Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Enemy's Friendship ❯ Operation Rescue ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: There couldn't have been worse news for the Digital World.  The Dark Masters, VenomMyotismon and Apocalymon were somehow reborn.  Piedmon had somehow escaped from the Gate of Destiny.  The Digidestined are still divided.  After an intense battle between Davis's friends and the Digidestined, Cody was kidnapped.  In desperation, Armadillomon told Davis and friends the situation.  Davis, Jun, Dameg and Bluice went to save Cody when their good friend Rainba joined the rescue party.
/ is Davis mental talk
// is mental talk for all of Veemon's Digivolutions
\ is Kari mental talk
* is mental talk for all of Angel's Digivolutions
' is thoughts






     &n bsp;                            Chapter 7: Operation Rescue

Dameg and Rainba continued their trek towards Spiral Mountain.  All they had on their minds was to rescue their young friend from those sinister Digimon.  Davis and Veemon didn't even think of teleporting.  They only hoped that they wouldn't be too late.  There was no telling what Cody might have been going through right now.

Speaking of Cody, he wasn't faring up that well.  The first thing that he felt was Piedmon's Trump Swords slashing across his body.  Then, Apocalymon used Crimson Lightning.  He had gotten back all the attacks he performed against the older Digidestined when he was reborn.  Even though the pain was intense, Cody didn't scream.

"Well, it looks like you picked a good one Machinedramon.  This boy is a tough one," MetalSeadramon said.

"Even though I have to say that I do admire him for that, it will be fun to hear when he does scream," Piedmon said smirking.

Then MetalSeadramon fired his River of Power a few yards in front of Cody.  The explosion sent him flying into a holding cell.  Then Puppetmon closed and locked the door.  But the Dark Masters' "fun" with Cody was only beginning.

Meanwhile in the Real World, the other Digidestined had just now realized that Armadillomon was not with them.  Yolie, TK, Matt and their Digimon had returned to the Digital World to find him.  They only hoped that they wouldn't run into Davis's Digimon friends.

"Where can Armadillomon be?" Gabumon asked.

"I don't know.  I only hope that he wasn't captured either," Yolie responded.

Meanwhile, Dragana and Angelda trained with Kari and Angel.  Angel had Digivolved and was facing off with Angelda.  Dragana had come by and learned all that had happened.  She then started training with Kari.  Since Dragana had the aerial advantage, Kari decided to work on her evasiveness.  Dragana started off by going out of Kari's sight.  Kari closed her eyes and cleared her mind of all other thoughts.  This part of the training would take alert senses to pass.  To prove this, Dragana silently sent a Prominence Beam in Kari's direction.

Kari's eyes snapped open and she quickly and gracefully stepped to the right.  The attack missed her.  But she still kept her senses open.  For this training exercise was not over.  She amazed herself on the next evasion.  She had easily pulled off a back flip.  In doing this, she avoided at Wind Cutter attack that secretly came at her.

"Well done Kari," Whitefire said.  "But things will get a little more difficult.  See if you can avoid my attacks as well as Dragana's.  We'll go easy on you for now so don't worry.  Over time, you'll be able to dodge attacks no matter which direction they come from," he added.

Kari nodded and prepared herself.  But things would have to be cut short because she felt the other Digidestined coming.

"Yolie, TK, Matt and their Digimon are coming," Kari said.

"What are we to do?  I can't let TK, Matt, Patamon and Gabumon see me in this form," Angel said worriedly.

"I'll take care of everything," Angelda said.  "Mystical Illusion!" she added.

Yolie, TK, Matt and their Digimon soon came to where Kari and the other Digimon were.  They seemed to see nothing but the forest around them, which greatly relieved Kari and Angel.  Not wanting to take any chances, Angelda kept the illusion going.

"That was close," Kari said.

"Yes, too close.  My Mystical Illusion renders all who I use it on invisible and undetectable," Angelda said.  "It will be up to you to tell me when they leave Kari.  I'll take off the illusion when they do leave."

Kari nodded before she resumed her evasive training with Dragana and Whitefire.  Angelda and Angel also remained their training.  Angelda decided to help Angel in two areas; they were doing the first area now, which was a test of speed.  Although Angel had four pairs of wings to Angelda's one pair, Angelda was faster than Angel was.  Angelda could see Angel's confusion.

