Digimon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad ❯ Progressive Clue of the Past ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
We’ve come to the next chapter and plenty of you might complaining that Serena’s OOC reaction might be a bit ‘over the top’, but you have to remember that it may have been over half-a-year since she got out of SAO, she is still suffering from that experience for one thing and SAO can be similar to what happened to soldiers in a war zone in which those ‘scars’ can last a lifetime, everyone. Part of the drama in this series is going to be the overcoming of those ‘scars’ for her and others. Anyway, let’s get on with the show!

 

I DO NOT OWN Sailor Moon, Sword Art Online, Accel World, Digimon series, Yu-Gi-Oh R/GX/5Ds/Zexal/Arc-V, Gundam series, including Gundam Build Fighters, Sekirei, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, Senran Kagura, World of Warcraft series,Power Rangers series, Tron, Code Lyoko, Rave Master, Mouse, and anything/anyone that comes from these and other stories that end up in this fanfiction! Sailor Moon is owned/licensed by Naoko Takeuchi and its various studios and publishers, Sword Art Online is owned/licensed by ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures Inc., and its various directors/publishers including Reki Kawahara and Tomohiko Itō, and Digimon is owned/licensed by Toei Animation and its various directors, including Hiroyuki Kakudo, Yu-Gi-Oh is owned/licensed by Kazuki Takahashi, Toei Animation, and Studio Gallop, Yu-Gi-Oh GX is owned/licensed by Naoyuki Kageyama, Studio Gallop and its various directors, Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds is owned/licensed by Katsumi Ono and Studio Gallop!

 

Warning: This story contains intense violence, blood, possible gore, death, mild to explicit suggestive themes, including mind-control and brainwashing, mild to explicit bad language, and mature adult themes/situations!

 

Second Warning: Some to a lot of OOC (Out of Character) actions and mannerisms in this whole story!

 

August 4, 2025, Juuban District

 

Looking out the window into the city from her beloved’s apartment home, Serena Tsukino has a solemn expression on her face as she looks into the city.

 

Serena thinks in her mind, solemnly, “How could I have let myself lose control like that? I nearly…”

 

Just then a familiar male voice asks, “Serena?”

 

Serena turns her head to see Darien looking at her with a concerned look and Serena says, solemnly, “How can I call myself the defender of love and justice when I nearly committed cold blooded murder? I don’t know…I just…”

 

Darien goes over, embraces Serena, and he says, “I understand. You are a mess, Meatball Head. It has been over half-a-year since SAO ended, but yet, you have only started to heal.”

 

Serena says, nuzzling against him, “How can you still be so faithful to me, Darien-kun? I…I’m not the same girl that I was.”

 

Darien says, making her face him, “Deep down, you are Serena. You may have changed, but it is understandable since you were in the worst conditions even more so than our battles against the Negaverse, the Negamoon, and even Chaos. You had to do what you had to do to survive and protect as many people as possible. You were betrayed by someone that you cared about so much and he betrayed you in the worst way possible. He is to blame for your forced changes and I can never forgive him for what he did to you, but I know that deep down, you are still the Meatball Head Moon Princess that I fell in love with for two lifetimes.”

 

Serena says, with tears in her eyes, “Oh, Darien-kun…”

 

Serena shares a loving and passionate kiss with Darien, but as he kisses her, Darien thinks in her mind, with a look of concern in his eyes, “However, I’m afraid for you, Meatball Head. You have yet to overcome the darkness that fiend that dared to call himself your uncle in this lifetime and your father back in the Silver Millennium put in your heart and I’m so afraid that we’re going to lose you to it completely.” As they continued to kiss, neither of them notice that some distance away, three black cloaked and hooded figures are watching them through a pair of binoculars.

 

Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ starting)

 

As the opening ‘scenes’ being, we find Davis Motomiya, wearing an outfit similar to Kirito’s outfit expect his jacket is flame designed and two swords, an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, strapped to the sides of his waist instead of his back, walking down a street and looking at the sky.

 

Next, we find Kari Kamiya, wearing a pink and red version of Asuna’s Knights of the Blood Oath outfit with Crests of Light instead of crosses and strapped to her waist is a sheath for a rapier with a pink handle and a pearly white blade, also walking down a street and looking back behind her.

 

Then we see Suguha Kirigaya and her ‘alter ego’, Sailor Celestial, with their backs to each other with ‘thin wall of light’ separating the two of them in which the scene spins around as the two of them look at each other where Suguha is at her home on her side of the ‘wall’ while Sailor Celestial is in the Moon Kingdom.

 

All three of them are reaching out into the skies and then the world around them transforms into center of the Town of Beginnings for Sword Art Online in which the ground crumbles around them as those that died on Sword Art Online and more try to drag them into an abyss.

 

The scene then changes where Davis is cutting through legions of ‘monsters’ from SAO and ALO as well as youma in which a legion of Duel Monsters appears with Davis having a dragon similar to Stardust Dragon and another monster, Slifer the Sky Dragon, attack them with powerful strikes.

 

Then Davis is fighting against Heathcliff in which he transforms into the massive GM avatar that he used at the start of SAO in which Davis lands a series of blows before slamming him with Starburst Stream, the classic 16 Duel Wielding Sword Skill combo. Soon after, Kari and Leafa, Suguha’s ALO avatar, run at top speed behind Davis and the two of them leap into the air with Kari hitting the transformation Heathcliff with an attack that looks similar to Linear while Leafa does a forward flip and transforms into Eternal Sailor Celestial, also wielding an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, in which they glow with fire and wind power as Sailor Celestial prepares to attack.

 

Then the scene shows Kazuto as his Sword Art Online avatar of Kirito, Serena as her Sword Art Online avatar as Usagi, Keiko as her Sword Art Online avatar of Silica, and Rika as her Sword Art Online avatar of Lisbeth.

 

The scene then changes with Davis, Kari, Sailor Celestial, Sailor Moon, and Kirito looking over the worlds of Sword Art Online, Alfheim Online, the ‘real world’, the Digital World, and beyond.

 

Then there are displays of Darien/Tuxedo Mask, the Sailor Scouts, the Odiaba Digidestined, and Kayaba/Heathcliff before it switches back to a scene where Sailor Celestial, Davis, and Kari are standing in front of the ‘transformed Heathcliff’ with his back to their backs and cleaved into multiple pieces before exploding into hundreds of data polygons.

 

The final scenes show Kirito and Asuna, in her Knights of the Blood Oath outfit, along with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask being watched over by Sailor Celestial, Davis and Kari resting in front of a tree, and finally, Asuna’s Lambent Light rapier, Usagi’s Lunar Excelsior one-handed sword, Tuxedo Mask’s cane, Leafa’s ALO katana, and an Elucidator and Dark Repulser swords are all together in a pile with Neo Domino City Duel Disks and Davis’ and Kari’s D-3 digivices ‘attached’ to them.

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ ending)

 

Chapter 9: Progressive Clue of the Past

 

August 5, 2025, ALO, New Aincrad

 

Within New Aincrad in the VRMMO world of ALO, Silica, Lisbeth, Leafa, Asuna, Kirito, Klein, Agil, Usagi, Mamoru, and the Sailor Scouts are assembled in which Mamoru and the Sailor Scouts informed on what happened.

 

When they were done, Silica asks, concerned, “Is your brother okay, Usagi?”

 

Hino responds, “The wounds were easy to heal up by Tomoe.”

 

Asuna tells Usagi, concerned, “Are you okay, Usagi?”

 

Usagi says, weakly, “I…”

 

Kirito tells Usagi, “To be honest, Usagi, I would have done the same thing that you would have done if I was in the same situation.” When everyone looks at Kirito, he says, with a sigh, “He already nearly killed Thinker in SAO, I nearly lost Sugu to him when he critically wounded and she was trapped in another virtual world for a month, and he murdered somebody completely unrelated to us in cold blood in which he was an associate of Sugu’s too. Kibaou has really pushed me to my limits and he had done that to my family…I would have gone off the ‘deep end’ and it would have taken mom, Asuna, and Sugu to stop me.”

 

Lisbeth says, with a sigh, “Don’t blame you.”

 

Klein says, with a nod, “No kidding, bro.”

 

Kirito tells Usagi, “And I’m not saying this to make you feel better, Usagi. As much it horrifies me, it is actual truth.”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “I know, Kirito.”

 

Leafa says, “It isn’t surprising, big brother. There is a point where you can get pushed ‘too far’.”

 

Silica says, “We don’t think any less of you and Kirito, Usagi-chan.”

 

Usagi says, with a warm smile, “Thanks, Silica.”

 

Just then a familiar male voice shouts out, “Hey, gang!” Soon after, everyone looks to see Dai, Akari, and the rest of the Digidestined coming in.

