Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Old Digimon's Vengeance ❯ Renamon's Digivolution ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Takato got stuck in the rain, but Henry helped him home. Renamon saw to it that both Henry and Takato made it home safely. Later on that night, Black Ogremon kidnapped Takato. By working together, Renamon and Guilmon saved Takato.
' is thoughts





Chapter 2: Renamon's Digivolution

Takato and Guilmon awoke to a beautiful Saturday morning. Guilmon looked out the window to see Rika and Renamon already gone.
"What are you looking for boy?" Takato asked.
"Rika and Renamon slept outside the house in case Black Ogremon showed up again. They're gone now though," Guilmon responded.
"Rika was here?" Takato asked in disbelief.
"Yep," Guilmon responded. "As I said, they most likely came in case Black Ogremon decided to strike again." He didn't know how, but he felt much stronger than any rookie could ever be.
Takato felt the same thing. He couldn't understand the strength and power inside of him. 'Why do I feel like this? It is like I have the power to topple armies inside me,' he thought.
Guilmon felt the same way. He felt that he had the power to survive the strongest mega attacks when the power was controlled. He was confused because he felt the power from Takato. 'What is this power I'm feeling from you Takato?' he thought.
Back in the Digital World, the sinister Digimon also felt Takato's inner power. "Ah, so the young boy is feeling his inner power starting to grow inside him. The time to act is now. We must capture that boy. His power will make us a force to be reckoned with," he said.
Somewhere else in the Digital World, a Greymon and a Garurumon(A/N: Not Tai or Matt's Digimon. When I refer to previous season Digimon, they will be wild Digimon) were peacefully walking side by side when a silver and black mist surrounded them. Their eyes became lifeless.
"Bring the boy Takato to me," a sinister voice said as the two Digimon saw a picture of the boy.
"Yes master," Greymon and Garurumon said. They went through a dark portal that appeared before them.
In the metropolitan area of Kyoto, a thick white fog blanketed a small area of the road. But this was a different kind of fog. The sinister Digimon had created it to render Takato unconscious if he were to walk into it. Greymon and Garurumon hid in the fog, waiting for their opportunity. Takato and Guilmon were racing to the area of the Digimon. Actually, Takato held onto Guilmon's neck as Guilmon raced through the area. Guilmon had detected two wild Digimon.
At Hypnos, the crew also located the two wild Digimon. One thing that Hypnos has is a satellite system. That allowed them to have a visual. The advanced infared system allowed them to see the Digimon through the fog.
"Wait, a Digimon and a human are there with another human and Digimon on the way," Yamaki observed.
Henry and Gargomon were already there. Gargomon held Greymon and Garurumon at bay with his Gargo Laser and Gargo Pellets, but that wasn't enough. Then Takato and Guilmon made it to the Digital Field. Takato go off Guilmon's back, and they walked into the fog. It wasn't long before Takato felt the effects.
"Why do I feel so drowsy?" Takato asked as his vision started blurring. He soon stopped and started swaying.
"Takato, are you okay?" Guilmon and Henry asked.
"I feel weak," Takato weakly responded before fainting.
"Takato!" Guilmon and Henry shouted.
Greymon and Garurumon rushed forward to capture Takato. Gargomon tried to stop them, but the two Digimon just punched/kicked him, sending him flying into a tree. He Dedigivolved back to Terriermon.
"Terriermon!" Henry cried. He ran over to the unconscious Terriermon and picked him up.
Guilmon stood between Takato and the two brainwashed Digimon. "I will not let you take Takato," he said lowly, the ferocious look in his eyes again.
"Let's take out this rookie Greymon," Garurumon said.
"Yeah, let's do it," Greymon agreed. "Nova Blast!"
"Howling Blaster!" Garurumon shouted.
Guilmon slid between the attacks. "I will protect my friend!" he shouted in determination. He then began to glow.
A white light with red highlights engulfed him. It grew brighter and brighter. Greymon, Garurumon and Henry had to shield their eyes.
"Guilmon Digivolve to...Growlmon!"
The light dimmed out to reveal a new Champion Digimon. The other two Digimon and Henry could only look in awe.
'He Digivolved on his own,' Henry thought. He pointed his D-arc at Growlmon. "It says that Growlmon is Guilmon's Champion form. His special attacks are Pyro Blaster and Dragon Slash," he said.
Takato didn't hear that because he was unconscious instead of just asleep.
"Now, let's rumble," Growlmon said. "Pyro Blaster!" he shouted as a stream of fire came from his mouth.
Greymon and Garurumon screamed in pain. As they collapsed, the mist around them got evaporated in the flames. Then they became Agumon and Gabumon.
"What was that mist?" Henry asked.
"I don't know Henry," Growlmon responded, eyes back to normal.
Then Agumon and Gabumon regained consciousness.
"What happened?" Agumon asked.
