Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Enemy's Friendship ❯ Biyomon's Folly ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Davis, Jun and a few of their Digimon friends set off to rescue Cody from the Dark Masters' evil clutches.  Cody didn't fair to well against the Dark Masters because he was brutally tortured.  Upon reaching Spiral Mountain, Davis and friends came face to face with an unpleasant welcoming committee.  Davis, Veemon and Bluice went off to rescue Cody while Jun, Rainba and Dameg dealt with Machinedramon and his flunkies.  Veemon had Digivolved all the way to Ultimate for the very first time, and he, Davis and Bluice rescued Cody.  Upon returning to where Kari and the others were, Cody found out that Armadillomon, now named Arma had Digivolved to Champion.
/ is Davis mental talk
// is mental talk for all of Veemon's Digivolutions
\ is Kari mental talk
* is mental talk for all of Gatomon's Digivolutions
' is thoughts






     &n bsp;                                   Chapter 8: Biyomon's Folly

Things have become peaceful again for the moment.  No one enjoyed it more than Cody did.  He had been put through pure hell.  He was still very grateful to Davis.  If not for Davis, then Cody wouldn't have returned home alive.  He wasn't alone in gratefulness to Davis.

Arma was a lot more grateful that Cody was safely with him again.  'I don't know what I would've done if those monsters killed Cody,' he thought.  He then saw that Cody deep in thought about something.  "Something wrong?" he asked.

Cody was so deep in thought that he didn't hear Arma's question.  He was reflecting over what happened today.

"Are you all right?" Arma asked, closer to Cody this time.

"Huh?" Cody asked, snapping out of his thoughts.  He looked down to see Arma next to him.  "Oh, it's just that I was thinking about everything that happened today," he responded.

"What did you go through while you were the Dark Masters' prisoner?" Arma asked.

"It was the worst torture that I could've ever been put through Arma.  I hope that I never have to be in that situation again.  They beat me up every time they felt like it.  If not for Davis, Cyberdramon and Bluice finding me, I would not have survived those Dark Masters' beatings," Cody responded.

Speaking of Davis, he and Kari were strolling through the Digital World.  After all that has taken place today, they both felt the want for some time together.  Veemon, who had Dedigivolved after Davis sent Cody and Arma home, and Angel, who had also Dedigivolved, also walked side by side.

"It's good to be able to have some time together," Kari said.

"I know Kari.  With the other Digidestined breathing down our necks and the Dark Masters roaming around, it hasn't been easy for us to have time to ourselves," Davis said.

But they would have to much-unwanted trouble soon.  A group of eighteen Giromon, who swore loyalty to Machinedramon, spotted the two couples.  They immediately cut the two couples off.  Kari and Davis just looked at the Digimon in confusion.

"What are they?" Kari asked.

"Yeah, they look like little blue metal balls with faces, arms and horns," Davis said.  "Quite funny-looking too," he added.

"Those are Giromon.  They're known for their mischievous attitudes and are said to be quite the troublemakers when they want to be," Veemon said.

"I remember seeing them from when we were in Machinedramon's territory.  They are Ultimate-level Digimon who work only for Machinedramon," Angel added.

"Our master will be thrilled once he hears of your destruction," one of the Giromon said.

"Sorry to dissapoint you, but you will not be destroying us today," Davis said before Veemon and Angel Digivolved to their Ultimate forms.

"You are foolish to fight us human.  We greatly outnumber you," the Giromon said.

"Well then, let's even the odds," a group of familiar voices said.

Davis and Veemon didn't need to turn around because they already knew whom the voices belonged to.  The Giromon, Kari and Angel looked to see Dameg, Vampy, Greyma, Faerie, Angelda, Dragana, Blackwing, Bluice, Wolfy, Whitefire, Purwing, Angold and a few new Digimon approaching.  One of the new Digimon bore a huge resemblance to Leomon.  The only differences were that his mane and the tip of his tail were brown instead of blonde, and that the fur on the rest of his body was a peach color.  His name was Leo.

The second of the three new Digimon looked just like a Tyrannomon.  The difference was that this Tyrannomon was brown with a yellow stomach instead of red with a white stomach.  This Tyrannomon was also only 1/2 the size of other Tyrannomon.  Her name was Tyranna.  The final of the new Digimon looked like a MegaSeadramon.  The difference was that this one was blue instead of the normal green or red, and it wore a silver helmet with a bronze horn on its head.  She was called Wataria.

