Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ "Party at Apartment 202!" ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I think I did very well focusing on all the characters here, considering how many I have included! Violence courtesy of Yolei, that poor sink…

"Party At Apartment 202!"

SCENE 4 - 01:00, Davis' apartment.

Matt is still out for the count, being nursed by Jun. Izzy and Yolei are in an 'intelligent' conversation; and Tai and Joe are sharing the third vodka bottle, whilst Davis, T.K. and Kari are still in the bathroom.

TRACK: Nirvana/ Sifting.

TAI: (Grimaces as he finishes his vodka shot) So Joe, how's med' school?

JOE: (Refills Tai's glass shot) Oh, it's great.

TAI: You know, I'm glad that you're here. If one of us screwed ourselves up badly, you could... (Sips his vodka thoughtfully) ...Un-screw us.

JOE: Huh, thanks. (Holds his shot up to the light and examines it) Yeah... I guess I could do that.

TAI: And tell me again? How can you manage to drink so much and not completely zonk out like Matt??? Or to put it more precisely, not completely zonk out like the rest of us??? And that's with all of us combined???

JOE: (^_^) Oh, that... Apparently, I was endowed with the gift of sobriety and an endless supply of brain cells.

TAI: That figures... (Gestures to Yolei and Izzy) Look at them. Where are they going with that?

YOLEI: Izzy, what are 'polynomials'?

IZZY: 'Polynomials'? It's the division of algebraic equations. Why?

YOLEI: I was just wondering if you could teach me how to do them, that's all.

IZZY: Oh. Okay.

TAI: Poly-what?

JOE: Polynomials.

TAI: Is that math or the name of a flower?

JOE: It's math.

TAI: (-.-) I'm screwed up.

JOE: (^_^) So's Matt. (Sips his shot) But that was a good match though, wasn't it?

TAI: (Gazes over at Matt) I hope he comes round soon. I want my seat back. (Sees how Jun's holding Matt's hand and watching him with worried, lovey-dovey eyes *_*) But it can wait.

JOE: Hey, do you know where the bathroom is?

TAI: (Gestures with his vodka shot) Down there. Last door on your left.

JOE: (Goes to the bathroom and tries to open it, but it's locked) Hello? (Knocks) Is anyone in there? (Pause, then the door clicks and Davis, T.K. and Kari come out ^_^) Hey you guys!

KARI: (^_^) Hey Joe! Glad that you could make it!

JOE: (^_^ Sees the dark expressions on T.K. and Davis) Hey, what's wrong with them? Are they ill or something?

KARI: (-.-) They've been fighting.

DAVIS: (Staring at T.K. through narrowed eyes) You may have won the battle, but you haven't won the war!

T.K.: (Staring at Davis through the same narrowed eyes) We'll see about that, goggle boy...

JUN: (Waves at them) Hello!

KARI: Hey Jun.

T.K.: (Notices Matt) Hey, what happened to my brother?

TAI: (Channel-surfing) He lost on the vodka shots.

T.K.: To you???

JOE: (^_^) Nope!

T.K.: (^_^;) ...

Joe enters the bathroom and stops when he hears music playing.

TRACK: Foo Fighters/ Walking After You.

He stands there listening for a moment.

JOE: Hmmm... Cool.

Once Joe exits the bathroom, T.K., Davis and Kari re-enter it and the door is relocked. Joe sits back down on the sofa beside Tai and pours himself another vodka shot. Izzy and Yolei are seated in the kitchen area calculating 'polynomials' on kitchen paper. Yolei starts to laugh uncontrollably. Joe and Tai look over at her and Izzy.

TRACK: Elastica / Connection.

IZZY: Yolei! Concentrate! How am I supposed to teach you how to do polynomials when you're laughing like a maniac?!

YOLEI: I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Go on!

IZZY: Well, after you cancel out the x squared, you do the same to the - (Yolei bursts out laughing again) YOLEI!

YOLEI: I'm sorry, Izzy! I guess I'm too pissed to do polynomials!

IZZY: (-.-;) Maybe we should do this later when you're not.

YOLEI: (Stops laughing immediately) No, Izzy! I want to learn polyna- polynom-

IZZY: See! You can't even say the word!

YOLEI: (Blurts) POLYNOMIALS! (Then bursts out laughing once more) I want to learn polynomials, Izzy!

IZZY: Then would you stop laughing? (Yolei's staring at him silently. ^_^;;) What is it? Is there something wrong?

YOLEI: Izzy, I... (Her face moves closer to Izzy's and she closes her eyes. Her lips touch his the moment the track goes...)

TRACK: "...And a connection is made..."

Tai and Joe go bug-eyed as they see Yolei kissing Izzy. Just as Izzy is about to respond, Yolei jerks away from him and covers her mouth. She really looks ill - to the point of green.

