Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Tai's death and Kari's kiddnapping ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
Me: I'm back with the latest Update!!!
Tai: *Cheers* that means I'm that much closer to being with Sora!!!
Me: Now, I assume that there are no hardcore Sorato fans reading this, so I'm going to let Tai beat the crap out of Sorato!!!
Sora: O_O Ummmmmmm….
Tai: O_O I'm doing….. what?
Me: *Giggles hysterically*
 
 
 
 
“I wonder why Ryuzaki is sending us to kidnap a kid?” said sixteen year old Jade Shedo as she and a boy ran though the forest. Jade had light, short, wavy brown hair, brown eyes and light skin. “And why is he sending the two of us alone if the DD are so dangerous?”
“There is something you learn when you work under the Prince. With this guy, there is a reason for everything. And as for why he wants this Hikari chick, I have no idea. I stopped asking questions after the first few missions. Although, Ryuzaki has a bad habit if trying to pair people up. He better not be trying to set us up,” said the boy. He was fifteen, and had spiky brown hair and brown eyes. “I don't think that is the case here, though.”
 
Flashback….
 
“Yasuo Ren, I have a mission for you. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to kidnap a certain girl. She is with the DD and must not be harmed. This is a stealth mission, so avoid confrontation and avoid injuring any of the DD. You are to take one of the new recruits with you on your mission. Train her well.”
“Yes, sir.”
 
End flashback
 
“There's the DD. When I give the word, we'll throw a smoke bomb and get out of here with Hikari.” Yasuo whispered to Jade.
“What if she struggles?” Jade whispered back.
“Leave that to me. And whatever you do, if the blond's eyes start glowing, get the hell out of there. And for love of Zhuqiaomon, don't look into his eyes. Ready…NOW!”
It went smoothly. Yasuo grabbed Hikari as the DD stood around coughing and rubbing their burning eyes.
“Lets go! We have approximately thirty seconds before the smoke dissipates and they use their digimon to catch up!” Yasuo said as they ran away. “We have to get to the extraction point be for they catch us!” Mentally, he was thinking `I'll never complain about our daily exercises again when we get back. I never thought that I would be carrying a kidnapped girl on my back when we were forced to do said exercises.'
“Why isn't she struggling? Did you drug her?” Jade asked.
“Yeah, look there's our ride out of here! Hurry!” Yasuo said. When they got to their “ride”, they both stopped to stare. “Wow. Ryugreymon DDM looks even more awesome up close!”
“Hurry up and get on! You can go on about how awesome I am later. I don't want to miss lunch!” Ryugreymon DDM said. Jade and Yasuo got on. “Ryuzaki will be so happy to see her. Maybe he will even smile!”
“He sure decided to end the mission in style!” Yasuo declared.
 
