Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Of Living Lives and Surviving Highschool ❯ Of Meeting Boys and Lying Through Teeth ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

So, yeah, the first chapter was kinda short, but this one should be longer. Oddly enough, I stopped writing for a few minutes after the first paragraph to bang my head repeatedly onto my mattress. It kinda hurt.
So, since I made Krayon a teenager, I might end up making Eclipse one too so he and Raenef can have their little moments, but it's hard to think of Eclipse as anything but how he is in the manga.
So, thanks to those that reviewed. I appreciate it, even if it was only two people. I guess most who read Demon Diary fanfics are more into Eclipse and Raenef based fics. I just like writing about Erutis. Who knows why.
Um, quick sidenote, I have no idea what color Chris's eyes are. I tried to find out, but they looked brown and blue. So I improvised. I'm fairly sure that Raenef's eyes are blue, right?
Still Untitled
Chapter 2: Of Meeting Boys and Lying
Erutis rubbed her head and gave the door a death glare. The boy who had opened it seemed oblivious to the fact that he had run it into someone.
“Pain,” she groaned.
Her voice seemed to catch the boy's attention. The wide-eyed expression on his face showed he realized what he'd done.
“Ah!” he seemed to panic, “I'm so sorry!” The boy knelt down beside her and pointed to her arm. “I didn't do that, did I?”
She blinked, realizing his face was inches from hers. He had shiny black hair that was ruffled and unkempt and tawny eyes tinted blue that looked oddly vacant.
“Hello?” he waved a hand in front of her face, “Did I knock out your brain?”
She snapped back, knocking him to the floor in the process. “Uh, no,” she said clumsily.
The boy picked himself up, resting on his knees, and glanced at her, one eyebrow arched. “No what?”
“Oh, um, no, you didn't hurt my arm. I did that this morning.” Erutis rubbed the bruise self-consciously. “You just knocked me on the head a bit. I'm fine, really.”
He smiled, letting out a relieved breath. “Good. Sorry `bout that.” He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. “Um, I'm Chris, I guess.”
“You guess?” She shook her head. “Then I guess I'm Erutis.”
“Nice meeting you, considering the situation.” Chris rose and held out a hand to help her up. She took it gratefully. “So how'd you get that bruise?”
She glanced at it, startled. “Oh, I just… fencing club. Whacked myself. It hurt. Like pain.”
Chris laughed, eating her lie. “I'm not the most grateful myself.” The bell rang, signaling the start of first period. “Ugh, class. See ya around.” He ran down the hallway.
Erutis watched him go. Once he had turned the corner, she let out a breath and glanced around.
`Well, looks like I'll be skipping first. Should've just gone to the mall.'
XxX
Erutis wandered the hallways for a good five minutes before she was bored. Maybe holing herself up in her locker wasn't such a bad idea…
She stopped. There was a person in the middle of the hallway. From behind, it looked like a girl, but he/she/it was wearing boys' clothes. He/she/it looked lost.
“Um,” Erutis gazed at him/her/it uncertainly, “Are you okay?”
He/she/it turned around, revealing that it was in fact a boy. He looked close to tears, but his face nearly split in half when he saw her.
“Oh thank God,” he said and, without warning, wrapped her in a hug, “I've been walking around this school all morning and,” he let go of her to glare at the sheet of paper in his hand, “I can't find my first period.” He turned back to her, his eyes getting watery. “Please help me.”
Erutis was taken aback by the sudden physical contact but couldn't help but want to squeeze him back; he looked like a plushie. She sighed, a smile flitting across her features, and grabbed the sheet from his hand. Her smile instantly dimmed as she saw his first class.
“We have the same first period,” she said in a bit of disbelief.
“Really!” the boy shouted, “That means you know where it is!”
“Joy,” she sighed. There was no backing out of this one. “Come on, let's go.”
The boy grinned, sticking out his hand. “I'm Raenef.”
“Erutis,” she said, shaking his hand with a bit of displeasure.
A few minutes later they had reached the classroom, much to Erutis's disappointment.
“Erutis,” the teacher said, “How nice of you to join us. I'm sure you have a nice excuse.”
She smiled sweetly, though it was obvious how fake it was. “I had a bit of an accident this morning and went to the nurse. When she was done with me, the bell had already rung. I ran off before getting a pass and found this guy wandering around.” She jabbed a thumb in Raenef's direction.
The teacher gave a disapproving nod. “Fin, just sit down. And you must be our new student. Raenef, was it?”
The boy grinned. “Yep! I-”
“Good,” the teacher interrupted, “Sit down. Take the seat next to Erutis.”
`Really should've just gone to the mall.'
 
Ah, the Mighty Author Time:
A bit of a longer chapter. As mentioned above, I have no real idea what Chris's eyes looked like, and, this being an AU, took a bit of creative licensing. I'm trying to figure out how to fit Eclipse into this, but it doesn't seem to be working.
So, on a completely different note, the newest episode of “Teen Titans” is tomorrow! I missed “Mother Mae-Eye” so I get to watch that. Luckily, I've seen screenshots up until the third installment of “The End.” I'm proud of the people who made the show for not completely botching it.
I'm sure only animeobsessed[insert number here] actually cared about that.
Thanks for reviewing (both of you):
xxblissxx- Interesting as in good interesting? I hope so. I think you reviewed my other one too. Ah, well, thanks!
animeobsessed3191- I'm sure we're not the only ones. Maybe the only ones who have that set into their mind. But you're right, I just can't imagine Erutis and Krayon together. Makes no sense to me. I'll have to read yours. I never really looked at it.
If you are reading this, review!!!! I demand it!!! [insert evil laugh here]