Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Absence of Light ❯ Pico's Power ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: Pico's Power
 
 
Takato had seen more than a few Digimon deleted in his time. He was no psychic, but sometimes it was almost as if he could feel their pain, just before they burst into hundreds of tiny data fragments.
 
This, however, was nothing like that.
 
When the black lightning struck Pico, he expected a flash, possibly a scream, and then for the Pico Devimon to explode into data.
 
Instead, he got the flash, a scream, and…a black hole.
 
At least, that was the best way to describe what was currently happening to the spot Pico had previously occupied.
 
The really odd thing (but at the same time, Takato was VERY thankful for it) was that all that lightning, which had been inches away from their heads, was being drawn into the black hole, which quickly began to increase in size. Within seconds, it was easily nearly half the size of Kerpymon.
 
But the evil Cherubim Digimon did not seem to be worried. Instead, he was watching the event with a kind of confused interest, just as Takato was. They had both expected Pico to be deleted, but this was clearly not the case.
 
Behind him, Takato felt Alice risk a peek upwards. "Did Pico…is he…?" she whispered.
At that moment, her D-Arc let out a shrill whine. Alice raised it to her face, surprised to see that the screen also displayed a swirling black hole. Then she gasped. "Something's coming out!"
 
Takato didn't need her to tell him that, though.
 
Two large hands, tipped with black and red claws, had just emerged from the black hole, gripping the edges of it. Then two leathery wings, riddled with holes from battle, were next to come out.
 
Takato's spirits rose, but only a little. Devidramon was only an Adult, so what chance did he stand against an Ultimate like Kerpymon? Still, if a battle bought them a little more time to escape, he wasn't about to explain. He grabbed Alice's hand and tried to pull her away. "Come on! Devidramon can stall while we-"
 
"It's…not him," Alice whispered, staring up at the sky. "That's…not my Devidramon…"
 
Takato looked up as well, and his voice died in his throat.
 
It was certainly not Devidramon that had just emerged from the black hole, which was now shrinking into nothingness.
 
Kerpymon smirked and raised a hand, already forming another black lightning bolt. "Well, you've managed to surprise me. Not that it will make a difference."
 
"I assure you," Devimon said in a strong, steady tone, "that it will make ALL the difference."
 
"We will see." Kerpymon grinned wickedly and threw the lightning bolt. "Lightning Spear!"
 
For some reason, Devimon made no attempt to dodge the attack.
 
"What's he DOING?!" Takato cried in shock, thoughts of escaping long forgotten.
 
Alice said nothing, but she gripped her D-Arc tightly.
 
Inches away from hitting its target, the lightning came to a complete stop.
 
Kerpymon's grin turned into a snarl. "There's no way!"
 
"But there is." Devimon extended his wings even further. The lightning leaped into the left wing, which pulsed before several of the holes in it were filled with regenerated flesh. "Delicious…and nutritious," he quipped, his eyes glowing bright red.
 
Kerpymon roared in rage and charged his opponent. "You will DIE!!!"
 
"You first." Devimon raised his claws to the sky. "Hell Contract!"
 
A circle of tied scrolls suddenly surrounded him. As one, they unrolled, revealing blood red kanji.
 
Kerpymon cried out in shock and pain as he came to a complete stop, gripping his left arm. "What…what have you done to me?!"
 
"Did you really think the Pico Darts were completely harmless? My lesser did his duty well. I will finish what he started." Devimon's red eyes flashed dangerously.
 
A horrible howl of pain flew from Kerpymon as his left arm throbbed and exploded into hundreds of data fragments. "NOOO!!!" he screamed, falling to his knees. "I cannot be defeated this way!"
 
Wordlessly, Devimon flapped his wings once, smiling darkly as the data surged toward him, vanishing into both his wings. Soon, each wing only had a few of holes left.
 
"This is impossible!" Kerpymon made it to his feet and renewed his charge. "I am stronger than you!"
 
"We will see." He flew at the Cherubim Digimon, his claws raised for battle. "Death Claw!"
 
Kerpymon swung at Devimon's head with his remaining arm, but the Fallen Angel swooped in low and drove his left claw into Kerpymon's shoulder, squeezing hard. Instantly, that arm burst as well, all the data streaming into Devimon's wings as he flew up and away. Kerpymon collapsed to the ground, severely weakened, but not yet defeated.
 
