Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Enemy's Friendship ❯ Two Less Team Members ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Davis was feeling down in the dumps because the other Digidestined shunned him like a really bad movie. Despite encouragements from both his sister Jun and his mother, he still had doubts that he would ever have a friend other than his pal Veemon. But after hearing a not too flattering conversation, Davis decided that he should join the Digimon Emperor. Veemon was doubtful at first, but after hearing what the Digidestined said after he helped them with the Hyogamon, he concluded that quitting the Digidestined was the best thing.
/ is Davis mental talk
// is mental talk for all of Veemon's Digivolutions.
' is thoughts






Chapter 2: Two Less Team Members

It was now nightfall in Odaiba. Davis was getting ready for bed. The next day, he would announce his resignation from the Digidestined. He knew that the others wouldn't have much to say about it. After hearing the unjustified things the others said about Davis, Veemon had no more doubts about quitting the 'team'.

"I just can't wait until this is over and done with," Veemon said.

"You and me both Veemon," Davis said. He then lay down in his bed. "Night Veemon," he said before going to sleep.

"Goodnight Davis," Veemon said before snuggling under the sheets of Davis's bed and falling asleep himself.

It was a tranquil night for both of them. The only thing on their minds was telling the other Digidestined that they would be two members short. The next morning, the alarm clock went off at 7:15am. Veemon hopped out of bed first. Then Davis got out of bed. He turned on his computer and found that he had one email. He looked at it and saw that it was from Ken.

The email message read: Davis, I was thinking that maybe we could hang out before going to the Digi World. Meet me by the lockers after school. I'll tell you what we'll do then. Ken.

Davis and Veemon smiled at the message. None of the other Digidestined had asked them about hanging out before. Davis then got ready for school. It took him half an hour to shower and dress. Then he and Veemon enjoyed a simple breakfast. Then they walked to school. It was a ten-minute walk from where they lived.

School started at 8:15am. In the 15 minutes that Davis had before class, he and Veemon would always sit by the fountain. The fountain was beautifully crafted. It was made out of solid marble with an angel sculpture. The water came out from the tipped over pitcher that the angel carried.

"Do you think the others want to talk to us after what I did yesterday?" Veemon asked.

"If they do, we'll tell them that it's none of their concern," Davis responded. "I just hope that we don't have many confrontations with them today."

Luck can be very unpredictable at times but it was on Davis and Veemon's side today. The other Digidestined just walked past Davis and Veemon without acknowledging them even once. Davis and Veemon didn't mind one bit. The days usually went by too slow for Davis's liking, but this day went by faster than he thought. After the final bell rang, Davis and Veemon were on their way to the lockers. Just like in the email, Ken was standing by the lockers waiting for them.

"I see you guys got my email," Ken said smiling.

"Yes I did. It's good to be hanging out with someone besides my family for a change. So what are we going to do?" Davis said.

"Let's hang out in the park. We can have a one on one soccer match if you want," Ken said.

"You're on pal," Davis said.

Meanwhile, the other Digidestined were just coming out of the computer lab when they saw Davis talking with Ken.

"It's Davis. And he's with Ken Ichijouji," TK said.

"How can that be?" Yolie asked angrily.

Then, Davis and Ken left for the park. The other Digidestined tailed them but at an out of sight distance. They didn't need to be out of sight though because Davis and Veemon sensed their presence.

//What should we do with our sudden company?//

/Let them follow us. They won't be able to do anything/

Fifteen minutes later, Ken and Davis arrived at the park. They headed over to the soccer field. Ken brought a soccer ball and took it out of his backpack. He then put it in the middle of the field. Davis then went over to one side of the field.

"Since there are only two of us, let's just play on your half of the field," Ken said.

"That's fine with me," Davis said.

Then the game started. Ken ran with the ball to score a goal. He kicked it up and bounced it off his knee a few times before hitting the ball with his head towards the goal. Davis got in position and caught the ball.

"Nice block," Ken said.

"Thanks," Davis said as they switched places. He then charged toward the goal. About a foot away from the net, he stopped and kicked the ball upward.

The ball went high into the air. Ken wondered what Davis could be up to. The ball soon came down and started bouncing on the grass. The third time the ball bounced, Davis kicked the ball towards the goal while it was still off the ground. But the ball didn't go straight. It went a little to the left before speeding towards the right.

Ken could only stand amazed as the ball went past him and into the goal. "I didn't know that you had a move like that. That was awesome," Ken said still in awe.

"I have a few other secret moves that I haven't shown anyone yet," Davis said.

Meanwhile, the other Digidestined were in shock at Davis's move.

"How could he do a move like that?" Cody asked.

"You got me. How did he get that good so suddenly?" TK said.

