Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ An Old Digimon's Vengeance ❯ Inside Danger ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: The Tamers and their Digimon were stumped about why Takato kept fainting. The next day, Takato, Henry and Terriermon found out the reason. Guilmon told them that he smelled tranquilizer in the fog. A heated battle with Parrotmon ended up with Frigimon kidnapping Takato. Growlmon followed but ended up in a completely different part of the Digital World. Through a discovered bond, he was able to find Takato. Black Ogremon's master turned out to be the sinister Devimon, sworn enemy to the first group of Digidestined.
/ is Takato mental talk
// is all of Guilmon's evolutionary stages mental talk
' is thoughts






Chapter 4: Inside Danger

The Tamers and their Digimon enjoyed a lovely afternoon in the park. Takato's parents went home. Now that Takato was back safe, they trusted him to Growlmon. Speaking of Growlmon, he and Takato were still off in an isolated area of the park. For the most part, they sat in silence. An hour later, Growlmon finally broke the silence.
"Takato, I've been thinking. Maybe Devimon was the one who put the tranquilizer in the fog," Growlmon said.
"What makes you say that Growlmon?" Takato asked.
"The second time you fainted, Black Ogremon said that the reason why you fainted was for him to know, and us to find out. When I defeated him, he said his master would destroy us. We found otu that Devimon was Black Ogremon's master," Growlmon responded.
"That's a very good point Growlmon," Takato said.
By late afternoon, the other Tamers had gone home. That left Takato and Growlmon sitll at the park. Growlmon watched the ducks swim in the lake.
"Maybe we should go ho..," Growlmon started to say before he looked at Takato.
Takato leaned against Growlmon, fast asleep. Growlmon smiled and scooped up Takato.
//Let's get you home Takato. You've had quite a day, and I can feelt that you're very exhausted//
/Okay/ he mentally smiled.
Growlmon smiled before spreading his wings and taking off. It had gotten dark fairly quickly. Growlmon looked down and gasped in awe. He had never seen such a beautiful sight.
//I know you're tired Takato, but you have to see this//
Takato opened his eyes and looked down. He looked on in speechless awe. The city was lit up like a Christmas tree. The city was an incredible sight by itself, but seeing it lit up made it look that much more incredible. Unfortunately, Takato fell asleep after only five minutes because he was still very exhausted.
Growlmon arrived home half an hour later. He landed and retracted his wings. He Dedigivolved before using his tail to knock on the door. Mrs. Matsuda let him in. She was concerned when she noticed Takato.
"Is he all right?" Mrs. Matsuda asked.
"Yes Mrs. Matsuda, he's fine. He's just really tired after all that's happened today," Guilmon responed, carrying Takato to his[Takato's] room. He laid Takato on the bed before yawning himself. He was also pretty tired from what happened.
/Guilmon/
//Yes Takato//
/I want to sleep on the floor with you/
//Okay// He picked up Takato and gently placed him on the floor. He laid down himself and went to sleep.
Meanwhile at Hypnos, the scientists were working on what started as a routine cloning experiment. They've managed to somehow to get data samples from all the deleted Digimon. Unlike the data that the Digimon are made of, this cloned creature was going to be flesh and blood. Normally, this would be impossible, but the scientists put human DNA into the procedure. The human DNA into the procedure. The human DNA completely replaced the data. Now all that was needed was to decide what Digimon to clone.
"Let's clone the one called Gorillamon," Yamaki said.
The cloning process took place. The legs formed first. An hour later, the slow process was complete. Except for the gun, the clone looked like a real gorilla. It had dark brown fur.
"Excellent, the cloning was a success," Yamaki said.
That was when everything went wrong. The flesh and blood Gorillamon easily broke the glass by just punching it with his gun arm. Then he blasted the lab with his gun. Everyone scrambled to get out of his way.
"Seal off all exits!" Yamaki ordered.
The Gorillamon made quick work of the lab door. Then he ran out the destroyed door. That put him in firing range at the main generator. He smirked and aimed his gun at it.
"Oh no you don't!" Yamaki said. He fired a warning shot at Gorillamon's feet.
Gorillamon stopped and blasted a window. He knew that he could easily be killed in his new form. He quickly climbed down and went anyone because this Gorillamon had unlimited fire power. The Hypnos scientists installed a program in the gun that gave it unlimited power. Another whammy was that the program was one of their few irreversible programs.
