Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Captive Complications ❯ Country Traditions ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

Don't own it.


Warnings:

There's going to be a delay in posting chapters from here on out, but I hope to have the entire story up by the end of August.


Author's Notes:

Thank you to everyone who has reviewed so far. I love to get reviews and take much pleasure from reading them.
PS: The first Gravitation DVD is being released 06/29/04. Order yours today and rejoice in the shounen ai yummyness.

Enjoy!



Captive Complications

by Ice'is Blue



9. Country Traditions

Koushiro approached the royal pair cautiously, remembering the way they had been locked together before and aware that his poor blood vessels couldn't survive another round of blushes. Unfortunately, still curled together in slumber at the base of an ancient tree with the blanket falling off to one side, the King and the Prince both appeared to be experiencing a highly pleasing dream. At least they were still clothed.

"Your Highness?" the knight called rather loudly, knowing from experience that Taichi would not wake easily. The Prince remained dead to the world. King Yamato, however, gave a soft moan and tightened his arms around Taichi. Koushiro scowled. He didn't want to go back to the nymph without the others, but he didn't relish the task of waking the new-found lovebirds. Maybe he could pour water on them...

Lacking a bucket and unwilling to ask Yamato's guards for one, Koushiro resigned himself to the old-fashioned method. He kicked the Prince on the sole of his shoe. "Wake up, please, Prince Taichi," he said very, very loudly. This earned him a whiney grumble as the Prince twisted and burrowed his face into the King's shirt.

Perhaps he was going about this the wrong way. Koushiro thought for a moment. He couldn't kick King Yamato -- it could very well cost him his life if the King took exception to the rough treatment. Eventually, the knight settled for tugging on the older man's sleeve. "Wake up, Your Highness." Blue eyes blinked open and summarily began glaring. Koushiro spoke before the King could start snarling. "The nymph is awake and he wishes to speak with us all."

King Yamato gave an inelegant grunt to acknowledge the knight. Normally, he didn't mind waking up and all his attendants at the palace envied his cheerful post-sleep demeanor. However, Taichi's weight was pressing pleasurably in his lap and he did not want to let the Prince out of his grip quite yet. Before he could complain though, the knight kicked the Prince for the second time. Taichi jolted in the King's embrace, arms flailing in needless defense. Yamato tightened his grip, planting kisses up the column of Taichi's neck. The younger man went still, but when Yamato loosened his arms, Taichi pushed himself away.

The Prince rubbed a hand along the back of his neck, only to end up wiping extra moisture off on the skirt of his ballgown. He gave Yamato an accusatory glare. The King shrugged and blew him a kiss. Taichi and the knight rolled their eyes. Unperturbed, King Yamato redirected their attention. "The nymph's awake. Let's go hear what he has to say."

Taichi nodded, but dodged the King's arm when the other moved to draw him nearer. The dream he'd been having was making him feel queer in Yamato's company. By the fire, he tried to allow the King to sit first, so that he could sit at a breathable distance... but the older man remained standing and when Taichi finally took a seat, Yamato plopped down right next to him.

Daisuke watched the interaction going on and was pleased. It was only a matter of time until Taichi succumbed to Yamato's advances. He was even happier when the knight, edging away from the pair, found the only other comfortable seating to be directly beside the nymph. Daisuke rubbed his leg flirtatiously against Koushiro's. Politely not smiling when the knight eep'ed, he began his tale.

"I know you all must be wondering why we're here. That answer is tightly bound with what I am."

"What you are?"

"Yes. As a nature sprite, I have duties within this sacred forest. These duties, my sworn oath to protect this place, have required me to seek your help. I initially went to your father, Prince Taichi, but he would not listen to me." He looked up at them earnestly. "Action must be taken or the land will fail. Not just this forest here -- that will be just the beginning -- but the fields and crops and gardens for thousands of ells around will slowly wither and produce no new growth. It will affect both your kingdoms, so that is why I have brought the two of you here."

"What is it that you need us to do, and why did my father not help you if it is as serious as you claim?"

"The King dismissed my request as a mere country tradition, a backward superstition, but if the ritual is not carried out soon... all growing things will suffer. "

Interest piqued by the nymph's earnestness, King Yamato sat more upright. "A ritual? What kind? A pinch of salt, incense, chanting, jumping over bonfires -- those kinds of things?"

Daisuke laughed. "No, nothing as complicated as all that. I'm not that sort of nature sprite. Those ceremonies have already taken place. Mine's the last to be done."

Koushiro chewed on his lip. "So, um, what type of a nature sprite are you?"

The nymph struck a pose and waited with a silent smirk.

Taichi thought back to his lessons. "Um, fire? Air? Earth? Water? Err... what else is there?"

Daisuke paused for effect, savoring the undivided attentions of the three humans. It was one thing to be said in their favor. Trees were incredibly difficult to fluster, yet humans, with their delicate (and predictable) sensibilities were so delightful to shock.

"Well, what else is there?" Taichi growled, impatient as ever.

"Sex." The nymph made his face carefully neutral as he tried to conceal his mirth.

The delivery produced a fit of coughing in the knight. Daisuke was obliged to thump him on the back until the human signaled he was all right. Prince Taichi looked skeptical. King Yamato smiled, but he quickly hid it.

"And so you need us to do what, exactly?" the King asked.

"I need two of royal blood to perform an ancient fertility ritual so that the surrounding land may continue to produce fruitfully."

This was perfect. Yamato's blue eyes narrowed sharply, holding a hint of curiosity, a hint of mischief. He glanced sideways at Prince Taichi. "I certainly wouldn't want anything bad happening to the land. Tell me, nymph, is the ritual complicated?"

Daisuke swallowed the smile threatening to rise. He knew the King understood the underlying message. The blond ruler's carefully concerned words were spoken for Taichi's benefit only. It would be a game -- to see how long it would take for the Prince to catch on. The nymph replied carefully, "It can be complicated, but it's no more difficult than any other day-to-day activity. But there are dangers: your limbs can become tangled, you could lose your mind, and there's even the chance of death..." He held two fingers a wrist's width apart. "But it's a small one."

Taichi, oblivious to Yamato's failing attempt at keeping a blank face, was riveted to the nymph's every word. "Does it hurt?" he asked, with all innocence.

"I assure you that the ritual is very pleasurable," Daisuke responded seriously. Unfortunately, the King chose that moment to lose control and release loud peals of laughter.

"Hey, wait a minute..." Taichi looked from Koushiro's flaming red face, to the slightly smirking nymph, to where the bastard, Yamato, lay gasping for breath on the grass. "You mean... you want..."

King Yamato recovered enough to reach over and snag hold of Taichi's hem. "Oh, come on. Would it really be so bad?"

Taichi glared. "Why does this seem to be one great conspiracy to get you into my pants?"

The King assumed a wounded look. "Taichi, that's not what's happening here at all," he said as if speaking to a young child.

"No?" the Prince asked sharply. He hated being talked down to. "Then what is? Tell me."

"Silly," Yamato soothed, running a hand beneath the fabric and up the Prince's curiously smooth leg. "I'm trying to get into your skirt."

TBC...

***** ^_^ *****