Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Old Digimon's Vengeance ❯ Black Ogremon's Arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
One thing in the third season of Digimon didn't satisfy me, and that was that Guilmon didn't really protect Takato. This fic takes place after Terriermon's first Digivolution. What if Guilmon didn't need Calumon to Digivolve? What if he could do it on his own? And what if he could summon and maintain the Hyper Wings at will after Takato only used it on him once? Well, you're going to find out as my fic progresses
' is thoughts





Chapter 1: Black Ogremon's Arrival

It was a cool and stormy day in Kyoto. Takato was caught off guard by the sudden storm. He was staying at Guilmon's little hideout.
"Well this is what I get for not bringing a hooded coat or an umbrella," Takato said.
"What's an umbrella Takato?" Guilmon asked.
"An umbrella is a device designed to keep the rain off your head. Like the one that little girl is carrying," Takato responded, pointing to the little girl.
Guilmon saw that the girl was holding what looked like an upside down bowl with a stick in the middle. Upon a little closer inspection, he saw that the umbrella was a yellow color.
"Umbrellas come in all colors and sizes Guilmon," Takato said.
An hour went by, but the storm raged on. Takato knew that his parents were worried sick about him.
"Takato!" a familiar voice shouted.
"Henry? Henry, I'm in here!" Takato shouted.
Henry went into Guilmon's hiding place. "I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner. I had only a few errands, but they took a while. Let's get you home," he said. He held his dark blue umbrella over himself and Takato.
Half an hour later, they made it to Takato's house. Takato opened the door with his key and they went inside.
"Takato, where have you been?" his mother asked, ready to have a nervous breakdown.
"He was with me. I guess we lost track of time," Henry responded.
"Thanks Henry, I owe you one," Takato quietly said.
"You don't owe me anything," Henry quietly said.
"Thank you Henry," Mr. Matsuda said.
"No problem," Henry said before walking out the door and heading home.
Unknown to both Henry and Takato, a familiar Digimon followed them. Renamon faired quite well in the rain. She saw Henry running through the rain and silently followed him through the trees.
'I wonder where he's off to in such a hurry,' she thought. She stopped at a little dugout tunnel and saw Henry go in. After a few moments, she saw him come out with Takato. 'He obviously wasn't prepared for the storm,' she thought, noticing that Takato was wearing a sweater instead of a raincoat. She secretly followed them to Takato's house in case a stray Digimon popped up to attack. When Takato was safely home, she followed Henry. After Henry was also safe at home, she phased out and back to the roof of Rika's house.
Meanwhile in the Digital World, a sinister Digimon had his sights on Takato. This was a Champion-level Digimon who's strength and power could easily be mistaken for a strong Ultimate level. He was somehow resurrected after his defeat to the original Digidestined. 'I have watched you fro some time Takato. You don't realize it yet but you have established an unbreakable bond with your created Digimon. That bond is the power I need to rule your world and this one,' the sinister Digimon thought.
"Something on your mind master?" another Digimon asked.
"Ah Black Ogremon, yes there is. I want you to keep an eye on the one called Takato," the sinister Digimon responded.
"The one who created his own Digimon?" Black Ogremon asked.
"Yes my faithful servant, he has established a powerful bond. That bond in my hands will give me the power of a supreme mega, and I with you as my second in command will rule both worlds," the sinister Digimon responded.
"As you wish master," Black Ogremon said before fading out of the Digital World and into a few yards away from Takato's house. He was a Champion-level Digimon, but nowhere close to as strong or powerful his master was. He swore loyalty only to his master.
About five hours into the night, the storm finally passed. Takato was asleep in bed, unaware of the evil presence a few yards from his window. The figure hid behind the tree, waiting for the chance to capture Takato.
Back at the dugout tunnel, Guilmon's pupils shrunk to dots. "There's a Digimon near Takato's house," he said quietly before dashing off towards his Tamer's house at a speed too quick for someone his size and weight.
Meanwhile, Black Ogremon looked on as Takato slept.
