Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Break the Mirror. ❯ Part.1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: Don't own Digimon. Good thing.

Warnings: Kensuke or maybe Daiken. Dunno just yet. Kinda darkish in the beginning.

PM: I'm in one of my moods again.

It had begun on Daisuke's fourteenth birthday.

* - * - *

" Come on, Daisuke! We're all going into the fun house! " Kari called out cheerfully to her burgundy haired teammate.

The red head wasn't even paying attention to her. He was too busy staring off into the blue sky with blank eyes. When her voice broke into his silent, fractured thoughts, the boy cast an annoyed scowl at her and followed after her and the rest of the younger digidestined. Ken placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

" Dai, is something wrong? " The indigo haired boy asked.

Daisuke forced back his annoyance, if only for Ken, and shook his head, " No, Ken, I'm perfectly fine. Let's go before we loose sight of the others. "

Ken knew his best friend was lying between his perfect white teeth, but didn't press the matter. Lately, Daisuke had been acting differently from the boy Ken knew. The red head had grown moodier and sometimes, like just now, he would stare off for hours on end, god only knowing what the boy was thinking. Ken wished Daisuke would just tell him. He hated it when Daisuke wasn't smiling. It was one of his features; his smiling face, his laughter lighting up his chocolate eyes. Eyes you could see into his very soul.

" Okay, Dai, but you know you can tell me if something's bothering you, you know, " Ken said.

" I just didn't want to come, that's all, " Daisuke replied as the two entered the dark fun house.

" No? "

" Hai. I just wanted to be by myself and think. Alone. Not be dragged around some place like a dog on a lease, " Daisuke said as the two moved through the first room.

" Even from me? " Ken asked quietly, sneaking a peek at the boy he had been in love with even as the Kaizer.

Daisuke looked at the boy, his dark eyes almost seeming to glow in the lights. He reached out and touched Ken's cheek softly.

" No, Ken. You are never a bother. You allow me to be me, not seeking or asking that you think I ought to give, " Daisuke replied with a gentle smile, the storms in his eyes pushed back, but still hovering about, like dark clouds before the storm breaks.

Ken blushed from the red head's touch and softly leaned into the warm palm. Daisuke broke out into a bright smile and tapped the other's shoulder.

" Tag! You're it! " He said and dashed off.

" That's not fair, Motomiya! " Ken protested and took off after his friend. Daisuke's laughter answered back in the dark.

Ken followed behind as best he could in the dark. The path led him into the room of mirrors. He saw the images of the others leaving the room ahead. He stepped in and dozens of himselves stared back at him. Ken looked about, trying to find his way through the maze of glass. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Daisuke standing in the middle of a circle of mirrors, staring at his images. Ken was about to rush forward and claim his victory of the game when he happened to notice something in Daisuke's hand. A hammer left behind when one the employees had done some recent repairs. Ken took a few steps back and watched as Daisuke walked up to one of his images and placed a hand on the cool glass. His eyes scared Ken; they were cold and distant. Suddenly Daisuke raised the hammer and brought it down upon the glass.

The sheet shattered into a million pieces, not even hitting the ground before Daisuke turned around with an angry cry, turning on the mirrors behind him. Ken watched with horror as Daisuke reduced the entire maze of mirrors to a room full of nothing yelling all the while in rage. The broken piece shinned back up at Daisuke and Ken, showing shattered images of both boys; one with fear upon his face and the other looking horrible satisfied.

Daisuke rested the hammer upon his shoulder, looking over his handy work. He had yet to notice Ken. The red head wore an eerie, pleased smile upon his face as he caught his breath. Daisuke tossed the hammer aside.

" That's enough venting for today, " was all he said and walked out of the room.

Ken stayed behind, too shocked to move.

' Why did he… What is going on? Why the hell did Daisuke do this? ' Ken thought to himself.