"Just because you have four pairs of wings don't mean that you'll have the speed advantage Angel.  You have to set yourself at a certain pace each day to help you become faster.  I would usually fly at a certain speed for a while.  When I was comfortable with that speed, then I would increase it.  It really helpls Angel, believe me," Angelda said.

"Thanks Angelda.  I'll remember that," Angel said smiling.

Meanwhile Armadillomon was training with another Rookie-level Digimon.  This Digimon looked a lot like Gabumon, except that he was white with gold stripes instead of white with dark blue stripes.  He had a white stomach, and his eyes and horn were golden.  This Digimon's name was Wolfy.  Like Bluice, it wasn't wise to underestimate Wolfy because he could go to his Mega form just like she could.  Even as a Rookie-level Digimon, Wolfy was much stronger than Armadillomon was.  He and Armadillomon were having a battle and it was pretty even because Wolfy held back a lot of his strength and power.

"Diamond Shell!" Armadillomon shouted before going into a ball and spinning towards Wolfy.

Wolfy quickly dodged.  "Blue Blaster!" Wolfy he shouted; his voice is an octave deeper than Matt's Gabumon's Voice is.

The blue streak of energy slammed into Armadillomon while he was still doing his Diamond Shell.  Armadillomon found himself face down on the ground.  He quickly got up though.

"How could you get an attack in that fast?" Armadillomon asked.

"Through all the training I did, I greatly improved on my speed.  You were in your Diamond Shell a little too long.  That's how you were defenseless against my attack.  You'll need to learn how to stop your attack so you can defend yourself better in case someone else does what I did.  The other Digimon and I will help you with that," Wolfy said.

Armadillomon smiled and nodded.  He knew that he would be just as good as Davis's friends in due time.  But then his smile faded.  He couldn't stop worrying about Cody.  'Oh Cody, I hope that you're okay,' he thought.

"What's wrong?" Wolfy asked upon seeing Armadillomon's depressed look.

"It's just that I can't stop worrying about Cody," Armadillomon responded.

"Don't worry so much Armadillomon.  I know that Davis and the others will get to him in time," Wolfy said.

Meanwhile, the Dark Masters decided to "play" with their prisoner some more.  Piedmon unlocked the cell and yanked Cody from out of it.  He then threw to the other side of the room.  Cody was smacked against the wall.  He slowly and very painfully got up.  Even though the smack against the wall was very painful, Cody still didn't scream.

"You are a tough one.  That smack against the wall would have left any human screaming murder.  But we'll make you scream eventually," MetalSeadramon said.  "River of Power!"  he shouted.

The stream of aqua blue energy rocketed towards Cody.  Cody couldn't completely move out of the way.  The powerful attack ended up clipping his right leg.  This time, Cody did scream in pain.  The Dark Masters only smirked.  Hearing Cody scream only brought them pleasure.  They would make him scream until he breathed his last.

"Trump Swords!"  Piedmon shouted.

"Crimson Lightning!" Apocalymon shouted.

The Trump Swords slashed Cody in multiple places, and the red energy whip sent him flying into the cage again.  Piedmon locked the cage again.  By now, Cody was badly bleeding from multiple slashes to his body.  He didn't know how much longer he would be able to take their torture.  He only hoped that help would arrive soon.  Help was closer than he thought.

Davis, Jun and their friends had made it to Spiral Mountain.  But a rather unfriendly welcome awaited them.  Machinedramon and other metallic Digimon were outside when one of the Digimon looked up and spotted Davis and friends.  Machinedramon smirked upon seeing the group.  Dameg and Rainba landed, and Davis, Veemon, Bluice and Jun dismounted them.

"Well, it looks like the rescue part has arrived.  But you will soon be too late to save your little friend," Machinedramon said.

"You're seriously mistaken about us not rescuing our friend you metal head Digimon," Davis said defiantly.

Machinedramon was furious at that smart-mouthed remark.  "You'll pay for that insulting comment.  Attack!" he said.

A regular-colored Megadramon was the first to attack.  The yellowish white energy gathered in front of him and he fired off his Genocide Attack.  Dameg countered with this own Genocide Attack.  But Dameg's Genocide Attack not only cancelled out the other attack, it also slammed into the Megadramon.  Megadramon roared in pain.

"You'll have to do much better than that if you're going to beat us," Dameg said.

"Oh, I intend to," Machinedramon said.  He released what looked like a small missile into the air.

But this missile-like object wouldn't explode at all.  It opened up in about five different spots.  Energy then began to gather.  Soon, the attack was ready to fire.

