Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Of Living Lives and Surviving Highschool ❯ Of Making Friends and Giant Cookies ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yeah, I guess the chapters are kinda short. You'll learn to deal with that.
I don't know where my reviewers went. I feel so unloved.
Bla!
Alright, time to start the chapter.
Come on people! All I need is a goddamn title!!
Chapter 3: Of Making Friends and Giant Cookies
And suddenly, Erutis had friends.
It really was a quick little bit. She sat down at her usual table and took out a flimsy ham sandwich, and somebody scooted the chair back next to her, setting down a tray. Startled, she turned to see who had joined her. It was the guy from earlier; the one who had rammed the door into her.
“Um… hi?” She raised an eyebrow as he sat down.
“You don't mind if I sit here?” It was more of a statement than a question, as he was already digging into his food.
“I… guess… not…” She gave the food a sideways glance.
A second seat groaned in protest as someone occupied the space across from her. She glanced toward the newcomer, startled. It was the boy she'd helped to class.
“Hi!” he said. He looked at her lunch and then pulled out his own, handing her a cookie. “Here.”
She gave him a questionable gaze but took the cookie.
`Maybe this won't be so bad after all.'
(oh the page breaks)
It was after class.
Erutis was trying to find a place to hide out in for a few hours. Normally, she'd go home, eat a quick dinner, and hide in her room `doing homework,' but today she didn't feel like going home to face her parents.
She wandered about the school for a minute, considering for a quick second to go to the library then instantly wrote the notion off as a bout of insanity, before a teacher herded her out. Deciding that it probably wasn't worth the trouble of avoiding home for a few hours, she took her `shortcut' (meaning, of course, that she took the longest route possible, perhaps doubling back every now and then, maybe even a snack or something if she had enough money.)
Of course God (if you believed in that sort of thing) seemed fairly pissed off at Erutis today, and she ran into some unfortunate company.
Krayon, as we've recently met before, decided he was in love with Erutis, and took most of his time stalking her and breaking and entering. Not to mention he had quite a bit of power, and used it to his advantage.
Him alone was bad enough, but seeing him with a recently (and quite suddenly) acquired friend was another thing entirely.
It wasn't that Erutis didn't like Raenef. On the contrary. She thought he was adorable and sweet and funny (like your baby cousin or something), but she really wasn't in the mood for anything at the moment, especially not his overly perky attitude and her stalker.
So, God decided to place them together and torture her for the remainder of the day (if you believe in that sort of thing.)
The first thing Erutis saw was Krayon. He was dressed in his usual frills and things and instantly spied her with that adoring (and creepy) look in his eye. The next thing she saw was Raenef looking bored beside him, but instantly brightening as she approached them (of course it was involuntary approach, as they had been in her path.)
“Well isn't this a surprise!” Krayon cheered.
Something in his voice told her that he had been expecting her, but she wrote it off as basic paranoia. “Yep, lovely meeting. I have to go now.”
Raenef was suddenly beside her, his eyes pleading her to stay. “Krayon told me you'd be here, so I wanted to say hi!”
So, not the regular paranoia. She shot the flustered boy a piercing glare before turning to smile at Raenef; she could tell without looking that Krayon was in fact jealous that she was smiling at a different boy than her. “That's nice. I have to go home now.”
Of course, none of them believed her, since she hadn't been very convincing.
“I'll buy you food,” Krayon teased.
“'Cause that's gonna work,” she mumbled sarcastically.
Raenef laughed. “I'm getting a giant cookie. Want one?”
`If Raenef's here, it can't be that bad,' she mused, `Plus I am kinda hungry.'
“Why not?” she said with another smile (making Krayon absolutely livid), and leaned down to whisper in Raenef's ear, “We can have fun annoying Krayon together.”
Oddly enough, the boy seemed very happy at the idea.
 
Author Time:
I'm sorry it took forever to update. I feel horrible about that. I won't be here next week either, so don't expect another update for a bit. I am working on longer chapters. Really.
Responses:
animeobsessed3191- But it's fun to point out what the other is doing wrong! And rambling is just as fun. That damn writer's block. I hate it.
angstluver- I've figured out how to fit Eclipse in, but it won't be until the (semi) end (or before that, if I feel the notion.) ^__^