 

Minako says, “Hey, Takashi!”

 

Takashi says, with a smile, “Nice to see you, Minako.”

 

Makoto says, “Heard that Dai won that tournament!”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “You know it!”

 

Taichi says, with a plain tone, “However, I’m with Yusei-san when he mentioned that Dai and Kari just became Signers and now, a tournament with copies of their Synchro dragon monster cards comes out? It’s too suspicious to me.”

 

Yamato says, with a nod, “No joke. It is also like he knew that the two of them just came back from the virtual world.”

 

Haruka says, “Speaking of which, I’m surprised that you came back.”

 

Akari says, “After being living in one for around two years and experiencing over a decade of time in there, you kind of get used to it.”

 

Miyako says, “I know that feeling, Kari. However, it makes us worried that you are too used to it.”

 

Takashi says, “Yeah. Take it from a group of guys and gals with experience.” The SAO survivors in the group nod their heads in unison.

 

Mizuno says, “I would suggest that you would spend some time in the real world to get used to life back in the real world before returning to a virtual world.”

 

Kirito says, “I think that Mizuno has a good idea, Dai. You and Akari have barely been back in the real world for a few days.”

 

Taichi says, “No joke. Kari only responded to her real name since her handle is similar to her real name.”

 

Miyako says, “Your handle is just the first three letters of your real name.”

 

Takashi tells Dai and Akari, “I have to agree. You, two, are too used to the virtual world and not the real world. You need to get readjusted and trust us on that one.”

 

Lisbeth says, “No joke.”

 

Akari tells Dai, “They are right, Dai-kun.”

 

Dai says, with a sigh, “Okay.”

 

Tomoe asks, deciding the change the subject, “About this quest? What is it about?”

 

Klein says, “Personally, I’m curious about how different it is from SAO in here with ALO.”

 

Kirito asks Klein, “Did you and your guild take the quest?”

 

Klein says, with a grin, “Yep! After we completed the guild quest, we took it on ourselves.”

 

Leafa asks, “What is it all about?”

 

Asuna says, “It is a campaign quest and that means it isn’t just a one-shot quest or a series of quests. It is a major ‘quest story’ that’s going to last for several floors. I’m surprised that they added in so late when they created New Aincrad.”

 

Kirito says, “Well, they are going through the data to recreate them and adapt them to ALO through I wouldn’t think it too hard since we are dealing with elves.”

 

Usagi tells Kirito, “I think that it would take a bit since ALO has magic in it and the quest took the idea of there being no magic in SAO into the story, Kirito.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Point taken, Usagi. Those facts would have to make a good retooling of the whole story.”

 

Dai asks, “If it doesn’t bring back any bad memories, what is the story of the original version of this quest?”

 

Kirito, Asuna, and Usagi look at each other and Asuna says, with a smile, “Actually, Dai, there aren’t much in the way of ‘bad memories’ in this part.”

 

Kirito tells Usagi, “And the girls do want you to ‘open up’ more, Usagi.”

 

Usagi gives a playful annoyed glare at Kirito and Asuna says, “Anyway, the story with the original, at least in my case, involves Kirito, Usagi, and I taking it on ourselves.”

 

Tomoe asks, curiously, “Really?”

 

Usagi responds, “Yes, Tomoe-chan. Our story with the original version of this quest begins after the battle with the floor boss of the second floor and managing to survive the battle with the real floor boss of that floor, Asterios the Taurus King. The change from the beta was not much the change in boss attack patterns, but the addition of a brand new boss that beta testers like Kirito didn’t even know about.”

 

Kirito says, “It nearly cost us our lives. Thankfully, we had made a new ‘friend’ of sorts that saved the day and we managed to defeat Asterios along with the two sub-boss, one of which was the floor boss in the beta.”

 

Asuna says, with a sly smile, “In which someone managed to ‘steal’ the final attack bonus for both sub-bosses and main boss.”

 

Kirito gives a nervous smile and Usagi says, “Afterwards, Asuna, Kirito, and I left to get out of the labyrinth and send a message to the other players that we had defeated the second floor boss. Once we arrived on the third floor, Kirito send the message and that’s where our adventure on the third floor began.”

 

Flashback; December 14, 2022, SAO, Aincrad Third Floor

 

On the third floor of Aincrad, the floating castle world that’s the setting for Sword Art Online, Usagi, Asuna, and Kirito, are looking at the vast forest with Usagi and Asuna taking in its beauty. At this time, Usagi is wearing her currently famous/infamous white hooded cloak that keeps her head and face hidden, Asuna is wearing a dark red tunic with matching hood over her outfit which keeps her head and face mainly covered through nowhere as close as Usagi’s special hooded cloak, and Kirito is wearing his Coat of Midnight over his light armor and clothing that he had won for the last attack on the first floor boss with both Usagi and himself having Anneal Blades, the best one-handed sword for the first three to four floors of Aincrad, while Asuna has a Wind Fleuret, a Rapier that’s a pretty rare monster drop. Usagi and Asuna have their swords strapped to their left sides with Kirito having his sword strapped to his back.

 

Kirito clears his throat and he says, “Sorry to take away from your ‘musing’…”

 

Usagi asks Kirito, “What is it, Kirito?” Kirito then points to a Y-intersection on a stone path ahead of them.

 

Kirito says, “If we turn right here, we’ll end up in the main city. The left side will take us through the forest for a while and we’ll end up in the next town.”

 

Usagi asks, “Should we go and activate the portal?”

 

Kirito responds, nervously, “Yeah, I would rather leave that to Lind’s and Kibaou’s teams since they will be coming up after us.”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “Good point, Kirito.”

 

Asuna nods her head in agreement and Kirito says, “Part of it is because that I don’t want all of the attention, but going down the other path allows us to start a task. I know that both of these reasons are part of my personal rationale…”

 

Asuna gives an annoyed look and Usagi tells Kirito, with a sigh, “I know what you are saying, Kirito. We might be solo players, but you said it yourself: ‘The two of us, ‘outcasts’, need to stick together.’ I rather be in a group, but you know why I’m a solo player, remember?”

 

Kirito says, a bit nervously, “Yeah, I remember.”

 

Asuna tells Kirito, a bit annoyed tone in her voice, “I don’t have the same problem either and this ‘errand’ you are talking about is best taken care of a group, right. Well, I’ll join you and Usagi. Of course, if you would rather kick me out of the party and take care of things on your own, I can’t stop you, huh?”

 

Kirito says, nervously, “No! No! I don’t want to be selfish at all! And it would be more efficient for us as a group!”

 

Asuna says, “Then let’s get going. I won’t need to restock on supplies or repair any of my equipment for now.”

 

Kirito says, nervously, “Great.”

 

As they start to move out, Usagi asks Kirito, “You really aren’t good with people, are you?”

 

Kirito replies, with a sigh, “Yeah…”

 

As they start to venture through the forest, Usagi asks Kirito, “So, what kind of enemies are around here?”

 

Kirito says, “If it hasn’t been changed since the beta, the enemies are going to be plant and animals, so, we won’t have to face sword skills just yet.”

 

Usagi asks, “Didn’t you say that the third floor is where more complete humanoid opponents are going to start appearing?”

 

Kirito says, “You’ll see soon Usagi.” After taking care of Treant Sapling, a plant type monster that could hide itself from Kirito’s and Usagi’s Search Skill, they stop in a certain area and Kirito says, “It should be right here.”

 

Asuna asks, “Is this where the ‘task’ that you wanted to take care of is?”

 

Kirito responds, “Yes. We just initiated a quest, but the starting location of the NPC is quite random. How good are your ears Asuna?”

 

Asuna puts her hands over her ears and she asks, “Is that what you are into Kirito? You have an ear thing?”

 

Kirito yells out, nervously, “No! I was referring to your hearing and not the shape of your ears!”

 

Usagi says, with a giggle, “Asuna was just kidding, Kirito. You might be skilled at games, but your social skills need to ‘level up’.”

 

Kirito says, drolly, “Thanks a lot.”

 

Asuna tells Kirito, “By the way, aren’t we listening with our brains and not our ears since we really don’t have eardrums in this world?”

 

Kirito says, nervously, “Good point.”

 

The three of them put their hands over their virtual ears and Usagi asks, “So, what are we listening for Kirito?”

 

Kirito responds, “The sound of sword on sword combat, Usagi.” The three of them just stand there and listen for the sound of metal clashing with metal in which they then heard the sound that they were looking for southwest of their location.

 

Usagi says, “That’s it!”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Let’s go.” The three of them race off and the sounds of the clash of blades becomes strong in which the sounds of shouts and screams join them. Just then the three of them see two NPC cursors in the distance and the three of them look around a massive tree trunk to see two armored warriors fighting.