YOLEI: (o_O;;; Mumbles in panic behind her hands) Excuse me, Izzy! (She runs to the kitchen sink and vomits noisily into it).

IZZY: (^_^;;;) ...!

TAI: (O_O;) Way to go, Izzy! (Izzy looks absolutely mortified)

JOE: (^_^;) I think Yolei's had too much to drink. It's probably that.

YOLEI: (Bent over the kitchen sink and moaning. She is more mortified than Izzy) OH MY GOD! I'VE COMPLETELY BLOWN IT! HE'S GOING TO THINK THAT I'M A COMPLETE AND UTTER DORK!!!

IZZY: (Touches her shoulder hesitantly) Yolei? Are you okay?

YOLEI: I'm a complete and utter dork!!!

TAI: (^_^;;) Izzy, I think you better take Yolei home.

IZZY: (^_^;;;;;) Yeah...

YOLEI: (ToT) I'm a complete and utter dork!!!

IZZY: (Puts his arm around Yolei) Come on, Yolei. Let's go home. (Yolei takes a piece of kitchen paper off the kitchen counter as she is led out of the appartment. She wipes her eyes with it and sees that it has polynomials all over it. She wails ToT)

IZZY: (^_^;;;;;) ...!

TAI: (^_^;;;) Izzy, are you going home too?

IZZY: Yeah. I'm calling it a night.

TAI: (^_^;;;;) See ya!

JUN: See ya, Izzy! See ya Yolei! Tomorrow, okay?

YOLEI: (T_T Nods) I'm a complete and utter dork!!! (Continues to wail outside in the corridor ToT)

Joe, Tai and Jun ^_^;;; when Izzy and Yolei are gone.

TRACK: KORN/ A.D.I.D.A.S.

Joe finishes his vodka shot again and is about to pour himself another when he discovers that the bottle is empty.

JOE: (Studies the empty bottle) Hmmm... That's a damn shame.

TAI: (Grimaces) Here, have mine!

JOE: (^_^) Thanks! (Downs the shot)

TAI: (-.-) Poor Yolei... Poor Izzy!

JOE: And they were really getting somewhere, weren't they?

TAI: Yeah... (-.-) Unlike us...

JOE: What do you mean, Tai?

TAI: If Sora was here, she wouldn't have let us get so fucked up...

JOE: Don't you mean 'screwed up'?

TAI: No. I mean 'fucked up'. We're fucked up!

JOE: Oh. (Silence, then Joe -.-) I miss her...

TAI: (O_O! Sits bolt upright) What?!

JOE: It's a shame she moved to America...

TAI: (-_-; Relaxes) Oh! You mean Mimi! Uh, hahaha... For a moment there, I thought you meant Sora!

JOE: (-.-) I miss her...

TAI: Hmmm... (Looks away and spots Jun stroking Matt's hair and mussing it up. ^_^;;;) Jun! Matt's going to kill you if he finds you messing up his hair like that!

JUN: (^_^ Swigs her beer) No he won't!

TAI: (^_^;) Oh yes he will...

JUN: He's asleep anyway! (Leans over Matt's sleeping face) Awwwwww... (She is about to kiss him... <gasp!>)

TAI: (O_O;) JUUUUUUUUUNNNNN!!! (Startles Jun. She misses Matt's mouth and ends up kissing his right eye instead)

MATT: (Suddenly wakes and clutches his eye, banging heads with Jun. Tai and Joe ^_^;;; and Jun loses her balance on the armchair, falling over) OH MY GOD!!!

TAI/ JOE: (^_^;) Matt! Are you alright???/ Jun! Are you okay???

MATT: (Clutching his eye and his head) JESUS CHRIST!!! WHAT HAS SHE DONE???!!!

TAI: Quick! Get some water on it!

Matt staggers to the kitchen sink to wash his eye, but is repelled by Yolei's earlier vomitting. He staggers to the bathroom instead and bumps heavily into the door. It unlocks and Matt steps on Davis' head as he enters. T.K. and Davis are wrestling each other on the floor with Kari seated in the bathtub. She looks fed up and bored.

TRACK: Radiohead/ No Surprises.

MATT: (O_O?! Stares with his good eye) What the...???

DAVIS: Give it up, T.J.! You know you can't win!

T.K.: Fat chance you will, Davis! (Hits Davis)

DAVIS: (T_T) Ahhhhhhhh!!! You son of a bitch! That was my nose! (Hits T.K. back)

T.K.: (-_-*) I told you not to call me that! (Hits Davis again)

KARI: (-_-; Hands under her chin and sighing as she says monotonously) Davis, T.K., please don't fight...

Matt closes the door very slowly and glances at the others in puzzlement. Tai's grinning uneasily ^_^; whilst Joe's fanning an unconscious Jun on the armchair Matt was just sitting in.

AUTHOR'S FINAL NOTE: I have got to change the themes of this fic, haven't I? Too much of the three deadly deadlies…