Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ Tanamar ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]


Izzy,Davis,Matt, and King and Queen Inoue slipped by the guards and out of the castle. As they were about to leave Matt thought he heard a voice.

"Did anyone else hear that?" Matt questioned straining to hear again

"I did" Izzy joined in walking around as if looking for something

"What is it?" Davis asked very impatient and worried about staying too long.

Matt walked over towards the castle again but on the way sticking up from the ground was a mound. Kicking it he received loud voices.

"Stop kicking it you over grown dust!! We won't tell you anything you'll have to kill all of us first!! And I doubt you want to do that!!!"

"Who said that?!?!" Queen Inoue shreaked

Matt took his sword that he had retrieved on the way out and busted the lock on the little wooden door leading into the mound. Kicking the door open he saw some stairs.

"Who is in here?" he called

Slowly soldiers began to walk up the stairs and upon seeing Matt they dropped to their knees.

"Your Majesty!!" The General smiled and fell to his knees " We feared you and her Majesty dead! Oh thank heavens you are alive!"

"John!!" Matt smiled, John was a child hood friend of Matt's and when Matt had married Sora John worked his way to be General of Takenouchi's Army so he could be closer to his buddy.

John stood up and he and Matt hugged.

"Sire where is your brother?? Is he alright? And her Majesty??"

"It's alright John Tk is still in the castle and Sora is with Mimi in the hidden town under the castle."

"Oh thank goodness they made it. Your Majesty, Lord Izzy, your wives are very stubborn. Please don't be angry with me but I tried to get them into the hidden town but they refused to go until they were absolutely sure that everyone that was alive was in there. I had to leave but they said they would head down there I feared they may not have made it."

"Mimi was always the one that didn't like orders much" Izzy smiled

"Well we should leave" Davis pushed "Before someone notices!! They are headed to the throne room they will be looking for us soon"

"He's right let us go, wait how many of there are you down there"

"About half the army your majesty, they took us prisoner. Inoue soldiers are locked up on the other side of the castle and the Kamiya soldiers were taken deep into the castle."

"We shall get them when we return, Come on men back to our Kingdom" Matt ordered

All the soldiers ran out of the hidden prison and followed their General as they carefully made their way into the forest.

Inside the Castle....

Tk ran down the halls as fast as his legs would carry him.

Flash Back.....
The three had come to a group of dirt soldiers obviously aware of their missing companions. They were just about to report the incident to Destruction when Tai,Ken, and Tk dropped from the ceiling and attacked them.
Being as quiet as they could they took their swords (that they had retrieved before finding the guards) and sliced each guard. However one managed to start running away. Tk had seen it and started after the dirt claud.

Back to Tk running....

He was gaining on ugly and he could of swore he saw the dirt claud sweating when he turned to see how close Tk was. Smiling Tk jumped and tackeled the run away to the ground.

"You weren't planning on telling your boss of our escape now were you?" Tk smiled

The thing looked at him in silence.

"I thought so" Tk stabbed the dirt guard and it turned into dust without a sound

'Are those things real or just some dirt under a spell??' Tk questioned in his head

Tk stood up and looked around to see where he was. His eyes widened when he heard Kari scream and realized he was right infront of the throne room.

"No guards? That's strange?" Tk said walking closer to the door careful not make a sound. Leaning in he heard Kari again.

In Throne Room......

"No!! You'll have to kill me!!!" she screamed

"That can be arranged princess so be careful what you say! Now tell me where Tanamar is and I will set you free"

"I would rather die" she growled

Screaming in rage the once honest Warrior of Hope threw Kari to the ground.

The King and Queen had long since been dragged and thrown into the prison with their soldiers out front. Now it was just Kari and Destruction.

A smirk crossed the evil ones face, a smirk that sent shivers down Kari's spine.

"Perhaps you would prefer I return to questioning your precious Knight"

Kari's eyes widened but still she remained silent.

