Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Break the Mirror. ❯ Part. 2. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: Still don't own.

Warnings: moving on from fluff to the heavier stuff. Heh-heh.

Ken: PM, whip your drool.

PM: Gomen.

Ken's POV~ trying som'thing new.

I was really worried for Daisuke. Ever since the day I saw him break those mirrors, I've been watching him even more. Uno… did I say more? Oops. Oh, well, he's freaking gorgeous and if anyone can't see that then they need glasses!! Anyhoo…

I had promised Daisuke I would come watch his soccer meet today at his school, but first I needed to talk to Jun. I knew she would be home 'cause as much as she loves her brother, soccer isn't her scene. Hopefully this wouldn't take too long, 'cause then I could dash over to Dai-chan's game and watch him win. He just loves to show off his skills and, hopefully, he likes to show off for me. Taking a fast train over to Odiaba's, I raced up the steps to Daisuke's apartment and ring the bell. Jun answers and from the expression on her face, she seems surprised to see me.

" Hi, Jun, uno… May I come in? "

" Sure, Ken, but shouldn't you be with Daisuke at his game? " Jun asked me.

" Hai, but… I need to ask you something, " I told her.

Jun nods and lets me inside. We sit in the living room and Chibimon curls up in her lap. She scratches his head in jus the right spot and the little blue 'mon's purring fills the air.

" So, what's up? "

" It's about Daisuke. H-have you noticed anything different about him? " I asked her.

" Meaning what? " She replied.

I shift in my seat, wondering how I should… Oh, screw it. Enough with talking cautions!

" Lately, Daisuke seems to be read moody and withdrawn from everyone. Well, everyone, but our digimon and me. And just the other day, Daisuke scared me, Jun. At the amusement park he destroyed the entire house of mirrors. And he looked HAPPY about it and said something about venting, " I said. Jun's eyes widened as I continued, " The others haven't treated him any differently, but maybe…. Maybe he's had enough of how they treat him and it's getting to him. TK and Iori still treat him indifferently, Miyako's jealous of our close friendship, and Kari is still trailing him along like a love sick puppy on a lease and he doesn't even like her! "

I sit back in my seat, feeling my cheeks flush at almost blurting out that I love Daisuke. I look down, hiding my face under my bangs. " He acts like he's sitting on a timer. "

I keep my face hiding and wait for her verdict on something, anything. Ken Ichijouji loves my brother? Guilty as charged.

" K'so! "

I look up at her startled. That's not what I had expected. Jun looks a little shaken.

" Ken, I need you to get Daisuke home immediately, even if the game isn't over yet! Please, this is very important! " Jun tells me.

" Okay… " She sounds like she knows more then she's letting on. Well, why wouldn't she? I've only known Daisuke for three years and she's known him all his life. I stand up and turn to leave, " I'll be right back with Daisuke. I'm sure he won't mind if I ask him. "

" Just hurry, " Is all she replies.

* - * - *

I hear the game before I see it, the shouting of the fans and teams, and the siren of an ambulance? Running faster I head into the bleachers to find any of the others and find out what's happened. I hope it's got nothing to do with Daisuke. I hope he didn't twist or break something. I spotted Taichi and TK and dashed over.

" What's going on? " I asked them.

They both turn to me, their faces pale and I feel something hit me in my stomach.

" I-it happened right after Daisuke's team called for a time out. One of Dai's teammates got hurt and while they were patching him up, some of the other kids from the other team started to hackle that kid. Well, you know how moody Daisuke has been for the past few weeks and he just exploded and started cussing the kids out. One of the bigger ones got in Daisuke's face and they started yelling, waving fists and then… "

Taichi left off, shaking his head.

" What?! " I demanded.

Taichi swallowed, " He took a swing at Daisuke and I swear to god, that kid burst into g*ddame flames! Everyone started screaming and Daisuke just stood there looking stunned before he ran off as some adults aided the other kid! Like it was his fault or something… "

" Did anyone follow him?" I asked franticly.

" No, " TK shook his head.

" Where did he head off to? " I asked. I had to find him now, more then ever! I just had this terrible gut feeling that I had to find my Daisuke!