Gorillamon stuck to the shadows of the alleys. Meanwhile in Takato's house, Takato and Guilmon slept peacefully in the floor. Guilmon sitll had his arms securely around Takato. Guilmon's eyes snapped open and went viral. He slowly got up and placed Takato on the bed. He walked over to the window and jumped out. He spread his wings and flew above the house.
He circled around the house. 'A strange Digimon is here. I know it,' he thought as he continued to slowly circle the house in search of the intruder.
Little did he know, the Digimon was already inside the house. Takato woke up to the sound of heavy breathing.
He looked to see that he was in the bed. He looked to his right to see an intruder not too far from the bed.
"Aaahhh! Who are you?" Takato screamed.
The Gorillamon aimed and prepared to fire at Takato. Takato jumped out of the bed and ran for the door. Gorillamon opened fire and accurately struck Takato's leg three times. Takato screamed in pain and slammed to the ground. Everyone inside heard the scream and raced to Takato's room. Gorillamon put the desk behind the door to prevent Takato's parents from getting in. Mr. Matsuda tried to open the door, but something kept it from opening. He felt something heavy behind the door.
"There's something against the door," Mr. Matsuda said.
"What are we going to do?" Mrs. Matsuda asked.
"Allow me," a voice responded.
Mr. and Mrs. Matsuda looked back to see Guilmon standing there. They moved so he could get to the door. Guilmon walked to within his arm length of the door. His paw glowed white.
"Rock Breaker!" he shouted, thrusting his fist into the door.
The door splintered, and the desk split in two halves. Guilmon's eyes turned viral again and be charged into the room. Mrs. Matsuda turned on the light. She, her husband and Guilmon got a good look at the creature. It was a gorilla with a gun for a right hand.
"Takato!" Guilmon cried a few moments afterwards. He ran and stood beside his friend. He then roared in pain. He was so focused on the intruder, that he didn't feel the pain in his left leg until now. He and Takato were physically bonded, meaning he could feel Takato's pain.
"What's wrong Guilmon?" Mr. Matsuda asked.
"Takato's hurt. I can feel his pain," Guilmon painfully responded.
Gorillamon took this as an advantage and hit Takato's already beaten leg. Takato and Guilmon screamed/roared in pain.
'I've got to focus. I can't help Takato if I'm in pain,' Guilmon thought. He cleared his mind of the pain and began to recover.
Amazingly, Takato also began to recover. The bullets popped out of his leg, and the wound began to close up. A few minutes later, Takato's leg had fully healed.
"Thanks Guilmon," Takato said as he stood up.
"Anytime Takato," Guilmon said. He turned his attention back to Gorillamon. "Time for you to leave," he growled. He tail whacked Gorillamon into the window.
"It's going to take more than that you red lizard," Gorillamon said. "You think that a Rookie like you can defeat a Champion like me?"
"I'd say you're a chump," Takato said.
Gorillamon growled angrily. "You dare insult me?" he angrily asked.
"No duh you big furball," Takato responded defiantly.
"Why don't we take this battle outside ugmo," Guilmon said.
"Gladly. I'll take care of you and then I'll kill your friend," Gorillamon said.
Takato got his D-arc and Modify cards. Gorillamon jumped out of the window. Takato got on Guilmon's back, and Guilmon jumped from the window. Takato got off Guilmon's back and prepared to help.
"Gattling Arm!" Gorillamon shouted, letting his bullets fly.
Guilmon ran to the side to dodge the attack. "Takato, we need to end this battle quickly," he said, still growling.
"I've got just the thing to have this mutate running scared," Takato said. He pulled out a Mega Seadramon card. "Digi Modify! Mega Seadramon's Lightning Javelin activate!"
Guilmon began to gather electrical energy. The energy formed into a lightning spear. Guilmon took the lightning spear and aimed it at Gorillamon.
"Lightning Javelin!" Guilmon shouted as he threw the spear.
Takato was right about one thing. The attack did make Gorillamon run scared. Guilmon grabbed Takato, spread his wings and flew back into Takato's room. He then placed Takato on the bed.
"Sorry about the door," Guilmon said.