"You were a worthy opponent, Kerpymon," Devimon said quietly, "but a careless one, as well. Now, I take vengeance for those you needlessly destroyed." The Fallen Angel looked to the sky and shouted, "HEAVEN'S JUDGMENT!"
 
The final insult was too much for Kerpymon. Refusing to be deleted by his own attack, he struggled to his feet and leaped up at Devimon, trying to literally bite his head off.
 
With a smirk, Devimon tore open Kerpymon's belly with a downward slash of his right claw, knocking his enemy back to the ground with his left.
 
Kerpymon rolled onto his stomach in an attempt to keep in all the data that was trying to escape. However, it made no difference a few seconds later, when black lightning rained down and struck him again and again, mercilessly and thoroughly. With a final cry of denial, his body exploded into a huge cloud of violet data.
 
Devimon quickly descended directly into the cloud, sighing in something like rapture as he continued to absorb Kerpymon's data.
 
Alice managed to find her voice first. "No…you promised you'd try not to delete him…"
 
Takato blinked and squeezed her hand. "I'm really sorry, Alice. But…sometimes, it's us or them, and…"
 
She jerked her hand away roughly and ran forward, heading straight for Devimon.
 
The Fallen Angel had just finished absorbing all the data when he sensed his Tamer's approach. He turned and lowered himself to one knee in front of her, bowing his head. "Our foe is neutralized, Mistress."
 
"You didn't have to delete him," Alice whispered, shaking her head as tears rolled down her face. "You knew you were going to win from the start. Why did you do it? Why?"
 
"I did only what you asked of me." Devimon extended a finger to carefully brush the tears from her cheeks, and then turned over his hand, opening his claws to reveal the unconscious form of Lopmon.
 
"You…saved him?" Alice asked in shock as she lifted Lopmon into her arms.
 
"I would never go against your wishes, Mistress," Devimon replied, raising his eyes to hers.
 
"…I'm sorry I didn't have faith in you." Alice looked away. "You must think I'm a horrible person."
 
"You are indeed a person…a human. You will make mistakes, as will I." He smiled, which was not quite as reassuring as he intended it to be. "But you must leave being horrible to me. I'm much better at it."
 
* * * * *
 
"Home sweet home," Ryo whispered as he stared up at the Lee's apartment from the street. His eyes had ceased trailing dark energy in an attempt to pass for normal, but anyone who caught a glimpse of his entirely black eyes would've been scared, anyway.
 
At his feet, Monodramon sat motionlessly, almost in a zombie-like trance. It was impossible to tell if he was even breathing.
 
"I'll keep my word, Lee-kun," Ryo said. "I'll make sure that no one touches little Shuichon. No one but me, that is." Suddenly, his head jerked to the left, and his eyes narrowed in suspicion. "Monodramon! Track this." He gripped his wrist briefly, and when he let go, the skin there was strangely orange in color. Ryo lowered the discolored wrist to Monodramon's nose.
 
At once, the diminutive dragon came to life, sniffing loudly, and then growling as it barreled forward, vanishing around the side of the building.
 
Ryo followed at a leisurely pace. He soon found Monodramon in a nearby parking garage, sniffing insistently at a canvas bad tied to a large, black motorcycle. "Enough." Ryo tore the bag open, arching an eyebrow as a small, sickly Koromon tumbled out, shivering and looking pitiful. "Perhaps these humans are not as foolish as I once thought," he murmured as he reached down and tucked the trembling Digimon under his arm. "Fear not, little brother. You will never be weak again. This, I promise you."
 
The Koromon knew, or at least suspected, that this "human" smelled more like a Digimon than any had a right to. Yet, he also knew that the creature was providing him with much needed warmth, and that it had just freed him. With a sigh, the little Infant pressed its face into Ryo's side and quickly fell asleep.
 
Ryo stared into space for a few seconds before nodding to himself. "It is time to begin building my army. You shall be the first, little brother. You will teach the humans what it means to truly suffer." With an eerie smile on his face, Ryo walked off, followed at once by Monodramon.
 
* * * * *
 
"How much do you know about Agumon?"
 
Ruki blinked and looked up to see Juri staring at down at her with a hopeful expression. "Enough," she replied at length, sitting up on the couch. "Why?"
 