"All in Range Beam!" Machinedramon shouted.

Laser energy shaped like a wall came firing out of the five opened up areas of the missile-like object.  The energy out in five different directions.  Jun was battling against a Metal Mamemon.  She was so focused on the Metal Mamemon that she didn't see or sense a wall of laser energy coming right at her.

"Look out Jun!" Davis shouted.

Jun quickly turned around and saw the laser energy coming at her.

"Heat Laser!" Rainba shouted.

The dome of fire cancelled out the laser wall.  Jun breathed a sigh of relief.  Davis, Veemon, and their friends breathed a sigh of relief as well.  That was too close any way you slice it.

"Thanks Rainba," Jun said.

"No problem," Rainba said.

"Jun, can you, Rainba and Dameg hold off these Digimon?  Veemon, Bluice and I will rescue Cody," Davis said.

Of course Davis," Jun said.  "And I have just the way for you to get past these Digimon."  She closed her eyes and concentrated her power through the dirt on the ground.

Seconds later, a sandstorm brewed.  It was so thick that a normal person or Digimon wouldn't be able to see anything in front of him/her.  But Davis and his Digimon friends were far from normal.  Davis had been blessed with very acute vision.  His vision was greater than that of all people and animals on the earth combined.  He passed that gift onto his friends.  Davis, Veemon and Bluice easily made their way through the sandstorm.

'Good luck Davis,' Dameg thought.

Half an hour later, the sandstorm died down.  Machinedramon and his minions could see again.  They only saw Jun, Dameg and Raiba.

"Where are your friends?" Machinedramon asked.

"They're probably almost to where Cody is being held," Jun responded.  "The sandstorm I created was merely to help them get past you."

"I think that it was a mistake to split off.  Now I can finish you three off myself," Machinedramon said.

"Don't underestimate us.  We may be three, but we are still as stronger than you think," Rainba said, getting ready to battle again.

Meanwhile, Davis, Veemon and Bluice were closing in on where Cody was being kept.  Davis and Veemon felt just how weak Cody was.  They were determined to make it to their young friend in time.

"We're getting close Davis," Veemon said.

"I can feel it Veemon.  You and Bluice should Digivolve," Davis said.

"Should I go Ultimate or Mega?" Bluice asked.

"Digivolve to your Ultimate form for now.  Even as an Ultimate, you're as strong as a moderately powerful Mega Digimon just like Dameg is.  It's time for you to go Ultimate too Veemon," Davis said.

"I don't know if I can go Ultimate Davis.  I've only been able to go Champion so far," Veemon said.

"I know you can do it Veemon.  I believe in you.  Give it a try," Davis said smiling.

Veemon smiled as well.  "All right Davis," he said.  He then began to glow.  "Veemon Digivolve to...ExVeemon!"

But the glowing didn't stop there.  ExVeemon was tapping into the power that he had kept a secret from the other Digidestined.  He suddenly understood why he wasn't able to go Ultimate yet.  He had kept the power needed to go Ultimate at bay.  Now that he had tapped into it, there was nothing holding him back from reaching Ultimate status.

"ExVeemon Digivolve to..." ExVeemon said as his body began to change.

His body became leaner, and he shrunk about one foot.  Two pairs of red wings replaced his one pair of white wings.  He then became all black.  With the exception of his mouth, his face was now completely covered.  The glow then died down.

"Cyberdramon!" the new Digimon announced in a deep, beastlike voice.

Davis and Bluice looked in awe at the new Digimon.

"I am Cyberdramon, Veemon's Ultimate form.  Even though I'm an Ultimate, my fighting skills are said to match that of a Mega Digimon.  Don't get on my bad side or else you'll feel the pain of my Desolation Claw and Cyber Nail attacks," Cyberdramon said.

"I have to say Cyberdramon.  You look awesome," Davis said.

"I totally agree there," Bluice added.

"Thank you my friends," Cyberdramon said.

"Okay Bluice.  It's your turn now," Davis said.

"You got it Davis," Bluice said before she started to glow.  "SnoAgumon Digivolve to...Ice Greyamon!  Ice Greyamon Digivolve to..."

Bluice's body then grew even larger.  Titanium-reinforced gold formed on her chest, and took the place of her right arm.  The bone mask on her head became titanium-reinforced gold as well.  The blue streaks across her body disappeared.  The blue stripes still on her body became an icy blue.  To finish it off, icy blue-colored wings burst from her back.  But unlike MetalGreymon's wings, Bluice's wings were bat like.  Then the glow died down.

