Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Of Living Lives and Surviving Highschool ❯ Of Contemplations and Door Smackings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm going to point this out now: This is an AU story that focuses mostly on Erutis. There will be an ErutisxChris pairing, and I probably won't put a RaenefxEclipse pairing (though I wouldn't mind doing it, I just don't know how I'd write it.) Whatever is said in here most likely does not pertain to the manga and is made up `cause I want to write it. I'm also sorry if this seems more set in America, but that's how I'm going to write it.
That being said, I can move on.
Disclaimer: I don't even own the mangas.
This has yet to be titled, so if you want to give me title ideas, then I will happily accept them. Doesn't mean I'm going to use them.
Currently Untitled
Chapter 1: Of Contemplations and Door Smackings
Erutis stood two feet in front of the school building. Her brain told her to go in, to act like her life was fine, but her feet begged her to turn and ignore the school. She rubbed her arm where a bruise was forming and stared at the crowd of teenagers chatting and walking in their groups. It was a game she played to make herself feel better: look at a person who looks perfect and happy and imagine what's wrong with their life. She was cynical like that.
The red-head sighed, jostling her bag a bit. Two feet forward and she would be forced to sit through class after class where she had to pretend she did her homework thoroughly during study hall when she really scribbled down the answers this morning. Two feet backward and she could hide in the nearest arcade or the mall or something.
`The road not taken,' she mused. They were studying that poem in English class. The only reason she remembered that was because that was the day she forgot her CD player.
Erutis shook her head and headed into the school. What was the worse that could happen?
XxX
It was amazing that Erutis had forgotten the worse thing about school: Krayon. The boy obsessed over her endlessly and did the most idiotic things to catch her attention. The most amazing thing was that he never took a hint.
“Oh, crap,” Erutis muttered as she opened her locker, revealing a single rose on the top shelf.
And there the boy was. Before he could say anything, she slammed him against the lockers.
“How the hell did you get into my locker?” she growled.
He smiled. “Love conquers all, even locks.”
She let go of him, murmuring something that sounded oddly like, “Where does he get this crap?” Krayon sidled up to her, looking at her with sparkling eyes.
“If I ask you to go away, will you?” she said.
“No.”
`It was worth a try.' “I'm going to class. Yours is the other way. Please leave me alone.”
He just grinned and sauntered away, blowing her a kiss before he did.
`Well that was annoying,' she thought, `At least it can't get much worse.'
And that was when she smacked into a door.
 
Author Time:
Mk, not the best beginning. Kinda got the idea in my head while watching “Teen Titans.” Don't ask me how. If the characters seem a little off, you will have to forgive me. I'm still working all this out.
I know it's been forever since I updated “Past and Present”, but please bare with me. I've hit a bit of a writer's block for that. I know what I'm going to do, I just don't have chapter 3 ready.
Until next time, review!