"Nice of you to join us my friends," Davis said as he then turned around.

"There's no way that we would leave you four to fight against all of them.  Giromon are small but they're a force to be reckoned with when they band together," Angelda said.

"Eighteen against four is far from fair odds.  Especially with these Digimon," Dameg added.

"Now let's take care of these Digimon rejects," Vampy added.

Then the fight began.  The Giromon attacked first.  All eighteen of them used Tremar.  A horde of large boulders then flew towards Davis, Kari and their friends.

"Desolation Claw!" Cybedramon shouted.

"Celestial Arrow!" Angel shouted.

"All in Range Beam!" Dameg shouted.

"Thunder Justice!" Vampy screamed.

"Arctic Blast!" Bluice shouted.

"Howling Wave!" Wolfy shouted.

"Spinning Needle!" Dragana yelled.

"Wind Cutter!" Blackwing shouted.

"Meltdown!" Whitefire shouted.

"Buster Drive!" Greyma screamed.

"Electro Shocker!" Purwing shouted.

"Blaze Blast!" Tyranna shouted.

"Fist of the Beast King!" Leo shouted.

"Winter Blast!" Wataria shouted.

"Electric Cloud!" Angold and Angelda shouted.

"Megalo Spark!" Faerie concluded.

Silver energy in the shape of a claw, an arrow made of pure light, walls of laser energy, bolts of lightning, a barrage of large icicles, a wave of sound vibrations, needle-like air currents, an electrical disk (A/N: Think of Krillin's Destructo Disk.  Wind Cutter looks almost identical to that), a large dome of fire, a ball of electricity, a stream of fire, a fist in the shape of a lion's head, a blizzard of ice and snow, small clouds crackling with electricity and a black ball with electrical energy circling it headed for the boulders.

Greyma had charged directly into a few boulders at breakneck speed, smashing them to dust.  Davis blasted some of the boulders with his psychic energy.  Kari had closed her eyes in concentration.  She then unleashed an energy wave of pure light.  The attacks had quickly taken care of the boulders.

"You'll have to do better than that horn heads," Dameg said.

The Giromon were very angry after hearing that comment.  "We'll show you the power of our Pulse Laser," the said before unleashing the said attack.

Each Pulse Laser was aimed at someone.

"You're individually gone after us.  You really aren't too smart are you?" Davis said.  He then cancelled out the laser aimed for him with a beam of pure energy.

But this beam kept going and struck the Giromon dead center.  The Giromon screamed in pain before dissolving into data.  The same happened with the other Giromon.  Their Pulse Laser attacks were not only easily cancelled out, but the attacks that Davis's Digimon friends gave also went straight into the Giromon.  In moments, all the Giromon had dissolved into data.

"Nicely done my friends," Davis said.

"We'll always be around whenever you need us," Faerie said before she and all the Digimon except Cyberdramon and Angel left. 

"Davis then walked over to Kari and kissed her.  "Now where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?" he asked before kissing her deeply.

Kari smiled and put her arms around Davis's neck to deepen the kiss even more.  They parted when the need to breathe became apparent.  They continued their stroll.  Cyberdramon and Angel remained Ultimate-level Digimon, just in case.

Meanwhile in another area of the Digital World, Biyomon was just hanging out with the older Digidestined's Digimon.  Out of all the Digidestined and Digimon, she was the only one who truly respected Davis and Veemon since when she first saw them.  The only reason that she didn't do anything was that she feared the friction she could cause between the other Digidestined and herself.  That's why she participated in the battles even though she didn't truly want to.

'I feel sorry for Davis and Kari.  Why can't the others understand that those two belong together?  Why can't Sora understand.  And she's supposed to be the Digidestined of Love,' Biyomon thought.  She had gotten some very fortunate chances to hang out alone with Davis, Veemon and their Digimon friends.

She became fast friends with some of Davis's Digimon friends.  There are still quite a few that she doesn't know about yet.  'Back then, I was afraid of the tension that I would cause between the other Digidestined and myself.  Now I'm no longer afraid of that.  The next time I see Davis, I'm joining him whether the Digidestined like it or not.'

A few hours later, Davis, Kari, Cyberdramon and Angel finished their stroll through the Digital World.  They were back with Jun and Rainba at about sunset.