 

One of them is a tall man in armor of gold and green with long blond hair and the handsome face of a male Hollywood star in which he is wielding a longsword and buckler.

 

The other is a woman with black and violet armor with short violet hair, dark tanned skin, red lips, and wielding a curved sword and small kite shield in which her face is gorgeous.

 

Usagi and Asuna are amazed and Usagi asks, awe-struck, “Those are NPC?”

 

Kirito responds, “Yeah, I know. Technically, they are classified as mobs. You should look at their ears.” Asuna and Usagi then notice both armored warriors, male and female, have pointed elf-like ears.

 

Asuna says, “They have pointed ears like…”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “The man is a forest elf and the woman is a dark elf.”

 

Usagi says, noticing the golden exclamation marks above their heads, “Hold up! Both of them have quest-initiating marks above their foreheads.”

 

Kirito says, “That’s right. You can only choose one, Usagi. You and Asuna need to make an important choice.”

 

Asuna asks, confused, “A choice?”

 

Kirito responds, “That’s right. The quest that they start isn’t a one-off quest or even a series of quests. This is the first major campaign quest of the game and it lasts through several floors. It only wraps up when we get to the ninth floor.” Usagi and Asuna were about to scream out in shock, but they clamp their mouths shut. Kirito then explains, “And there are no do-overs and no switching to the opposing side either. The choice that you make is going to last us until the ninth floor of Aincrad.”

 

Asuna asks, annoyed, “Excuse me, couldn’t you have told us earlier?”

 

Usagi asks, annoyed, “And why does it have to be us?”

 

Asuna asks, curiously, “Wait! Opposing sides?”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Exactly. We have to choose one to save and one to fight.”

 

Asuna says, giving Kirito a suspicious look, “This isn’t a real choice, is it? Maybe if this was a regular game, it would be one thing, but not now. We’ll follow the same route that you took in the beta and it isn’t hard for us to figure out which one of them you saved.” Kirito becomes nervous at Asuna’s cold glare and she asks, “You saved the dark elf lady, didn’t you?”

 

Kirito responds, nervously, “Yes, but not because she was a woman! Only because she was dark.”

 

Usagi gives a giggle and she tells Asuna, “Can you really blame him? He really doesn’t have good experience with girls.”

 

Asuna says, with a shrug, “I guess so.”

 

Kirito says, “Hold up, you two. You need to know that even if we help the dark elf, there is no way that we can beat the forest elf.”

 

Asuna and Usagi gasp and Asuna asks, stunned, “What?”

 

Kirito says, “As you can probably tell, the two of them are elite mobs and in fact, the Forest Elven Hallowed Knight, what the male mob is, and the Dark Elven Royal Guards, what the female mob is, until the seventh floor. No matter what safety margin that we are working with, we just made it to the third floor. We can’t win.”

 

Asuna and Usagi are shocked and Usagi then asks, curiously, “Wait! Is this one of those ‘auto-defeat’ events?” Asuna looks at Usagi, confused, and Usagi says, “In games, especially RPG games, there are monster as well as boss fights that you can’t win at that stage since their level is way too high for the player to beat even using recovery items. When you make a certain number of strikes, last a number of turns or a period of time, or your health gets to a certain point, an event happens to stop the fight and progress the story onward. This kind of event happens early on in the game when the player’s character is at their weakest.”

 

Kirito says, with a smile, “That’s right, Usagi. I’m not surprised that you know since despite being new to SAO, you are a gamer.”

 

Usagi says, with a grin, “You know it buster.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod of understanding, “That means that we have to last against this guy until something happens.”

 

Kirito says, nodding his head in agreement, “That’s right, Asuna. Once we are down to half of our health, the dark elf will save us with a special attack. We have to keep focused on defense and don’t panic when he stop to chop our health away because losing control and running around is the worst thing to do around here. You never know when you might lure in another monster by accident.”

 

Asuna says, with a nod, “Right.”

 

Kirito says, “Good. Let’s stick together and jump out on three. The quest starts when we get near.” Soon after, the three of them jump out and when the two elves look at them, the exclamation marks turn into quest marks to indicate a quest in process.

 

End Flashback; Return to the Present

 

On New Aincrad, the rest of the group is listening to Kirito’s, Asuna’s, and Usagi’s story in which Kirito says, “Personally, I thought that at best, we would last only three minutes before Kizmel would perform her self-sacrifice move to end the battle. After TWENTY minutes, our opponent was defeated with all four of us intact.”

 

Leafa asks, “So, the change in the quest from the beta is that there was a possibility to save one of the elves?”

 

Usagi says, with a nod, “That’s right. However, we aren’t sure that if it was because Kayaba or SAO’s Cardinal System.”

 

Tomoe asks, “So, what happened after you won?”

 

Kirito says, “Well, the quest continued on much like in the beta expect that we had Kizmel to help us and during this time, we had learned more about the backstory to Aincrad and SAO.”

 

Haruka asks, “Backstory?”

 

Setsuna says, “The ‘setting’ of the story of a game, Haruka. RPG games always have one of those since they always tell a story.”

 

Kirito says, “Back in the beta, there were only vague references to the backstory of Aincrad and the reason was that Kayaba wanted us to create the story. He set the ‘stage’ for us and it was up to us to create the story.”

 

Klein says, with a snarl, “Like a mixed up and messed up horror flick combined with everything else.”

 

Agil says, with a nod, “I hear that Klein.”

 

Hana asks, curiously, “What was that backstory that you heard?”

 

Usagi responds, “Based on what Kizmel told us, it was said that the backstory of SAO had the world before Aincrad was ‘born’ split into factions like the forest elven kingdom of Kales’Oh, the dark elven kingdom of Lyusula…”

 

Leafa and Setsuna give looks of shock and Leafa asks, “Wait! Did you say Lyusula?”

 

The others look at Leafa and Setsuna and Hino asks, “Does it mean something to you?”

 

Setsuna responds, “Lyusula is the name of another realm here on Earth that’s hidden in the vast Pacific Ocean region.”

 

There are looks of surprise and Taichi asks, “Wait! Are you saying that the backstory of SAO has references to ‘real places’ on Earth?”

 

Haruka says, “You have to remember that SAO was based on the original Aincrad that was built by Kayaba back in the Silver Millennium, which was a major cause of the downfall of the Silver Millennium.”

 

Yamato asks, “And I’m guessing that there are real elves there?”

 

Leafa says, “And harpies, minotaurs, lamina…”

 

Takashi asks, surprised, “Wait! What?”

 

Setsuna says, “It is home to beings that you would find in myths and legends from all over the world.”

 

Leafa says, “Yeah, but they are more like…like…those humanoid animals that you see in anime and manga…”

 

Minako asks, “You mean like anthropomorphic beings?”

 

Leafa says, “Yeah…I think.”

 

Lisbeth says, “Okay, that was a surprise.”

 

Silica says, “That’s amazing.”

 

Leafa tells Usagi, Kirito, and Asuna, “You have to tell me about the full tale of what Kizmel told you.” Kirito is unsure about doing that since he is getting a ‘bad feeling’ of where it would lead and Usagi is getting that same feeling, but Asuna decides to tell her. When she is done, Leafa gains a snarl and she says, “Bastard!” Leafa then deploys her wings and takes to the air.

 

Klein asks, “Where are you going?”

 

Leafa responds, “I’m logging out to take care of some important business that I just remembered. Sorry about this. Enjoy the quest without me.”

 

Leafa then flies off into the distance and Makoto says, “I bet that she is going to that real-life Lyusula.”

 

Miyako asks, “Why there?”

 

Setsuna responds, “Because that’s where the original Aincrad, the one that SAO’s Aincrad and this one are based from, was made.”

 

There are multiple gasps and Taichi asks, “Are you kidding me?”

 

Sara asks, “So, the backstory of Aincrad in SAO is actually a true story?”

 

Setsuna says, “In a manner of speaking, Sara.”

 

Haruka says, “But there is something else, too. Leafa thinks that it is a major ‘hint’ left by Kayaba.”

 

Setsuna says, “You are most likely correct, Haruka.”

 

Kirito activates his wing, flies up, and he says, “Sorry, Asuna.”

 

Asuna says, flying up to Kirito, “Don’t worry about it, Kirito. She is your sister. If it was my brother, I would be doing the same thing.”

 

Usagi says, flying up to Kirito and Asuna, “Well, she is my sister and I’m not going to just let her go like that.”

 

Agil says, “She is going to be mad.”

 

Kirito says, “I’m sorry to anger Sugu, but I’m not going to let her go off like that.” Soon enough, the others take to the air and all of them are going after Leafa in order to log out.

