Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ "Party at Apartment 202!" ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The end at last! I don't half go on, do I? And yeah, if you guys haven't already guessed it, 202 is Matt's apartment number… And it happens to be Tai's apartment number somewhere in the series too! Hmm…

"Party at Apartment 202!"

SCENE 5: 01:30, Davis' apartment.

Joe is sipping beer on the sofa, near Jun, and watching late night TV. (Jun is still unconscious.) Tai is in the other armchair sipping beer and also watching late night TV. Matt is occupying most of the sofa and with a huge bag of frozen peas over his face. His head's turned up at the ceiling and his arms are draped over the back of the sofa.

JOE: Feeling any better, Matt?

MATT: (Beneath the frozen peas) I feel like shit...

JOE: Want a beer?

MATT: No way.

TAI: Have we even run out yet, Joe???

JOE: (^_^) Nope! Still half a crate to go!

TAI: (^_^;) Man, we'll never finish all that beer!

JOE: (Slyly) Who's to say we won't?

TAI: (^_^;) ...

MATT: You know, I was debating with myself for almost an hour before deciding to come here...

TAI: You were?

JOE: Oh, how come, Matt?

MATT: I was worried that you guys might be doing something stupid...

TAI: Come on Matt! Need I remind you that we're all responsible young adults here...?

JOE: (^_^) Especially the guy with the infamous Crest of Reliability...? Meaning me, of course.

MATT: No, what I mean is that when Jun called, she sounded really drunk...

TAI: (^_^) She was! (Sly ^_^) You sure you weren't just worried about us doing something stupid? Perhaps you were worried that a certain somebody would end up doing something stupid...

MATT: (Tears off the frozen peas ^_^*) NO WAY, TAI!!! (Groans and hangs his head in his hands) Does anyone have any aspirin or something? I feel as if my head is going to explode...

TAI: (^_^) More like your mouth!

JOE: (^_^) Here you go! (Hands Matt a container of aspirin)

MATT: (Struggles to open the container, then struggles to pour two aspirins. He ends up with half of the container in his hand) Oh man, I must be really screwed up... I can't even pour two aspirins!

TAI: (^_^) That's because you're fucked up, not screwed up, Matt!

JOE: Yep. (Picks out two aspirins and helps Matt pour the rest back into the container) Look, you're hands are shaking.

MATT: (Swallows the aspirins with water) My dad's going to kill me! If I turn up home like this, he's going to flip! (Manages a half-smile) Well, at least I'm not T.K....

JOE: Why, is your mom really strict?

MATT: She's the definition of strict!

TAI: (Murmurs to Joe) With Matt, I guess she wasn't strict enough...

JOE: (^_^) Boy, I think she was...

TAI: Where's your little brother anyway, Matt??? And where's Kari??? And where's Davis???

Joe stands and goes to the bathroom. He tries the door and it opens. T.K. and Davis tumble out. They're asleep. Joe looks for Kari and finds that she's asleep as well in the bathtub. She wakes up.

KARI: (Rubs her eyes) Oh, I must have dozed off! Oh, hello Joe!

JOE: (^_^) You ready to come out yet?

KARI: (^_^ and nods) I sure am! (Steps out of the bath tub and sees T.K. and Davis asleep on the floor) T.K.! Davis! Who won?

JOE: (^_^) The Sandman.

TAI: Kari! Where have you been???

KARI: (^_^;) Oh, nowhere! How about you?

MATT: (Stands slowly) What time is it?

JOE: It's nearly two a.m.

MATT: (Whistles) Woah! Better take T.K. home! (Tries to lift T.K.) Yo! T.K.! Wake up!

T.K.: (Opens his eyes slightly) Huh? Is it time to go already?

TAI: How are you going to take T.K. home if you're still drunk, Matt??? Do you need any help???

MATT: Nah! My head may be spinning, but T.K.'s isn't - right, T.K.?

T.K.: No. I guess it's not.

MATT: There you go!

T.K.: (-_-;) Then that means I'm taking you home...

