Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Old Digimon's Vengeance ❯ Old Enemy, New Time ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: A plot to manipulate the bond between Takato and Guilmon started to heat up when Takato began to feel his inner power. The power was so strong, that whoever controlled it could rule the world. The sinister Digimon put tranquilizer particles in the Digital fog that rendered Takato unconscious both times he entered. With the help of Guilmon's mysterious Digivolution, Black Ogremon was deleted.
/ is Takato mental talk
// is all Guilmon's evolutionary stages mental talk
' is thoughts





Chapter 3: Old Enemy, New Time

The Tamers and their Digimon were more stumped then they had ever been so far. None could figure out what left Takato unconscious. Henry and Terriermon were the most analystic so far.
"What do you think is the problem Henry?" Terriermon asked.
"I'm not sure Terriermon. So far, Takato was only in the field for only a few minutes before going unconscious," Hnery responded.
"Maybe it's something inside the field," Terriermon suggested.
"You may be onto something Terriermon," Henry said.
"I am?" Terriermon asked.
"Yes," Henry responded. "Let's pay attention to when Takato starts feeling strange next time."
In Takato's room, Guilmon had to hide in the closet when Takato's parents entered. After they left and closed the door, he came out and resumed his watch. 'Oh Takato, you don't know how much I'm worried about you,' he thought. 'I would give just about anything to find out why you keep fainting.'
Takato awakened the next day. He looked around, but didn't see Guilmon. "Guilmon?" he asked.
"In here Takato," Guilmon whispered loudly from the closet.
Takato was about to ask why Guilmon was in the closet when he heard approaching footsteps. His mother came in. She was very relieved to see Takato awake.
"I spoke with Ms. Asagi over the phone. She told me to tell you that you can take as much time as you need to feel better," Mrs. Matsuda said.
"I don't know what's happening to me mom. I feel find now. Something mysterious keeps making me feel weak," Takato said. "I'm going for a walk." He got dressed after his mother left.
"Can I come out now?" Guilmon asked.
"Yes Guilmon," Takato responded. "What were you doing in there anyway?" he added when Guilmon came out.
"Whenever I heard your parents coming, I hid in the closet so they wouldn't see me," Guilmon responded.
The Hyper Wings activated. Guilmon grabbed Takato and flew out the window. He landed and let go of Takato. Then the Hyper Wings deactivated, and Takato and Guilmon went walking. Henry soon joined them.
"Are you feeling okay Takato?" Henry asked.
"For now Henry," Takato responded.
"Henry and I suspect that something in the Digital Field is making you faint," Terriermon said.
"The only thing weird about the Digital Field is that it's a weird fog bank. The fog has never done anything to me," Takato said.
"You're right. It must be something else," Henry said.
Back in the Digitald World, the sinister Digimon watched Takato, Henry and their Digimon. 'You aren't aware of how close you were to figuring out why you kept fainting Takato. The weird fog is the reason. It may not have affected you in the past, but it does now due to my tranquilizer particles,' he thought.
Elsewhere in the Digital World, a Parrotmon was just flying peacefully through a forest when the silver and black mist overcame it. It then flew through a black portal that appeared as a fogbank in the real world. This time, Takato and Henry were only ten yards away.
"A Digimon is in there," Guilmon growled.
"Let's see what is it this time," Terriermon said.
The others nodded. They were just outside the fog when something caught Guilmon's nose. He smelled the area and found the strange smell coming from the fog.
'Hmm...that fog smells like...a tranquilizer!" Guilmon suddenly thought. Sure enough, he saw Takato start to feel weak.
The Hyper Wings activated again. Guilmon flew Takato out of the fog just in time. He landed outside the fog.
"What's wrong Guilmon?" Henry asked.
"There's some kind of tranquilizer in the fog," Guilmon responded.
"Are you sure? I couldn't smell it," Takato said.
"I can smell it Takato because of my keen sense of smell. That's what left you weak the past two times," Guilmon said.
Then the fog disappeared, revealing the Parrotmon. It didn't waste any time to attack.
"Static Destroyer!" Parrotmon shouted.
Takato, Henry and Guilmon got out of the way in time. The attack hit a tall, wide tree. The tree began to fall.
"Takato, watch out!" Henry shouted.
Takato looked back and saw the tree falling. He tried to run out of the way, but he got his foot caught between the rocks in the ground. He couldn't get his foot out as the tree continued to fall for him. He was so focused on the tree, that he didn't see Guilmon glowing.
"Guilmon Digivolve to...Growlmon!"
Growlmon arched himself over Takato. The tree fell on Growlmon instead, but his enormous size made the tree look like a twig. He removed the tree and put it next to him. Takato had closed his eyes waiting for the tree to crush him. When he didn't feel the tree on him, he opened his eyes. He saw something with a white stomach over him. Then the something moved into a kneeling position. Then Takato got a better look at the creature. It kind of resembled Guilmon.