"Arctic MetalGreyamon!" the new Digimon announced.

"Now let's go and rescue Cody," Davis said.

The Ultimate-level Digimon nodded, and the three friends continued towards the Dark Master's base.  Soon, they found a large door.  Davis and Cyberdramon could sense Cody's presence behind the door.

"So what now?" Bluice asked quietly.

"We might as well let them know that we're here," Davis responded.  "Will you do they honors Cyberdramon?" he added.

"My pleasure," Cyberdramon said as his left hand glowed silver.  "Desolation Claw!" he shouted before firing off the claw-shaped silver beam of energy.

The attack completely obliterated the door.  That was more than enough to get the Dark Masters' attention.  They turned to see Davis and two Digimon that they had never seen before standing in the doorway.  Cody managed to look up.  He was very relieved to see that Davis had arrived.  But he was also confused abnout the two Digimon that were behind Davis.

"Who are those two Digimon?" Piedmon asked.

"Allow me to introduce Cyberdramon.  He's Veemon's Ultimate form.  And the Digimon next to him is Bluice in her Ultimate form Arctic MetalGreyamon," Davis responded.

"You must be dumber than you look to have only Ultimate-level Digimon.  We're Mega Digimon," MetalSeadramon said.

"It's true that we are Ultimate Digimon.  But don't underestimate us.  We're stronger thatn you think," Cyberdramon said.

/Let's make this quick partner/

//You've got it//

Apocalymon had gotten in front of the cage where Cody was being held while the other Dark Masters' present prepared to battle Davis, Cyberdramon and Bluice.  Meanwhile, Kari and Angel were taking a breather.  The other Digidestined had left an hour ago so Angelda had removed her Mystical Illusion.  Kari and Angel had trained hard for another hour and a half.  During that hour and a half, Angel had become about twice as fast as she originally was.

"You're doing pretty good Angel," Angelda said.

"I'm doing the best I can.  I hope to be as fast as you over time," Angel said.

"Don't worry about that my friend.  You will be as fast as or maybe even faster than me over time," Angelda said smiling.

"You did a really nice job today Kari," Dragana said.

"Do you really think so?" Kari asked.

"I know so Kari.  Whitefire and I caught you off guard a few times, but you quickly learned from your mistakes," Dragana responded.

Meanwhile, Armadillomon and Wormmon were going at it.

"Diamond Shell!"  Armadillomon shouted as he charged for Wormmon.

Wormmon just barely evaded the attack.  "Sticky Net!" he countered. 

Armadillomon got caught up in the net, but he soon broke out.  From his intense battle with Wolfy, Armadillomon had gotten stronger.  Armadillomon suddenly turned around and headed right back at Wormmon.  The attack connected with Wormmon this time.  Wormmon got knocked back about ten feet.  Then Armadillomon stopped his Diamond Shell attack.

"That was a good move Armadillomon," Wormmon said before slowly getting up.

"Thank you," Armadillomon said.  'I just wish that I was strong enough to help rescue Cody.  I'll train hard so I can become strong enough to fight against the Dark Masters,' he thought determinedly.  He didn't notice himself glowing.

The others saw Armadillomon glowing and gasped in awe.  Armadillomon was getting ready to Digivolve.  Armadillomon felt about twice as strong as he originally was.  He looked and saw himself glowing.  He then smiled.

"Armadillomon Digivolve to..." he said.  He began to grow.

His body became bulky and muscular.  The shell on his back had become purple in color, as well as rough and bumpy.  His tail had what looked like a purple metal ball with spikes at the tip.  Soon, the glow died down.

"Ankylomon!" the new Digimon announced.

The others just looked at the new Champion Digimon in awe.  The new Champion looked like one of the dinosaurs.

"I am Ankylomon, Armadillomon's Champion form.  I am one of the rarest Digimon of all.  Don't cross me or I'll give you a T-KO with my Tail Hammer," Ankylomon said.

"Wow, you've become a Champion already.  Pretty impressive I must say," Wolfy said as the other Digimon nodded.

Meanwhile, Davis, Cyberdramon and Bluice had gotten into a heated match with Piedmon and MetalSeadramon.

"Trump Swords!" Piedmon shouted, aiming the attack at Davis.