"Pepper…well…he doesn't…seem to do much, does he?" Juri asked, lowering her voice as she watched Shuichon try to read Pepper a story. The Black Agumon seemed to be more of the opinion that she was trying to put him to sleep, and kept closing his eyes every few sentences.
 
Ruki shrugged. "Shuichon said he was hurt when she found him. Maybe he hasn't healed up yet. Anyway, he's a Black Agumon; there's a difference."
 
Juri paused. "So…is it normal for them to be so…inactive?"
 
"Well, no. Generally, they're actually very fierce and quite active." Ruki bit her lip thoughtfully. "I guess it IS pretty strange for one to behave the way Pepper has been."
 
"I only ask because I wouldn't want to depend on him if anything happened to Impmon. I don't know if Shuichon has been feeding him too much or the wrong things, but he seems really sluggish. For what I know of Agumon, anyway."
 
"It's not like Shuichon has been doing anything other than feeding and hugging him. She hasn't even tried to use a healing card on him."
 
Juri frowned. "She can really do that? But…he's not really hers. And what about Lopmon…?"
 
"I did say she hasn't tried," Ruki pointed out. "It may not be possible, and even if it isn't, the worst she could do is accidentally help Lopmon." She pulled out her deck and sifted through it before selecting a single card. "This one's perfect." Ruki raised her voice. "Shuichon, want a present?"
 
Shuichon was instantly in front of her. "Yay! I get a present???"
 
"Yup, for being a good girl." Ruki handed her the card. "Try that on Pepper and see what happens."
 
"Oooh, it's pink!" Shuichon cheered as she pulled out her D-Arc. "Get ready, Pepper!"
 
Pepper sleepily opened one eye, grunted, and stuck his head under Shuichon's pillow.
 
"Card Slash! Pixiemon's Boot Camp activate!" Shuichon squealed excitedly.
 
There was a long silence, in which absolutely nothing happened.
 
"…I think your card's broken, Ruki-san," Shuichon said after a minute. She went over to Pepper and poked him a little. "Unless it's supposed to make him sleepier?"
 
"Looks like you can only Card Slash for Lopmon, then," Ruki concluded. "So much for that theory."
 
Shuichon pouted. "Do you think Takato and Alice have found Lopmon yet?"
 
"I'm sure they have," Juri said quickly, patting the girl's head. "Don't worry, Shui-chan. They'll be home before you know it."
 
* * * * *
 
The group had remained largely silent after Pico's defeat of Kerpymon. They had all congratulated him in one way or another, but other than that, no one spoke for quite a long time.
 
Something was bugging Takato, though. Devimon was an Adult, while Kerpymon was an Ultimate. Logically, they were two far apart in power for Devimon to even begin to stand a chance. There was just no way that the battle should've been as short as it was (unless Kerpymon had crushed Devimon in under a minute, anyway), or have turned out the way it did. He could tell that Renamon had some doubts, too, but wasn't voicing them out of respect for Pico risking his life for them all, and her in particular.
 
Alice didn't seem concerned about the mystery. She was far more worried about Lopmon, who still hadn't regained consciousness. Pico had assured her that Lopmon would eventually recover, but so far, his vital signs remained steady but weak.
 
"Maybe he's just sleeping," Takato said mostly to himself when they stopped for the night. “Like Pico was."
 
At that, Pico apparently awoke on Alice's shoulder. "Do not sleep," he commented before closing his eyes again.
 
"What do you mean, you don't sleep?" Guilmon asked. "That's all you ever do!"
 
"Do not sleep," Pico repeated firmly. "Collect."
 
"Collect? Collect what?" Takato asked, clearly confused.
 
"Data."
 
"…WHAT?"
 
Pico sighed. "Collect data. Is necessary."
 
"To do what?" Renamon wondered aloud.
 
Pico stared at her as if the answer should've been obvious. "Survive. Evolve. Protect Alice."
 
"So…when you close your eyes, you're really collecting data instead of sleeping?" Takato asked. "How is that even possible? We never SEE you collecting it."
 
"Collect data from all things. Do not have to be seen."
 
"All things? Even me?" Guilmon asked uncomfortably.
 
"No. Your data needed to protect Alice's boy."
 
Takato blushed slightly. "Thanks, I think."
 
"So, you're collecting data right now?" Alice whispered suddenly.
 
Pico nodded. "Yes, Alice. Must collect."
 
"Why?"
 
"To protect Alice."
 
Alice didn't look convinced. "Did you collect before you met me?"
 