"Are you all right Takato?" the creature asked.
"Guilmon?" Takato asked.
"It's Growlmon now," the creature responded. "Are you all right?" he added.
"Yes, thanks to you," Takato responded. "But how did you Digivolve?" he added.
"I did it on my own," Growlmon responded.
"But how?" Takato asked.
"I don't know," Growlmon responded. Then he scooped up Takato, quickly got up and sidestepped the oncoming electric attack. His pupils became dots again. He put Takato down and prepared to face Parrotmon.
"Henry, let's help out," Terriermon said.
"You've got it," Henry said, and Terriermon jumped off his shoulder. He took out the Digivolution card and slashed it through his D-arc.
"Terriermon Digivolve to...Gargomon!" Gargomon stood next to Growlmon.
Parrotmon had other things in mind. He flew forward to capture Takato. Growlmon quickly headbutted it. Parrotmon quickly regained it's composure. Suddenly, a Digimon came through a portal instead of a weird fog.
"Oh great, what now?" Gargomon asked.
A Frigimon came completely through the portal. It's normal black eyes were red. This was a clear sign of brainwashing. Parrotmon circled around Growlmon and Gargomon. Growlmon stood in front of Takato, and Gargomon was behind him.
Frigimon came at Gargomon. "Sub-Zero Ice Punch!" he announced as his fist glowed blue.
"Gargo Laser!" Gargomon shouted as he blew Frigimon back.
Gargomon's distraction was all Parrotmon needed to attack. The sneak attack came too quick for Henry to react. Gargomon got blown back into a tree and knocked out cold. Now it was Grolwmon vs. Parrotmon and Frigimon.
"Static..."Parrotmon started to say.
"Fox Tail Inferno!" a voice shouted.
The attack hit dead on, and Parrotmon was stunned.
"Nice of you to come," Growlmon said.
"Glad to be able to help," Kyuubimon said.
In the brief conversaton between them, Frigimon managed to take Takato away.
"Growlmon!" Takato shouted.
Growlmon looked back to see Frigimon taking Takato into a portal. The portal then began to close.
"Oh no you don't!" Growlmon shouted. He ran into the portal before it completely closed.
"Growlmon!" Henry cried.
Kyuubimon helped free Parrotmon of the mist. Parrotmon gave them his thanks and flew into the sky, through a portal in the air. Then that portal closed as well.
"All we can do now is hope that Growlmon will be all right and bring Takato back alive," Rika said.
Meanwhile in the Digital World, Frigimon and Growlmon ended up in the different areas. The sinister Digimon who brought them there took no chances. Growlmon knew he had to find Takato and fast. The Hyper Wings activated, and he took off.
In another area of the Digital World, the brainwashed Frigimon continued on to the sinister Digimon's lair. Takato had given up struggling since it wasn't doing any good. Some of the other Digimon tried to help Takato, but they were Rookies or weak Champions. In other words, Frigimon deleted them.
Back in the real world, a full day has passed already. The Tamers, their Digimon and Takato's parents were very worried. Henry had told them the truth, and they only hoped that Growlmon brought Takato back safely. In the Digital World, Greymon was just patrolling his territory. It suddenly got chilly in the area. He went outside the area and saw a Frigimon. As the Digimon got closer, Greymon saw that its eyes were red.
'It must be brainwashed,' Greymon thought. Upon closer inspection, he saw a familiar boy being held captive. 'It's that boy! I better help him,' he thought.
Frigimon continued on his way. Suddenly, Greymon blocked Frigimon's path.
"Let the boy go," Greymon said.
"Sub-Zero Ice Punch!" Frigimon shouted.
Greymon sidestepped the attack. "Nova Blast!" he shouted.
That attack hit home. Frigimon let go of Takato, but Greymon caught him. Takato saw the strange mist come out of Frigimon. It's eyes became the normal black color.
"What happened?" Frigimon asked.
"That's what we'd like to know," Greymon responded. He looked at the boy in his hand. "Are you all right?" he asked.
"Yes," Takato responded.
"What's your name?" Frigimon asked.
"Takato," Takato responded. "My friend and partner Growlmon is looking for me," he added.
"So, you're that Digimon's Tamer," Greymon said. "It's late. Let's get some sleep. We'll look for your friend in the morning."
Takato nodded and fell asleep in Greymon's hand. Greymohn slowly laid down and closed his hand on Takato. He made sure not to close it too tight or Takato wouldn't be able to breathe. Frigimon laid down as well, and they both fell asleep.