Davis stopped the swords in their tracks.  With a flick of his wrist, he sent the attack back at Piedmon.  Piedmon barely got out of the way of his own attack.  He just smirked though.  He had finally found a good opponent to go up against.

"Well, you're better than I gave you credit for.  You seem to be a very worthy opponent.  But I will destroy you," Piedmon said.

"River of Power!" MetalSeadramon shouted, aiming for Cyberdramon.

"Desolation Claw!" Cyberdramon countered.

The two attacks cancelled each other out.  Bluice was facing off against VenomMyotismon.  She had easily taken Puppetmon out.

"I still retain my attacks from when I was Myotismon.  Grizzly Wing!" he said.

The bats headed for Bluice.  But she only smirked.  This attack would end up in cold storage.  Her body began to glow an icy blue.  Then the aura went to her bat-like wings.

"Arctic Wind!" Bluice shouted as he flapped her wings.

The freezing wind put the bats in the really deep freeze.  As a finisher, the wind ripped through the iced over bats, destroying VenomMyotismon's attack.  She quickly took to the air.  In doing so, she evaded a River of Power attack.

"We need to finish this quickly.  Cody needs to be healed," Davis said.

"We'll keep you here as long as we want you to.  You may be stronger than we anticipated, but we outnumber you.  You're still weak against all of us," Piedmon said.

That last comment enraged Cyberdramon.  If there's one thing that Cyberdramon doesn't like being called, it's weak.  He flew in right at Piedmon.  Piedmon smirked at fired off his Trump Swords again.  But Cyberdramon easily evaded the attack.  Then he pointed at Piedmon.  Silver-blue energy gathered in his finger.

"Cyber Nail!" Cyberdramon shouted as he fired off the energy. 

The attack slammed into Piedmon and sent him flying into the wall.  Piedmon quickly recovered though and was soon standing next to MetalSeadramon again.  The two evil Digimon just smirked though.

"You have a lot of spunk.  But you won't be leaving this place," MetalSeadramon said.

"Stuff it Snaky!" Davis retorted.

That enraged MetalSeadramon.  "Why you little smart aleck.  I'll pulverize you for that.  River of Power!" he said, aiming the attack right at Davis.

Davis back flipped into the air.  The attack went harmlessly underneath him.  He then came back down with both feet on the ground.

"It's my turn now," Davis said.  He thrust his left hand out at Piedmon and MetalSeadramon.

The two Dark Masters went flying into the wall.  Davis then used his telepathy to lift them into the air.  He signaled Bluice and Cyberdramon to take care of the other Dark Masters.  Bluice's pale icy blue stripes began to glow.  What looked like a wall of snow began to form.  The snow then began to form around the other present Dark Master.

"Arctic Prison!" Bluice shouted.

The snow around the Dark Masters started turning into solid ice.  The Dark Masters found themselves trapped within the ice.  Now, Apocalymon was the only one keeping Davis and his friends from Cody.  But Apocalymon was not willing to go down easy.

"You won't take me down as easily.  Crimson Lightning!" Apocalymon said as the red energy whip came right at Cyberdramon.

Cyberdramon just grabbed the energy whip.  He gritted his teeth because the energy stung a little.  Unfortunately, Cyberdramon left himself wide open for an attack.  Apocalymon noticed that and sent at Giga Cannon attack at Cyberdramon.  Moments before the attack made impact, it split in half.  The now split apart attack harmlessly went past Cyberdramon.

"That was way too close.  Are you okay pal?" Davis said.  He saw his partner's predicament and pointed his right hand at the attack to split it apart.

"Yes my friend.  Thank you," Cyberdramon said as he faced his partner.  He then let go of the Crimson Lightning attack.

"Don't let your guard down like that again," Davis said.

"Believe me Davis.  I won't Cyberdramon said.  "Now I'll make this quick with you," he said facing Apocalymon.  He closed his eyes in concentration for an attack that blended energy with magic.

This attack wouldn't be strong enough to destroy Apocalymon, but it would leave him weakened for a little while.  Yellow-orange energy began to form around him.  But this wouldn't be a fire attack.  A few moments later, Cyberdramon opened his eyes.  He was surrounded in a yellow-orange aura, ready to unleash his attack.

"I'm not sorry that my friends and I can't stay and play with you.  But we have more important matters to tend to," Cyberdramon said.

The aura around Cyberdramon then became a concentrated ball of energy that floated above his hand.

"Miracle Bomb!" he shouted as he threw the ball of compressed energy at Apocalymon.