"You do remember his condition don't you? He's practically dead" The warrior laughed

Kari's eyes watered but standing her ground she continued glaring at the faltered knight.

" I suppose he won't be more cooperative but I'll at least try. If at all I can kill him and get one pest out of the way"

"No!!"

"Ahhh I hit a button hahahaha well your hinese let's talk more about this in the dungeon with your beloved!!" he screamed his blood practically boiling.

Grabbing Kari he sharply jerked her up off the ground and drug her staggering towards the throne room door.

"I'm sure he will be pleased to see you" he said opening the doors

Before the evil Warrior could react a foot hit his stomach like a flash of lighting and a fist overflowing with anger sent him flying to the floor, sliding on the red carpet.

"WHAT IS GOING ON!!!?!?!" Destruction demanded standing up
But no one was there to answer. Running to the hall he searched but saw nothing.

"I'll find you Knight I know it is you!!!" with that he began sprinting down the hall and turning the corner he broke out into an all out run, determined to find Tk.

About five minutes passed and then a door silently twisted and Tk jumped from the ceiling with Kari in his arms.

"Thank goodness for that secret hiding place" Tk smiled

Kari still just sat in his arms stunned beyond belief.

"Tk??" she squeaked trying not to raise her voice

"Yes your majesty I'm sorry I would have arrived here sooner but I..."

Tk was cut off as Kari wrapped her arms around his neck and brought her lips to his silencing him.

Just then a thud was heard and the two sprung apart and turned to see Ken and Tai dusting themselves off struggling to stand up.

"You know how I told Mom that those passageways in the ceilings were a bad idea? I changed my mind! We have an entire town up there! And no one will find us!" Tai smiled

Ken just chuckled.

"We should leave before we are found" Tk pointed out still holding his firm grip on Kari.

"He's right let's get out of here" Ken said already practically leaping for the door.

The four as silent as the wind made their way into the hallway and were just about to turn the corner when pure liquid black slithered over everything, then nothing but silence as Kari's scream faded.....

The Takenouchi Army practically rode the wind throw the forest. In a hurry to see his wife Matt led his army side by side with his long time friend Izzy. John and Davis led the army swiftly through the forest trying to keep up with the determined King and his advisor. Matt's feet slipped and he fell with a thud when his eyes fell upon his battered and burning kingdom. Izzy's knees buckled and he fell to the ground.

Raising his arm John halted the army, signaling everyone to catch their breath. King and Queen Inoue had surprisingly kept up with everyone and were desperately atempting to catch their breath.

Like a flood the water rapidly flew to Matt's eyes at the thought of what had happened. Had it not been for Izzy's hand he would have emotionally cracked right there on the ground. Still determined to find their wives Izzy and Matt made a sad attempt to stand. Locking their arms the two men stood and managed to start staggering into the castle. Watching in disbelief everyone slowly began to follow the two determined husbands.

A few minutes later the two were able to now stand on their own two feet and were on their way down the stairs when a blood curtling scream rushed through the castle as fast as the wind.

Panic rushed through the two mens veins as they dared a glance to eachother then once again broke into a sprint sliding down the rails of the stairs the sweat rushing down their wet skin faster than they were running.
As the distance to the hiden town shrunk they had gained about 5 minutes on the Takenouchi Army rushing to their aid. Continuing their sprint down the dirt hall to the room leading to the hidden town they could hear faint sounds of metal against metal.

The sudden vision of a sword ripping through Mimi's soft skin sent Izzy bounding about 20 feet in front of Matt. As the room came into view Izzy and Matt's heart jumped into their throats.

A horrible nightmare come true. There in the middle of the dimly lit room Yolei,Mimi, and Sora stood back to back in a circle thrusting their swords at the dirt soldiers. Dust would fill the room every 5 seconds or so but there always seemed to be more walking mounds of earth and the two men could see the ladies strength leaving them and fast.