Later…
Kari woke up. `That was a weird dream,' she thought. As she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, she realizes she was sleeping in a large, very comfortable bed. “Where am I?!” she said, sitting up.
“You're at my castle, Hikari Kamiya,” Said a boy in a chair next to the bed. He was wearing a pink and red cloak with a hood that covered his face. The way his voice cracked suggested that he had been crying. “Please forgive me for having you kidnapped. It couldn't be helped under the situation. My name is Ryuzaki.”
Despite her fear, her curiosity got the better of her. “You're Ryuzaki? Where are Davis and Tai?! Why did you kidnap me? Tell me!”
“Kari, please let me explain.” Ryuzaki said. He looked down, and when he spoke again, the sadness was clear in his voice. “I meant to go back. I had every intention of going back. But now that may not be an option. I only meant to stay for three digi-years, that way only a few months would have passed. But something happened that I didn't expect. I died, Kari. I died and may not be coming back. If I try to leave the DW, I will cease to exist. In all honesty, I'm not supposed to exist.”
Kari was puzzled. Then a thought hit her. `No, it can't be!' Kari reached over to remove the hood, half expecting Ryuzaki to stop her. When he did nothing, she pushed the hood back, and gasped. A pair of tear-filled chocolate brown eyes looked back at her. “Tai!” Tai looked different, yet he also looked the same. He, to had the look Davis had when she saw him.
“Let me start from the beginning, Kari. That day That I found out about Matt and Sora broke the barrier I had set up to protect myself. I guess it was the day I thought I had truly lost her. I was heartbroken, and decided to stay in the DW for a while. I had everything planned out. Davis had found out you and TK were dating and decided to join me. We would stay a while, and then come back. Matt would beat the crap out of me, Sora would say some choice hurtful things to me, and tell me to grow up and get over it. Then you would slap me, yell at me for leaving, then burst into tears and cry in my arms. This is off the subject, but I have a question. How much do you know about Davis? Do you know what makes him happy, sad, or angry? Do you know what he fears most? His likes and dislikes? What makes him cry in the middle of the night? I thought you, of all people, would look beneath the surface, having lived with me for so long. You asked me why I act so dumb and goofy around the others and I never answered. Davis and I play the fool because no one else will. In actuality, Davis is as smart as me. We can understand Izzy-speak, but pretend not to. We don't charge into a fight without a plan. We pretend to be stupid because we have to keep everyone's spirits up. You don't know Davis, you just think you do. Yet you never really tried to know him”
“Tai, what happened to you two?” Kari asked.
“I guess the best way to explain is to give you some of my memories. Please don't freak out. This is the only way to do this.” Tai took out a small vial of gold liquid from his pocket and deposited the fluid in his mouth, then pressed his lips to Kari's, making her swallow it.
Kari's eyes widened. `Tai is KISSING me!!!' then she started to feel lightheaded, then there was a flash of light and Kari found herself in a forest clearing with four other people.
“Did we lose him?” panted Lisa. Kari then realized she was gasping for breath as well, and that she knew the names of everyone there.
`This must be Tai's memories!' Kari thought.
“You can't escape, DD!” Said a digimon as he crashed through the trees.
“I'm going to go out on a limb here and say…no. Davis, get everyone out of here while I distract him!” Tai said.
“Sorry, Tai, nothing doing. I'm not leaving you here.”
“Davis, do it now or else. I'll be fine.”
Davis hesitated. “Fine, but if you get hurt, I'll kill you.”
“Let me do that for you!” said the digimon. “Samtsirhc Edosipe!”
The attack hit Tai and Tai fell to the ground. For a moment everything went black, and then Kari found herself in a field. “Were am I?” Tai said.
“You are in the space between life and death,” a voice said. Tai turned to look and was shocked to see himself, looking slightly different and wearing royal robes. “I was hoping you would never meet me. I was also hoping you and Sora Takenouchi would succeed where Dark Princess Sora and I failed.”
“What are you talking about? Are you an angel?” Tai asked.
“Yes and no. I represent your past life. In your past life, you fell in love with Dark Princess Sora, but circumstances tore you apart. But we don't have time to chat. Do you want to save your friends?” Tai nodded. “Then go back. It's not your time to die yet. Go back and release me, and I will give you the power to save your friends.” Again, everything went black and then they were back in the clearing.
“Soratomon! I am your opponent, not them!” Tai said in a voice that echoed all around.
The digimon turned and surprise was evident on its face. “How-.” It didn't get to finish it's sentence because at that moment, Tai's foot planted itself on it's chin sending it upwards into the air.
“That was for hitting me,” Tai said in a cold voice. “And this is for my friends!” he added, cutting a deep gash into the Soratomon with a sword that appeared out of nowhere. “And this is for pissing me off! Data Reconfiguration!” Tai said, sending a red light out of his hand. It hit Soratomon, and he stopped moving.
“What did you do to me? Why can't I move?”
“I changed the Data that allowed you to move. You will never move from that spot again.” Tai smirked. He noticed the DD staring at him and then at the ground behind him. He turned to see what they were looking at and saw himself lying on the ground, not moving. Tai heard a voice in his head say something he immediately agreed with and said one word: “Shit!”
 
 
Done!! My longest ever!!! As for the Kari Tai thing, Sorry. I hope I didn't offend anyone. This will come into play later and I had to be consistent. The Prequel, “Cracked” will explain the whole Taichi Ryuzaki and Dark Princess Sora thing.
 
Thunderbird, I hope you enjoyed this and that it answered some questions. If this is not true, I apologize.
 
Lord Pata, Let me know what you think.
 
YukiGaAruAi 0 CourageousLove 0, did you have fun “Kidnapping” Kari? If not, sorry.
 
The Solar Being, I told you that you would be making an appearance soon. If you don't like the role you played, please forgive me.