The attack came at Apocalymon too fast form him to react.  He went flying away from the cage.  Cyberdramon quickly rushed to the cage and slashed it open.  He carefully picked up Cody.  Seeing that Cody was safe now, Davis clapped his hands.  Piedmon and MetalSeadramon felt something invisible hit the back of their heads and they went unconscious before they were lowered to the ground.

"The others will eventually break out of the ice.  Let's get going while they're still trapped," Bluice said.

Davis and Cyberdramon nodded.  Bluice scooped up Davis in her hand, and the two Digimon left.  Upon reaching the area where Jun, Dameg and Rainba were, it was clear to see that there was a pretty heated battle going on.  Jun channeled her power through the air to kick up a piercing wind.  The wind was pummeling Metal Mamemon.  But it wasn't about to give up to a human.

"I refuse to go down to you.  Tremar!" Metal Mamemon said as he pounded his fist into the ground five times.

Large boulders formed and went straight for Jun.  Jun had destroyed a few of them with her piercing wind.  But there were just too many coming at her from too many directions.

"Jun!  All in Range Beam!" Dameg cried.

"Crimson Fire!" Rainba shouted.

The missile-like object shot off walls of laser energy.  Unlike the one Machinedramon fired, this All in Range Beam shot out walls of laser energy in ten different directions instead of five.  Also, four large fireballs came at the boulders heading for Jun.  The remaining boulders were obliterated.  Jun looked to Dameg and Rainba and smiled at them.  That was another very close call.

"Thanks guys," Jun said.

"You're welcome," Dameg and Rainba said.

"Hey Rainba.  Can you give off a fire attack?  I have an idea," Jun said.

Rainba nodded and shot her Crimson Fire again.  Jun channeled her powers through the fiery attack and combined the four large fireballs into one giant fireball.  The giant fireball slammed into Metal Mamemon, instantly deleting him.  But the fireball kept going.  It ended up tearing through a Megadramon, a Mamemon and an Andromon(A/N: I don't mean the one that is friends with the Digidestined).  It finally came to a stop when it slammed into Machinedramon.

Machinedramon screamed in pain.  Him being a metallic Digimon didn't leave him with much of a defense against strong fire attacks.  When the fireball completely faded away, Machinedramon was on the ground unconscious.  He was still alive, but badly burnt.  But some ill-fated stroke of luck, the giant fireball had lost enough intensity when it destroyed the three Digimon.

"Well done," Davis said.

Jun turned around and saw her brother with two Digimon that she's never seen before.  "Who are these Digimon Davis?" she asked.

"Jun, meet Cyberdramon.  He's Veemon's Ultimate form.  And the Digimon that's holding me is Bluice, but in her Ultimate form Arctic MetalGreyamon," Davis responded.

Then Dameg noticed just how awful Cody looked.  "He needs to be healed and fast," he said.

Cyberdramon gently put Cody down.  Bluice lowered her hand to the ground so Davis could just walk off.  Davis went out of Bluice's hand.  Davis went over to Cody's side and put his hand on Cody's badly bleeding chest.  A blue-green aura covered Davis's hand.  It soon coursed through Cody's body.

Cody's wounds began to close up.  About five minutes later, Cody was completely healed.  He then opened his eyes and sat up.  He immediately wished that he didn't try to sit up because he went back down again.  But Davis prevented Cody from having a hard impact with the ground.  Cody looked up and saw Davis looking down at him.

"Are you all right?" Davis asked.

"I am now.  Thanks to you and your friends," Cody responded smiling.  "Can we please get out of here now?  I hope that I never have to come here again," he added.

The others nodded.  Jun got on Rainba.  Cyberdramon picked up Davis, and Cody got on Dameg's back.  Then Bluice, Rainba, Cyberdramon and Dameg flew off for where Kari and the others were.  They arrived a few hours later.  Rainba, Bluice, Dameg and Cyberdramon landed.  Cody got off of Dameg.  Jun dismounted Rainba, and Cyberdramon put Davis down.  Kari and Angel were amazed upon looking at the three new Digimon.

"Cody!  Are you okay?" a new voice said.

Cody was a little confused.  The voice sounded a little like Armadillomon but it was more gravely than Armadillomon's was.  Cody then saw a dinosaur-like Digimon walking towards him.  He was a little fearful at first, but he calmed down when he saw the Digimon's familiar green eyes.

"Armadillomon?" Cody asked.