"So how was your stroll?" Rainba asked.

"It was peaceful for the most part.  We did run into some trouble with a horde of Giromon, but our friends helped us out," Kari responded.

"I should be heading back to my living quarters.  I'll always be around whenever you need me," Rainba said before flying off.

Davis, Jun, Kari, Angel and Cyberdramon waved goodbye as Rainba flew higher and higher until she was completely out of their sight.  Davis and the others hung out for about another half hour.

"We should be heading home Davis.  It's getting dark," Jun then said.

"Davis, can Angel and I go home with you?  I don't feel comfortable returning to my own home yet," Kari said.

"Sure Kari.  But it will be a good idea for your mother to know where you are.  She's probably very worried about you now," Davis said.  Then he took Kari and Jun's hands before disappearing.

Cyberdramon took Angel's hand before disappearing as well.  The two couples plus Jun arrived just outside Davis's house.  Then Cyberdramon and Angel Dedigivolved before all five of them entered the house.  Davis then explained the situation to his parents.

"It's bad enough that the Digidestined sun my son.  Now you and your cute little Digimon partner are caught in it as well," Mrs. Motomiya said sympathetically.

"It really doesn't matter what they think Mrs. Motomiya.  Nothing they do will change my decision to be with Davis," Kari said before writing down her phone number.

"I'll let your mother know that you're here," Mr. Motomiya said, going to the telephone and calling Mrs. Kamiya.

Angel just blushed at being called cute.  Veemon smiled at seeing Angel blush.

"Your Ultimate form is more beautiful," Veemon whispered in Angel's ear, causing Angel's blush to deepen.

Then everyone in the house enjoyed a dnner of sushi with noodles and rice.  A few hours later, Davis led Kari and Angel to his room with Veemon behind them.

"You can have the bed if you like.  I don't mind sleeping on the couch," Davis said as Veemon nodded.

"No Davis, you don't have to sleep on the couch," Kari said before she blushed.  "Besides, I want to sleep with you," she added as her blush deepened.

Davis just smiled at that.  "If that's what you want, then so be it," he said.  Once in the room, he snapped his fingers.

A little bed appeared in the empty corner of the room.  The bed was big enough for both Veemon and Angel to comfortably sleep in.  Veemon and Angel then got settled into the little bed before nodding off to dreamland.  Davis and Kari smiled at their now sleeping Digimon.

"We should be going to bed too," Kari said.  "But I don't have anything to change into."

"I can fix that," Davis said before snapping his fingers again.

Kari looked down to find that she now wore a pink sleeveless silk nightgown that went down to about halfway below her knees.  She smiled and then hugged Davis.  "Thank you Davis.  This is beautiful," she said.

"Don't mention it," Davis said before snapping his fingers once more.  He was now in a pair of sapphire-blue flannel pajamas.  Then he and Kari snuggled closer to Davis.  "Goodnight Kari," Davis said, kissing Kari's forehead.

"Goodnight Davis," Kari said before she nodded off to dreamland.

Davis joined her in dreamland soon after.  It was a fairly peaceful and quiet night this night.  Not even the crickets and other nocturnal animals dared to make a peep tonight.  It was as if they sensed the need to be silent this night.  The light of the full moon gently shone through Davis's windows, basking the two couples in its celestial glow.

The next morning, the two couples awoke to the birds' lovely melodies.  Davis opened his window, and a family of three birds flew down to the windowsill.  Veemon and Kari also went to the window.  Then the little birds fleew up and nuzzled Davis, Veemon and Kari's faces before flying away.

Mrs. Motomiya then opened the door.  "Your mother left you several changes of clothes Kari.  One of them is in the bathroom.  The bathroom is two doors down to the left of this room," she said before leaving.

"Go on Kari.  I don't have school today," Davis said.

"What will you do to pass the time?" Kari asked.

"Veemon and I will go to the Digital World.  We always hang out with our friends whever we can," Davis responded as Veemon nodded.

Kari nodded before going to the bathroom.  After entering the bathroom, she closed the door and undressed.  Then she drew her bath water and took a nice warm bath.  After she finished, she dried herself and got dressed for school.  Then she left the bathroom and sat to a quick breakfast before she kissed Davis goodbye and left for school.  Angel kissed Veemon goodbye before following Kari.  Then Davis got his change of clothes before going into the bathroom and taking a shower.  He came back out half an hour later.  Then he went back into his room where Veemon was waiting.

