Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Time and Place for Everything ❯ Twilight ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I Do not own digimon, I do own all Storys/Evolutions/Digimon/Characters I make up.

************************************************************

"A Time and Place for Everything"

Chapter 2 ' Twilight'

************************************************************

With the naked eye one could just see the sun go over the horizon in its last great spectacle of the day, being driven from the land by the approaching darkness, seeming to flee as fast as possible to give respite to others on a far away plane.

A boy looked up from a park in Edmonton, a capital city in the country of Canada. Little did the boy know but his world was soon to be the wall in which the Digidestined would be backed up against. It was here that the Digidestined would land, here that they would finally make their last stand against the darkness.

TK looked around him as they started their long journey to the world that would most likely be their last stand. Off in the corner, he saw Kari with a very battered Gatomon, with a worried Patamon right beside her. A twinge of pain went through him as he realized that that last hit from Myotismon might have caused him more damage than he thought but he put this aside and continued his line of thought.

Joe and Mimi were missing and considered dead. Izzy was telling Imperialdramon V2 an approximate place to land and Ken was off with Yolei in the corner segregated from the rest of them so he could try to get her out of her self imposed guilt over the loss of Davis. Veemon was still around though which is the only reason they made it off of Earth Beta alive. All TK had to do was listen carefully and anyone of those assembled could hear Sora over in the corner weeping over the deaths of Biyomon, Tai…and Matt… the thought of never seeing his brother again still caused him some pain, but sadly it was getting easier as more friends fell. Sora had lost Biyomon fighting back on Earth Prime.

Then there were the other Digidestined; although they had all worked together on multiple attacks and missions, they still tended to default into their original groups. Along for the ride was Yamaki and his wife who were the creators of the former Hypnos installation that housed the Juggernaut system. Then there was Rika, Jeri, Kai and Kenta; all of them had their partners except for Jeri, but Leomon died before the war started. Also with them were Guilmon and Beelzemon who worked closely with Jeri as a link to their former partners. Takato had mysteriously disappeared near the end of the last battle before they retreated from Earth Beta and was considered captured or dead… better dead all things considered. Beelzemon's child partners had been killed before his eyes as he was trying to get them to safety and it had taken the ultimate form of Renamon, Taomon, to drag him away and keep him from going down fighting.

Yamaki and his wife had managed to survive the destruction of Hypnos by being off for the day; they were considered the most important people on the ship right now. It would be up to them to construct a new Juggernaut system to keep Earth Delta from being invaded and wiped out. Yamaki and his wife now had digimon partners of their own to help defend them as a last resort. TK was worried about whether they could duplicate the systems and add on the effect that only their own digimon would be allowed on terra firma. This had been done before but even then they were not sure how. Izzy suspected it had been Gennai who had made this possible.

Even after multiple battles with the other Digidestined, TK had not gotten to know Henry very well. Henry died in front of him in the Digital World while fighting one of Earth Beta's old nemeses, a sovereign by the name of Zhuqiaomon. He had decided to join the Dark Digimon and had once again taken on the cause of wiping out humanity as a threat to Digimon. Henry Biomerged and took on Zhuqiaomon alongside Azulongmon but the two of them were overrun by Zhuqiaomon's forces and sacrificed themselves to destroy most of Zhuqiaomon's army.

Suzi on the other hand gotten to know TK pretty well, during the whole time they had been fighting on Earth Beta, she had gone around with a crush on TK. This of course made his and Kari's life harder. Unfortunately Suzi had gone missing with Joe and Mimi on a search and destroy mission, their mission had been successful but they had never arrived back in the real world.

No one knew what happened to Andromon and Kazu.

A Dark Digimon had injured Calumon beyond healing and had disintegrated into his data bits which by some weird phenomenon had covered the Digidestined and their partners and revitalized them giving them the strength and the Digimon the ability to Biomerge without him being around.

Another side effect of Calumon's defeat was that now Earth Primes Digimon could now Digivolve to their highest levels again. They were all saddened that it had come at the loss of a friend's life.

Kari looked over Gatomon's wounds and was surprised that her partner has survived the rematch with Myotismon without being able to go to her ultimate form. "Damn it all! Why the hell did we originally give up our friend's ultimate forms in the first place if this was going to happen!" Kari looked up and noticed that TK was looking over their group one by one, seeing who was hurt and who needed help. Kari smiled, the first smile she had on her face for a long time. 'Ah TK… always acting the leader, not taking any time to think of yourself'. It was at this time that Kari noticed that the left side of TK's shirt was a blackish color and realized with a sickening feeling in her stomach that he was injured way more than even Gatomon was. She rose then and went over to TK to try and talk some sense into him and get him some of their limited medical aid.

********************************

Lightning flashed above an eerie black castle. The terrain around the castle was a blackish color with craters pocking the surface like grenades had been dropped in a totally random pattern. No life could be seen at all, just the way the occupants liked it! Death, decay, misery, pain and, above all else, conquest was what they enjoyed. There were none of them where there were once twelve; the blasted Digidestined had fought back and actually managed to eliminate some of their rivals.

A strange anomaly had happened shortly after the master had appeared, the bodies of those Digimon who fell did not disintegrate into data and either become part of another Digimon or disperse into the digital world. Now there WERE bodies left behind to prove that a Digimon had fallen. This allowed the Dark Digimon a pleasure they had never known before…. Trophies.

They had allowed only one place to not become a battleground... their garden. At the mention of the garden, almost everyone at the table smiled with glee and the though of going there at a later time. Some however grimaced at the thought of the garden.