" Off to the park, " TK said.

" Okay! I'll go look for him! " I said and dashed off. I knew where I would find Daisuke. In our secret meeting place in the park. Daisuke showed it to me and said he liked to go there to think and said it was now our secret place. If anything, he would be there!

* - * - *

Our secret meeting place in the park was cave like structure made from bushes that Daisuke had cleared away in a large, secluded gathering of trees that one could sit or lay on a grass bank by the river and not be seen. Crawling in I found Daisuke in the cave, his legs curled up to his chest.

" Hey, " I greeted.

Daisuke looked up, but he didn't seem surprised to see me.

" Go away, Ken, it's dangerous to be around me, " he said.

" Why's that? " I asked, sitting down besides him.

" 'Cause lately I've had this craving to hurt things or people and guess what? Today someone got hurt, " Daisuke's muffled reply came.

I sit silently besides him, the memory of him smashing the mirrors still fresh in my mind, but at this moment, I'm not afraid of him. Almost like I knew I didn't have to be.

" Well… Jun says you need to come home. She's said it's important, " I told him.

Daisuke shook his head, " I can't. I'm afraid I'll want to hurt her. You shouldn't even be near me. You might get hurt. "

" Daisuke, you had nothing to do with that boy catching fire, " I told him.

Daisuke looked up at me and I can tell he's been crying.

" How can you be so sure? " He asked. Daisuke looked away, his eyes growing blank and distant again, but his voice sounds so deeply burdened, " I can feel something inside me. Some kind of force and I don't understand what it is. I get so frustrated trying to figure it out that I just want to burst out screaming or do something, anything, to make it go away! When that jerk was picking on Yuki and started on me, all I could think of was how it would serve him right if something awful happened! And it did! That's why you and Jun and Veemon should stay away from me! I couldn't stand to see anyone I love get hurt! "

He starts crying again. I put my arm around him and hold him close. Despite what he said, Daisuke clings to me, crying into my shirt.

" Daisuke, Daisuke, Daisuke… " I murmur, " There's nothing wrong with you. Strange things happen everyday to anyone. Like human combustion. Ever think of that? There have been reported cases of it. And I'm sure what you're feeling is nothing more of pent up, early teenager frustrations. Some people get really moody. Hell, I'm glad you smashed those mirrors instead of a person. "

" You saw that? " He asked.

Shit! " Um… yeah. It kinda freaked me out a little, but sometimes even I feel like taking my anger out on non-living objects, " I tell him. Daisuke seemed to stop crying and I'm glad for hit. I hate to see him this way, so we just sit here, me holding him and combing his hair, and Daisuke practically sitting in my lap.

" Hmmm, never with you… " He murmurs.

" Nani? "

" I never seen to stay upset with you around. You calm me like nothing else or anyone could, " Daisuke says to me. I know I'm blushing 'cause I can feel my face flush. Daisuke gives a little sigh and snuggles closer, " You make me feel anything, but sad or angry. You make me feel other feelings. It's a nice feeling. "

I swallow, wondering if this is Daisuke's confessing of love for me. Oh, how I wish for that sweet moment. I can feel a new change in him and when Daisuke looks up at me, his eyes are dark, but not with a storm of rage. Something that makes my stomach flip-flop.

" A very nice feeling… " He all, but purrs and I'm suddenly pinned to the ground with him above me. I want to say something, anything. Either to break up this magic moment or help carry it on, but when I open my mouth to speak, my throat feels very dry. Daisuke bends down and I close my eyes, parting my lips as I wait for our first kiss. I gave a small start when I feel his warm tongue touch the exposed part of my chest from my V-necked shirt and feel him lick a slow trail over the side of my neck and up to my cheek below my left eye, almost as if he was tasting me. He nuzzles my hair, breathing in before tracing a path down my neck with his lips. The sensations are too divine to stop and I arch up against him when he racks his teeth over the flesh of my neck. Finally he puts his lips to mine and we share a deep, soul-binding kiss.

I am lost to him, but I was always his to take, to claim.

* - * - *