"It's no problem Guilmon. You saved my life," Takato said. He then went back to sleep.
Guilmon fell asleep next to Takato's bed. Meanwhile, a Hypnos agent had made it back to headquarters. The he told Yamaki everything. Yamaki had a very grim look on his face after hearing the story.
"We've got to destroy our out of control creation before it kills people. That young boy is fortunate to have a loyal Digimon friend," Yamaki said.
The rest of the night went without incident. It was a different story late the next morning. Gorillamon was on the prowl again. He had only one thing in mind, revenge. He felt very angry because Takato and Guilmon made a fool out of him. Takato was at school right now. Guilmon was close by in the bushes. He wouldn't take any chances. He knew that Gorillamon would be back. He smelled Renamon and looked behind him.
"May I ask why are you here?" Renamon asked.
"Last night, a strange-looking Digimon came to Takato's room. It shot him in the leg. If I had known it was already inside, I wouldn't have gone outside looking for it. Takato are linked so I felt his pain. I helped him recover by not focusing on the pain. The Digimon and I went outside for a battle, but Takato ended used a Mega Seadramon card on me to make the Digimon run," Guilmon responded. "But I fear that it will be back," he added.
"And you think that it will come here?" Renamon asked.
"Yeah. One thing any monkey is good at is sniffing. It will probably track him here," Guilmon responded. His eyes went viral the moment he stopped talking.
"It's here isn't it?" Renamon asked.
"Yes," Guilmon growled in response.
"Let's stop it before it causes chaos," Renamon said.
It was too late for that because Gorillamon blasted a few windows open. The very bad news is that those were the windows of Takato's class.
"What is that?" Rika asked.
"That's a strange-looking Gorillamon," Henry responded. He saw that it looked straight at Takato. "Why is it looking at you Takato?" he asked.
"I'll explain later," Takato responded. "Guilmon!" he called.
"Here Takato!" Guilmon shouted before tackling Gorillamon. "This fight doesn't involve Takato so leave him alone," he added.
Everyone except Takato, Rika and Henry were amazed. "Takato and this monster know each other?" they all asked.
"Guilmon is my friend," Takato responded.
"Gattling Arm!" Gorillamon shouted.
"Not so fast furball. Diamond Storm!" Renamon said.
The Diamond Storm completely negated Gorillamon's attack. Gorillamon saw an open shot to get Guilmon. He charged at Guilmon. Guilmon expected another Gattling Arm, which left his right leg wide open. He had his leg straight out, and Gorillamon struck it hard with his gun arm. Guilmon roared in pain when he felt the gun hit his shin.
"Aaahhh!" Takato screamed, grabbing his right shin. 'Guilmon helped me get rid of my injury. Now it's time I returned the favor,' he thought. His determination to defeat Gorillamon overwhelmed his pain, and he recovered.
Guilmon also recovered. "Thanks Takato," he said. He looked at the now confused Gorillamon. "Takato and I share a true link. True we can feel each other's pain, but we can also heal each other. Pyro Sphere!"
Gorillamon got blasted back for miles. He was halfway out of the city before the Pyro Sphere lost all it's energy. Back at the school, Takato told everyone everything from the beginning to now.
"You have a lot of guts to keep coming in your situation," Ms. Asagi said.
"Yeah, but I'm concerned for everyone now. I think I should stay away from here for a while for the safety of the school," Takato said.
"Your request is granted Takato. We understand your concern," the principal said. "You can return when Devimon and that freak of nature are defeated."
Takato nodded gratefully. Guilmon spread his wings, scooped Takato up and flew off. They arrived home and told Takato's parents what happened.
"We're proud of your decision. You're doing the right thing to think of everyone else before yourself in this situation," Mr. Matsuda said.
"You're maturing so fast in this kind of situation," Mrs. Matsuda agreed.
"Thanks mom and dad," Takato said smiling. He then answered the ringing phone. "Hello," he asked.
"Hey Takato, it's Henry. Can you meet Terriermon and me and Guilmon's dugout? We need to talk about what we're going to do about that strange Gorillamon," Henry said.
"Aren't you still at school?" Takato asked.
"The principal asked Rika and me to help you . He's given us permission to take as long as we need to help you out of your situation. So Rika, Renamon, Terriermon and I will be ready, willing and able to help you. In other words, we are out of school as long as you are," Henry responded.