"So when are we going to the Digital World?  We have all day today," Veemon said.

"How about we go right now?" Davis asked.

"I'm up for that," Veemon responded before he and Davis disappeared, reappearing in the Digital World.

Tyranna and Dragana just happened to be in the area where Davis and Veemon appeared.  They went over to greet their friends.

"Hi guys," Tyranna said.

"You're here early," Dragana added.

"Yeah, I don't have school today so Veemon and I decided to come here early," Davis said.

"You're not the only one," a familiar voice said.

The four friends looked back to see Ken and Wormmon heading their way.

"Hey Ken, Wormmon," Veemon said.

"Hello to you too," Wormmon said.

"Wormmon and I have a little surprise for you," Ken said.  "Do it Wormmon."

Wormmon nodded.  Then a white glow surrounded him.  Davis and Veemon just looked in awe.  Dragana was pretty amazed herself.  Wormmon was Digivolving.

"Wormmon Digivolve to..."

Wormmon's caterpillar-like body morphed into that of a humanoid bug with green and black armor and bug-like red eyes.  He had two pairs of wasp-like wings coming from his back.  Then the glow died down.

"Stingmon!" the new Digimon shouted.

"My friends, meet Stingmon.  He's Wormmon's Champion form.  He's fairly peaceful.  But if you get on his bad side, then you will suffer from the pain of his Spiking Strike going through you," Ken said.

"When did you Digivolve Stingmon?" Davis asked, still in awe.

"While you and your friends were off to rescue Cody, Arma and I trained some more.  After about a few hours of training with a Champion-level Arma, I had Digivolved.  Ken and I returned to the base after that so that's why you didn't get a chance to see me," Stingmon responded.

"Would you like another name Stingmon?" Davis asked.

"Yes I would," Stingmon responded.

"I've been thinking about that all night.  A name that just stuck in my head was Sting," Ken said.

"That's a perfect name for me," Stingmon said.

"I agree," Veemon said.

"So do I," Davis added.

Ken smiled.  "All right, then Sting it is," he said.

Then Davis and Veemon realized something.  Sting had called Ken by name, although Ken was still in his Digimon Emperor outfit.

"I take it that you've finally let Sting start calling you by name," Davis said smiling.

"Yeah, from being around you and your friends, I realized that I shouldn't be treating my own partner like a slave.  Thank you for helping me understand that," Ken said smiling.

"Anytime," Davis and Veemon said smiling.

Meanwhile in another area of the Digital World, Biyomon was alone and in big trouble.  She was just flying around when something hit her in the chest, knocking her out of the sky.  She looked to see a group of Guardromon and Andromon approaching her.

"What do you want?" Biyomon asked.

"Master Machinedramon sent us to seek and destroy you and the rest of your Digimon crew.  Your destruction will bring our master closer to victory over the Digital World," a Guardromon responded.

"You won't be destroying me," Biyomon said.

"Don't be so sure of that.  Without your human partner here, you can't Digivolve," one of the Andromon said.

"Guardian Barrage!" the Guardromon shouted.

Dozens upon dozens of missiles rocketed towards Biyomon.  She just barely dodged them all.  Then she managed to get airborne again.

"Metal Fireball!" a new voice shouted.

Biyomon saw that large fireball streaming towards her.  Again, she just barely dodged the attack.  She looked down and saw a group of Skull Meramon joining the battle.  'I've got to Digivolve.  I won't stand much of a chance against them like this,' she thought.  She closed her eyes and concentrated very hard.  She then felt stronger and began to glow.  "Biyomon Digivolve to...Birdramon!"

"So, you can Digivolve without your partner after all.  But it still won't matter.  You won't stand much of a chance against all of us since you've lost the ability to Digivolve to your Ultimate leve," another Andromon said.

"I won't give up nevertheless," Birdramon said before her wings glowed in a fiery aura.  "Meteor Wing!" she shouted, unleashing her attack.

The fiery wings headed right for two Guardromon.

"Spiral Saber!" one of the Andromon shouted, slicing through the Meteor Wing like a hot knife through butter.

"You won't be able to defeat us.  We have you outclassed and outnumbered," one of the Skull Meramon said.