"And what are we doing in our Rookie forms? All I remember is that we were out for a walk," Gabumon added.
"I remember a strange silver and black mist, but everything is blank after that," Agumon said.
"Growlmon, do you think that mist was the cause of this?" Henry suggested.
"Now that you mention it, yes I do. We've got to find the source of this mist," Growlmon responded.
Agumon and Gabumon became Greymon and Garurumon before waving and returning to the Digital World.
"Henry, may I ask a favor?" Growlmon asked.
"Sure Growlmon, what is it?" Henry responded.
"That you don't tell Takato about me Digivolving," Growlmon responded. "Not until he sees it for himself anyway."
"Sure Growlmon," Henry said.
"Thanks," Growlmon said smiling. He knew that Takato's house was far from where they were. He scooped up Takato in his giant hand as the Hyper Wings activated. He flew into the sky and for Takato's house.
Henry just watched in amazement. 'I'd never thought I'd see this happen,' he thought.
"Henry, what happened?" Terriermon had woken up.
Henery walked back home, telling Terriermon what happened on the way. "And I promised not to tell Takato about the Digivolving part until he finds out for himself. I don't want you to tell either," he concluded.
"Momentai Henry. You know that your secret is my secret," Terriermon said.
"I'm sorry Terriermon. I guess I forgot that," Henry said.
Meanwhile, Growlmon flew on through the air. Somehow, he felt how weak Takato was. 'What happened to you Takato?' he thought worriedly. He reached the house in an hour and landed. He Dedigivolved back to Guilmon. He now carried Takato in both arms.
Fortunately, Takato's parents weren't home because they were away for the weekend and would return tommorow night. Guilmon opened the door with Takato's key and took him back inside. He went upstairs to Takato's bedroom and placed Takato on the bed. Then Guilmon put the covers over Takato and laid down next to him. Meanwhile, Henry had run into Rika and Renamon
"Is Takato all right?" Renamon asked.
"We don't know. He felt weak for some reason and fainted," Terriermon responded.
"Care to explain?" Rika asked.
Henry told Rika and Renamon everything that happened.
"Don't worry. Takato won't hear a peep about Guilmon's mysterious Digivolution from us," Rika said as her partner nodded. Then they left.
"How could that be possible Renamon?" Rika asked(A/N: I know that Rika is way OOC, but that's the point of this story so please don't bash me about it).
"I don't know Rika," Renamon responded just as confused.
Takato didn't recover until the next day. He opened his eyes to find himself in bed with his pajamas on. "What happened?" he asked.
"Takato, you're all right!" Guilmon excitedly said, hugging his friend.
Takato returned the hug. "Who won the battle?" he asked.
"We did Takato. Greymon and Garurumon were brainwashed by a strange mist. Once it was gone, they wer back to normal," Guilmon responded.
"Looks like Black Ogremon is the least of our worries," Takato said.
The Hyper Wings were still active. Takato made himself and Guilmon some bread to eat. After eating, Takato got changed.
"How did I end up home anyway," Takato asked.
"I brought you here after the battle. I washed you and changed you," Guilmon responded.
Meanwhile, Black Ogremon and a group of Bakemon and Centaurumon were in the real world. Once again, the strange in the real world. Once again, the strange were in the real world. Once again, the strange fog blanketed a small area of the city. Renamon sensed the Digimon first.
"Rika, a bunch of Digimon are in the city," Renamon said.
"Well let's go. Maybe we can help Henry and his partner," Rika said. She got her cards and D-arc and left.
Meanwhile, Henry and Gargomon were already there because they lived the closet to the area. Henry made Terriermon Digivolve and Gargomon was taking care of the wild Digimon. He used his Gargo Laser to evaporate the mist off them. When he ran out of ammo, Henry slashed the Recharge card. Rika and Renamon arrived just as Gargomon took the last brainwashed Digimon. They saw the mist arise and vanish. Now it was them vs. Black Ogremon. The now normal Digimon waved their thanks and returned to the Digital World.
"I have a score to settle with you foxy," Black Ogremon said.
"No one insults my partner," Rika said angrily.
Renamon stepped up to help Gargomon fight Black Ogremon. Just then, they heard a low growl. They looked in the growl's direction to see Guilmon just outside the fog. The Hyper Wings had deactivated on his arrival. Once again, Takato felt the effects of a few moments after walking in it. He fell unconscious.
"Takato!" Guilmon, Gargomon, Renamon, Rika and Henry cried.
"Why does he fall unconscious? He hasn't done anything," Henry said.
"That's for me to know and you to find out," Black Ogremon responded.
Guilmon was so focused on Black Ogremon that his keen nose failed to pick up a strange but familiar smell to the fog. The sinister Digimon had put tranquilizer particles in the fog. The particles were faint, but Guilmon would have easily smelled them if he had focused on the fog for just one moment.

