Demon Diary Fan Fiction ❯ Of Living Lives and Surviving Highschool ❯ Of Wondering Games and Interesting Annoncements ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I am no longer scathac's warrior. I am now: JIMMY THE GOTHIC EGG! Tremble in my mighty… eggy…ness…
I RULE YOU ALL!
It takes me forever to think up chapters for this story. Sorry! But, to make up for it, I finally have a title!
Of Living Lives and Surviving High School
Chapter 4:Of Wondering Games and Interesting Announcements
Erutis was very uncomfortable.
A scar ran from her shoulder to her elbow. She'd prompted to wear long sleeves, but she had this feeling that it was still bleeding and everyone was staring at her.
Last night, as she'd gotten home, her father had begun screaming in a very drunken manner. She saw a broken beer bottle and heard a crash, and the next thing she knew it was morning. She'd pulled on clothes quickly and fled before either of her parents could see her.
And here she was, pretending to be a perfectly normal child when she knew she was the exact opposite.
If life was a game, she was playing by someone else's rules.
It was a sick game anyway.
Erutis pleaded for the bell to ring. At any moment she could be free of this hateful prison and into another.
She wondered if anyone else had her problem.
She wondered how long it takes one to find out a secret.
She wondered how long it took for school to drive you insane.
She decided she needed to be less cynical.
She decided she would be less cynical when Krayon stopped obsessing over her.
He would probably obsess over her until he died.
She wondered what would be easier: killing herself or killing him.
The bell rang.
`Thank God.'
She wondered if Raenef would bring her a cookie.
(more page breaks)
After a long week of school, the toils of homework, and the constant reminders that you “aren't living up to your potential,” the normal student got a weekend, just barely tainted by homework, made for hanging out and relaxing.
In Erutis's case, after a long week of school, she had a long weekend at home, trying to remain locked in her room (she really did have a lock and long ago hid the safety key where only she could find it. Her parents had yet to notice.)
Yes, it was officially the weekend.
Yes, all of Erutis's new friends (yep, both of them) were extremely excited.
Yes, practically everyone was extremely excited.
No, Erutis was not one of the `everyone.'
And no, Raenef did not bring her a cookie.
But Chris did have an announcement.
“My life sucks.”
Erutis bit thoughtfully into her sandwich. “I could've told you that.”
Raenef was more sympathetic to his friend. “How come?”
“My dad's having this huge formal party. I have to go.”
Erutis wondered what would happen if she told him why her life sucked.
“How come?” was Raenef's ever-insightful question.
“I dunno. He's gonna make some announcement and he won't tell me what it is.”
“So your dad's rich enough to have big formal parties?” Erutis asked, her attention focused on the meager lunch she'd packed for herself.
“Yeah. All of them suck.”
Raenef looked thoughtful (he looked it, doesn't mean he was it.) “Maybe we can come too. It would be less boring.”
“No,” Erutis said, wondering how mayonnaise got on her sandwich.
“No!” Chris said much too quickly, instantly catching both persons' attention.
“`No?'” Erutis mimicked.
“Why not?” Raenef gave him a suspicious look.
“N-no reason,” Chris stumbled to catch himself, “I just don't think I could invite you.”
Erutis gave him a disbelieving glance before turning back to her sandwich. “Just as well. I wouldn't go.”
Raenef was not one to let things drop easily but followed Erutis's lead. “I guess so.”
Chris let out a sigh of relief.
Raenef and Erutis exchanged glances. This was going to be interesting…
Author Time:
I haven't mentioned Chris enough, so here he is.
I've got an interesting idea on this. I wonder if anyone's figured out Erutis's problem yet. I wanted to keep it kinda secret for a bit longer, but I guess you can figure it out from this.
Who is Chris's father? You'll find out soon enough.
A few announcements of my own to make:
Past and Present (another Erutis story) is being revamped, so I'll have to delete that and repost it.
I'm starting a new story, thanks to Fallen Seraphim Azarael. It will be a Krayon/Erutis story, just because he/she (I don't know your gender, sorry) requested it.
This story, however will end ErutisXChris. I might get some RaenefxEclipse going.
Only one person offered ideas for titles, but I thought up one on my own, so, sorry.
Reviews (make me happy):
Xgirlrogue- No, Krayon's not getting the girl end, but I am starting a new story where he will, so look for that.
Hm- I'm not a huge Krayon fan, but Erutis is my favorite. Plus, ErutisxChris is one of my new favorite pairings, so it's fun to write about them.
animeobsessed3191- Yep, torturing Krayon is fun. We'll focus more on the problem at hand, though. Don't worry, there will plenty of moments when Krayon might… I dunno, get run over by an AV cart?
Fallen Seraphim Azarael- We all have our opinions. I might give Krayon some pain, but nothing too bad. If I'm in a good mood, I might at least have him be friends with Erutis.