"And she's about to have even more trouble.  Silver Stream!" a new voice said.

Birdramon cried in pain as something that felt like molten metal struck her from behind.  She was still able to stay in the air.  She turned and saw a metallic Digimon that she didn't even recognize.  The Digimon looked like a giant robot falcon.

"Who are you?" Birdramon asked.

"I am Silver Falconmon, a Mega Digimon and Piedmon's most loyal servant.  I'll crush you with the force of my Silver Stream attack," the Digimon responded.

'How can I make it through this one?  I am severly outnumbered.  If only I could become Garudamon,' Birdramon desperately thought.

Meanwhile, Davis and ExVeemon were sparring with their friends.  Dameg, Angelda, Vampy, Bluice, Faerie and Wolfy had come along and joined in the sparring as well.  ExVeemon and Sting faced off against one another.  ExVeemon went easy on Sting.  But even though ExVeemon went easy on Sting, Sting still struggled.  Suddenly, Davis sensed a Digimon in serious trouble.

"Hold it my friends.  There's a Digimon in trouble not too far from here," Davis said.

"I sense it too.  It's Birdramon," ExVeemon said worriedly.  "She's extremely outnumbered.  Most of the Digimon she's battling are of the Ultimate level."

"I can sense a Mega-level Digimon there as well," Angelda said.

"We have to help her.  She was the only one of the older Digidestined's Digmon whom we truly became friends with.  It made me sad to see her fight when us when she clearly didn't want to.  She won't stand a chance against those severe odds," Faerie said desperately.

"We will help her Faerie.  Don't worry," Dameg said.

"Looks like you'll need a little more help here," an alto-like voice said.

Davis and the others looked up to see Rainba coming down for a landing.

"On my way here, I saw the battle going on," Rainba said.

"How bad is it?" Davis asked.

"It's very bad.  Birdramon barely has the strength to keep fighting.  The odds are severely against her," Rainba responded.

"Well, let's not waste anymore time.  We've got a friend in serious need," ExVeemon said before Digivolving to Cyberdramon.  He then scooped up Davis and flew off.

Rainba took the lead with Bluice and Wolfy on her back.  Dragana, Dameg, Faerie, Vampy and Angelda followed.  Soon, more of Davis's Digimon friends followed.  Everyone hoped to make it to Birdramon in time.  Speaking of Birdramon, she was being pummeled into the ground.  She had managed to take out the Guardromon.  But that left her almost completely drained, which made it easy for a Skull Meramon to attack her.

Birdramon didn't even have the energy to cry out in pain as the Skull Meramon lashed at her with his Metal Chain.  It soon became too much for her to keep her Champion form any longer, and she reverted to Biyomon.  Skull Meramon then stepped back.  But this wasn't because he gave up.  All the other Digimon were preparing to attack Biyomon at the same time.

"Metal Fireball!" the Skull Meramon shouted.

"Pulse Laser!" the Andromon shouted.

"Silver Stream!" Silver Falconmon shouted.

The result was a large beam of combined energy.  It destroyed everything in its path on its collision course with Biyomon.  Biyomon just closed her eyes, waiting for the impact that would delete her.

"Crimson Fire!" a voice shouted.

"Genocide Attack!" a second voice shouted.

"Thunder Justice!" a third voice shouted.

"Prominence Beam!" a fourth voice shouted.

"Tundra Blast!" a fifth voice shouted.

"Freeze Blast!" a sixth voice shouted.

"Blaze Blast!" a seventh voice shouted.

"Desolation Claw!" an eigth voice shouted.

"All in Range Beam!" a ninth voice shouted.

Four large fireballs, a yellowish white energy ball, lightning bolts, a red laser beam, a ball of arctic energy, a barrage of hailstones sleet and ice, a stream of fire, silver energy in the shape of a claw and five walls of laser energy were unleashed.  The nine attacks combined into a large beam of combined energy, which easily cancelled out the beam headed for Biyomon.  Biyomon opened her eyes when she didn't feel the attack hit.  She was barely able to look up and saw Davis looking down at her.  Then Davis healed Biyomon and restored her energy.

"Are you all right?" Davis asked.

"I am now thanks to you and your friends," Biyomon responded.  She then found herself and Davis in the middle of a circle of Davis's Digimon friends.

"Stay inside this circle.  My friends and I will handle things from here," Davis said.

