Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Deceit ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Death Note or any of the characters thereof, except for the ones I have created specifically for this story. I am writing this story for entertainment purposes only.
 
Warnings: Character(s) death, slash (L/Raito[Light]), deceitful relationship, personality canon compatible, canon compliant, Alternative Universe, no fluffy romance
 
Summary: Both Raito and L both decide to become closer to find out the ultimate secret they need by becoming lovers. Slash L/Raito AU
 
Prologue
 
The yellow haired Misa stared at the eyes of her attacker, terrified at what was coming next. Before she could utter a scream, the knife plunged, meant for her heart, went into her throat instead, cutting through the passageway of her voice and airways. Gurgling, she felt the knife leaving her throat and felt another stab in her chest. Misa wondered briefly why she was dying tonight, why no one was saving her. She was the most beautiful girl there ever was.
 
In the back of her mind, she knew she would be reunited with her parents again.
 
Her head grew light as she fell to darkness, never to wake again.
 
Elsewhere, a shinigami sniffed, holding tightly on to his Death Note as he watched the attacker take his own life.
 
“I should have… I should have killed him, killed him first!” Jealous said, crumbling under the weight of his love affection's death, “Now, I have nothing… to watch over…”
 
“Don't be that way, Jealous,” Rem said, resting her hand on her friend's shoulder, “you knew that we're not allowed to interfere with a person's lifespan.”
 
“I know… if it weren't for that short refresher seminar on being a shinigami last night, I would've… saved her. I know I would have.