Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Enemy's Friendship ❯ Davis Reveals His Secret ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Davis and Veemon had had enough of the other Digidestined disrespecting them. Davis literally broke the news to the other Digidestined that he quitted by smashing the goggles given to him. Then he, Ken and Veemon went to the Digital World through Davis's computer. It was then that Ken and Wormmon met several of Davis's unique Digimon friends. Unique because their coloring was quite different from what they would normally look like. But the other Digidestined didn't have the same peaceful meeting with them as Ken and Wormmon did. The Digidestined's Digimon were greatly outclassed by these unique Digimon.
/ is Davis mental talk
// is Veemon mental talk
' is thoughts






Chapter 3: Davis Reveals His Secret

Time is the most unpredictable thing of all. It can move slowly or shoot by like a bullet fired from a gun. It has been six months since Davis and Veemon quit the Digidestined and partnered up with Ken. Partnering up with Ken proved to be the best decision that Davis made because Ken turned out to be a true friend, even though Ken was the Digimon Emperor.

It was through his partnership with Ken that Davis realized how wrong he was about Ken being the enemy. It's very ironic really. Davis now perceives the other Digidestined as his enemies. He knew that the time was coming for him to reveal what he's been keeping secret from the other Digidestined and Ken. He and Veemon
were currently in Ken's base.

/Can you feel it Veemon?/

//Yes I can Davis. The time has almost come for us to reveal our secret to those Digifools and Ken//

/I can't wait to see the shocked expressions on those Digidestined's faces when they see what we can really do/ He mentally smirked.

Veemon also smirked mentally. //Yeah Davis, I can't wait either. They'll really realize how valuable of members they pushed away//

/As self-absorbed as they are, it will probably take quite a bit of time Veemon/

//I see your point in that//

Ken walked in and noticed the spaced out looks on Davis and Veemon's faces. "Is something wrong?" he asked.

Davis and Veemon ended their mental conversation.

"There's nothing wrong Ken. It's just that Veemon and I can talk to each other mentally," Davis responded.

"How?" Ken asked.

"All will be revealed soon Ken. Just be patient with us a little longer. The time is almost heare when you will know about Veemon's and my greatest secret," Davis responded.

Then Dameg had landed outside the base. Davis and Veemon walked outside and smiled at their friend.

"Hello to you," Dameg said.

"Hello to you too," Davis and Veemon said.

"What brings you here?" Veemon asked.

"I wanted to take you flying," Dameg responded.

"Count me in," Davis said.

"Me too," Veemon added.

Davis and Veemon got on Dameg's snake-like back. Dameg then flew off. He was soon high in the air. This was something that Davis and Veemon loved. Dameg, Dragana or any other flying Digimon that was big enough for Davis and Veemon to ride took Davis and Veemon flying a lot. Before Davis and Veemon quit, their flying Digimon friends helped them to feel better by taking them flying.

"I'm glad that you finally decided to quit Davis," Dameg said.

"I'm glad too. I still don't understand why I didn't do it long before I finally did it," Davis said.

Dragana, Faerie, Blackwing and two other flying Digimon soon joined Dameg, Davis and Veemon. One of the two other flying Digimon was a Kabuterimon. But this Kabuterimon was different from the one that Tentomon Digivolves into. The major and only difference about this Kabuterimon is that he was purple instead of dark blue. He is called Purwing.

The other Digimon was a Lady Devimon. But this Lady Devimon was much kinder and a lot more beautiful than the one that the older Digidestined had to face. Her coloring was also very different from other Lady Devimon. She was brown and white with big and wide child-like sapphire-blue eyes. She is called Angelda because of her much gentler personality compared to some of the other Lady Devimon.

"Glad that you could join us," Davis said.

"We saw Dameg flying overhead so we came to see what was up," Angelda said, her voice was very warm and kind unlike other Lady Devimon, whose voices are cold and harsh.

"Besides, we can all use a good flight around the Digital World anyway," Purwing added.