MATT: You said it!

TAI: (^_^;) ...

MATT: (^_^) See you guys later!

TAI: (^_^;) Yeah! Much later!

JOE: See ya.

MATT: Oh, and tell Davis that his party was great!

JOE: (^_^) Sure thing.

TAI: (^_^;) ...Matt thought what party was great???

JOE: Tai!

TAI: (^_^;) ...

Matt and T.K. leave Davis' apartment - T.K. supporting Matt. Tai and Joe hear them speaking outside in the corridor.

T.K.: Come on, Matt! At least make an effort to walk! I might as well be carrying you!

MATT: Oh man, I'm toast! Do you think dad will kill me?

T.K.: Not as much as mom will! Now start walking!

MATT: I need another aspirin. And I need coffee. Lots of coffee.

T.K.: Matt, walk will you?! One foot in front of the other!

Joe sits back down and opens another beer. Kari sits near Tai on the sofa. Nobody bothers about Davis.

KARI: Hey, can I have a beer, Joe?

JOE: (^_^) Sure... (About to pass her a beer)

TAI: No! You can't! Joe, stop influencing her!

JOE: (^_^) Sorry, Kari.

KARI: Aw, but why not Tai?

TAI: Because drinking is bad. (Finishes his beer) Very bad.

JOE: How come you won't give her one, Tai? (^_^) At least give her one before we drink it all!

TAI: (o_O;) Are you serious???

KARI: (^_^;) Why, how much have you guys had???

JOE: (^_^) A lot.

TAI: (Grimaces) More like seventy or so! And he's still going!

KARI: (^_^;) ...!

JOE: (^_^) Plus a lot of vodka shots.

TAI: (^_^;) ...!

KARI: How much vodka, Tai?

TAI: (^_^;) Just a little... Heh heh... But you didn't miss much, really!

They all hear somebody groaning. They check Jun. It's not her. They check Davis.

DAVIS: (T_T) Owwwwwwww... My heeeeeaaaaaaadddddddd...

TAI: (^_^) You hungover, Davis?

DAVIS: (Sits up) No! I think somebody stood on my head! (Notices the absence of guests) Hey! Where did everybody go??? (Notices the absence of T.K. and stands up triumphantly) HA! Who won the war? I did! Up yours, T.K. you coward, I beat you!!! (Rushes to Kari's side) Kari! Are you okay? You weren't bored, were you?

KARI: (^_^;) No! I'm fine!

TAI: Well! (Stretches and squeezes the middle of his empty beer can.) Looks like this party's over!

DAVIS: HUH?! (^_^;) But it's only two a.m.! You can't leave now! The night is still young!

TAI: (^_^) And so am I! I'm outta here! Thanks Davis!

KARI: Yeah, we'd actually stay and help you clean, but our parents are expecting us home now and we wouldn't want to disappoint them! See you Davis! And thanks again! (Follows Tai out of Davis' apartment)

DAVIS: (^_^;) Kari! Wait up! I'll walk you home!

JOE: (^_^) No you won't. We need to tidy this place up before your folks come home and find it a wreck.

DAVIS: (Flops onto the sofa) So it's a wreck! My folks don't come home until Sunday!

JOE: (^_^) But it is Sunday. (Picks up Tai's squeezed beer can) And we have a lot of aluminium...

DAVIS: So build a satellite with it!

JOE: (^_^) Come on, Davis...

DAVIS: (^_^;) But I'm too tired! (Smacks forehead) Ohhhhhhhh!!! I didn't even get it on with Kari! (Slams his fist on the coffee table. It buckles and collapses -_-;) Damn it!!! DAMN IT!!! And T.K. did! Ooh, I'll get him! (Notices Jun) Hey, what's up with her???

JOE: (^_^) She's out.

JUN: (Suddenly wakes up and looks around... O_O;) MMMMMAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!

JOE and DAVIS: (^_^;) ...

AUTHOR'S FINAL NOTE: Um, I don't usually ask for reviews, but they would be helpful! ^_________^;