 

Takashi tells Agil, “I think that we are going to need the café later.”

 

Agil says, with a smile, “Something tells me that you are right.”

 

August 5, 2025, somewhere in the middle of Pacific Ocean

 

At an uncharted island within the vast Pacific Ocean, Sailor Celestial is in the middle of a grassy clearing in front of a castle that’s a mixture of Feudal Japan and Medieval Europe, but the castle is in the center of a fortress complex that’s like an early twentieth century fortress complex with high-tech futuristic robot gun turrets and such. Behind Sailor Celestial, Tuxedo Mask, the Sailor Scouts, Kazuto, Asuna, Rika, Keiko, and the Digidestined and their Digimon partners.

 

Sailor Celestial tells Kazuto, with an irritated look on her face, “You know that I’m angry at you, big brother.”

 

Kazuto tells Sailor Celestial, “Look, Sugu, I’m your big brother.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a serious tone, “And I’m a Sailor Scout! I have special powers and you don’t! I can handle this myself!”

 

Sailor Uranus retorts, “Like you did at Rainbow Gardens?” Sailor Celestial then gives Sailor Uranus a death glare that makes even Sailor Uranus nervous before Sailor Celestial stomps into the fortress.

 

Sailor Mars says, plainly, “You don’t want to go there.”

 

Davis says, with a nod, “Big time.”

 

Gatomon says, nodding her head, “No kidding.”

 

Sailor Jupiter says, nodding her head in agreement, “Yep.” As they go into the fortress and get inside of the center castle complex, they are awe-struck by the vast luxurious artifacts from all over the world inside.

 

Asuna says, amazed, “This is incredible!”

 

Izzy says, “Prodigious! There are artifacts from one thousand years in here!”

 

Matt says, “An archaeologist’s dream come true.”

 

Yolei says, nodding her head, “No kidding, Matt.”

 

Sailor Saturn asks Sailor Pluto, “Did you gather all of these items?”

 

Sailor Pluto responds, with a smile, “I dabble, Firefly.”

 

Tuxedo Mask says, “You must have come here to maintain this place.”

 

Sailor Pluto says, with a nod, “That’s right, Tuxedo Mask. Even through the mainstream of humanity have forgotten the Silver Millennium, the Moon Kingdom, and others and there are plenty of good reasons for that, I had to make sure that our connection with Lyusula has been maintained. However, in order to make sure that it isn’t exploited especially by the modern day world through it would have proven difficult, this surviving outpost from the Silver Millennium proved the protection needed.”

 

Sailor Mercury asks, “What about the Negaverse?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “The main focus of Metallia and Beryl was on the Moon Kingdom and the rest of the Silver Millennium. Thankfully, Lyusula continued on without any harm, but they have been cut off from the outside world with minor exceptions.”

 

Sailor Uranus asks, “Minor exceptions?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, with a smile, “There have been plenty of stories of lost planes and ships in the Pacific, correct? Plenty of the mysteries can be explained, but plenty of the others that can’t be explained by the world at large are usually space-time storms that ‘pop up’ from time to time and I come from the Time Gates to make sure that too much ‘damage’ isn’t caused as a result.”

 

Sailor Mercury asks, “And those storms lead to Lyusula?”

 

Sailor Pluto replies, “Not all of them, but a good number do.” Just then a holographic image of a young teen girl with brown hair and green-brown eyes appear and looks at Sailor Pluto.

 

The holographic being says, with a friendly female voice, “Hello, Sailor Pluto. It hasn’t been too long.”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “Hello, Mai. It is nice to see you again.”

 

Keiko asks, “Who is this?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “This is MAI. It is short for Multi-Purpose Artificial Intelligence. She runs this facility and maintains it.”

 

Asuna says, “Oh, wow. She looks so…human.”

 

The holographic being, Mai, responds, “Thank you. I was created from the remnants of Silver Millennium technology by Sailor Pluto ensure that the gateway between Lyusula and Earth is protected and the two realms don’t mix.” Mai says, “I see that the two Moon Princesses have been reborn and have returned to the world. I have seen the latest world news.”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “Yes, Mai. However, Sailor Celestial’s awakening…was forced.”

 

Mai asks, surprised, “Forced?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “Long story short, Mai: Heathcliff has also been reborn and remade the events that lead to the end of the Silver Millennium in way. I believe you remember what’s known as ‘SAO Incident’.”

 

Mai responds, “Of course, Pluto! It has been a central part of the news for two years! Wait! You mean…?”

 

Sailor Pluto responds, with a nod, “Kayaba is the reincarnation of Heathcliff and he has shed more blood despite remembering his past as well as his daughters.”

 

Mai asks, shocked, “But why?”

 

Sailor Celestial responds, with a sneer, “Because he is a major bastard, that’s why.”

 

Mai says, “I see, princess. It is the reason that you are here.”

 

Sailor Moon asks, “Is this where the original Aincrad was born?”

 

Mai says, with a nod, “Yes, Princess Serenity. Lyusula was the place that your…I mean Prince Heathcliff used Sailor Celestial and her powers to forge the floating castle, Aincrad, and by the sound of it, Sword Art Online recreated the same floating castle.”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “That’s correct. However, Heathcliff, in his current incarnation as Kayaba, transferred his consciousness onto the ‘cyber-universe’ of the internet and leaving his physical body behind. It was in another ‘virtual realm’ that Heathcliff met up with his former younger daughter for the first time.”

 

Mai asks, “So, he is still alive as a ‘digital entity’?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “Yes, Mai.”

 

Mai asks, curiously, “Wait! You said that Princess Selene and Heathcliff met again in another ‘virtual realm’, so, when did Princess Serenity and Heathcliff meet again?”

 

There are plenty of flinches and Sailor Moon says, solemnly, “In this life, Kayaba was my uncle and…I’m an SAO survivor.” Mai gasps in shock and horror while Sailor Moon rubs her arm nervously while Tuxedo Mask gently hugs her.

 

Sailor Pluto says, plainly, “It is best that you don’t go into details, Mai.”

 

Mai responds, with a nod, “I understand, Pluto. You wish to go to Lyusula to find some kind of clue on Heathcliff’s intentions.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “I already have an idea on what that scumbag wants. He left clues in the backstory of his death game and I need to investigate them.”

 

Mai says, “I understand. Please follow me.” Soon after, everyone is another room where there is a portal is shimmering in front of them.

 

Davis asks, “Is this it?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, with a nod, “Yes, it is the entrance to Lyusula.”

 

Mai says, “I can set the location to wherever you want to go.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “Set it for the homelands of the eleven people at the time of the Silver Millennium, Mai-san.” Mai nods her head and she vanishes in which Sailor Celestial says, “Anyway, I’m taking over from here.”

 

Sailor Moon says, “No way, Celestial.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “I said…”

 

Kazuto says, with a stern voice, “We know what you said, Sugu! I’m just not going to listen to you! Argue all you want! Despite myself, I had plenty of friends and comrades during my time in SAO and I had seen plenty of them die right before my eyes! On the day that nightmare started, other than Serena, I knew that Kayaba wasn’t bluffing! I knew the carnage that the NervGear was able to perform on the human body! I’m not going to lose my little sister to his madness! Like it or not, I’m coming!” Sailor Celestial and Kazuto stare at each other and Sailor Celestial holds her head in aspiration.

 

Sailor Celestial responds, plainly, “Fine.”

 

Sailor Moon tells Sailor Celestial, “You already know what I’m going to do, Celestial.”

 

Sailor Celestial responds, “Don’t I know it, Sailor Moon?” Sailor Celestial asks, looking at Keiko, “But Keiko?!”

 

Keiko gives a blush and Rika says, glaring at her, “We told her to remain behind, but she managed to latch onto the teleportation of the others.”

 

Keiko says, nervously and blushing, “Well, I…”

 

Sailor Uranus says, with a sigh, “Just stay by the Digidestined at all times and don’t leave their sides.”

 

Keiko says, with a nod, “Okay.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “Just be careful and don’t be too shocked that the people that you see aren’t like the ones that you heard in myths, legends, and in games of all types.”

 

Mai then reappears and she says, “The portal is set Princess Selene.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a smile, “Thank you, Mai.” Sailor Celestial walks over to the portal and she goes through in which Kazuto and Sailor Moon follow soon after with the others joining them afterwards.

 

August 5, 2025, Lyusula

 

Within a vast grassland, our group emerges from the portal which is in front of two monoliths and they look around the good sized grassy hill that they were on currently.

 

Sailor Venus says, “Not bad.”

 

Matt says, “Pretty rustic.”

 

Gabumon says, “I think that it is a quite nice Matt.”