"I'm Ankylomon now Cody.  Through some tough training that I did with Davis's friends, I was able to Digivolve," the Digimon responded.  "Are you all right?" he repeated.
   
"Yes I am," Cody responded.  "I owe you and your friends my life Davis."

"You don't owe us anything Cody," Davis said.  Then he looked at Ankylomon.  "Would you like a new name Ankylomon?"

"I think that it would be great Davis," Ankylomon responded.

"How about Arma?  Your body is like armor after all," Cyberdramon said.

"I think that that's a good name for him Cyberdramon," Davis said.

"I do too," Cody said.

"I like the sound of that myself.  I'll go with that name," Ankylomon agreed.

"Now you have your own name too," Cody said.  His expression then became serious again.  "We have to do whatever it takes to stop the Dark Masters.  They'll stop at nothing to destroy us."

"I know Cody.  We will defeat them," Davis said.

"Who are these new Digimon Davis?" Angel asked suddenly.

"Kari, Angel, I would like you to meet Cyberdramon.  He is actually Veemon's Ultimate form.  Next to him is our good friend Rainba, who is a Phoenixmon.  And the third Digimon is Bluice.  She's in her Ultimate form Arctic MetalGreyamon," Davis responded before Bluice Dedigivolved.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Rainba," Kari said as Angel nodded.

"The pleasure is all mine Kari, Angel," Rainba said.

"So how does it feel to be an Ultimate Cyberdramon?" Angel asked.

"It feels great Angel.  I'm glad that I was finally able to reach this level," Cyberdramon responded.

"Who are you?" Cody asked Angel.

"You're looking at Angel's Ultimate form Cody.  She's an Angewomon now," Kari responded.  "But don't tell the others that she can reach Ultimate."

"Please don't tell the others that I can go Ultimate as well.  They don't even know that I can reach Champion status," Cyberdramon said.

"Don't worry guys.  I won't tell them.  They don't deserve to know," Cody said as Arma nodded.

Arma then Dedigivolved.  "Well, Cody and I need to be heading home," he said as Cody picked him up.

"But we'll be here everyday from now on so that Arma can train to become just as good as your friends Davis," Cody said.

"I'll send you on your way home then.  It's a good thing that you showed me where your house is," Davis said.  He snapped his fingers.

The next thing that Cody and Arma knew was that they were standing in Cody's bedroom.  Cody looked down at Arma and gasped in surprise.  Arma had not reverted to Upamon.

"What is it Cody?" Arma asked.  He didn't need Cody to respond because he just knew what was up.  He hadn't reverted.  "This is odd.  I usually revert to Upamon when we're in the Real World," he said.

"Maybe it has something to do with your training.  I think that it enabled you to be strong enough to maintain your Rookie form in the Real World," Cody said.

Arma nodded with that logic.  Then he and Cody went into the front room.  Cody's mother and grandfather were absolutely overjoyed to see him back safe and sound.  Then Cody told them everything that happened, introducing them to Arma as well.  Cody's mother and grandfather were very grateful to Davis for saving their son/grandson's life.

Meanwhile at Spiral Mountain, VenomMyotismon was finally able to free himself and his comrades from their ice prison.  It was needless to say that he and the other Dark Masters were very angry.  Piedmon and MetalSeadramon had regained consciousness, and Machinedramon had made it back inside the mountain.

"We have underestimated our opponent yet again," Apocalymon said.

"Yes we have.  They are more powerful than we thought they were.  We need to get rid of them first.  Once we're rid of them, the other Digidestined will easily crumble at our feet," Piedmon said.

"Let us plan then.  We can't afford to underestimate our powerful opponents again," VenomMyotismon said.

The other Dark Masters nodded.  They began scheming of a way to get rid of Davis and his Digimon friends.



Well, I've finally put up Chapter 7 of this story.  Between finals, having writer's block, and going to Las Vegas(which I had a marvelous time), I was glad to get this finished.  Oh, and for those of you still wondering about the unfamiliar attacks and Digimon, it comes right out of the Digimon World 1 game for Playstation One.  Moving right along, preview for Chapter 8: Biyomon's Folly: Kari, Angel, Wormmon and Arma continue their training with Davis and his Digimon friends.  But the Dark Masters have other things in mind.  They send their minions to take care of one of the Digidestined's Digimon.  Biyomon is just minding her own business when she finds herself under attack.  Can she survive this attack since she can no longer go Ultimate?  You'll have to stay tuned to find out.