Digimon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Humanity ❯ Protect ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was a beautiful day in Humanity as Togipi was walking to school and the leaves were falling.

"Ah, what a lovely morning." She said to her self. "How can this get any better?" Just then, she saw B.R.I.AN dressed as normal, except his shirt was buttoned and he was smiling at her.

"B.R.I.AN! What are you doing here? Am I being attacked?" Togipi asked.

"No. This is more important." He said. "Togipi, I love you. I've loved you ever since the day we fought the R.Y.ANS together. I've loved you ever since that day."

"Oh, B.R.I.AN! I feel the same way." Togipi said. They were about to kiss as the day got brighter, and brighter, and brighter…

******************************************************** ****************

…until she saw that she was really in a Pokemon Center.

'A dream.' She thought. 'It was a nice dream, I wish it was real.' She then saw B.R.I.AN.

"How do you feel?" B.R.I.AN asked.

"You were here?" Togipi said. B.R.I.AN nodded. "How long was I out?"

"Twenty minutes. The doctors just found Ash, Misty, and Brock." B.R.I.AN said. "They should be here any minute."

"Why?" Togipi asked.

"Why what?" B.R.I.AN said.

"Why were you here with me?" Togipi replied.

'Now or never.' B.R.I.AN thought.

"Togipi… I… I…" But before B.R.I.AN can finish, Ash, Misty, and Brock came in.

"TOGIPI! There you are! Thank God you're all right." Misty said.

"They came here as quick as they could." Pikachu said as soon as he came in.

"Uh-huh." B.R.I.AN said, but all he was paying attention too was what his monitor said.

'Telling Truth: 50%.' It read.

'What the…?' B.R.I.AN thought.

"It's a good thing B.R.I.AN got you here in time. Who knows what might have happened." Brock said.

"The important thing is that you're safe." Ash said.

"Yeah. Hey, mom. If I feel better tomorrow," Togipi said, "can I participate in a gym battle?"

"I don't see why not. How about it Ash?" Misty said. B.R.I.AN and Pikachu were shocked.

'What the…?' Pikachu thought. 'Misty would never do that to Togipi. What's going on?'

'The files I have on Misty says that she never uses Togipi, nor does Ash, to battle. Something's wrong.' B.R.I.AN said.

"Hey, Pikachu, anything weird about them other than now?" B.R.I.AN whispered.

"Well, Ash never asked how his mom was doing." Pikachu said.

"Well, it's a bit late. We got to get back to our rooms." Ash said.

"Okay. Bye guys." Togipi said as everyone, but B.R.I.AN left. "Now, you were saying B.R.I.AN?"

"Togipi… I love you." B.R.I.AN said.

"OH MY GOD! I LOVE YOU TOO!" Togipi said out of excitement. "I've had these feelings for a while now, and…"

"Shhhhh…" B.R.I.AN said. Then he kissed Togipi. "Save your strength. Night."

"Good night." Togipi said. And she went to sleep, smiling.

*************************************************************** ********

Latter that night, B.R.I.AN was tired. He maybe a cyborg, but he's half human. As he checks to see if Togipi is ok, he sets his sensors on high as he drifts to sleep. He suddenly sees that he's in a lab. Not Giovani's, but another lab, where a strange looking creature is monitoring something. He looks over, and sees himself in another tube.

"HEY! WAKE UP! HEY!" B.R.I.AN said as he banned the glass. He sees his reflection, and sees he's wearing something, but can't make it out. Just then, he sees two other creatures joining the first one, and the alarms go off, and he is falling into a white light.

***************************************************************** ******

'ALERT! ALERT! UNKNOWN PRESENCE!' B.R.I.AN read on his monitor. He looks outside and sees a dark form about to float up. Not taking any chances, B.R.I.AN hides in the room, just as the guy comes in through the window and goes near Togipi.

"What the…? Huh?" Togipi said.

"Never mind." The form said. "You won't be around for long to know." Just then, B.R.I.AN grabbed the person from behind.

"Funny, I was going to tell you something along those same lines." B.R.I.AN said. But the person…

*SLAM*

…hits him so hard, he hits the wall.

"B.R.I.AN!" Togipi shouted. "NO!" She yelled… as fire came from her hands, shocking B.R.I.AN, but hurting the person.

"How…?" B.R.I.AN said.

"I don't know." Togipi said. "It just came to me." The attacker then got up and ran.

"I'm going after him. Call Joy and tell her to alert Jenny." B.R.I.AN said.

"Right. Good luck." Togipi said as B.R.I.AN left.

****************************************************************** *****

'Man, he's fast.' The person thought as B.R.I.AN was giving chase.

'I can't use the sky high, I'll fly right past him. Good thing I got some speed on me.' B.R.I.AN thought. 'This could be another R.Y.AN. They run almost as fast as me and this guy is just as fast.' They continued running, until they reached a field outside of town and the guy stopped.

"Who are you?" B.R.I.AN asked ready to fight.

"Gee, you don't recognize me? I'm shocked." A demonic voice said as the blackness around the figure revealed…

"Brock?" B.R.I.AN said.

"He's not the only one here." Another demonic voice said from the shadows. Then, that person came out of the shadows. B.R.I.AN recognized her instantly as…

"Misty?" He said just before…

*BONK*

…Ash, with abnormal strength, knocked B.R.I.AN out cold.