/Take the boy now. His Digimon is quickly heading your way/ the sinister Digimon telepathically told Black Ogremon.
/Yes master/ Black Ogremon telepathically acknowledged. He quietly got in through the open window. He easily lifted Takato out of the bed. He made sure to do it slowly and quietly so not to wake Takato. He was just about to round the corner (A/N: I'm having Takato's house be on a corner).
"Pyro Sphere!" a voice shouted.
Black Ogremon barely had enough time to turn and block the attack with his bone club. Takato stirred at Guilmon's voice.
"Guilmon?" Takato asked before opening his eyes. "Aaahhh! You're not Guilmon!" he screamed when he saw Black Ogremon.
"Let him go," Guilmon said in a very low voice.
"I don't have time to play with you," Black Ogremon said. Then with amazing height and distance, he leaped to the roof of a tall building fifty yards away.
"Guilmon!" Takato cried as he was being taken away.
"Takato!" Guilmon cried, pupils still the size of dots. He could somehow still smell Black Ogremon's trail and shot off in that direction.
Meanwhile, Black Ogremon just left Takato on the roof. The roof was flat, and the only way down was to climb down the side of the building. Black Ogremon was actually on the next building, hiding behind the stairwell entrance. Takato went over to the side of the building and looked down. He immediately backed away. He could just barely make out the bottom. He then heard something quickly coming up the side. He soon saw a blur of fur jump up.
"Renamon?" Takato asked.
"Do you need help getting down?" she asked.
"Yes please," Takato responded.
They walked over to the side. Renamon was just about to tell Takato to grab her neck when a hard bone club knocked her back.
"Didn't you forget about something?" Black Ogremon asked.
"No, I didn't forget about you. I was hoping to face you later you big ugmon," Renamon responded.
Black Ogremon growled in anger at the insult. "That does it. Get ready for a beating foxy," he said angrily. He charged for Renamon, but she simply jumped aside.
'I need to keep him busy long enough for Guilmon to arrive,' she thought. She had sensed Black Ogremon around Takato's house. When he escaped a very angry Guilmon, she followed to help Takato. She was so focused on Black Ogremon that she didn't sense Guilmon climbing up the building half an hour later.
"I'm through toying with you," Black Ogremon said. His bone club glowed white (A/N: I don't remember Ogremon's attacks so expect to see made up attacks). "Sonic Club!" he shouted as he waved the bone.
An energy beam shot out towards Renamon. The attack came fast, but she easily dodged it. Unfortunately, that put the attack on a collision course with Takato. He had no chance of getting out of the way in time. She couldn't deflect the attack with her Diamond Storm because she would hit Takato anyway.
"Pyro Sphere!" a familiar voice shouted.
The Sonic Club and Pyro Sphere cancelled each other out with a fair-sized explosion.
"Guilmon!" Takato happily cried.
"Catch," Guilmon said as he threw the D-arc, pupils still the size of dots.
"Thanks, I forgot that I left it with you," Takato said as he caught his D-arc. He pulled out the Power and Hyperwings cards. "Digy-Modify. Power and Hyper Wings activate!" he shouted.
Guilmon felt the power increase and saw the wings on his back. He flew into the air. 'I've got to get Takato home,' he thought.
"I've had enough of your interference you big red lizard. Sonic..." Black Ogremon started to say.
"Diamond Storm!" Renamon shouted.
The diamonds knocked the club out of Black Ogremon's hands.
"You too girly!" Black Ogremon shouted the form of a fiery fist.
This time, Renamon and Takato got off the way. Unfortunately, Takato was literally on the edge. He couldn't keep his balance and went over. He managed to grab the edge of the building. He couldn't hold on much longer though. Suddenly, he felt Renamon's paw on his hand.
'I've gotcha," Renamon said.
"But not for long. Sonic Club," Black Ogremon said.
"Pyro Sphere!" Guilmon countered. "Renamon, I'll keep him busy," he added. He bought Renamon enough time for her to pull Takato up. Then he landed beside them.
