Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Captive Complications ❯ The Joy of Rubbing ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

Not mine.

Warnings:

*blinks* um... innuendo? *shrugs*

Author's Notes:

Um... currently working on the tenth chapter. CC9 will be up next week; after that, no promises. But, as life is tentatively going better, the end (CC12 or CC13) should not be too far off.

Enjoy!


Captive Complications

by Ice'is Blue


8. The Joy of Rubbing

All Koushiro had been able to do was rest the nymph against a large tree and hope that the close proximity to his native element would help the creature in some way. He felt a weight lift from his heart when the nymph's condition slowly reversed itself. The first to go was the was the sickly pallor and from there, his vitals improved until it appeared that the slightest touch would wake him. But that wasn't quite true. Koushiro had tried... and failed to wake him from the seemingly easy slumber.

A few hours later he'd gotten up to give his legs a stretch and had wandered over to his Prince and the King. The two were asleep, cradled in each other's arms. It was best that they sleep now, so he spread the blanket more equally over them and returned to Daisuke's side.

He wedged himself against the tree trunk then shifted the nymph into his arms, letting the narrow back rest against his chest. He ran his fingers through the wild mane. At first he did so with the intent to straighten it into some type of order, but he soon abandoned that idea in favor of simply enjoying the way it felt against his skin. When the nymph still didn't wake, he grew bolder in his actions, allowing his hands to include stroking the creature's cheeks and lightly exploring from earlobe to pointed eartip. Three days ago, he never could have imagined himself sitting in a forest glen, rubbing an attractive nymph's ears. If it weren't for his worry, he would gladly do this every day.

"So, I'm wondering why you're not waking up," he said aloud to the small figure cradled in his lap. In the distance, King Yamato's guards had set up the pavilions. He was used to sorting out his troubles aloud when he was alone. If Koushiro kept his voice low, there would be no chance of them overhearing him. "If I consider this logically, I know that your condition improved while you were with the tree. But now it seems as if you've reached a plateau and you need some further form of assistance to return you to your active state." He sighed, stroking along the ridge of the pointed ear. "It would be a considerable shame if you never regained consciousness. Think of all the information lost. You'd never be able to tell me about your kind, or this forest, or which of our other legends are also true."

He brushed against the closed eyelids, down the bridge of the small upturned nose, and twice across petal soft lips. Gently, he lowered the nymph to the ground, then slowly eased himself over the limp body so that sweet breath was washing up into his face, beautifully, deliciously, temptingly close.

"You're not under a spell, I don't think, but in stories... And you... you're... I wonder if..."

Figuring he had nothing to loose, the knight finally kissed the nymph, just as he had wanted to do upon first seeing the enchanting creature. And when the kiss turned less chaste, more passionate, the thrill he received almost took away the sting of having to only imagine being kissed in return. Almost.

The nymph still slept. Koushiro tried to not take it personally, but it was difficult. He had a gnawing suspicion that a kiss from Prince Taichi, or even King Yamato, would have no trouble in waking a fairy-tale creature. By rights, a knight should have been an acceptable substitute, but Koushiro knew that he was a sorry excuse for a knight. All he had was smarts and book-learning. Real knights had valor, and courage, and good looks, and... well, height.

Later, when the crescent moon had risen above the treeline and after Koushiro had worked himself up into a completely miserable state, Daisuke's entire body spasmed violently. Before the knight could react with what limited medical training he possessed, the twitching stopped. Silence followed for a few heartbeats, then came a deep, throaty moan ending in a growl.

"Ow. Not so rough, Kitten," the nymph purred. Koushiro froze, not sure to be surprised more by the creature's alertness, or by his first words. Daisuke, meanwhile, was incredibly frustrated. "No," he pleaded. "Don't stop now."

Koushiro blinked in confusion. Was the nymph talking to him?

"Your hands," the nymph begged, thrashing back and forth trying to create more friction. "Please don't stop."

The knight looked down at where his body parts in question were braced on the ground to either side of the creature's head. He'd been rubbing Daisuke's ears.

"Please!"

Feeling his cheeks warm, Koushiro resumed stroking down from the pointed tips, along the outer edges, and lightly tracing the inner whorls, up and back down again.

The nymph's gasps turned ragged and continued that way until he let loose a keening cry that pierced the night and had the knight's cheeks flaming at its eroticism. Now in Koushiro's arms, Daisuke shuddered once, then went bonelessly limp in his grasp.

Before the knight could fully process what had happened, the Master of the Guard appeared with two other men behind him. The man looked over them with a frown. "Is it all right?" he asked, directing the question entirely toward the knight.

Koushiro bit his cheek in anger. "He's fine. Leave us."

The Master raised his eyebrow at the commanding tone, but his lips twitched in a humorless smile and he turned without saying anything further. Rather than following their superior, the two guardsmen advanced. "Watch your mouth, boy. That's no way to talk to the Master. Act like that again and we'll remove your disrespectful tongue for you."

Daisuke gave them a weak glare for threatening his knight. A pinch of pink dust blown into their faces was all it took. "Oh, go snog each other in the bushes. You know you want to."

Koushiro held his tongue as the two turned and stomped back toward the rest of the camped soldiers. At the last minute, they ducked into the overgrowth and disappeared. He looked at the nymph curiously. "How did you do that?"

"Trade secret."

"Again?" The knight sighed, but he didn't push the issue. "Are you feeling better now? I wasn't sure how to help you. I tried putting you by a tree, and then, well, I don't understand what just happened."

"I'm feeling good as new. You did exactly what needed to be done. I knew you were a smart one," Daisuke smiled. "You can go get the Prince and King now. I'm sure they have many questions they want answers for."

Koushiro hesitated. He didn't want to give up his monopoly on the nymph's attention just yet and there were still some questions he wanted answered. "What about the things I want to know. Like..." He raised a hesitant hand to brush against an ear hidden in Daisuke's tangle of curls. The nymph turned into the touch, letting out a low, throaty purr. The knight gulped. "Like that. What am I doing to you?"

The human looked halfway worried, or maybe even halfway scared, so Daisuke chose to take pity on him and not tease him further. He turned his head and pressed a kiss to the knight's hand, then drew away. "The ears are very sensitive parts of a nymph's body -- even more so than what lies between the legs of a human male, although we are highly sensitive there as well."

"You're saying that I was..." Koushiro gulped. He'd been molesting the nymph in his sleep. The urge to apologize was overwhelming, but he fought against it since the impish creature clearly didn't seem to mind in the least. Still, his cheeks felt like they were on fire. "I'll... um... I'll go get the Prince and King Yamato."

Daisuke favored him with what was supposed to be a soothing, reassuring smile. "If you please. I'm sure they're anxious to hear why we're all here." The knight looked only slightly less mortified for the nymph's efforts, but finally nodded and set off deeper into the woods.

TBC...

***** ^_^ *****