 

Gatomon says, with a smile, “The wind smells nice.”

 

Sailor Moon looks at Kazuto and she asks, shocked, “Kazuto, why are your clothes like that?” Kazuto, Keiko, Rika, and Asuna look at themselves and they are shocked to see themselves in clothing that looks like their SAO avatars with weapons to match.

 

Asuna says, amazed, “Our clothes!”

 

Keiko says, “This is our clothing from SAO!”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “Magic portal, Keiko. It isn’t going to send you into this world without some form of protection. Your weapons have magic runes to help in that protection.”

 

Rika says, with a whistle, “Nice.” The Digidestined look at each other in which they find themselves in outfits that match their SAO avatars or their ALO avatars with weapons to match.

 

Tai says, “That’s a nice bonus.”

 

Yolei says, with a nod, “I’ll say.”

 

Sailor Celestial points to a marshland and she says, “That’s the home territory of the elf…Well, back in the Silver Millennium anyway.”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “They are still there, but you might be surprised by the changes that they have undergone.” Soon after, the group heads off in that direction in which some of the group look back at the portal.

 

Sailor Jupiter asks, “What about the portal?”

 

Sailor Mars says, “I’m willing to bet that it has defenses that the people that they let into this world are the only ones that can come back through.”

 

Sailor Pluto says, with a nod, “That’s correct, Mars.”

 

Kazuto says, “That’s good to know.” Later on, the group is going through the marshland on rafts that they have found.

 

Yolei says, “Well, it is better than walking through this place.”

 

Mimi says, nodding her head in agreement, “No kidding, Yolei.”

 

Patamon says, pointing ahead, “There is something up ahead.” Everyone then looks to see lights up and ahead in which the group, minus Sailor Pluto, are amazed to find a city within the massive trees of the forest with the buildings being attached to the trees with the trees suffering no damage at all with multiple solar panels that are reaching up out of the trees along with windmills with generations and electrical lines all around.

 

Kazuto asks, “This is an eleven city?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, with a nod, “That’s right, Kazuto.”

 

Rika says, amazed, “Wow.”

 

Keiko says, “I thought that elf people were like…naturalists.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a smile, “True, Keiko. Take a look. You can see that they are using solar energy and wind energy for their electrical power though I’m surprised that they are using electricity now, but it has been one thousand years since I last saw them.”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “They have evolved with the times while keeping with the principles that made them who they are, my princess.”

 

Tai says, “This is incredible.”

 

Just then a female voice shouts out, “Halt!” Everyone then looks to see a group of elves with dark brown skin in which they would be considered dark elves in games with the leader being a female dark elf with violet hair, ruby red eyes, and wearing dark violet and black armor that looks like armor wore by the Valkyries of Norse legend and myth.

 

The female leader of the dark elves gasp in shock and she says, “You are…!!”

 

Sailor Pluto says, with a smile, “I am Sailor Pluto of the Moon Kingdom Sailor Senshi, Sailor Soldier of Time and the Afterlife.”

 

The group of dark elves bow and the female leader says, “I am Kizmet, a Valkyrie of the Dragoons, Lady Pluto.” Sailor Moon, Kazuto, and Asuna look at each other as the name of the female dark elf sounds similar to the dark elf NPC that they worked with in SAO during the ‘War Elf’ campaign quest. The female leader, Kizmet, asks, “What brings you and your group to these lands, Lady Pluto?”

 

Sailor Pluto responds, pointing to Sailor Celestial, “We are here to investigate something as part of a mission belonging to our young princess. She is Sailor Celestial, reincarnation of Princess Selene Leafa Serenity, and youngest daughter of Queen Serenity.”

 

There are gasps from the dark elves and one of them says, “The daughters of Queen Serenity live again!”

 

The dark elves give a deep respectful bow and Sailor Celestial says, “Serenity-mama must be greatly honored here.”

 

Sailor Pluto responds, with a smile, “Remember, my princess, your mother was not only kind, but a strong woman and queen. Lunarian are a peaceful people, but it doesn’t mean that aren’t weak in any sense of the word.” The group then starts to go through the village and looking around as Sailor Pluto introduces the other Sailor Scouts including Sailor Moon AKA Princess Serenity.

 

Later on, Sailor Moon says, “I wasn’t expecting that elves would have electricity.”

 

Kizmet responds, “I’m not surprised your majesty. However, while we are one with the majesty of the forest, it doesn’t mean that we change with the times in order to evolve and survive, but the land is the reason for our life and we must respect it at all costs. It is the core of our strength and our power in which technologies that don’t even come close to causing harm to the land and the forest and assist us in protecting it is embraced. The introduction of wind and solar power was a boom to our civilization through not all elves use them in a positive manner.”

 

Sailor Uranus says, “You mean for war.”

 

Kizmet says, “Yes. The more aggressive members of our kind especially the blood elves tend to use such technology for sinister purposes. It is amazing that they don’t get more materials from the Minotaurs.”

 

Asuna asks, “Minotaurs?”

 

Kizmet says, “Yes, young swordsman. The Minotaurs are the elite forgers, miners, and metalworkers of our lands. They have little contact with the other peoples despite the trade and there are many rumors of them being bloodthirsty savages and such as the tales of your world would be, but we have our more reliable sources that consider them…Old wives tales as you would call them.”

 

Sailor Venus asks, “So, what are they like?”

 

Sailor Celestial responds, nervously, “I think that the word ‘hippy’ comes to mind.”

 

Kizmet asks, curiously, “Hippy, your majesty?” Sailor Pluto then explains about the hippie movement of the United States during the 1960s and Kizmet says, “Based on that, I believe that’s probably a good term to describe the Minotaurs as.”

 

Sailor Mars asks, curiously, “Really?”

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a nervous smile, “Yeah. While they are tall and powerful, they prefer Hawaiian shirts to battle armor.”

 

Kazuto, Asuna, and Rika yell out in unison, “Hawaiian shirts?” The three of them then make mental images of Minotaurs wearing Hawaiian shirts made for their size and it causes them to get confused and stunned looks.

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a nervous smile, “The Minotaurs are more into the saying: ‘Make love and not war’.”

 

Rika says, nervously, “Okay…”

 

Asuna says, “You know, I always thought that Minotaurs were like the ones that we fought on the second floor.”

 

Kazuto says, with a nod, “Same here, Asuna.”

 

Sailor Moon says, “This takes my concept of Minotaurs and throws it out the window.”

 

Keiko asks, curiously, “So, are there ‘Lady Minotaurs’?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “Yes, there are.”

 

There are shocked looks and Rika asks, “GIRL Minotaurs?”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “Yeah. The difference is that guy Minotaurs are like the ones that you see with a muscular male humanoid body, bull-like head, and bull-like legs, but the GIRL Minotaurs have female human heads with cow-like horns, muscular female humanoid bodies, and cow-like legs. However, they are all the same and they are mellow…VERY mellow. But that doesn’t mean that you can underestimate them. They are tall with the girls being over seven foot tall with the males being eight feet tall, typically, and they are strong…I mean really strong and they are built like modern day tanks. They can take a lot of punishment which isn’t surprising since they do a lot of metal and factory work as well as mining in which they come with their dangers.”

 

Sailor Mars says, “I’ll bet.”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “Minotaurs have handled stuff that would cause serious to deadly injuries to a human and all they need, at worst, is a minor hospital stay.”

 

Kazuto says, “Now that sounds familiar.”

 

Rika asks, “So, the girl Minotaurs look more human?”

 

Sailor Celestial says, drolly, “The girl Minotaurs would make Klein drool.” Asuna, Rika, Kazuto, and plenty of the others deadpan from Sailor Celestial’s statement.

 

Kizmet asks, “Anyway, your majesty, what brings you to our lands?”

 

Sailor Celestial responds, with a sigh, “I’m investigating a clue…about Aincrad.”

 

There are gasps and one of the guards asks, “You mean the ‘death castle’ that brought about the great calamity of the end of the Silver Millennium?!”

 

The others are surprised and Davis says, “It seems like that castle has quite the reputation here too.”

 

Kizmet says, with a nod, “Aincrad is an infamous name spoken rarely since it allowed Metallia to poison the hearts and minds of the humans outside of these lands and allowed the Negaverse to destroy the Silver Millennium and send humanity back into what’s known as the ‘Dark Ages’. Our people know the tale since Aincrad was birthed in this realm when Princess Selene, born with great powers of the realm of reality, was tricked to creating that infamous castle by the man that was supposed to be Queen Serenity’s lover: Prince Heathcliff of the Black and Blue Moon clans. It was through that castle that fear was put in the hearts of humanity about the people of the Silver Millennium and allowed Metallia the opening that she needed to infect humanity with her evil causing the downfall of the Moon Kingdom and the Silver Millennium. It is because of that focus on the Silver Alliance that we, of Lyusula, remain intact and to this day, Heathcliff is known as ‘The Great Destroyer’.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a sneer, “Great name if you ask me.” Sailor Moon becomes solemn at this in which Tuxedo Mask, Kazuto, and Asuna comfort her as best as possible.