'That's strange. It's been half an hour, but the Hyper Wings are still active," Takato thought.
"Now to finish you two Digimon," Black Ogremon said as he quickly ran at them. He ran at them so fast that they only felt him whack them in the backs with his bone. They were forced back a few feet. That left Takato at Black Ogremon's mercy.
"Diamond Storm!" Renamon shouted.
The attack hit home. Black Ogremon screamed in pain. He turned toward Renamon and Guilmon.
"I've had enough of you two," Black Ogremon said as his bone became a boomerang. "Bone Boomerang!" he shouted as he thew the boomerang.
Guilmon deflected it back at Black Ogremon. Black Ogremon ducked, and Guimon could only watch in horror as the boomerang knocked Takato off the building.
"Takato!" Guilmon cried. He ran to the edge and dove after Takato.
"Guilmon, help me!" Takato cried.
"Gotcha!" Guilmon said as he wrapped his arms around Takato's midsection a few minutes later. He flew back up to let Renamon see that Takato was safe. "Thank you for your help Renamon," Guilmon said, his eyes back to normal.
"No problem, I'm glad that Takato's all right," Renamon said before phasing out.
Guilmon flew back towards Takato's house. He arrived in ten minutes, landed and gently let go of Takato. "Are you all right?" he asked.
"I am now thanks to you and Renamon," Takato responded.
It was then that the Hyper Wings deactivated.
"How were you able to maintain the Hyperwings?" Takato asked.
"Actually, I don't know that myself Takato. I felt that they wanted to stay on me. I was determined to get you back here safely, and the Hyper Wings must've felt that," Guilmon responded.
Meanwhile, Black Ogremon returned to his master. "I"m sorry I failed master," he said.
"Don't be my humble servant. You did your best, and that's what counts," the sinister Digimon said.
Meanwhile, Renamon had made it back to Rika's house. An unhappy Rika met her at the doorway.
"Where were you?" Rika asked.
"I was out helping Guimon save Takato," Renamon responded simply.
"That Goggle-head couldn't survive without you?" Rika asked sarcastically.
"This isn't the time for sarcasm Rika. He could've been killed tonight," Renamon responded.
Rika gasped in shock. "What happened?" she asked.
Renamon explained what happened. Rika could barely believe it.
"He really did have an almost close encounter with death," Rika whispered.
"Yes he did. I think that Black Ogremon didn't intend to knock Takato off the building. I think he has an alterior motive," Renamon said.
"Like what?" Rika asked.
"I don't know. Sooner or Later, we'll find out anyway," Renamon responded.
Back outside Takato's house, Takato had finished his little conversation with Guilmon. They quietly climbed in through the window to Takato's room. Then Takato got back in bed. Guilmon suggested to stay close to Takato. Takato agreed, and Guilmon slept next to Takato's bed. Takato soon fell asleep as well. Not too far away, Rika and Renamon had just come up to Takato's house.
"Let's set camp just outside his window," Rika suggested.
Renamon nodded, and Rika pulled out two sleeping bags. They slept as Takato and Guilmon slept inside. Guilmon smelled Renamon and looked out the window. He smiled and went back to sleep. Fortunately, the remainder of the night would be peaceful for them.




Well, what do you think of this story so far. As far as the sinister Digimon, try to figure out who it is before I post chapter 3. I really believe that you should know this one because it's really not that hard to figure out. Preview for Chapter 2: Renamon's Digivolution: Things start to heat up for the Tamers as the sinister Digimon's plot begins to thicken. A full-strength and then some Ogremon comes ready to battle the Tamers to capture Takato for his master. Gargomon isn't strong enough to do it on his own, and Renamon is able to Digivolve to help him. But what's this? A secret Digivolution? You will really want to stay tuned about that.

P.S. If you haven't noticed it already, I have discontinued my Pokemon fic Someone's Always Out to get Me because I still can't get an idea to finish the third chapter. I will take off my discontinued notice after I finish the third chapter, whenever that will be.