Biyomon nodded.

"This is our lucky day indeed.  Once we take you and your puny friends out, there will be no one to stand in our masters' way of conquest," Silver Falconmon said.

"Prepare to be disappointed you metallic moron," Cyberdramon said defiantly.

Silver Falconmon screeched in anger at that comment and led the attack against Davis and his Digimon friends.  "Silver Stream!" he shouted.

The attack went straight for Cyberdramon.  A well-placed Desolation Claw easily cancelled out the attack.  But there would be many more attacks where that came from.

"Metal Fireball!" the Skull Meramon shouted.

"Pulse Laser!" the Andromon shouted.

The large number of attacks headed for Davis and his friends.  Davis closed his eyes in concentration.  He put his hands over his head in a prayer position.  Then he slowly brought them apart until they were at his sides.  The incoming attacks bounced off of an invisible field.

"What trickery is this?" Silver Falconmon asked.

"This is no trick.  This is but a simple force field.  But it's not only for defense," Davis said.

"What do you mean by that?" the Skull Meramon asked.

"This!  All in Range Beam!" Dameg shouted.

"Prominence Beam!" Dragana shouted.

"Ice Needle!" Wataria shouted.

"Blaze Blast!" Tyranna shouted.

"Crimson Fire!" Rainba shouted.

The five attacks went through the force field.  Totally caught off guard, the Andromon couldn't get out of the way in time.  They were deleted the moment the attacks hit them.  Then Davis removed the force field.  Cyberdramon then headed for one of the Skull Meramon.  But Cyberdramon moved at such a fast speed that only Davis could keep track of him.  When it came to speed, Davis and Cyberdramon were the fastest human/Digimon alive.  When Davis and Cyberdramon used their full speed, no one, not even their Digimon friends could keep track of them, even though Davis and Cyberdramon could keep track of each other.

The next thing that everyone heard was a cry of pain from the Skull Meramon that was on the far right.  They turned their attention to it just in time to see it disperse into hundreds of data particles.  Just as quickly, Cyberdramon was back at Davis's side.

"Give up.  You're no match for us," Davis said.  Then he narrowed his eyes at the Skull Meramon on the far left.

That Skull Meramon screamed as it felt an unseen attack consume it.  It then dispersed into data.

"I will never give up to a pathetic human like you," Silver Falconomon said.

"Don't push your luck metal head," Cyberdramon retorted.

"You just pushed yours," Silver Falconmon said angrily before aiming another Silver Stream attack at Cyberdramon.

"Thunder Justice!" Vampy shouted.

The powerful electrical attack not only cancelled out Silver Falconmon's attack, but it also went straight into Silver Falconmon.  Silver Falconmon screamed in pain as half of his body dissolved into data.

"Now to finish the other half of you," Cyberdramon said.  "Desolation Claw!"

The attack slammed into the other half of Silver Falconmon, and Silver Falconmon was completely deleted.  Rainba, Bluice and Wolfy combined their attacks against the remaining Skull Meramon.  The combined attacks of Rainba, Bluice and Wolfy were more than enough to easily delete the remaining Skull Meramon.  Then Davis turned his attention to Biyomon.

"How did you get into this mess?" Davis asked curiously.

"I was minding my own business.  I went flying when something shot me out of the sky.  Then the fight between the now deleted Digimon and I started.  I stood no chance against them because I was greatly outnumbered," Biyomon responded.

"Let's head back before some more of the Dark Masters' flunkies come this way," Dameg said.

Everyone nodded.  Cyberdramon picked up Davis before flying off to where they left Ken and Sting.  Rainba, Dameg, Wolfy and Bluice followed Cyberdramon.  Biyomon Digivolved and followed as well.  The other Digimon headed off to their dwelling areas.  An hour later, Birdramon got pretty tired.  She had Dedigivolved, barely able to stay in the air.  Fortunately, Rainba got under her before she fell.

"Thanks, I was getting pretty tired," Biyomon said.

"No problem," Rainba said.

Biyomon couldn't place it yet, but there was something very familiar about Rainba.  It was like she knew Rainba for some reason.  They made it back to where Ken and Sting were an hour and a half later.  Kari, Angel in her Ulitmate form, Cody and Arma in his Champion form were now there as well.  They were greatly relieved to see that Biyomon was okay.  Ken had told them what happened.