Pico nodded.
 
"Why did you do it then?"
 
Pico blinked. "Why does Alice breathe?"
 
"What do you mean, why? So I can live!"
 
Pico nodded at once. "Same, then. Collect to live."
"You couldn't live if you didn't collect data? Is that what you're saying?" Alice asked slowly.
 
"Can Alice live without breathing?"
 
"Of course not. I would die if I didn't."
 
Pico flapped his wings in what might've been a shrug. "Do not know how to exist without collecting. Have always collected. Will always collect, especially now, for Alice's safety."
 
"He's a vampire," Renamon stated suddenly. "A digital vampire. That's why he does it."
 
"That doesn't make sense," Takato said. "Digimon don't have blood."
 
"No, but we have data. If he lives by feeding on data, he's a vampire."
 
"Am I a vampire, too?" Guilmon asked with concern. "I've collected data before…"
 
"This is crazy!" Takato laughed. "ALL Digimon collect data!"
 
"There's a difference," Renamon insisted. "I've earned every bit of data I've absorbed by winning in battle. The same goes for Guilmon. Pico merely absorbs data from objects in the Digital World."
 
"Do they have to be living ones?" Alice asked.
 
"I suppose that depends on what you mean by living. Clearly, he can take data from other Digimon. But I suspect what he considers 'collecting' consists mostly of taking data from inanimate objects."
 
"Trees. Rocks. Water," Pico said. "Collect from them, as well."
 
"So…since he doesn't earn all his data in battle…does that make him evil?" Alice wondered.
 
"No," Renamon replied. "Since the Digital World isn't collapsing around us as we journey, he can't be taking too much data from any one thing when he does collect. Frankly, I think it's a terribly useful ability, should we come up against anything else on par with Kerpymon. I almost wish I could do it, too. It's far more likely that members of the Devimon line earned their bad reputation just from being of that line."
 
"Are they the only ones that can collect data that way, or are there other Digimon who can?" Takato asked.
 
Pico didn't answer, so Renamon shrugged. "It's news to me. I've always gathered data the old-fashioned way. But I certainly hope we don't run into any dragons that specialize in that technique, or we could be in some real trouble."
 
Takato smiled nervously. "You say that like Kerpymon was a walk in the park."
 
Renamon looked at him gravely. "He may have been, Takato. He may have been…"
 
"Speak…for yourself," said a soft, wavering voice in their midst.
 
Everyone whirled around to see Lopmon shuddering and taking deep breaths in Alice's arms.
 
"I remember everything," he gasped in a haunted whisper. "I…I couldn't stop myself. I'm…so sorry…I never meant to…to…"
 
"Calm yourself, Lopmon," Renamon interrupted, placing a gentle paw on his head. "We don't blame you for what happened. You were driven to that point by…unnatural forces."
 
Lopmon shook his head. "But…I had no right to…hurt you…"
 
"We've been in worse fights," Guilmon commented. "You remember the Reaper."
 
But Lopmon did not hear. He was staring straight at Pico. "You…stopped me, didn't you? Thank you. I can…never repay you for…"
 
"Did only what Alice asked," Pico replied at once, looking uncomfortable.
 
"That's his way of saying you're welcome," Alice murmured into Lopmon's ear, giving him a little squeeze.
 
As Lopmon stared up into her face, some of his fear left him. He sighed and drew closer to her, wrapping his ears around her in a comforting embrace.
 
Alice smiled a bit and patted his head. "Don't worry. You'll be back with Shuichon soon enough."
 
* * * * *
 
Juri winched as another gunshot sounded just above her head. Holding in a sigh, she emerged onto the roof, mentally preparing herself for the next loud report.
 
On the other side of the roof, Beelzebumon flipped his shotgun up, a feral grin on his lips as it automatically reloaded itself. There were definitely some perks to being a Demon Lord.
 
"People might be trying to sleep…somewhere," Juri said, trying to sound convincing.
 
Beelzebumon picked up on her doubt, though. "Yeah, and if an XV-mon chomps 'em while they're tryin', they'll never wake up." He paused, aimed at a nearby rooftop, and fired.
 
Almost instantly, there was a brief flash, after which that particular roof seemed even darker than before. Eventually, red bits of data floated sluggishly towards them, like bloated mosquitoes that had overeaten.
 
"Do you even know what you just shot?" Juri asked skeptically.
 