 

Kizmet asks Sailor Pluto, “Lady Pluto, forgive me for asking, but how did her majesty become awakened to her powers once more? From you and from the stories of our ancestors, we know that the Moon Princesses, the guardians of Princess Serenity, the Prince of Earth, and so many others of the Silver Millennium would be reborn, but they would only be awakened unless necessary. Sailor Celestial is the Sovereign Soldier of Reality and making her very powerful which leads me to believe that some great calamity has occurred or will occur. Forgive me if I am prying, but could this be true?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “Yes, Lady Kizmet. You are correct to say so.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “You can thank my former ‘old man’. He was reborn in this time the same as me and forced me to be awakened.”

 

There are gasps from the elves and another one asks, stunned, “The Great Destroyer has returned?”

 

Sailor Moon clenches her hands into fists and Sailor Pluto says, seeing this, “I think that it is best that we discuss this with your leaders.”

 

Kizmet says, with a nod, “Of course, Lady Pluto.” Soon enough, our group is in front of the leaders of the dark elf group where they see that the males and females don’t look much older, physically, than their twenties and thirties. Right now, they are in front of a gorgeous looking dark elf with blond hair and leaf green eyes with light pink color on her lips and wearing an elegant dark violet dress.

 

The lovely female dark elf tells Sailor Moon, “Welcome to our humble home, Princess Serenity. It has been many centuries, but I remember you since the days that I saw you when I met your mother, Queen Serenity, back in the Silver Millennium. Since you have been reborn as an Earthling, I know that you don’t remember me. Allow me to reintroduce myself to you and your sister, Princess Selene: I am Lady Katrina, leader of the dark elves.”

 

Keiko says, amazed, “She is so pretty.”

 

The dark elf leader, Katrina, responds, “Thank you, young human. As you might expect, however, like your myths, legends, and stories tell, we, elves, are a long lived species and we don’t physically age beyond our young adult years. I am the eldest of all of my people in which I have been around since the final years of the Silver Millennium.”

 

Sailor Uranus says, amazed, “Sorry to be insulting, but it means that you are over one thousand years of age!”

 

Katrina responds, with a smile, “No insult taken, Lady Uranus. I am indeed.”

 

Rika says, amazed, “Oh, wow.”

 

Mimi says, “I would like to know your physician, Lady Katrina-san.”

 

Katrina says, with a smile, “I believe that you know about how the Lunarian people are similar to us in this regard. I believe that I should say that it is built into our very DNA.”

 

Joe says, “That’s not too surprised, Katrina-dono.”

 

Katrina says, looking at Sailor Celestial, “However, the return of Sailor Celestial does give me some foreboding since she is one of the most powerful Sailor Soldiers that there ever is as the Sailor Soldier of Reality. It would take a major crises to force her to awaken and it makes me wonder what you are doing in our lands.” Soon enough, our heroes and heroines explain about Sword Art Online and the events leading to Sailor Celestial’s awakening.

 

When they are done, the eleven leaders are shocked and one of them says, “My words!”

 

Katrina says, solemnly, “To think that he would repeat the mistakes of the past.”

 

Another eleven leader says, shocked, “Monster! To his own daughters even!”

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a plain tone, “You can’t be too surprised about someone that caused the downfall of a great civilization.”

 

Katrina says, “And now, he hides within the ‘cyber realm’ created by the technology of humanity.”

 

Sailor Pluto tells Katrina, “No, Katrina. He isn’t hiding. He is searching for ‘his castle’: The original Aincrad of the Silver Millennium.”

 

There are shocked looks from the eleven leaders and Katrina asks, “But I thought that it was destroyed! Wasn’t it, Lady Pluto?”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “Gone. Not destroyed.”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “We think that parts of the ‘death game’ that he created based on the original Aincrad and the Silver Millennium, Sword Art Online, has clues that he purposed left for us to find.”

 

Katrina asks, “Why would he do that?”

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a sneer, “That’s ‘his game’, Lady Katrina.”

 

Katrina asks, “May I ask about this ‘clue’ that you think you have found?” Sailor Celestial looks at Sailor Moon, Kazuto, and Asuna in which they explain about their experience with the ‘War Elf’ campaign on the third floor of Aincrad.

 

When they get to the part about the ‘spider queen’, one of the eleven leaders says, “Wait! There is such a place like that!”

 

When everyone looks at the eleven leader, a male, Katrina says, “He is talking about a cavern where a powerful spider monster lived which was mysteriously slain around three to four years ago.”

 

Sailor Uranus asks, “Mysteriously slain?”

 

The eleven leader then says, “Actually, it isn’t so mysterious. I thought it nothing, but a strange human came around the time that the spider monster was slain.” There are looks of surprise and the eleven leader says, a bit embarrassed, “I was shocked to see a human around here and one dressed like he was coming out to this area.”

 

Sailor Mars asks, “One dressed like him? And it was a ‘him’?”

 

The eleven leader says, “Yes, it was a male human. A young one, I think, and he was dressed like he was a man of science not a warrior or adventurer. However, even though I had used an invisibility speed to cloak me, he looked in my direction and smiled in which I could tell that he was perceptive and magic didn’t blind his sight. He ventured into the cave and I didn’t say anything because I felt that if I mention it, it would be too late, but later on, I had heard that the spider monster had been slain thanks to a recon team and I knew that human had to be responsible. I didn’t say anything since he didn’t do any harm yet.”

 

Katrina asks, “Can you describe the human?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “I have a better idea.” Sailor Pluto tells Sailor Mercury, “Mercury, bring up a holographic image of Kayaba.”

 

Sailor Mercury says, with a nod, “Okay.” Sailor Mercury takes out her computer and activates her goggles in which she projects a holographic image of Akihiko Kayaba appears in front of them.

 

The eleven leader says, his eyes widening, “Yes, that’s him!”

 

There are multiple gasps and Sailor Saturn asks, “What was Kayaba doing here?”

 

Sailor Uranus says, plainly, “Most likely, gathering information to ‘fine tune’ SAO.”

 

Kazuto says, “I have to agree.”

 

Sailor Moon thinks in her mind, solemnly, “So, your knowledge of our time when I was a Moon Princess was only an aid to assist you to create that nightmare?”

 

Sailor Pluto looks in deep thought and Katrina asks, “Something on your mind, Lady Pluto?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “I believe that there was more going on than just research for his monstrosity. I need to investigate that cavern.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “Same here.” Sailor Celestial tells the eleven leader, “Can you lead Pluto and me to the cave?”

 

The eleven leader says, with a nod, “Yes, Princess Selene.”

 

Sailor Celestial tells the others, with a stern tone, “Now, I’m going with the Outer Sailor Scouts to see what’s in that cave!” Before plenty of the others could protest, Sailor Celestial responds, sternly, “I mean it! I’ve tolerated your overprotectiveness long enough big brother! This time, I’m the one with the power and you aren’t, swords or not!”

 

Sailor Moon tells Sailor Celestial, “I’m not, Celestial.”

 

Sailor Celestial tells Sailor Moon, “I need you to remain so that big brother doesn’t do that and you know how he will do that through I’m calling the kettle black for you since Asuna, Rika, and Keiko told me quite a few tales about you.”

 

Sailor Moon gives a nervous laugh and Asuna says, “She has a point.”

 

Kazuto says, embarrassed, “Asuna!”

 

Rika tells Kazuto, with a sly smile, “She has a point, you know.”

 

Davis then steps forward and he says, “Kari and our partners will come with you to make sure.”

 

Kari, Veemon, and Gatomon nod their heads in agreement and Tai yells out, “Kari!”

 

Kari tells Tai, “I’ll be all right.”

 

Tai responds, “No way, Kari! You just got out that virtual world and you are readjusting to life in the real world! It has only been a few days and we should know how hard it is!”

 

Yolei says, “You just came back into our lives and now, we could lose you again? No way!”

 

Davis says, “Hey, we don’t go down so easily. Plus, we’ll have Veemon and Gatomon with us.”

 

TK says, with a sigh, “I’m not going to argue with them especially Davis. You know how stubborn he is.”

 

Ken says, with a weak smile, “Don’t we know it, TK? When Davis has his mind set on something, he does it.”

 

Matt says, with a sigh, “Yeah, we know, Ken.”

 

Kari says, “And I’m not leaving Dai-kun’s side, Tai. We’ve been through so much already and I’m not going to leave his side.”