"By the time this moron wakes up, it'll be too late." Ash said.

"Let's get back before 'My daughter' gets worried." Misty said with a laugh. The other two trainers joined her in laughing.

************************************************************** **********

"I wish I knew where he was." Togipi said as dawn came to Humanity. "My first battle, and I can't find him."

"I'm sure he's watching you from a far." Chikorita said.

"Yeah. I know he wouldn't leave you high and dry." Pikachu said. But Togipi still looked worried.

"Togipi, relax." Bulbasaur said. "B.R.I.AN will watch you."

"It's not that." Togipi said.

"Then what?" Vulpex asked.

"It's my mom and the others. It actually started yesterday, but I shrugged it off. Something doesn't feel right." Togipi said. Just as she finished, Ash and the others entered the room with Jessie, James, and Meeowth.

"Are we ready to battle?" Ash said as the Pokemon nodded.

"Oh, if you guys are wondering," Brock said, "Jessie, James, and Meeowth are joining us to see how a gym battle is done."

"Right, and we got information about the leader." Meeowth said.

"His name's Trent Jones and he doesn't use specific Pokemon, he uses all types for battle." James said.

"You beat him, you'll get the heart badge." Jessie said.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Misty said. "Let's go and get you that badge Ash." She said just before they left.

****************************************************************** ****

Little did anyone of them know, save for the three trainers, B.R.I.AN is still out cold in the field. He wakes up however, and sees that he's in a dark place.

"What the…? Where am I?" B.R.I.AN said. Just then, Delilah appeared before him.

"Ms. Ketchum! What are you doing here? Where am I?" B.R.I.AN said.

"You're still out cold in the field." Delilah said. "As I'm in the hospital still unconscious. We're in your mind."

"How…?" But before he could finish the question, Delilah interrupted him.

"I'm a descendent of the original wizard that created the Poke-humans." She said. Then, she showed the moment Togipi fell into the cave and the white light surrounded her. "When The Forms, as they are known, disappeared, the wizard knew that they would be back, so he took almost all of his power, and put it in this cave for the one for when they return. The one doesn't have to be a descendent, like me, but someone with a pure, good heart. However, being a descendent gave me psychic abilities, being there the only thing that has dwindled from our families, and they do a number on my mind. When Togipi got the power and was unconscious, I saw The Forms making their move, and the pain was too great."

"What type of move did these Forms make?" B.R.I.AN asked.

"They took control of my son and his friends." Delilah said. "They have to have willing hosts, so they show them their worst nightmares and say that they will help them prevent them from coming true, when in reality, control them."

"I knew that they were acting funny." B.R.I.AN said.

"I know that you may have to hurt my son and his friends," Delilah said, "but you have to stop them from hurting Togipi. She's the one that will save us all from them. Please, protect her. Protect… protect…" Was heard by B.R.I.AN over, and over in his mind until he came to and said only one word.

"Protect."

**************************************************** ********************

At the gym, Ash was loosing the battle.

"COME ON PIKACHU! GET UP! YOU WILL NOT COST ME THIS BATTLE!" Ash uncharacteristically said.


"I'M DOING THE BEST I CAN!" Pikachu said

"Loser." Brock said. Just then, he felt something. "Uh, Misty, I'm going out for a bit." Brock said.

"Ok." Misty replied.

"Ash, I'm surprised how you treat your Pokemon. They should be your friends." The leader, Trent, said.

"SHUT UP! PIKACHU, YOU LOSSER, RETURN!" Ash said.

"ASH! I DID THE BEST I COULD!" Pikachu said.

"HE'S NOT A LOOSER!" Chikorita said.

"SHUT UP! TOGIPI, GO!" Ash said.

"No, I won't."

"WHAT?!" Both Ash and Misty said in unison.

"YOU'RE NOT MY PARENTS! I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BUT YOU'RE NOT THEM!" Togipi said.

****************************************************************** *****

'What's going on out here?' Brock thought just as soon as he went outside, and saw a dust ball running towards him.

'What the…?' He thought, but then he got a closer look. 'NO! NOT HIM! IT CAN'T…' But before he finished…

*WHAM*

…the thing running towards him clotheslined him.

******************************************************************* ***

"YOU WILL BATTLE! YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER!" Misty said.

"NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!" Togipi said. Just then, she heard…

"VIRAL KICK!"

…and saw B.R.I.AN deliver a shocking kick to Misty. Ash tried to punch him out, but B.R.I.AN grabbed his fist and said…

"SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM!" Delivering a powerful shock to Ash.

"B.R.I.AN!" Togipi said.

"That's not your folks." B.R.I.AN said.

"I know." Togipi said.

"So, you know who we are?" Brock said as he stumbled in.

"It doesn't matter…" Ash said.

"You're all doomed." Misty finished in a demonic voice as the trainer's eyes glowed red.

"What the…? What's going on?" James asked. Ash was about to attack him, when…

"NO!"

…Togipi shot out water from her hands and shot and soaked Ash-Form away from James.

"How…?" Pikachu said.

"I don't know." Togipi said.

"WE'LL FIGHT LATTER, LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!" B.R.I.AN said as he notified Jenny using his built in radio.

"Right." Everyone said as they got out of there.

"YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!" All three of the Trainer-Forms said in a demonic voice.

TO BE CONTINUED…