| Flashback to a month ago |

One day, Takato and Guilmon just went fo a walk in the park. Things have been quiet as far as wild Digimon so they decided to enjoy the peace a little further. Unknown to both of them, a Hypnos member watched them. He had a tranquilizer gun at the ready.
"It sure has been peaceful huh boy?" Takato asked.
"Yeah," Guilmon responded.
A slight rustle of a nearby bush got their attention.
"So much for our peace," Takato said. He heard a whistling sound. He looked to see a dart streaming for Guilmon. He moved in front of Guilmon and screamed in pain as the dart pierced him. He lost consciousness and slammed to the ground.
"Takato!" Guilmon cried. He stayed by his fallen Tamer's side.
Meanwhile, the guy behind the bush was amazed. 'The boy took a dart to protect that Digimon,' he thought.
Guilmon suddenly became aware of a strange smell. He removed the dart from Takato's shoulder and sniffed it. Just then, Henry came running to them.
"Guilmon, what happened?" Terriermon asked.
"Someone shot Takato with this," Guilmon responded. He gave Henry the dart.
Henry slowly sniffed the dart. He quickly put it down before he fell under the effects.
"What is it?" Terriermon asked.
"A tranquilizer dart," Henry responded. "I learned about them in a science class. I even got to sniff one. The teacher told us to take a quick sniff so we wouldn't get drowsy. Even though I took a quick sniff, that was a smell I would always remember."
"But why would someone want to shoot Takato?" Guilmon asked. He took the dart, smelled it once more and then crushed it.
"I think the person was aiming for you Guilmon. Takato must have seen that and got in front of you," Henry responded.
They went to Henry's house. Henry attempted to call Takato's parents, but they weren't home at the time. He left them a message telling them that Takato was with him and that he got the things Takato needed for school. Takato was out for two days.