Davis, Veemon and Dameg nodded, and the eight friends continued on. They enjoyed a very peaceful flight for the most part. But peace isn't a thing that lasts forever. Davis and his Digimon friends had sensed that the other Digidestined were nearby.

Not wanting to be seen, Davis and Veemon helped their Digimon friends become invisible before turning themselves invisible. They continued the flight invisibly for a while. When out of the Digidestined's sight, Davis and Veemon removed the invisibility cloaks.

"Thanks Davis, Veemon. That really comes in handy," Faerie said.

"You're welcome. Yes it does really come in handy," Davis said.

A few hours later, they landed near a long river to take a rest. They took turns drinking the river's fresh water.

Then Angelda and Purwing flew up and brought down some fruit from the nearby fruit trees. Everyone ate his or her fill of the fruit before just sitting down to rest. This was their favorite spot in the Digital World to rest.

"Now that we're partners with Ken, I think that there really shouldn't be a need for those control spires. I don't think that they dark rings or dark spirals are necessary either," Blackwing said.

"That's a very good point Blackwing. I'll tell him about that when I return to the base," Davis said.

There were Digimon in the Digital World who didn't need to be under the control of a dark ring or dark spiral. Those Digimon were just plain evil to begin with. But most of the Digimon became friends and partners with Davis and Veemon. If Davis was working with someone, his many Digimon friends would work with that person too whenever the need came.

The other Digidestined were a completely different matter. The Digimon had no intention of helping them out. It wasn't that Davis minded, because he wouldn't have told his Digimon friends to help the other Digidestined out anyway. But the Digidestined would soon find out about Davis's friendship with the Digimon that attacked them.

Speaking of the other Digidestined, they had all gathered to discuss some things. All of the older Digidestined were present. The issue at hand was a big one. After the humiliating defeats the younger Digidestined had against those five strangely colored Digimon, a good plan was in order.

"I can't believe how powerful those Digimon are," Yolie said.

"Yeah, the combined power of our Digimon should've been able to take out all of them with no trouble," Cody agreed.

"According to what you guys told us, all you know is that those Digimon's increased power has something to do with a special friend of theirs," Matt said.

"But who can this special friend be?" Sora asked.

"It can't be the Digimon Emperor," TK responded immediately.

"There's no way it could be him," Tai agreed.

"So who could it be?" Kari asked.

"I don't know. The friend could be either human or another Digimon," Mimi responded.

"The only way that those Digimon would be colored differently is through someone who has the power to do it. I don't know of a Digimon who can change the color of another Digimon," Izzy said.

"Izzy's right everyone. The friend must be a human," Joe said.

"That means that there are millions of possibilities," Patamon said.

"And we don't know where to start," Hawkmon added.

Meanwhile, Davis and friends had made it back to Ken's base. Dameg and the other flying Digimon bid their goodbyes before flying off. Davis and Veemon went back into Ken's base.

"Did you have fun?" Wormmon asked.

"Yes we did," Veemon responded.

"I want to talk to you about something Ken," Davis said seriously.

Ken nodded and led Davis to an area where they could talk privately. "What do you want to talk about?" he asked.

"My friend Blackwing brought up a point that I think you should hear out. With most of the Digimon being my and Veemon's best friends, Blackwing felt that there really is no need for the spires, dark rings and dark spirals. I really agree with him," Davis responded.

"I agree as well. I have a termination program that will destroy the control spires, dark rings and dark spirals like deleting Digimon," Ken said.

"And my Digimon friends are more powerful than they would normally be so we have very powerful allies working with us," Davis added.

Ken nodded and went to the control room. Then he activated his termination program. Every dark ring, dark spiral and control spire in the Digital World burst in data before completely disappearing. Meanwhile, Izzy had been checking on the status of the Digital World. He was amazed to see that there were no black squares on his laptop whatsoever.

"Guys, you have to see this!" Izzy shouted.

The others crowded around the computer and gasped at what they saw.

"There aren't any more control spires," Kari said in awe.