In another part of the Digital World, Growlmon also rested. He would resume his search in the morning. The race against time would really take place in the morning. The sinister Digimon was already on his way to kidnap Takato. The fortunate thing was that the Digimon had a lot of ground to cover. The next morning, Frigimon, Greymon and Takato(riding on Greymon's head) went to search for Grolwmon. Takato wasn't aware that his bond with Growlmon had gotten stronger over the night.
/Oh Growlmon, where are you?/ Takato thought, not realizing that he mentally spoke to Growlmon yet.
Growlmon heard Takato in his mind. He wasn't sure how, but he knew how to respond. //Takato//
'I heard Growlmon in my mind?' Takato thought confused. He found out he knew what to do. /How can we do this?/
//I don't know. We must have a strong bond//
/What should I do?/
//Keep your mind open to me. I'll follow you that way// He continued through the air, but he knew what direction to go in now. 'Don't worry Takato. I'll find you,' he thought.
"Are you okay? You look like you just saw a Bakemon," Frigimon said.
"Huh? Oh, I'm okay. I have a bond with Growlmon. He and I can mentally talk to each other," Takato responded. "I don't know how, but I know how to use this mental link. I'm mentally showing him where we are."
"That's good to hear," Greymon said.
Meanwhile, the Sinister Digimon got closer to where Takato and his two new Digimon friends. He had absorbed Black Ogremon's data because Black Ogremon wouldn't have survived rebirth. Growlmon's attack would've evaporated Black Ogremon if the sinister Digimon didn't act quickly.
'Now you are a part of me my loyal servant,' the Digimon thought. A few hours later, he saw an orange body with blue stripes below. 'Now it's finally time we met boy,' he thought as he came down for a landing.
Meanwhile, Greymon and Frigimon suddenly stopped. They felt a sinister presence nearby.
"What is it Greymon?" Takato asked.
"It's Devimon. He's here," Greymon responded.
"Who's Devimon?" Takato asked.
"I've heard stories of him as a Koromon. He is a powerful Champion-level Digimon as well as a very evil one. I heard that he was defeated by the first group of Digidestined. But he got reborn, more powerful than ever. He may be a Champion, but he is as powerful as a strong Ultimate," Greymon responded.
"I see you heard of me," Devimon said as he landed.
Greymon put his hand where Takato is. Takato got onto Greymon's hand, and Greymon held Takato close to his body.
"You don't stand a chance against me. You might as well hand the boy over," Devimon said.
Takato looked like he did see a Bakemon. Devimon looked likek a demon from his worst nightmares.
"Don't let him get me but don't get hurt," Takato said.
"We won't let him get you Takato," Frigimon said. 'We got to keep Devimon busy until Growlmon arrives,' he thought.
"Oh, but I will get the boy. He has a powerful bond with his Digimon. That power in my hands will give me ultimate power over all, making me unstoppable," Devimon said.
"I'll never let you use my bond for you evil purposes," Takato said.
"Oh, but you'll have no choice in the matter. Enough talk, let's rumble. I'm sure you remember this attack," Devimon said. He closed his hand into a fist(A/N: I don't remember Devimon's attacks either so expect to see my mind at work again).
Takato was confused about what attack Devimon prepared to use. He panicked when he saw Devimon's fist literally fire up. "It's a Blazing Fist attack!" he screamed.
"That's right. Your Digimon forced me to absorb my servant Black Ogremon. Now he is part of me, and I am as strong as the strongest Ultimate. Blazing Fist!" Devimon said as he stretched out his fist.
The attack started out as the size of a fist. But it suddenly quadrupled in size. Greymon and Frigimon were barely able to evade the attack.
"Give up. You barely evaded one of my slower attacks," Devimon said.
"That was one of his slower attacks? It came at us at 30 mph," Takato said.
"Now you're about to be put in the dark for a while. Dark Shadow!" Devimon said.
A black mass began to cover them.
"Oh no you don't! Pyro Blaster!" a familiar voice shouted.
Takato, Greymon, Frigimon and Devimon saw the flame dissolve the shadow attack. They looked up to see Growlmon coming for a landing.
"You won't have Takato," Growlmon said.
"It's good to see you," Greymon said.
"Well, we have a reinforcement. No matter though, he doesn't stand a chance against me," Devimon said.
Greymon handed Takato to Frigimon. "Growlmon and I will see what we can do against Devimon. You keep Takato safe," he said.
Frigimon nodded and put Takato down close to him. They both sat down.
/Get him Growlmon/
//I'll do my best// He then felt more energy go through his body. //Thank you Takato//
/No problem/ He actually didn't slash a card through his D-arc. He physically gave Growlmon energy through their bond.
Devimon somehow felt Takato's use of the bond. He smirked to himself. 'The time is now,' he thought. He flew into the air faster than the naked or Digimon eye could follow.
"Where is he?" Takato asked. He soon got his answer.
"Dark Energy Prison!" Devimon announced.