 

Sora tells Tai, “Tai, you know that you can’t do anything.”

 

Matt says, “She may be your ‘little sister’, but she isn’t a little girl anymore.”

 

Veemon says, “Don’t worry, we’ll be there!”

 

Gatomon says, with a nod, “I had to watch and wait for two years for Kari to return home and I’m not just going to sit on my butt anymore.”

 

Sailor Celestial asks, “Don’t I get a say in this?”

 

Davis, Kari, and Gatomon shout out in unison, “NO!!!” Sailor Celestial flinches in complete surprise and while she wanted to argue some more, she quickly got the point that more arguing will lead them to be stuck all day in which she sighs in defeat.

 

Sailor Uranus says, with a smirk, “It seems like you can’t do everything Celestial.”

 

Sailor Celestial glares at Sailor Uranus and she says, “I may be the Senshi of Reality, but even I can’t do anything, Uranus.”

 

Sailor Mars asks, “And what about us?”

 

Sailor Venus asks, annoyed, “What are we?”

 

Sailor Celestial says, pointing to Sailor Moon, “She is to make sure that my big brother doesn’t do anything crazy. You are to make sure that my sister doesn’t do anything nuts along with her boyfriend!”

 

Sailor Moon says, annoyed, “Hey!”

 

Asuna tells Sailor Moon, with a sly smile, “Really, Serena? Do you really want me to tell how you follow Kirito-kun out a window and flying through rooftop?” The Inner Sailor Scouts and Tuxedo Mask look at Sailor Moon in surprise and Sailor Moon laughs nervously as she rubs her head.

 

(Later on; Elsewhere in Lyusula)

 

Sailor Celestial, the Outer Sailor Scouts, Davis, Kari, and their two Digimon partners are at the entrance of a cave with the eleven leader that mentioned it along with a guard.

 

The eleven leader says, “This is it. This is where I saw him.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “Thank you very much. We will take it from here.”

 

The eleven leader asks, curiously, “Are you sure?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, with a nod, “It is for the best.”

 

The eleven leader responds, “As you wish, Lady Pluto.” Soon enough, the group ventures into the cavern and Sailor Celestial uses her fire powers to create torches for the group while Sailor Neptune uses her Aqua Mirror to also assist.

 

Gatomon says, “This is just plain creepy.”

 

Davis says, “Not for us since we are used to this Gatomon.”

 

Kari responds, “Don’t remind me, Dai-kun.” The group continues down the cavern and they take down a few spider monsters along the way, but nothing too major until they reach a point where they see something up ahead.

 

Sailor Saturn says, “There is something up ahead.”

 

Sailor Neptune says, “I see it, Firefly. However, I can’t see what it is.”

 

Sailor Uranus asks, confused, “It looks like…A Duel Monster card?” From what the group is looking at, there is a Duel Monster’s card floating in-between two tree trunks, one from the roof and one from the ground.

 

Davis asks, “What’s a Duel Monster’s card doing in a place like this?’

 

Sailor Pluto says, “You have to remember that Duel Monsters does have a connection to ancient forces of our planet including the Crimson Dragon and the Shadow Games.”

 

Gatomon says, “I don’t like this.”

 

Kari says, nodding her head, “You aren’t the only one, Gatomon.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “Step carefully.” The group carefully advanced closer, but then a bright flash forces them to cover their eyes in which they are able to see they find someone that looks exactly like the forest elf on the third floor of SAO that Serena, Kazuto, and Asuna, in their respective SAO avatars, with a sword-like duel disk attached to his left arm.

 

The forest elf says, “Hold intruders! If thou wishes to get this card of great might and power in order to find the castle of death of old and present, thou must fight Harold of the Forest Elven Hallowed Knight!”

 

Davis asks, confused, “Huh?”

 

Veemon says, with a shrug, “I don’t know, Davis!”

 

Sailor Uranus asks, “Castle of death of old and present…?”

 

Sailor Saturn says, realizing, “Sword Art Online!”

 

Sailor Celestial says, snapping her fingers, “That must be it! Remember, he just said that he is a ‘Forest Elven Hallowed Knight’! Remember the story about the ‘War Elf’ quest back in SAO? It has to be talking about Aincrad!” Sailor Celestial asks, with a glare, “And you must be a servant of the wretched king of Aincrad, huh?!”

 

Harold responds, “I am!”

 

Sailor Neptune says, “This must be a trap set up by Kayaba to keep whatever this card is safe.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, taking out her duel disk with a dueling deck inside from her sub-space pocket, “He wants that card out of other people’s hands then I want it!” Sailor Celestial attached her duel disk to her left wrist and she says, activating it, “Bring it out, elf boy!”

 

Harold retorts, “You will pay for your insolence Sailor Senshi!” Harold activates his duel disk, their decks are automatically shuffled, and after both duel disks register 4000 life-points for each duelist, they draw five cards from their decks.

 

“Duel!” Sailor Celestial and Harold yell out in unison as their duel begins.

 

Starting Scores:

Sailor Celestial: 4000

Harold: 4000

 

Harold says, “No mercy from me! I shall take the first move!” Harold draws a card and he says, putting one card on his duel disk, “I set one monster face-down and end my turn.” After a hologram of a face-down monster appears on his field, Sailor Celestial draws a card to start her turn in the duel.

 

Sailor Saturn asks, “Will she be all right?”

 

Sailor Uranus says, “We are going to have to wait and see Firefly.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, putting one card on her duel disk, “I play my Twilight Rose Knight!” Soon after, Twilight Rose Knight (1000/1000) appears on the field and Sailor Celestial says, putting one card on her duel disk, “With my knight on the field, I can one level four or below plant monster and I choose Cactus Fighter!” Cactus Fighter (1900/400) then appears on the field in attack mode and Sailor Celestial says, “And now, I’m going to give my Fighter a bit more pinch by tuning my Twilight Rose Knight with him!” Twilight Rose Knight turns into three stars that turn into three rings that surround Cactus Fighter, making it become transparent, and as she gets a Synchro Monster card from her Extra Deck, a column of light appears on the field. Sailor Celestial then chants out, “Lofty rose that buds in a garden of integrity! Bloom here, watered by the blue moonlight! Synchro Summon!” Sailor Celestial puts the Synchro Monster card on her duel disk and she shouts out, “Now, meet my dragon: Black Rose Moonlight Dragon!” Out of the column of light, Black Rose Moonlight Dragon (2400/1800) appears on the field in attack mode.

 

Kari says, amazed, “Oh, wow! That looks like Black Rose Dragon!”

 

Sailor Celestial shouts out, “Black Rose, attack with his face-down with Rose Requiem!” Black Rose Moonlight Dragon attacks the face-down monster, but it is then revealed to be Obnoxious Celtic Guardian (1400/1200) in defense mode and the attack is negated.

 

Harlon says, “Wrong, little girl! My Obnoxious Guardian can’t be destroyed by monsters with nineteen hundred attack points or more due to its ability most special.”

 

Sailor Celestial says, putting two cards into the spell/trap slots, “I’ll end my turn with a pair of face-downs.”

 

Harlon says, drawing a card, “And now, it is my turn!” Harlon says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “First, I bind the power of your wretched dragon with my Ability Bind equip spell!” Soon after, Black Rose Moonlight Dragon roars out as it is bound by chains and Harlon says, “And now, its vile power is now bound by my sacred spell!”

 

Sailor Celestial snarls and Sailor Uranus says, “That’s not good for Celestial.”

 

Davis says, with a nod, “And worse is yet to come.”

 

Harlon says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “Then I play the might of Polymerization!” Harlon discards Gaia, the Fierce Knight (2300/2100) and Curse of Dragon (2000/1500) monster cards, the monsters appear on the field and go into a fusion vortex, and he says, getting a Fusion Monster card from his Extra Deck, “I untie my might Gaia and my fierce dragon in order to create the mighty Gaia, the Dragon Champion!” He puts the Fusion Monster card on his duel disk and Gaia, the Dragon Champion (2600/2100) comes out of the vortex in attack mode. Harlon says, putting another card into the spell/trap slots, “Then I shall give him power with the Spiral Spear Strike spell card! As long as this card remains on the field, if my Dragon Champion attacks a monster in defense mode with its attack points greater than its defense points, you shall take the damage harlot!” Harlon says, putting the last card in his hand on his duel disk, “And to drive that point home, I shall by Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight in attack mode!” Soon after, Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight (2300/2100) appears on the field in attack mode and Harlon says, “Since this was the last card in my hand, I need no other monsters to bring out my loyal knight!”

 

Kari says, “Oh no.”

 

Sailor Uranus says, “This is triple trouble.”