"How can that be?" Gatomon asked.

"I don't know. But we should be thankful to whoever was responsible for this incredible feat," Tai responded.

Then an explosion got everyone's attention. They turned around to see the five familiar Digimon. "What do you want?" they asked.

"We saw you desperately trying to figure out who our friend could be," Greyma said.

"What's it to you?" Yolie retorted.

"I would watch my tongue if I were you. Your Digimon may outnumber my friends and me, but we still have a huge power advantage over you," Faerie said.

"There are more of us this time. Let's get them guys," Tai said.

"Right!" everyone shouted.

"Agumon Digivolve to...Greymon!"

"Gabumon Digivolve to...Garurumon!"

"Biyomon Digivolve to...Birdramon!"

"Tentomon Digivolve to...Kabuterimon!"

"Palmon Digivolve to...Togemon!"

"Gomamon Digivolve to...Ikkakumon!"

"Patamon Digivolve to...Angemon!"

"Digi Armor Energize!" Kari, Yolie and Cody shouted.

"Gatomon Armor Digivolve to...Nefertimon: The Angel of Light!"

"Hawkmon Armor Digivolve to...Halsemon: The Wings of Love!"

"Armadillomon Armor Digivolve to...Digmon: The Drill of Power!"

"Let's see how you can handle the ten of us," Greymon said.

"The real question is if you can handle the five of us," Dragana said.

"Attack together!" Tai said.

"Nova Blast!"

"Howling Blaster!"

"Meteor Wing!"

"Electro Shocker!"

"Needle Spray!"

"Harpoon Torpedo!"

"Hand of Fate!"

"Queen Paw!"

"Eagle Eye!"

"Gold Rush!"

All ten attacks came rocketing right at the five Digimon. But their faces were confusingly calm.

"Why are they so calm?" Sora asked.

Dragana pointed her body in a completely vertical position. Then a whirlwind surrounded her. She then started spinning inside the whirlwind.

"Spinning Needle!" she shouted before unleashing the attack.

Needle-like air currents flowed from out of the whirlwind. The ten oncoming attacks were easily cancelled out. The other Digidestined were shocked. Normally, that wouldn't be possible.

"How was that able to cancel out ten attacks? That isn't possible," Izzy said.

"Oh, but it is possible. We're more powerful than you can ever comprehend," Dragana said.

Greyma then pounded his fist into the ground. To the Digidestined and their Digimon, nothing happened.

"Are you trying to be funny on us?" Tai asked.

That question was answered when Digmon, Greymon and Ikkakumon groaned in pain from the feeling of boulders hitting them.

"A reason why you should not underestimate us. You thought that I was just pounding my fist into the ground. It was actually one of my most powerful attacks except you couldn't see it. Whoever said what you can't see can't hurt you is seriously mistaken," Greyma responded.

"Let's see how confident you are after you feel this. Rosetta Stone!" Nefertimon said.

The stone tablets streaked for Greyma.

"Meltdown!" a voice shouted from behind.

A large dome of boiling lava formed in front of Greyma. The fiery dome melted the stone tablets into nothing. Then the lava dome when straight up into Nefertimon and Pegasusmon. They were knocked out of the sky. Then they reverted to Gatomon and Patamon.

"Thanks Blackwing," Greyma said.

"No problem. Just don't let your guard down again," Blackwing said.

"I think that that's enough for now!" a familiar voice shouted.

The Digidestined and their Digimon looked ahead to see the one person that they haven't seen in six months.

"Davis!" they all shouted.

"Yeah, it's me. I see that you're having trouble with these Digimon," he said.

"We had everything under control," TK said.

"Just like you have everything under control when that Hyogamon attacked you. Your Digimon came close to being deleted," Davis said.

"We don't need your help," Yolie said.

"You could've fooled me. My friends have been doing a number on you," Davis said.

Davis's last statement came as a complete shock to the all the Digidestined. These strange Digimon were his friends.

"These crazed Digimon are your friends?" Matt asked.

