Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ You lack EVERYTHING ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
Me: Welcome back to the chaotic and crazy world of Broken! Let me be your guide in a world that makes no sense and proves that it is probably a good thing I don't own Digimon.
Tai: If you owned Digimon, you wouldn't be making fanfics.
Me: thats right. I also don't know if I would go with Broken or Ryuzakimon.
Tai: By the way, what did Sora mean by “in his sealed state”?
Me: read and find out.
 
 
 
“I won't let you hurt Sora!” said Senji/Tai. “When I said he was being controlled by Darkness, I meant Yamimon!” Their swords clashed with growing speed, until the only evidence that they were there was an area devoid of light and black sparks.
“You do know the only reason the council heeded your command was because you threatened to go rogue if Sora was harmed, right?”
“It's not like you weren't young once too. I distinctly remember Ume telling me about a certain instance when-”
“That was different!”
TK was in shock. `The world has gone mad! What were they talking about? What was Matt doing to Kari? Why did she call Sora a Dark Princess? Ume/Kari and Dakaru/Davis just kissed!'
Mimi/Hina was thinking about how hot Dakaru/Davis and Senji/Tai looked. `Wow, Senji looks hotter than his father does if that's possible! I wouldn't mind playing with him a little.' She giggled as naughty thoughts entered her head.
Just then, Yasuo and Jade came running. “We need to leave, now!”
“Why do we need to leave?” Ume/Kari asked after recovering from Matt's attempted mind control.
“Ishida called in reinforcements. Chances are that he's headed toward the castle. ”
“Then let's get out of here.” Ume/Kari grabbed a bewildered TK and Joe and disappeared with them. Hina/Mimi grabbed Yolie and Cody, Senji/Tai grabbed Ken and Izzy, and Dakaru/Davis managed to snag Sora before she could leave.
“You aren't going anywhere!” he said. “Tai must know something about you that I don't.” and with that, they too disappeared.
 
At the castle…..
The DD/dragon arrived at the castle to find that humans had lost conciseness. “The human body doesn't handle teleportation well.” Dakaru/Davis remarked.
“Taichi Ryuzaki!” Tana stormed over and smacked Senji/Tai with all her might. “How could you hide something like this from us?! How long have you known?! Damn it, we thought we had a little longer before it got this bad!” Her eyes were filled with tears.
“It's too late.”
“No! I refuse to give up! There has to be something we can do!”
“There isn't. Dakaru, change back to Davis. I need to talk to him.” Dakaru did as he was told. “Come with me. I need to talk to you about what's going to happen tomorrow.”
“What is it, Tai?” Davis asked, concerned after they reached Tai's room.
“You have always been a good friend Davis. I want you to take good care of my sister and the kingdom. I'm trusting you with everything that ever mattered to me. Take good care of it.”
“What are you talking about?”
“I see. Dakaru couldn't bring himself to tell you.”
“Tai, you're scaring me. What are you saying?!”
“I'm out of time, Davis. Tomorrow will be the last day I will see the sun rise. No matter what the outcome, it will end tomorrow.”
“That's not true! You lasted twelve years like that! There is no reason to believe that-”
As Davis was talking, Tai dropped the illusion he had on. Davis gasped in surprise. Tai's body seemed to go in and out of focus and Davis watched in horror as Tai's right arm dissolved completely and slowly reformed. Tai looked at Davis sadly. “This has been slowly happening over the last couple of weeks. There is only so much the crest of power and Senji can do. You stuck with me through everything: Sora's rejection, me being replaced by Matt as leader of the DD, my leaving the DD, my death, and now this. Please, protect my sister, my kingdom, and my family. Comfort Hikari when I'm gone, and tell my parent that I'm sorry that I left without saying goodbye. Save Matt from the Darkness and succeed where I failed and defeat Yamimon. Please, don't hate Sora, it's her nature as the Dark Princess. I'm asking you this, not as Prince Ryuzaki, your mentor, or the former leader of the DD. I'm asking this as a friend to a friend. Will you do this for me?”
“Tai, you have to fight this! I can't handle this alone! I don't have a bunch of three hundred year old memories to rely on for help!” Tears were running down Davis's face as he silently wept.
“I don't either. Sora has most of my memories in a pendent around her neck. I just relied on my gut instincts and my moral judgment. The parts of my previous life I know are small glimpses I got while training my mind.”
“Tai, you were a born leader. I am not capable of the things you are. You can't stop fighting now!”
“It's no longer a matter of fighting anymore, Davis. I fought a losing battle, and lost accordingly. I was a fool to believe I could cheat death twice, just like I was a fool to believe Sora could ever love me. I am resigned to my fate.”
“Tai, you never believed in fate! Don't start now!”
“Davis, you are the only one I can trust with these requests. Would you refuse me these small comforts that I ask for?”
“I will do as you ask, Tai. But promise me, Tai. Promise me that when I need help or guidance that wherever you are, you will help me.”
“Complete yourself, Davis. Find the courage to try to make a difference, the power to make it happen, the knowledge to know when to retreat, the sincerity to show you can be trusted, the reliability to do what needs to be done, and be a friend to those in need. Find the hope of a better tomorrow, the light to guide you, and the darkness to obscure the line where it needs to be crossed. And finally, find the Love that makes it all worth while.”
“I will, Tai.”
“I want to rest. You may leave now.” Davis began to leave when Tai spoke again. “One last thing. Tomorrow, there will come a time when you will want nothing more than to interfere. If you do, then I will never forgive you. You will know when the time comes.”
 
Back with the others…
Ume had changed back to Kari in time to see Davis walk slowly past. “Davis!” Davis didn't respond. “I wonder what's wrong?” `Don't bother him right now. He has a lot on his mind' came Ume's voice in the back of her mind. She sounded sad.
 
That night…….
Sora was dreaming. She found herself sitting under the tree in the park again.
“Sora,”
Sora felt a hand on her shoulder and looked over to see Tai with a sad smile on his face. They talked a while about nothing in particular when Tai put his hand on Sora's. “Sora, I have wanted to ask for a while. Why don't you love me the way I love you? What do I lack that Matt has?”
A smile slowly spread on Sora's face. A cruel smile full of malice. “What you lack, Tai,” she turned to look at him, “is everything. Face it, Tai. You don't even have a body.” Tai jerked away as if he had been burned. Sora continued. “You once also lacked power. Where are your dark emotions, Tai? Your rage, pain, sadness and anger? Matt accuses you of having ice running through your veins, but no one is that good. Not even me.”
“Is that all?” Tai said in a neutral voice.
 
 
 
OMG!! I am so sorry for not updating yesterday!!!!! *laughs halfheartedly* Sora will find that Tai really wasn't lacking anything. I really wanted to make the part with Davis and Tai sad enough to make people cry, but I think I failed miserably. Anyway, tell me what you think!