Davis and Ken played for an hour. Afterwards, they sat on a nearby bench to rest. Veemon congratulated them both on a good show of speed and skill. Ken looked up and saw the other Digidestined coming their way.

"We've got company Davis," Ken said.

Davis looked up knowingly at the Digidestined. "Yes?" he asked.

"We want to know why Veemon destroyed that Digimon and what's up with those new moves," Kari said. She figured that Davis would be nice with her. What neither she nor the others were expecting was Davis's next words.

"You think that you're experts on if a Digimon is bad or not. What I want to know is if Veemon could sense the great evil in the Digimon, how come your Digimon couldn't? You were so busy trying to reason with it that you failed to realize that there was no reasoning with it," Davis said.

"That still didn't give Veemon the right to destroy it. He could've just scared it off," Cody said.

"Knowing that Digimon, it would've returned with the same intention of killing you and your Digimon," Veemon said.

"Who asked for your opinion?" Yolie asked very rudely.

Davis was struggling to keep his anger in check after hearing that. He wouldn't take anyone being that rude to his parnter anymore. "I've had it with your disrespect of us. I've been quiet for too long," he said. He removed the goggles from his head before smashing them on the ground.

The glass of the lenses shattered into tiny pieces. The other Digidestined had expressionless looks on their faces, making it difficult to tell how they were feeling.

"That's my way of saying that I am no longer a part of your team. To put it simply, I quit. You said that you're better off without me. I find that hard to believe after that Hyogamon almost destroyed your Digimon," Davis said.

"Consider me no longer a part of the team too. I've gotten nothing but disrespect from all of you. I was going to talk Davis out of his decision to quit, but your lame smart-mouthed remarks convinced me that quitting was the best thing to do," Veemon said.

Then Ken, Davis and Veemon left the park. Davis and Veemon felt much better now. They felt like a very heavy load had finally been removed. Before they left to come to the park, Ken agreed to go to Davis's house. They soon arrived, and Veemon knocked on the door.

Mrs. Motomiya opened the door. She smiled upon seeing Ken. "I see that I was right Davis," she said.

"Yes you were mom," Davis said smiling. "This is my friend Ken Ichijouji," he added.

"It's nice to meet you young man," Mrs. Motomiya said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you also," Ken said before entering the house.

The three friends went straight to Davis's room. Davis turned on the Digiport, and they all went to the Digital World. Ken then led Davis and Veemon to the base. After getting settled in the base, Ken checked his monitors to see if the other Digidestined had come into the Digi World. He saw four different color squares, confirming that the others were here.

"Well, those other Digidestined brats have come to stop me. Do you want to have some fun with them?" Ken asked.

"I'm all for it. I know just they way to do it," Davis said. He went outside the base, put two fingers to his mouth and whistled.

It seemed as though no sound came out. That confused Ken.

"I didn't hear anything," Ken said.

"That's the point Ken. The whistle that Davis gave is a special kind of call. Besides Davis, nly Digimon can hear that call. Other humans won't be able to hear a thing," Veemon said.

"Did you hear it Wormmon?" Ken asked.

"Yes master, I heard it loud and clear. But doesn't that mean that the other Digidestined's Digimon will hear it too?" Wormmon responded.

"Ah, that's when the beauty comes in. The only Digimon that will be able to hear that call are the ones that Davis wants to hear it. We made quite a few Digimon friends besides Wormmon. They know of our situation with the other Digidestined and have agreed to help us deal with them whenever the time should come. So Davis made it so that only the Digimon that we're friends with can hear the call," Veemon said.

"How can you do that?" Ken asked.

"That will be a story for another time my friend," Davis responded.

Ken nodded in understanding and watched as several Digimon cam towards the call's source. They got edgy upon seeing Ken. They calmed down after Davis and Veemon told them everything that happened.

"Hi Davis," a Megadramon said. But this Megadramon wasn't the usual dark red color. He was light red in color.

"Hey Dameg," Davis said.

"Dameg? And why are you lighter in color than the other Megadramon?" Wormmon asked.

"Yes Wormmon, my name is Dameg. I have other Megadramon friends. Since we all look alike, it is virtually impossible to distinguish us. So Davis helped us solve that problem. My friends and I are different in color. We also have different names," Dameg responded.

Davis saw the questioned look on Ken and Wormmon's faces. "I'll tell you all about it when I feel the time is right. Don't worry," he said. "Now, let's have fun with the other Digidestined shall we?" he added.

Ken, Wormmon, Veemon and the other Digimon smirked. They were going to have some big fun indeed. The plan they came up with was for the three Ultimate-level Digimon and the two Champions to 'play' with the other Digidestined. The only thing was that this way of playing wouldn't be fun for the other Digidestined at all. Dameg, a Piximon, a Mamemon, an Airdramon and a Sabredramon went looking for the other Digidestined. They smirked because they thought of the fun that they would have.

