since I'm going to be by myself!" Terri huffed as she dragged the younger girl down the streets. The sun blared into Lydia's eyes, making her squint and Terri laugh.

"God, you're like a vampire," she giggled and Lydia blushed a little in embarrassment.

"B-But!! I don't like your work!!" Terri stopped at her shout.

"Why?" Lydia looked up at the sign above where the other raven-haired girl worked. Sweat poured down her face, the large sign read COSTUME CAFE.


"...Oh for the love of-It's not like we're gonna be wearing skimpy outfits Lyd! There's others!" Terri sighed as Lydia shuddered.

"B-But...I rarely wear anything costume-ish, even on Halloween.."

A sigh came from Terri as she pulled the girl in. "At LEAST wear like an apron or something." She said.


"Terri-chaaaaan!!!!!" A girl with bright blonde hair, in a maid's outfit, glomped the tallest female, nearly making her crash to the floor.

"G-Good afternoon, Miyuki-chan..." Lydia looked at the blonde curiously, the blonde glared.

"Who's she?"

"Oh... this is Lydia... she's a friend of mine." Terri whispered very softly to her, so others would not hear, the blonde giggled. “Awwww, she’s a darling!!!”

"U-Um..."

"EEEKKK LOOK AT YOUR BIG PUPPY EYES!!!" The girl squealed, and you could seriously see the hearts all over.

A twitch came from Terri, and Lydia eeped. Suddenly, Miyuki grabbed the teenager’s hands.

"OH MY GOSH LYDIA-CHAN, YOU WOULD LOOK SOOOO CUTE AS A LOLITA!!" She squealed loudly, and Lydia blushed red.

"L-Lolita?" she squeaked.

"Yeah... she would, wouldn't she?" Terri hefted Lydia over her shoulder and took her into a back room. Lydia shuddered in fear at the many costumes that littered a rack in front of her.

"You wouldn't dare."

"I would."

"But I don't want to!!"

"You won't show anything!!"

"STILL."