Suddenly the Leader appeared in his… her… IT'S chair high above the rest. They did not know if it was Digimon or human or something else, only that the last one to attack that presence had died within a second of sending an attack its way. The voice was not one that any of those assembled--be it the Generals or the armies below--had ever heard. Those who wondered about IT had made their inquiries very quietly as to not arouse the anger of their master…yes, "master" was the proper term.

One day the master had popped up out of nowhere and brought back those who had fallen in the battles against the forces of good. However for this "service" they had been forced to obey him. The battles were fierce and the victories were many. The hated Digidestined were mercilessly attacked and fell to their armies. In the end they left only a few alive to retreat. They would have killed them all if they would have been allowed but the master had told them not to, that the remaining Digidestined would lead them to another part of the digital world that had been sealed off in a battle many eons ago… in human years it would have been about 20 years earlier.

For the first time their armies followed but did not attack the hated Digidestined and again they managed to acquire another piece of the digital world and bring it back into the whole. And with this additional chunk of the digital world under their control they were able to bring even more powerful Digimon under their sway… especially with the help of a traitor in their enemy's midst.

"So, my love, do you think the master's spies have found where the remaining Digidestined are heading?" one shadow whispered toward another.

"Shut up bandage breath! IT might hear you and then we might be destroyed!!!" The two shadows stared at each eyes now wide open, with the thought of being wiped out in their minds they then paid their full attention to the large black hole that surrounded IT.

A coldness that caused even the Frigimon to shiver seemed to emanate from the master as a voice came from the darkness.

"HEAR ME NOW!"

All Digimon and humans that were not seated kneeled as the voice hit them like a two-ton weight. Those who were seated lowered their head in a sign of respect.

"After interrogating the prisoners we have finally found out where the surviving Digidestined have fled to." As the master spoke a large digital map slowly appeared in the middle of the table the Generals were sitting at. On it was shown both Earths and the now almost whole digital world that surrounded the Earthly plain.

"Here is where they are going."

All eyes opened as a dimensional world they never even realized existed appeared on the map off to the side near the area that contained the dark ocean, a dimension that even the Dark Digimon avoided at all costs.

"As some of you know, originally there was only what is known to the humans as the digital world, a alternate dimension that is parallel with whatever world is in that area. But this is not how it always was, once there was JUST the digital world known back then as Utopia"

Almost all but a few of the assembled Digimon seemed to be in a state of shock, this news left way to many questions in the smarter individuals minds for reason to handle.

"I will Leave it up to my Second in Command to fill you in on all the information that you will require, it will be a while before we can launch an attack but… well you will see!"

As the final words ended, IT disappeared as if had never been and the general atmosphere became more… pleasant than it had been.

A human form clothed in a long black robe stepped out from the behind the black hole and spoke in a rough but firm voice, very strange for someone as young as she appeared.

"I will begin with this; anyone who calls me by the name I once had will die immediately, I have renounced that name and all that came with it!"

Everyone looked around and could not believe that this one had turned to their side, that after all the conflict and the many dark Digimon that this child had single handedly destroyed, that she was going to help them, finally they managed to bring their emotions back into order to listen. Especially after they saw the digimon partner flex it's muscles and give an eerie grin in their direction.

"I will start, now that I have your attention; we are not going to be able to catch up to or be able to attack the remaining Digidestined for about 3-5 years as I have it figured it. They have a sizable jump on us and there is no connection between our part of the digital world and the one they will encounter when they get there. Fortunately this gives our spy on their side a chance to find out how their Juggernaut system works and disable it for when we reach the edge of the barrier. A spy would not have been necessary if Myotismon had not destroyed the entire building and all their records when he was first through the Juggernaut barrier. All of you high ranking individuals know how and who our spy is and so I will not divulge that to anyone else, their identity will become clear when it is needed and not before."

Myotismon stood and started forward at a run toward the child, the others around him just sat and watched.

"I will not take orders or be told what I can and can't do by a weakling child, for criticizing me you DIE!" CRIMSON LIGHTNING!

The whip like attack came within 3 feet of the child and was absorbed by a shield that began to glow red. The child looked toward Myotismon, put out her hand and with a word no digimon heard; blew Myotismon to dust.

During all this, the child's digimon partner did not even flinch. As the dust blew out of the room, a sinister smile could be seen on the child's face, "You may call me Calico" she said to the assembled, "I will not be challenged and I will not be attacked again!" the latter was said to the crowd, the former aimed directly to the Generals who as she looked at each of them, nodded their heads in acceptance.

"Be forewarned, this will not be an easy task of wiping out the remaining Digidestined, the world they are going to has a very advanced society and already knows that the Digidestined are on the way, we expended our only passage to that digital network and before the agent could make it back, was destroyed by the digimon defenders. Fortunately, this is the place that the spy will do it's best to open a hole again, to open a breach into that network so we can go in and conquer it and finally wipe out the Digidestined."

At this the crowd cheered, to think that one day they would be rid of those who had stopped them time and time again at the brink of success.

The generals looked at each other and many were surprised at what they saw, it was not the hatred and opposition of the past, not the faces that said plain as day "I will destroy you all" for once they were all aligned and none of them were of higher rank, they all actually felt equal.

A shadowed shape stood with a crack of twisting wood and spoke to everyone "Let the Digidestined beware, we will not work against each other and so while we put all our efforts into destroying them from the outside, the spy will help destroy the from within"

Down in the dungeons of Hells Keep, a pair of humans shuddered together as the laughter and celebration of their captors reached them through the night.

************************************************************

Well what do you think? I could use some suggestions and comments, don't hesitate to email me directly at dhack@oanet.com What you liked, what you didn't like, where you would like to see it go….ect.

Chapter 3 is already a quarter done, might go up as early as tonight - saturday