"I can't wait to have fun with the Digidestined," Dameg said.

"You said it Dameg," the Piximon said. This Piximon was female. She was also a very light pink with lilac eyes and golden wings. She had been giving the name Faerie.

"Those Digidestined deserve what's going to be coming to them after what they did to Davis and Veemon," the Sabredramon said in a deep voice. He was still black like other Sabredramon. But there were very noticeable differences.

The first difference was the red and blue streaks that went all across his body. He also had blue-green eyes. But his legs were a difference that only a blind person couldn't see. His legs and feet were completely black instead of orange like all other bird's feet. He had been named Blackwing.

"This has been a long time coming for them," the Mamemon said. He wasn't light gray in color like the other Mamemon but a very dark gray.

His gray color was so dark that it could've been mistaken for black. His name was Greyma.

"Normally, I don't favor things like this. But this is a totally different situation. I struggled everyday not to come out and take my anger out on those foolish Digidestined," the Airdramon said. She wasn't light blue with red wings like other Aidramon. She was green with orange wings. Her name was Dragana.

Half an hour later, they finally found the other Digidestined.

"Dameg, would you be so kind to start?" Greyma asked.

"The pleasure is really mine Greyma," Dameg responded. He aimed his metallic arms at the pond the Digidestined were resting at.

Yellowish white energy gathered in his arms. A few moments later, he was ready to attack.

"Genocide Attack!" he shouted before firing his attack.

Meanwhile, the other Digidestined were just taking a breather after destroying about 20 control spires. Suddenly, they heard a voice. They turned in the direction of the voice to find a huge ball of energy coming right at them.

"Scatter Everyone!" TK shouted.

Everyone scrambled to get out of the way of the large attack. They barely managed to escape the attack. When the smoke cleared, what used to be the pond was nothing but a deep crater in the ground.

"Where did that come from?" Patamon asked.

"I don't know," TK responded.

"Confuse Storm!" a female voice shouted.

This time, the others saw rainbow-colored waves coming at them. Everyone but Cody and Armadillomon barely got out of this attack's path. Armadillomon and Cody went unconscious after the attack hit them.

"Armadillomon! Cody!" the others shouted.

"That's it! We've got to fight back. Armor Digivolve everyone," Yolie said.

"Hawkmon Armor Digivolve to...Halsemon: The Wings of Love!"

"Patamon Armor Digivolve to...Pegasusmon: Flying Hope!"

"Gatomon Armor Digivolve to...Nefertimon: The Angel of Light!"

Halsemon, Pegasusmon and Nefertimon waited cautiously for their attackers to come out. One more of the 'attackers' decided to attack before the revealing.

"Prominence Beam!" another female voice shouted before a red laser beam shot towards the Digidestined and their Digimon.

Pegasusmon saw the incoming attack first. He flew up into the air as green energy began to form in the green jewel on his forehead. "Aquis Beam!" he shouted.

The attacks met and cancelled each other out. Pegasusmon landed next to TK again. Then the five Digimon came out of hiding.

"Those are Megadramon, Piximon, Mamemon, Airdramon and Sabredramon," Nefertimon said.

"Why is their coloring different though? Megadramon is usually dark red, not light red. Sabredramon don't have streaks like that. It also doesn't have black feet. That Piximon is really light pink and it has golden wings. It's not like the one I know," TK said.

"Yeah and from what we've seen; Airdramon aren't green with orange wings. They're light blue with red wings," Halsemon said.

"I haven't seen a Mamemon that dark gray before," Nefertimon added.

"That's something for us to know, and for you to find out," the Megadramon said. "Now, let's continue our little game shall we?" he asked.

"Game?! You almost killed us and you think it's a game?" Yolie asked angrily.

"Believe us, you would've been dead if we wanted you killed. You wouldn't have been able to hear us or see our attacks coming," the Piximon said.

"What?" Cody asked. He and Armadillomon had finally regained consciousness a few moments ago.

"Faerie is right. A special friend gave us a special ability. We can secretly attack, meaning that not only would you have not been able to hear us, but also our attacks would've been totally invisible to you," the Megadramon said.

"Faerie?" the Digidestined and their Digimon asked.

"Yes Digifools, I am called Faerie. Our special friend not only helped us in being able to tell others apart, he also gave us names. This Megadramon is called Dameg. The Sabredramon is called Blackwing. The Mamemon is Greyma, and the Airdramon is Dragana," Faerie responded.

"Others? You mean that there are others that also look different from normal?" Pegasusmon asked.

"Ding, ding, ding. Give the Digimon a prize," Dameg said sarcastically.

"And who is this special friend of yours?" Yolie asked.

"That is definitely for us to know, and you to find out," Greyma responded.

"Enough talk. Let's continue the game," Dameg said.