"All right Henry. Bye," Takato said before hanging up. "Henry wants me to meet up with him."
"Go meet him son," his parents said.
Takato nodded, and he and Guilmon walked our of the house. They walked to the dugout and arrived half an hour later. They saw Henry and Terriermon already there.
"Rika had something to do with her family," Henry said.
Takato nodded.
"On my way home, some guy in a black suit stopped me. He told me that his name was Yamaki. He also told me that the scientists at the place called Hypnos worked on cloning a Gorillamon. But this Gorillamon was basically a real gorilla because the scientists put DNA into it. He wants you and Guilmon to continue being careful," Henry said.
"That explains why it was really scared of the lightning attack," Guilmon said.
"It does doesn't it Guilmon?" Terriermon asked.
"It does," Takato agreed. "We got to find a way to stop Gorillamon though."
Halfway in the city, Gorillamon had recovered from Guilmon's attack. "I've had all I can take from that big red lizard. He's roadkill the next time we meet," he said in frustration. He began to make his way back. He was incredibly fast for a mutated Digimon. Meanwhile, Growlmon and Takato cruised through the air. Guilmon had Digivolved as soon as he and Takato left the dugout. They had peace for two hours. Then Growlmon hovered in place, his eyes going viral.
"What's wrong Growlmon?" Takato asked.
"Energy Cannon!" a voice shouted from a nearby skyscraper.
The attack hit Growlmon in the back. He was more stunned than hurt. Unfortunately, Takato got knocked off Growlmon's back. Growlmon tried to save Takato, but Gorillamon launched another Energy Cannon. Growlmon dodged.
'I have to get to Takato,' Growlmon thought.
"I've had enough of you," Gorillamon said.
"Can't say I don't feel the same about you," Growlmon said. He then spotted helicopters coming. He knew that help arrived. "Glad you guys could make it."
"Where's your friend?" Yamaki asked frm inside one of the helicopters.
"He fell into the forest," Growlmon responded.
"We'll handle out creation. You look for your friend Takato," Yamaki said.
Growlmon nodded and flew into the forest to look for Takato. Takato had fallen into the heart of the forest. Luckily, the tree branches broke his fall and also preventing a serious injury.
"Well, I'll be better off staying here. Growlmon will be better off in finding me if I do," Takato said. He looked up to see a lot of trees blocking his vision. 'Only one thing can help Growlmon find me,' he thought. /Growlmon, can you hear me?/
//Yes Takato. Are you all right?//
/I'm all right Growlmon/
//Where are you?//
/Follow my mental signal and you'll find me/
Growlmon felt the signal and followed it. The trees slowed hm down quite a bit. He Pyro Blasted his way through. By using his Pyro Blaster to clear the way, he quickly found Takato. He lowered himself to the ground so Takato could quickly get on. Takato got on Growlmon's back, and Growlmon flew off. They headed back to where Gorillamon was. Gorillamon held his own pretty well against the Hypnos agents. The agents were forced to remain defensive because Gorillamon's speed to attack. Two helicopters have been shot down, causing a fatal crash.
"We made the mistake of infusing this clone with an army man's DNA. It fights a lot better than us," Yamaki said.
Gorillamon held his own for an hour so far. Then he saw a huge opening. One of the helicopters had gotten into his firing range. The pilot never knew that she got dangerously close up on his firing range. He took careful aim.
"Energy Cannon!" Gorillamon shouted.
The pilot saw the attack comming but she couldn't maneuver around it in time.
"Stop that attack Growlmon!" a voice shouted.
"Pyro Blaster!" another voice shouted.
A stream of fire collided with the energy attack. The explosion created a small shockwave. The Hypnos agents saw Growlmon. As Growlmon got closer, they could see Takato on his back. Growlmon picked up Takato and put him into the helicopter that had Yamaki in it. Then he prepared to face Gorillamon.



And here's where I'll end it. Well, I'm back at school now so that means I'll work on my chapters when I can and try to update them as soon as I can. Anyway, preview for Chapter 5: Outside Trouble: Growlmon and Gorillamon face off. But an outside factor comes to help Gorillamon, which forces Growlmon to back off. And Gorillamon can become data again? What's up with that? You'll have to find out.