"They aren't crazed Digimon Matt. It's ironic really. I've become very good friends with mostly Digimon," Davis said. "Oh, and why these Digimon keep coming for you, I arranged that."

The others were downright shocked upon hearing that.

"It was you who sought these Digimon on us?" Yolie asked angrily.

"Yes Yolie. After all the suffering you have caused me, we felt the need to see you suffer," Davis said.

"Why you little!" Yolie shouted before running at Davis, ready to beat him senseless.

Davis just remained calm. A few moments later, Davis stuck out his arm, palm-facing Yolie. Yolie stopped in her tracks. She tried to move but couldn't.

"I think that you need to cool off for a while," Davis said. "Anyone else want to try me?" he added.

Everyone except the girls tried to subdue Davis. Davis simply zipped past all of them. They looked in shock. Then a blur stopped in front of them to reveal Davis completely unharmed.

"What's the matter? Am I too fast for you?" Davis asked.

"No way," Tai said.

"No human alive is that fast," Matt argued.

"No human except me," Davis said smirking. "Now I have a friend that you shunned just as much as me. Hey Veemon, come on out."

Everyone looked to see a familiar little blue dragon come out from the shadows. Veemon smirked upon seeing the shocked looks on their faces.

"I see that Davis has shown you some of what he can do," Veemon said.

"What is Davis?" Kari asked.

"Davis is a mage. He taught me some of his abilities. He's also the one behind the unique coloring of our Digimon friends," Veemon said.

"I knew that I didn't like you! You and your Digimon are a couple of freaks!" Yolie shouted.

Davis narrowed his eyes, and Yolie was flung into a nearby lake. "Watch your mouth. The power is not in your favor anymore," he said before smirking. "You want to know something else? I thought that the Digimon Emperor was my enemy for a time. But he showed me just how wrong I was." Then he had a serious look again. "He's not my enemy; you guys are," he said stonily.

"You partnered with the Digimon Emperor?" Gatomon asked in shock.

"You traitor!" Tai and Matt yelled.

"Actually, I'm not a traitor. Apparently, the others didn't tell you that I quit the team a long time ago. I am no longer a part of you," Davis said. Then he and Veemon disappeared.

The strangely colored Digimon had also retreated. The Digidestined and Digimon were standing where they were. They were angry about how Davis could do something like work for the Digimon Emperor. Yolie felt in control of her body and got out of the lake.

"How could he do something like this?" Mimi asked.

"I don't know. But we have to find some way to stop him," Tai responded.

"How can we though? He held Yolie back without breaking a sweat. Veemon said that Davis is a mage. I read that mages are people who are powerful in magic," Izzy said.

"We just have to find a way," Cody said.

But one of the Digidestined didn't take part in the conversation. She already knew why Davis tok the job of working with the Digimon Emperor. 'It's our fault. This whole fiasco is our fault,' she thought.

Gatomon looked over towards ther partner and saw the depressed look. "What's wrong Kari?" she asked.

"This is our fault," Kari responded sadly.

"How can this be our fault?" TK asked shocked and angrily.

"We were the ones to push Davis away. Now he's turned against us. I really don't blame him. I would've done the same thing if I were in his situation," Kari responded.

"Don't say that Kari. We don't need a freak like Davis around," Yolie said.

"That's right!" Patamon said.

Kari knew better though. She had felt Davis's loneliness and depression. She just didn't take any steps to do anything about it. Now she realized that she should've. The guilt was eating her alive at this point. She ran from the others with Gatomon following close behind.

"Why are you running Kari?" Gatomon asked.

"I can't take this anymore Gatomon. I should've done something. I felt how alone and depressed Davis was. But my other judgment of him got in the way of my want to help him. Now he's our enemy. I can't believe I was so blind," Kari said, breaking into tears.