"Thank goodness you're all right Biyomon.  We were so worried about you," Angel said.

"I would've been deleted if not for Davis and his friends," Biyomon said before hopping off Rainba's back.  "Thanks again for the ride," she added.

"No problem," Rainba said again.  She then saw the puzzled look on Biyomon's face.  "Something wrong?" she asked.

"It's just that I feel I know you somewhere," Biyomon responded.

"In a way Biyomon, you should know her.  Rainba here is a Phoenixmon, which is your Mega form," Davis said.

"Really?" Biyomon asked, clearly amazed.

"That's right Biyomon.  Your Mega form is Phoenixmon," Cyberdramon responded.

Kari then noticed the ice-colored WarGreymon.  "Is that you Bluice?" she asked.

"Yes Kari, it's me.  I'm Blizzard WarGreyamon now, the rarest ice Digimon in the Digital World.  My body is so frigid that only those I trust will be able to touch me without becoming ice statues.  My Tundra Blast and Deep Freeze attacks leave my enemies in the bitter cold," Bluice responded.

Angel on the other hand, had been looking at the Digimon that looked mostly like MetalGarurumon.  "Who are you?" she asked.

"They call me Wolfy," the Digimon responded in a deep gravely voice.  He did for the most part look like a MetalGarurumon.

The only differences were that he was bronze in color and about twice as big as a normal MetalGarurumon.

"I am Bronze MetalGarurumon.  MetalGarurumon are rare Digimon to begin with, but I am the only Digimon of my kind.  My Freeze Blast attack leaves my enemies in the deepest freeze of their lives," Wolfy added.

Then Biyomon looked back at Angel.  Biyomon never thought that she would see Angel as an Ultimate again.  "Wow Angel, you've become an Ultimate again," she said.

"Yes I have, and it feels really good.  You could become an Ultimate again if you want to," Angel said.

"How can I do that?  I can't Digivolve to Ultimate without Sora's crest," Biyomon said.

"Actually, yes you can.  Angel went to Ultimate level by focusing on the light in Kari and herself.  That won't be the case for you because I can sense that Sora's heart no longer has the power for you to Digivolve to Ultimate.  But many of my Digmon friends never had human partners but they went to their Ultimate forms through training with Cyberdramon and me," Davis said.

"I've never heard of a Digimon called Cyberdramon," Biyomon said.

"Well, I think that you should make things a bit more familiar for her Cyberdramon," Davis said.

Then Cyberdramon Dedigivolved.  He first reverted to ExVeemon.  "I am an ExVeemon now Biyomon," he said before reverting to Veemon.  "Does this make things a little more familiar for ya?" he added.

"Whoa!  Cyberdramon is your Ultimate form.  The others and I had didn't even know that you could Digivolve to you normal Champion level," Biyomon said.

"That's why it's better for them not to know yet.  The time will come for them to know about this.  Though I have a feeling that the time is much sonner than any of us expect," Veemon said.  He didn't know how right he was in saying that.

"I was wondering if I could have a new name.  Ever since I first met Davis's friends, I've always hoped to have a name as well," Biyomon said.

"I've got just the name for you.  Since all your Digivolutions have a great deal to do with fire, I believe that Fyra will suit you just fine," Davis said.

"I like that name," Biyomon said smiling.

"I do too," Rainba said as Kari and the others nodded.

"Then Fyra it shall be," Davis said.

"I don't want the others to know about this yet.  So can you call me by my new name only when the others aren't around?" Fyra said.

"Of course," Veemon said as the others nodded.

Things were peaceful for now.  Davis and the others just lounged around to enjoy this moment of peace while it lasted.  Out of all of them, Fyra was really glad to have some peace, especially after the unfair battle she had to fight.  She would always be grateful to Davis and his friends for saving her life.



Well, another chapter bites the dust.  I have officially graduated from Concordia University Irvine this past Saturday, which means that I'll have a lot of time to work on my stories now.  Moving right along, preview for Chapter 9: A New Digidestined: A year has passed since Biyomon's close encounter with death.  In that year's time, she, Sting, Kari, Angel and Arma have gotten a great deal stronger than they last were.  In another area of the Digital World, a rare Digimon hopes to finally be united with her partner.  Who is this Digimon?  More importantly, who is her parnter?  Stay tuned for the answer.