Before Greymon or Growlmon could react, they, Frigimon and Takato were shrouded in darkness. Greymon tried a Nova Blast, but it was absorbed into the darkness. The same thing happened when Growlmon used his Pyro Blaster. Then, both attacks came right back at them; however, they used Nova Blast and Pyro Blaster to cancel out the reflected attacks.
"As you just witnessed, your attacks are futile. Once my Dark Energy Prison traps my foes, they're trapped until I take it off. And don't bother trying to sniff me out Growlmon because my dark energy blocks out your keen sense of smell," Devimon said.
"He's right guys. I can't smell him," Growlmon said.
It goes without saying that what happened next caught Takato and his three Digimon friends off guard. A dark hand grabbed Takato's shoulder and quickly pulled him out of the prison.
"Takato!" Greymon, Growlmon and Frigimon cried.
Growlmon banged on the prison. It was futile however. "We've got to get out of here," he said.
"How can we?" Frigimon asked.
//Takato, if you can hear me, I need your help to break out of this prison//
/Here Growlmon, good luck/
Growlmon felt the massive increase of energy. He roared and Pyro Blasted his way out. The dark prison shattered like glass.
"Well done Growlmon," Greymon said.
"I've got to save Takato," Growlmon said.
The Hyper Wings sprouted from his back. He flew into the sky.
"Good luck," Greymon and Frigimon said.
Growlmon sped off after Devimon. Now that Growlmon was no longer in the prison, he could easily smell Devimon's trail. He followed his nose. Takato also gave him a mental picture of his area. An hour later, Devimon reached Mt. Infinity.
"Now your bond shall be mine," Devimon said. He put Takato down. "To make sure you don't try to get away, Dark Parasites!" he added.
The parasites formed on Takato. Takato began to feel weak. He soon passed out. Fortunately, Growlmon was still on Devimon's trail. He felt Takato getting very weak.
'Hang on Takato," Growlmon thought.
Meanwhile, Takato began to feel another effect of the parasites. He felt drained of energy. /Hurry Growlmon/
//Hold on Takato. I'm almost there// A few minutes later, he arrived at Mt. Infinity. He immediately saw Takato covered in parasites. 'I've got to aim this right. If I don't, I'll hurt Takato," he thought.
"I'd like to see how you'll help your friend. I'm impressed that you got out of my prison," Devimon said.
Growlmon got into a 45 degree angle of Takato. "Pyro Blaster!" he announced. This time, he had it focused.
The parasites burned to nothing, and Takato's energy was restored.
"Very impressive. But I'm willing to get what I want in whatever way it takes," Devimon said. He pushed Takato off the cliff side of the mountain.
Growlmon sprouted the Hyper Wings and dove after Takato. He managed to get under Takato. Takato fell onto Growlmon's shoulder, and Growlmon flew back up.
"Are you all right?" Growlmon asked.
"I am now thanks to you," Takato responded. "But how are we going to get out of here?" he added.
Growlmon thought very hard. He visioned a portal leading back to the real world. Amazingly, a blue portal appeared. Growlmon flew through it and came out in the real world. They were in the park. Henry, Rika, their Digimon and Takato's parents were just sitting down when Growlmon touched down. The others turned around and saw them as Growlmon put Takato on the ground.
"Takato! Oh, thank goodness you're safe," Mrs. Matsuda said. She ran and gave Takato a fierce hug.
"If it wasn't for Growlmon, Greymon and Frigimon, I wouldn't be here," Takato said.
"Frigimon kidnapped you," Rika said.
"Because he was brainwashed. Greymon found me and freed Frigimon. Then they helped me until Growlmon found me," Takato said.
"We found out who Black Ogremon served," Growlmon said.
"Who?" Renamon asked.
Takato and Growlmon took turns telling them about Devimon and what happened in their encounter with him.
"So how long has it been?" Takato asked.
"Six months," Henry responded.
"Six months! I've been gone only a couple of days," Takato said.
"That's because we were in the Digital World. Time passes much slower there," Growlmon explained. He and Takato found an isolated area and sat down.
Takato leaned against Growlmon's leg. They just sat that way while watching the birds and other animals frolick around.



Well, here's the end of Chapter 3. I worked on it little by little for two weeks, but now it's out right? I hope that some of you were able to guess that the mysterious Digimon was Devimon. If you were thrown off guard a little by seeing that Takato and Guilmon would mentally talk to one another, I hope that now you can see why. Preview for Chapter 4: Inside Danger: Hypnos is just working on an ordinary scientifical experiment. They try to clone a Digimon that they've seen on the show. But something goes horribly wrong, and it almost blows up the building. The Tamers face and experiment gone wild.

Oh, and what did you think about saying that Takato looked like he saw a Bakemon? I was trying to be a little creative because Bakemon do look like ghosts.