| End Flashback |

"Are you going to let me take the boy, or am I going to have to take him from you?" Black Ogremon asked.
"We will not let you take Takato from us," Guilmon responded.
"We'll see about tha," Black Ogremon said. "Blazing Fist!"
"Gargo Laser!" Gargomon shouted.
The two attacks cancelled each other out. Black Ogremon faded out and reappeared behind all of them. This time, Guilmon was prepared. He smacked Black Ogremon with his tail. Black Ogremon slammed against the tree. He recovered quickly though. He singled out Gargomon with his Bone Boomerang. Being weak from battling the brainwashed Digimon, Gargomon took a beating from Black Ogremon.
"Renamon, you have to help him!" Rika said very worriedly.
It was then that Henry saw Calumon. 'I wonder why he's here,' he thought.
Calumon saw an unconscious Takato and rushed to his side. "Takato, what's wrong?" he asked.
"That's what we'd all like to know Calumon. He's fallen unconscious twice so far," Rika responded.
Guilmon knew that Henry told Rika. He didn't mind though. As long as Takato didn't know about the Digivolution yet, Guilmon was fine.
"Aaahhh!" Gargomon screamed as he took a very hard hit.
Calumon got so worried that the symbol on his head started to glow. Henry was the only one who noticed. Renamon was engulfed in a blue light. The data from her old form dispersed for her new form's data.
"Renamon Digivolve to...Kyuubimon!"
The light faded to reveal a fox on four legs. Kyuubimon ran at Black Ogremon. Calumon passed out because he spent most of his energy flying to where the action was.
"Dragon Wheel!" Kyuubimon shouted as her body became a fiery wheel with a dragon's face in front. She continued charging for Black Ogremon. She made contact, and Black Ogremon screamed in pain as the flames burned him.
Somehow, Black Ogremon found the strength to whack her hard with his bone. She struggled to get up. One more hit from Black Ogremon made her Dedigivolve back to Renamon. Rika rushed to her side.
"Renamon, are you all right?" Rika asked.
"He's too strong," Renamon responded.
"Two down, one to go," Black Ogremon said snickering as he approached Guilmon.
Guilmon refused to back down. He growled as he stood his ground in front of Takato. "I will not allow you to take my friend," He said lowly. Then he was bathed in the white light with red highlights once more. "Guilmon Digivolve to...Growlmon!"
The light dimmed out to reveal the Champion-level Digimon once again. Rika and Renamon were shocked even though Henry told them. Henry was more convinced that Guilmon Digivolved on his own.
'Calumon helped Renamon Digivolve. But when he passed out his forehead symbol no longer glowed. Guilmon can somehow Digivolve at will,' Henry thought.
"You will have to go through me before you get Takato," Growlmon bodly stated.
"Fine with me. Sonic Club!" Black Ogremon said.
"Pyro Blaster!" Growlmon countered. 'Time to leave the ground behind,' he thought as the Hyper Wings activated again and he took to the air. He scooped up and held Takato close.
"Hey! Come down and fight!" Black Ogremon said.
"Whatever you say," Growlmon said. he dove for Black Ogremon.
Black Ogremon tried a sneaky move. He moved when he thought that Growlmon would slam into the ground. What he didn't expect was for Growlmon to hover and tail whack him. He was sent flying into a sturdy pole. Growlmon's much larger size put greater strength behind the tail whack.
"You haven't beaten me yet," Black Ogremon said weakly.
"I say I have," Growlmon said as the blade beneath his lower arm glowed blue. He flew at Black Ogremon. "Dragon Slash!" he showed as the attack made contact.
Black Ogremon screamed in pain as his body began to dissolve. "You may have defeated me, but my master will destroy you," he said as he completely deleted.
Then something strange happened. The data went into a strange black portal. Then the portal closed. Growlmon took Takato home. Rika, Renamon and Henry and Terriermon also split and went home.
'I wish I knew what keeps rendering you so weak Takato,' Growlmon thought. He arrived home in and hour. He Dedigivolved first before flying through the window. He landed and put Takato on the bed. Once again, he washed and changed Takato. Then the Hyper Wings deactivated.


Well, there's chapter 2. Preview for Chapter 3: Old Enemy, New Time: The Tamers are on edge after hearing what Black Ogremon said before deleting. They worry that this master is more powerful than all of them. The enemy will finally be revealed. Here's one more clue to figuring out who it is: Think about how the black and silver mist came and went. I can't go further because I don't want to give it away. Give it a guess. I'll make sure to congratulate you if you guess correctly.