"You won't have your game with us. Digi Armor Energize!" Cody said.

"Armadillomon Armor Digivolve to...Digmon: The Drill of Power!"

"Oooooh, four Armor Champions against three Ultimate and two Champions. Do you think that you really stand a chance against all five of us? We're more powerful than you can comprehend," Blackwing said.

"We'll see who's more powerful. Get them Pegasusmon," TK said.

"You've got it TK," Pegasusmon said.

"You too Nefertimon," Kari said.

"Show them what we're made of Halsemon," Yolie said.

"Teach them not to underestimate us Digmon," Cody said.

Digmon, Nefertimon, Pegasusmon and Halsemon all prepared to battle. But neither they nor their Digidestined partners knew what they were getting themselves into. Blackwing was right in saying that he and his friends were more powerful because they were. They were very strong for their levels. Davis took time to train with all of his Digimon friends, giving them the chance to become more powerful than they were.

"Prominence Beam!" Dragana shouted.

"Genocide Attack!" Dameg shouted.

"Confuse Storm!" Faerie shouted.

"Aquis Beam!" Pegasusmon shouted, countering the Prominence Beam.

"Queen Paw!" Nefertimon shouted, countering the Confuse Storm.

"Eagle Eye!" Halsemon shouted, countering the Genocide Attack.

"All right guys!" TK shouted.

"I wouldn't celebrate just yet if I were you. If Faerie, Dameg and Dragana would've used their full power, there was no way your Digimon could've countered their attacks," Greyma said.

"What? You're lying," Cody said.

"Oh, I'm afraid he's not small one. Now your Digimon will feel a sample of our full power," Dameg said.

A ball of dark and electrical energy fromed in front of Dameg. The electricity crackled all through the dark ball. The small dark ball then began to grow until it was three times the initial size. But neither the Digidestined nor their Digimon could see the forming attack. Dameg then fired off the attack at Pegasusmon. Pegasusmon screamewd in pain from the unseen attack and fell from the sky. He then reverted to Patamon.

"Patamon!" TK shouted, rushing to his fallen Digimon's side.

"What was that?" Kari asked.

"That was my Megalo Spark attack. Now you know what I mean by you nor your Digimon being able to see the attack coming," Dameg said.

Then Dragana roared. A medium-size dome of fire secretly formed around Digmon. He screamed in pain from the heat and energy from the secret attack. He fell unconscious before reverting to Armadillomon.

"Armadillomon!" Cody shouted before rushing to Armadillomon' side.

Halsemon and Nefertimon felt some kind of electrical attack slam into them. The poweful jolt of electricity considerably weakened them, and they also fell from the sky. They reverted back right away.

"Hawkmon!" Yolie shouted.

"Gatomon!" Kari shouted.

"I see that your Digimon didn't like my Wind Cutter attack!" Blackwing said.

"The drill bug didn't seem to like my Heat Laser either," Dragana said.

"I hope that now you realize how pointless it is for you to defeat us. What your Digimon didn't see did hurt them. You're lucky that we didn't use our full power. Your Digimon would've been deleted if we did. But our friend doesn't like to see or hear about a Digimon being deleted. He wouldn't do it unless he felt the need for it. So you should not only feel lucky, but also thankful," Faerie said before she and the others left.

"Who is this friend that they keep talking about?" Cody asked.

"I don't know Cody. I'll give him/her a large piece of my mind when we find out though," Yolie responded.

"We all will," Kari said.

They didn't know that the friend that the strange-colored Digimon talked about watched them the entire time. He, Ken and Veemon smirked with glee. The Digidestined's Digimon didn't stand a chance at all. But this was only the tip of the iceberg. The other Digidestined would be in for a very big surprise when they found out who the special friend was.



Well, here's the end of Chapter 2. Preview for Chapter 3: Davis Reveals His Secret: Six months have passed since Davis and Veemon quit. The time will come for all to finally be revealed about Davis and Veemon. And one of the Digidestined realizes how much she betrayed Davis's trust (I know that you already know who I mean). Stay tuned for this next chapter.

Oh, I want to clarify something in this chapter for you. Davis and Ken still went to different schools in this chapter. It's just that Ken gets out earlier. To give you a little heads up though, starting next chapter, Davis will be a student at Ken's school. It will be mentioned, but not until about chapter 5. I hope that this explanation cleared up any confusion that you might have had.

Oh, one more thing. For those of you who are still wondering about the unfamiliar Digimon, some were seen in the show already, but some were not. For the ones not seen in the show, they are in the first Digimon World game for Playstation One. I decided to make them look different and give them names because it is otherwise very confusing to tell which Digimon is which. You'll know the advantage of having the Digimon look different and having their own names as the story progresses. If you haven't played the first Digimon World game, then you will be confused for the rest of the story.