Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Ume and Dakaru, Kari and Davis ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Me: I'm back!!!! Now before I start, I will say this: this is not a Matt bashing fic. If you want a bashing fic, then read “Ryuzakimon: the Sixth Digi-god” when I write it. Also, Mathis Tenan, I'M SORRY!!! I didn't mean to make you mad!!!
Tai: Koji means it!! Please forgive him!!
Sora: Forgive him or else!
Matt: Don't do it!!! Maybe Ryuzaki will stop writing if you don't forgive him!!!
Tai and Sora: Matt!!!!!
Tai: Data Reconfiguration!! *turns Matt into a girl*
Matt: WTF?!?!
Sora: Data Corruption!!! *Makes Matt go bald*
Matt: YOU RUINED MY HAIR!!!!!! *Cries*
 
 
 
Kari woke up to see Tai looking at her sadly. “I wanted to go back. I wanted it so bad.” He said, pain clear in his voice.
“I want to see him. I want to see my brother.” Kari said softly.
“Then I will show you. But then you have to go back to the DD.”
“Why! Why do I have to go back?! I want to stay here with Tai!”
“I would like that. But you can't. Mimi and Izzy need you.”
Kari was confused. “Mimi isn't there.”
“Yet.” Tai gave a small, sad smiled. “I have contacted Mimi several times in the last couple years. She hasn't contacted the DD for a reason. She has been here many times.”
“You talked to Mimi and not me?!” Kari said, her feelings obviously hurt.
“I couldn't tell you. Doing so would have put you in danger and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you got hurt. Mimi was out of Matt's influence and was immune to his dark charms, due to her `past' history. (Hint, Hint!) Mimi has some secrets of her own, and is on my side.” Tai grinned through tear stained eyes. “Mimi is going to give Matt hell for me. Now, before I take you to see my body, I have something to give you.” Tai took a blue swirling orb from his pocket and handed it to Kari. “That is Ume, and if you say, `Dragon Armor Digivolve, Ume' then Gatomon will gain her powers. However, you will absorb some of Ume's power and personality for as long as Gatomon is digivolved.” Tai then took out a necklace and handed it to Kari. “This will keep Matt from using his dark charms on you. Never take it off. And another thing, don't trust Matt, Sora, or Genni.”
“Why can't I trust Genni?”
“The Genni program has been altered and corrupted. Now I need to send you back soon. I'll take you to see my body, then send you back. When someone asks how you escaped your kidnappers, tell them Davis rescued you.” With that, Tai grabbed her arm and they were transported to a small room with a bed in it. On the bed lay Tai's body.
Kari went to the bed and touched Tai's face. Tears ran down her face. When she spoke, it was evident that she was choking back a sob. “Ryuzaki, you're still Tai, right?”
“Yes.”
Kari went over to him, threw her arms around him and began to sob uncontrollably. “Don't make me go back! Please, let me stay here with you!”
Tai hugged her close. “I don't want you to leave either. But you can't stay here. The DD need you. Please, be strong and protect the DD. Do it for your older brother. And if you can't do it, you can come back. Just show the guards Ume and the digivolved Gatomon and they will let you in without questioning you.” He said this, even though tears were cascading down his face as well. “I'm going to send you back now. Ken will be joining the DD soon. If you have any questions as to what Davis is really like, ask him.” And with that last statement, Kari found herself back in the forest near the village Ryukyuubimon and Ryuveemon saved.
“Tai, are you sure that Matt won't try to hurt Kari?” Davis said, appearing in the room with him.
“He probably will, but Kari has Ume now, so she should be fine.
Davis did a double take. “Tai, that was a really bad joke, right? You didn't really give her Ume, did you?”
“I'm not joking Davis.”
“But TK-”
“Will be fine. He has girls all over him. He'll find someone.”
“But-” Davis started weakly.
“If Kari doesn't love you like that, then nothing will happen. If she does, then it will make her rethink her relationship with you. Just because the dragons Dakaru and Ume are lovers won't make Kari fall in love with you just because they are.”
“But would you be okay if the two of us were dating?” Davis asked uncertainly.
“Davis, if I had a problem with you two, would I try to help you?”
“I guess that's true. Are you planning on giving Sora Senji's mate, Yuna?”
“If Sora doesn't kill me, yes.”
 
Meanwhile…
 
Kari was sitting on a bench in the village. `Tai, I'll do my best to make you proud of me. I won't run, and I won't give up,' she thought. Her thoughts were interrupted by a high-pitched girly voice.
“Is this spot taken?”
“Mimi!” Kari shouted.
“Well, now that you know about Tai, I guess that we are going to be sticking close to each other so we can watch each others back. I always knew I was a princess. I just never thought I was literally a princess in a previous life.”
“What?!”
“Tai didn't tell you much, did he? Well, enough of that, which dragon did you get?”
“Mimi! Don't talk so loudly! The others may be nearby!”
“Don't worry they're still out looking for you. They'll come back in about two hours.”
“How do you know?”
“I have a friend named Tana, who has the Crest of Foresight and occasionally gets glimpses of the future. I got Hina, who did you get?”
“I got Ume.”
Mimi looked shocked. “Do you know Davis has Dakaru?”
“Yes. Why?”
“Dakaru is a boy and Ume is a girl.”
“So?”
Mimi still looked shocked, but there was some frustration there, too. Kari just didn't get it. “Dakaru and Ume are lovers!”
Mimi waited to let the information sink in. Kari's eyes widened. “This can't be a coincidence. Tai planned this!”
 
 
Done!!! If your lucky, I may update twice today!
 
Thunderbird, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
 
Lord Pata, any problems? Let me know.
 
Yasuo (you don't mind if I call you that do you? your screen name is really long) I hope you like this chapter.
 
The Solar Being, you and Yasuo will be keeping an eye on Kari. Read and Review!
 
Mathis Tenan, I can't say it enough! On the off chance that you are going to read this still, I'M SORRY!!!!!!