Not too far away, Davis and Veemon were following Kari and Gatomon. Even though Davis and Veemon were mad at the others, they still held a soft spot for Kari and Gatomon. After all, Davis still loved Kari, and Veemon still loved Gatomon. Kari didn't know that she was running right for a cliff. She didn't see it until it was too late. She ran over the edge and began to fall.

"Kari!" Gatomon cried in horror.

Kari looked up helplessly as she fell faster towards the ground below. All she could think of is how she betrayed Davis. 'I'm truly sorry Davis for betraying your trust. I just wish that I could've made it up to you,' she helplessly thought. She suddenly stopped falling. 'What's going on?' She felt herself floating.

Gatomon was shocked when she saw Kari coming up. Soon Kari was over the cliff and on solid ground. Gatomon jumped at Kari, hugging her fiercely.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Gatomon said.

"How did I float back up though? I should've fallen to my death," Kari said.

"I believe I can answer that," a familiar voice said.

Kari and Gatomon turned around and saw Davis and Veemon standing there.

"I used my telepathy to save you Kari. When Yolie was flung into the lake earlier, that was also due to my telepathy," Davsis said.

"Why Davis? Why did you save me after all I've done to you?" Kari asked.

"Even though I'm still upset with the Digidestined, I still retain my feelings for you," Davis responded. "I still love you Kari."

Kari was in shock. 'He loves me? After all I've done to him, he still loves me?' she thought.

"And I still love you Gatomon," Veemon added.

Gatomon just stood in shock. She couldn't believe what she just heard. 'Veemon loves me even after I pushed him away and trash talked his partner?' she thought.

"We'll take our leave now," Davis said, as he and Veemon were about to disappear.

"Wait," Kari and Gatomon said.

"You really should be heading back to the others. They're very worried about you," Davis said.

"How will we be able to see you again?" Kari asked.

Davis created a gold a silver bracelet. He then slipped it around Kari's wrist. "This bracelet I just put on your wrist is a magical bracelet. Whenever you want to come see me, just think about me. The magic of the bracelet will bring you to my location; wherever I am," he responded.

Veemon did the same for Gatomon. Then he and Davis disappeared. A few minutes later, the others had finally found Kari and Gatomon. They were beyond relief upon seeing that Kari was safe.

"Oh Kari, please don't do that again. I was worried sick about you," Tai said.

The the others headed for the Digiport they came out of and returned to the Real World. None of them noticed the beautiful bracelets around Kari and Gatomon's wrists. Meanwhile, Ken had seen Davis's confrontation with the Digidestined from his base. Ken was nothing short of amazed to hear that Davis was a powerful mage.

'So, this is the secret that Davis said he would reveal. But I won't use him just because of his power. He is too valuable of a partner to me, and I don't want to lose his partnership,' Ken thought. 'It seems as though the Child of Light finally understands the situation while the others refuse to see the truth.'

Davis was with his Digimon friends. He told them about what happened between him and Kari. He requested that she and Gatomon be left out of all future 'playtimes' with the Digidestined. The Digimon smiled and nodded in understanding. They knew that Davis still held a soft spot for the young girl, and that Veemon still held a place for Gatomon.

"Thanks guys. This means a lot to us," Davis and Veemon said.

"No problem. You're our best friends," Angelda said.

Things were looking only a tiny bit better. Kari and Gatomon had finally realized how much they wronged Davis and Veemon. Now they would work to correct the wrongs they've done. But the real challenge has already presented itself, and that was for the other Digidestined to realized how much they were wrong to Davis and Veemon as well.



Well, another chapter is finished. Kari finally realized her follies. Things will only continue to look up for her and Davis now. Preview for Chapter 4: First Kiss and the Date: It's official everyone. Davis and Kari and Veemon and Gatomon are now boyfriend/girlfriend. But there are some surprises in store for Kari and Gatomon. What are they? You'll just have to stay tuned to find out.

As I mentioned at the end of Chapter 2, you'll continue to be confused about the new Digimon if you haven't played the first Digimon World game. All though there are Digimon that are both in the game and in the show, there are some that are only seen in the show, and some that are only seen in the game.