 

Sailor Neptune says, with a nod, “And it is coming Celestial’s way.”

 

Harlon says, “And now, I switch my Guardian from defense to attack mode!” After Obnoxious Celtic Guardian switches from defense mode to attack mode, Harlon yells out, “Now, slay that wretched girl’s dragon and show her the might of a true dragon!” Gaia, the Dragon Champion charges in and impales Black Rose Moonlight Dragon causing it to roar before it shatters.

 

Sailor Celestial says, pushing a button on her duel disk, “I play my trap card: Defense Draw!” One of Sailor Celestial’s face down card is revealed to be the Defense Draw trap card and Sailor Celestial says, drawing a card, “I don’t take damage from this fight and I draw a card!”

 

Harlon says, “Well, you won’t stop these attacks! Teach this little girl a lesson my loyal knights!” Swift Gaia and Obnoxious Celtic Guardian attack and Sailor Celestial yelps as she is hit hard by the two attacks causing her to lose 3700 life-points.

 

Sailor Saturn says, concerned, “Celestial!”

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a winch, “Don’t worry, it will take more than this little elf to beat me.”

 

Harlon responds, “You will pay with those words little girl. I end my turn.”

 

Current Score:

Sailor Celestial: 300

Harlon: 4000

 

Sailor Celestial says, drawing a card, “I draw!” Sailor Celestial says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “I start off with a simple spell card: Monster Reborn! Return, my Moonlight Dragon!” Black Rose Moonlight (2400/1800) returns to the field in attack mode. Sailor Celestial says, “And now, she has got her powers back! I activate her ability! When she or another monster is special summoned, one level five or above special summoned monster has to return to the controller’s hand!”

 

Harlon says, shocked, “You can’t!”

 

Sailor Celestial says, snapping her fingers, “That’s right! Your Dragon Champion has got to hit the road and it is going back to your deck since it is a Fusion Monster! Black Rose, Rose Ballad!” Black Rose Moonlight Dragon gives a roar as Gaia, the Dragon Knight vanishes in a vortex.

 

Harlon says, with a sneer, “You wretch!”

 

Sailor Celestial says, pushing a button on her duel disk, “If you are mad about that, then you are going to LOVE this, jerk! I activate my Discharge Payment trap card!” Sailor Celestial’s other face-down card is revealed to be a trap card of a monster getting kick out of an apartment home and Sailor Celestial says, with a smirk, “Thanks to this trap, since a monster got the boot, the controller takes the damage equal to the attack points of the monster and that means you!” Harlon yelps out as he gets slammed by an energy beam as he loses 2600 life-points.

 

Harlon says, irritated tone in his voice, “You harlot!”

 

Sailor Celestial says, putting one more card into the spell/trap slots, “Well, things are going to get worse and when I mean by worse, I mean you are about to get your butt kicked when I play my Pump Up spell card and double my monster’s attack points for this turn!” Black Rose Moonlight Dragon then goes from 2400/1800 to 4800/1800!

 

Harlon says, shocked, “This can’t be!”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “Oh, it can, jerk! Black Rose, end this game with Rose Requiem!” Black Rose Moonlight Dragon unleashes its attack that slams into Swift Gaia, vaporizing him, and Harlon yelps as he is swallowed by the flames from the explosion as he loses 2500 life-points as well as ending the duel.

 

Final Score:

Sailor Celestial: 300

Harlon: 0

 

With the end of the duel, the final ‘holograms’ fade away and the flames dispel, they find a destroyed robot skeleton in place of Harlon.

 

Davis yells out, “The dude was a robot!”

 

Sailor Uranus says, “I figured since I didn’t get an aura from that ‘guy’.”

 

Veemon says, “It looks like that means that card belongs to Sailor Celestial.” The group goes over to the card and they find that it is Odin, Father of the Aesir (4000/3500) Synchro Monster card.

 

Sailor Neptune asks, “Isn’t that…?”

 

Sailor Pluto says, “One of the three Aesir or Polar God cards.”

 

Kari asks, “What’s it doing here?”

 

Davis asks, “Didn’t it belong to a group of guys called Team Ragnarok?”

 

Sailor Uranus says, “They did…until they mysterious vanished right about the time that we were starting as Sailor Scouts.”

 

Gatomon asks, “And now, it is here with this robot that was set up by Kayaba. Do you think…?”

 

Sailor Neptune says, “We can’t be sure, but it seems that way Gatomon.” Sailor Celestial then takes the card into her hands and she yelps as a powerful energy goes into her.

 

The others are shocked and they yell out in unison, “Sailor Celestial!” Sailor Celestial then sees visions of Team Ragnarok after the World Racing Grand Prix and they were attacked by a mysterious enemy in which they were left dying when Kayaba found them. Halldor, the leader of Team Ragnarok and original holder of Odin, talks with Kayaba in his final moments and knows what kind of horror that Kayaba will commit, but he gives him the three Aesir/Polar God Synchro Monster cards anyway before he dies. Sailor Celestial then sees visions of Kayaba putting Odin away at this location and Kayaba commenting that when Sailor Celestial arises she will find this card and it will lead her to him in which he sets up the dueling elf robot ‘trap’ for that day. As this happens, Sailor Celestial’s left eye gains Halldor’s Rune Eye and she stumbles back into Sailor Uranus’ arms as the visions end.

 

Sailor Pluto asks, “Are you all right, princess?”

 

Sailor Celestial says, with a groan, “How many times do I need to tell you to stop calling me that Pluto? Anyway, I’m fine.”

 

Davis asks, “What happened girl?”

 

Sailor Celestial says, “I saw…I saw Team Ragnarok after the World Racing Grand Prix. They were fighting against some kind of mysterious enemy and they were left mortally wounded. Kayaba found them and their leader, this guy named Halldor, knew that Kayaba was going commit some kind of great horror, but they gave him their cards anyway before dying since they knew that he was going to make sure that they were found by their successors. He put this card in this cave since he knew that I was Halldor-san’s successor and he made sure that only I would pass this test to get it.”

 

Sailor Saturn asks, confused, “He wanted you to get this card?”

 

Gatomon says, “I don’t like the sound of that.”

 

Davis says, “I don’t either, Gatomon. It usually means ‘big fat booby trap’.”

 

Kari says, with a nod, “Big time, Dai-kun.”

 

Sailor Pluto asks, “Do you have an idea on where the other two Aesir cards are?”

 

Sailor Celestial responds, shaking her head, “No, I don’t. But I do know…where Team Ragnarok’s grave is.”

 

Sailor Uranus says, “We should find them and return them home.” The others nod their heads in agreement as Sailor Celestial looks at her newest card along with the dueling deck that mysterious appeared and came with it as the Rune Eye appears in her left eye once more in which Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Pluto, and Celestial herself can’t help to wonder about the ‘mysterious enemy’ that lead Team Ragnarok to their demise and the reasons behind their battle causing them to gain real ‘bad feelings’ that this enemy may be also their enemy as well.

 

End of Chapter 9

 

(Sword Art Online closing theme ‘Yume Sekai’ starts)

 

As the scene floats down in front of us, we see the Moon Palace in front of a massive lake where instead of the palace, Aincrad is being reflected by the pool of water instead of the Moon Palace. As Aincrad is being shown, we see Kirito, Usagi, and Asuna, in their SAO forms with their ALO forms behind them, floating down and as we float down, we see Suguha Kirigaya surrounded by her ALO avatar of Leaf and as Eternal Sailor Celestial with the form of someone that looks like Princess Serenity, but with Sailor Celestial’s sigils on her forehead. And finally, we float down to see Davis Motomiya, in his Kirito’s style outfit, and Kari Kamiya, in her version of Asuna’s KOB outfit, together surrounded by the three Egyptian God Cards, the Sacred Beasts, Signer Dragons, and many more ‘out of the ordinary’ Duel Monsters including the Aesir.

 

The final scene appears where it shows Kazuto, Serena, Asuna, Suguha, Davis, and Kari surrounded by all of their friends, comrades, and/or loved ones: The Sailor Scouts, Tuxedo Mask, Digidestined and their Digimon partners, Rika, Keiko, Andrew, and Ryoutarou.

 

Preview (Leafa’s voice)

 

“Next time: Igniting the Solar Flare.”

 

And that’s the end of that chapter, folks. As you might expect, I have used all aspects of the Sword Art Online universe to make up this crossover fanfiction series and I think that you can get the meaning behind this chapter, correct? I read pretty well into all of the Sword Art Online novels that have come into English including Sword Art Online Progressive and you want elements of that to remain as flashbacks or would you like to see a ‘Sailor Moon Online Progressive’ fanfiction story. Just let me know on what you think, everyone! Later and best wishes, Crossover Fans!