Beelzebumon seemed to swallow as the data flew into his chest, and burped loudly. "Tastes like V-mon. Anyway, it's one less Digimon than can eat you."
 
"But it's one more Digimon that you've killed." She was somewhat pleased to see an uncomfortable look pass over his face, albeit very briefly.
 
"I thought you forgave me for deletin' Leomon."
 
Juri nodded. "I did. But that doesn't mean I want you killing everything else instead. I just want you to think before you kill. You make it seem as easy as breathing."
 
Beelzebumon decided not to mention that killing WAS as easy as breathing for a Digimon like him. Instead, he sighed and holstered his shotgun. "Fine. But when we get swarmed, just remember that I was the one thinning out the numbers."
 
"I'll remember," Juri promised. "Now, come inside. I'm making cookies."
 
The Demon Lord muttered something under his breath, but shrank to his Child form of Impmon and followed her back inside.
 
Neither of them noticed the lone Cyber Dramon hovering silently a few feet away. With a grunt, it dropped to the ground, its body shrinking back to Monodramon as it returned to its master.
 
A look between them was all Ryo needed to know his partner's thoughts. "Good. They don't even suspect that we're nearby. This may be easier than I calculated. But first, we'll need a closer look. That's where our new friend here will come in."
 
At his feet, a Gabumon looked up at him expectantly.
 
"I want to know what they're planning, if anything. I want to know if they've been communicating with Takato. I want to know anything that might interfere with me. Go and be my ears, little brother."
 
Gabumon nodded and darted away, his white and blue pelt waving noiselessly as he went.
 
* * * * *
 
Renamon had not mentioned to the others how far they had now ventured into Qinglongmon's domain. She was certain that their forces were strong enough to stand up against any further dragon attacks. Lopmon was looking much better as time passed, but never ventured far from the warmth of Alice's arms.
 
Guilmon, however, seemed to be getting more and more feral. He still recognized Takato easily enough, but anyone else that got near him was snapped at. Renamon almost wished they would encounter a dragon, if for no other reason than to allow Guilmon to unleash some frustration. By the look of him, if he didn't see some action soon, they would all regret it…assuming they survived.
 
The region had quickly become mountainous, and soon they were traveling in a valley surrounded by huge white hills on both sides. The area absolutely stank of dragons, for anyone with a keen enough nose.
 
Just then, the end of the valley came in sight, leading to a very large cave, and Pico's eyes suddenly snapped open. "The Great Dragon is injured," he murmured.
 
Renamon stopped and turned to face him. "How do you know that?" she asked. There was a time when there would've been slight disbelief in her tone, but lately she had begun to heed all of Pico's warnings.
 
"My brothers sensed it…now I do, as well. He is weakening, but alive…for now."
 
Takato began to point out that Pico wasn't exactly a dragon himself…but then he recalled their first meeting, and kept his mouth shut.
 
"What happens if he dies?" Alice asked softly, worry in her tone.
 
"I think it best that we not find out, Alice," Renamon replied. "We should hurry."
 
"A Holy Dragon will block our path," Pico announced.
 
Takato frowned. "But you just said Qinglongmon was wounded!"
 
Renamon shook her head. "He didn't say it was Qinglongmon, and he was right. Look."
 
Takato looked towards the cave, and finally spotted a thick ring of white smoke rising up in front of it. "I don't suppose you know which Holy Dragon it is, then?"
 
"Will find out soon," was Pico's reply.
 
"I think we should let Guilmon handle whatever it is," Lopmon suggested.
 
The others nodded their agreement (except for Guilmon, who just growled) and continued forward.
 
Soon, they reached the end of the valley, and found themselves looking down on a large pit. Sitting inside it was the Dragon Deva Majiramon.
 
"I thought Cyber Dramon deleted him?" Takato whispered to Renamon.
 
"Do you really think the Digital World is not resourceful enough to replace those fallen in battle? Besides, this is dragon land. There could literally be hundreds of Majiramon."
 
"…I really wish you hadn't said that," Takato sighed.
 
By then, Majiramon had spotted them, and the dark green dragon drew himself up to his full height, frowning down at them. "None may pass," he said in a rumbling voice. His eyes drifted over them, pausing significantly on Alice, and even longer on Guilmon.
 