"Put it on." Terri held up a goth maid outfit.




~~~~~Terri has always been trying to open me up and make new friends…even if she had to dress me up like a little doll…~~~~~






**FIVE MINUTES LATER**

Terri grinned evil ly at the blush that spread over pale ivory cheeks.

"It IS cute...."

Lydia blushed and squeaked, and Terri grinned. "Alrighty, now go out there."

"NO!" She squeaked, and Terri glared.

"Do I REALLY have to drag you out there?"

------

"W-Welcome sir how may I help you?" A sullen Lydia said with a sigh and sweat drop a few minutes later, the man eying her like she was a piece of sugary candy.

Terri came up behind her and put her arms around the small girls waist.

"May I be of some assistance, sir?" Lydia sighed thankfully. Terri was taking some heat off of her by the outfit she wore. The short red Chinese dress molded perfectly to her body, the open top curving suggestively around her cleavage.

"Y-Yes... I would like a tea and cake set."

"Coming right up!" she giggled cutely. Lydia smiled to herself,

'L would love to see her like this.'

A half hour later the manager turned up the TV to the News:

" Our Top Story today! As most of you all know, Late last night, shown on Sakura TV live, Kira had shown his power and 3 police officers have died mysteriously of heart attacks!" (1)

"What the-police officers!? What is this Kira person THINKING?" Terri exclaimed.

"He'll most likely get the death penalty if he's caught." the manager sighed. Lydia looked down meekly. 'Nii-san....please hurry and catch him...please..' she thought.

Terri growled, throwing punches into the air.

"L is sure to catch that freak!" Lydia smiled weakly at her friend. "Don't you think so, Lydia? And when he does I'll give him the best strawberry cake he's EVER tasted!"

"I-I'm sure he'll like that..." She smiled. The door to the shop then opened, a little bell going off showing that someone walked inside. Terri turned with a smile.

"Hello!! And Wellllll-LIGHT!!!" she exclaimed as Light Yagami stood there blinking.

"Hm? I'm sorry but who are you? And I am here to pick up a cake for my sister’s bake sale." he asked in his soft, polite, and unknowingly to others fake voice.

"It's me!! Terri!!"

Lydia quietly poked her head out and blushed a little, like most girls would do, at Light.

She gave a worried smile.

"L-Light... you're kidding right? It's Terri Hiromi... your friend..." his expression was blank.

"Sorry, wrong guy." she felt anger bubble up in her as tears slipped down Terri's cheeks. Terri took three quick steps forward and slapped him, HARD, across the face.

"Light Yagami you're such a... such a... a JERK!!!!" she screamed, bumping into him and running out the door crying.

Light looked down lightly as the young girl ran from the shop. 'I do know you Terri...but if I get close to you again.....who knows what KIRA might do...' he smiled wryly.

"U-Um...excuse me....that was mean...sh-she talks about you all the time..." Lydia whispered softly, looking down as Miyuki ran off after Terri.

Light blinked upon looking at the small girl, noticing the blank grayish black eyes that a certain somebody he knew had.

'Hm, this kid... her eyes... she looks a lot like L...' They soon heard Terri screaming outside. Her voice was shrill and high as she shrieked for help.


"Hey come on lady, I can show you a rrreealll good time." A rather ugly man sneered as he walked up to Terri, Miyuki hiding behind him.

"Back off you freak!!!" Terri squeaked. Light's eyes narrowed.

"..... He deserves to die too. And he came right on time.." It was very faint, but Lydia heard Light whisper that. 'W-What does he mean?' Lydia thought.




SCREECH!!!!



CRASH!!!!!!



In seconds, the criminal was dead, hit by a car that narrowly missed the two girls. Lydia ran up and hugged Terri and Miyuki.

"Y-You're okay...I'm so glad..."

"Yeah... but why the hell did a car come out of nowhere like that? Like... it was planned..." Terri blinked. "... Or maybe a coincidence...." she added in, her voice holding curiosity. Light's eyes were on Lydia though, as if he was studying her.


Suddenly Terri turned, looking at Light. Her face was red and tears still streaked her pale skin. He looked to her, the look in her eyes was familiar to him. She had figured something out.

"What happened to you, Light? First your school's no. 1 student, then you never leave your room... all these killings happening, then you show up saying you don't know your own friend..." she walked up to him, she was nearly his exact height. "Then at the point in time that I'm in danger, a man dies. The man who was endangering me."

"I don't know what you're getting at," he growled out. He knew Terri wasn't stupid, and neither was that Lydia girl. Speaking of, she stood right by Terri's side, looking at him with the look L gave him when his coal black eyes began to study him. Terri leaned into his ear.

"I know who you are." that's when he saw the shinigami behind her.

"What do we do?" Ryuk asked, Light only able to hear him.

"....What do you mean, are you saying I could be this Kira? That's ridiculous." He acted.

"I'm saying it could be a possibility-"

"Such a silly girl you are, like I could kill someone. Oh! I better go and get home! Nice meeting you too!" He ran off.

"H-Hey, I'm not done with you yet!" Terri cried out, but glared. "Dammit..."



~~~~~Light Yagami….Terri cared for him greatly…but I…ever since our eyes met….I couldn’t stop shaking….~~~~~










-------

"T-Terri-chan...? D-Do you believe, he could be..." Lydia quietly sat in a cafe chair, the two girls getting some dinner here.

"Man, I have no idea...he could be...I mean, that was TOO much of a coincidence..." Terri sighed and Lydia looked down. "I-I see..."

Terri cheeks puffed out as she pouted. She jumped up, slamming her hands onto the table.

"W-what is it?" Lydia asked, startled.

"When I was talking to Light I felt this really weird presence behind me... and he looked like he was planning something..." She growled loudly, "That's it! I'm going to Light's home tonight... his mom isn't home so she won't bother us... I NEED to have a talk with him..."

"...." Lydia was silent as she looked down to her lap, she didn't like this idea. At ALL.


~~~~~

Eve: DONE!!

Lydia: *crying*

Terri: ._. Well ain’t this full of sunshine and kittens so far...

Kat: ^^ So like Angela said, if we need ANY improvement on characters, plots, the fact L actually has a relative even though he is an orphan, please tell us! But in a nice way please. R&R!!