Just as Matt was about to run to his wives aid her sword shook and hit the ground with a loud clatter. The sound ringing down the halls followed by Matt's pained scream by the sight before him. Mimi turned to help her friend but to no avail, she was too late.

"NO!!!!!!SORA!!!!!!!" the anguish was heard loud and clear as the cold hard metal flew in the direction of Sora's stomach. Sora's eyes widened and filled with tears at the sight of her husband. Blowing him a kiss she knew she couldn't dodge in her condition and with the amount of time. Closing her eyes the sick sound of the impact of skin and metal meeting rang through the small room.

The small droplets of water hit the dirt flowing like a river from the red head's eyes.

"MIMI!!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!OH NO MIMI!!!!!!!!!!"

Kamiya Throne Room.....

Tk rubbed his head and shook himself pushing himself up off the ground.

"What happened?" he asked outloud

Standing he looked around the room, black electricity was bouncing off the walls everywhere. Kari,Tai, and Ken were all trying to stand up and recover from the blow. Turning around Tk saw the Warrior glaring at Tk.

"Knight!! You and I need to talk!!!" bringing his hand forward a pillar of black energy sent Tk flying to the end of the hall.

"Tk!!!!!" Kari screamed

Destruction laughed and walked past the shocked Princess.

"Now! You!" he said glaring at the once again injured Tk.

His shirt once again was turning a darker red. The blast had hit him so hard it reopened the delicate wound.
Tk gritted his teeth and propped himself against the door frame to the throne room.

"WHERE IS TANAMAR!!!" The warrior shot a powerful blast at Tk again sending him into the throne and skidding on the hard cold floor.

The warrior laughed and slammed the doors behind him as he walked into the throne room after Tk.

"TK!!!!" Kari struggled to her feet and ran to the door " Oh TK!!!" Kari screamed pounding the door.

Ken and Tai were right on her trail. Ken drew his sword and began to chop at the wooden doors.

Inside the Throne Room.....

Tk used the edge of the thrones to pull himself up and into one of the chairs. Sitting down he caught his breath.

"So knight of Hope where is my sword!! You are pathetic! I was once like you, willing to die for the peace of the land. However I soon realized I was wasting my time. I joined with the darkness and destruction and look at my enormous power."

Tk pushed himself up and staggered closer to the forgotten warrior and spit at his feet.

Ignoring that little action destruction continued.

"Give me Tanamar and join me! Together we can rule this land!"

"Why would I want to do that! How many would you kill on your way to ruling!! I do no want any part of that! Besides why me?!"

"Because you have potential power. I know you have Tanamar I can feel it and only my decendents are aloud to touch that sword because of the massive amounts of power it has."

"Related to you?!?!"

"Surprised now aren't we my young knight" The warrior smiled

"Now give me Tanamar and end this frivelous disobedience!"

Tk staggered backwards his hand on Tanamar

"I would rather die" he growled

"THAT CAN BE ARRANGED YOU INSOLENT FOOL!! I HAVE LOST ALL PATIENCE WITH YOU!"
The forgotten warrior became engulfed in darkness and his eyes began to glow red.

Tk grabbed the sign and was about to throw Tanamar out the window hoping it would give him some time before it fell into Destructions hands.

As Tk was preparing to throw the sign molded into a sword, right there in his hands! Tk was stunned to say the least and stood there dumbfounded for a minute. Then he gasped and did a double time when the sword began to glow a bright gold. The gold light rushed up the sword and onto Tk's hands. Then before Tk could react the golden light covered his body. The light replaced his old battered armor with that of an ancient warrior. He had a gold plated breast plate and so on. And with this light came a swarm of overflowing energy. His shoulder stopped bleeding and the cut healed.

Just as Tk looked up the throne room doors burst open and Ken jerked his sword out of the door as Tai picked himself off the floor. Kari stood there shocked at the new Tk.
Tk could have sworn for a split second he saw fear in his opponents eyes but as soon as it came it disappeared with the breeze.