"We have business with Qinglongmon," Renamon said, which was true. "We need to thank him for helping to save the human world, among other things." Which was not exactly true, but it wasn't as if they weren't grateful for his help against the Reaper.
 
Majiramon shook his antlered head. "I still cannot allow you to pass. Your thanks, and whatever other reason you may have had for coming here, must wait."
 
"For how long?" Takato asked before Renamon shot him a look.
 
"Indefinitely," Majiramon answered, arching an eyebrow.
 
Lopmon leaped out of Alice's arms and stepped forward. "Majiramon! Do you know me?"
 
The dragon leaned forward slightly. "I do, Lopmon. You were once one of us."
 
"I still am," Lopmon insisted, sounding insulted. "As one Deva to another, I request that you let us pass."
 
"I must respectfully deny your wish," Majiramon replied, and sounded as if he meant it. "Deva you may still be, but even you cannot pass at this time. Qinglongmon himself asked me to stand guard here, and I will do so until he no longer wishes me to."
 
"Would you dare to block a fellow servant of Zhuqiaomon?"
Majiramon chuckled softly, his long, white mustache twitching. "Fellow Deva, I would block Zhuqiaomon himself, if need be. None will pass, not even a DigiGod."
 
"None but us," Lopmon said, his eyes flashing. "I do not wish to fight you, old friend."
 
"Nor do I, but clearly, that is your intent," the dragon replied, his eyes narrowing. "Come at me, then, and suffer the fate of all those who would defy the Great Dragon's law."
 
"You're not going to take him on alone?" Alice asked in shock.
 
Lopmon nodded. "I will do what I must." He closed his eyes and bowed his head. "Before, I took the power without permission. Now, I ask that it be granted to me, for now I seek it to save the Digital World, rather than destroy it. Hear my summon, spirits!"
 
Alice watched in surprise as a golden glow appeared at Lopmon's feet and surrounded him in a column of blinding light. "Lopmon…?"
 
* * * * *
 
"Ruki-san! My D-Arc's glowing!" Shuichon cried excitedly.
 
Ruki looked interested, but not surprised as she leaned over the girl's shoulder. "I'd say Lopmon's in a fight. Oooh, and I feel sorry for the other guy."
 
"Huh? Why?"
 
Ruki tapped the revolving picture that popped up. "That's Turuiemon, an Adult form. Attacks are Swift Secret Punch and Violent Rock Rabbit. He's a martial arts master and an expert strategist. Basically a ninja bunny."
 
"Cool!" Shuichon squealed. "But…how come Lopmon never turned into him before?"
 
Ruki shrugged. "Sometimes, kiddo, you just have to find yourself."
 
* * * * *
 
Next Chapter: The Tamers find Qinglongmon, meet the new DigiGod, and discover their true enemy.
 
 
Digidex
Majiramon: The Dragon Deva, a Perfection/Ultimate level (the original was deleted by Cyber Dramon)
Turuiemon: an Adult/Champ form of Lopmon (another is Wendimon), looks like a bigger, purple version of Lopmon, with a big metal claw on each red glove and a neat yellow karate suit with a blue handkerchief around his neck. English attacks are Gauntlet Claw & Lightning Kung-Fu, I think. To my knowledge, he's never had an animated appearance, which is a real shame.
 
I have no idea if the holes in Devimon's wings are battle scars. Hell Contract has no connection to Pico Darts. But I thought it would be neat if it did, so there.
 
Apparently, some Digimon can use the attacks of others when they've absorbed the proper data. The only example I've seen is Beelzebumon using Makuramon's bubble attack after absorbing his data. In principle, even if a Digimon doesn't actually move up a level, it can still get stronger by absorbing massive amounts of data. Beelzebumon has that in common with Kerpymon and Lucmon from 04.
 
There is no Pixiemon's Boot Camp; I made it up and it's more fun that way. I am not willing to buy all the cards to find out what each does, nor can I find a website that will tell me anything beyond the names and what a few do. And I'm sick of looking. Deal with it. Won't be the last I make up, either.
Pixiemon's Boot Camp: Boosts endurance of a weakened Digimon through intensive training (which ties in nicely with Lopmon's new form, actually)
 
Koromon can actually evolve into Gabumon. Ever notice how similar Agumon & Gabumon look? It's because they're both Reptiles. I always thought the only big difference was Gabumon's pelt; without it, he'd still be a dinosaur with a flame attack, just like Agumon.